巴斯特基顿的“将军号♥”
编剧兼导演: 巴斯特基顿、克莱迪布鲁克曼
一八六一年春天 西方大西洋特快车 全速驰入乔治亚州马利亚塔
The Western and Atlantic Flyer speeding into Marietta, Ga., in Spring of 1861.
(将军号♥)
他生命中有两个爱
There were two loves in his life.
他的引擎,以及…
His engine,And?-
桑特堡已经开火了
‘Fort Sumter has been fired upon.’
那么战争来临了
‘Then the war is here.’
是的,爹,我要成为首批入伍者
‘Yes, dad, and I’m going to be one of the first to enlist.’
你不去从军吗?
‘Aren’t you going to enlist?’
(募兵处)
你的名字?
‘Your name?’
强尼葛雷
职业?
‘Occupation?’
西方大西洋铁路火车司机
‘Engineer on the Western and Atlantic Railroad.’
别召募他,对南方而言
‘Don’t enlist him.
他当火车司机更有价值
He is more valuable to the South as an engineer.’
我们不能用你
‘We can’t use you.’
威廉布朗
职业?
‘Occupation?’
酒保
‘Bartender.’
如果你们输了这场战争 别怪我
‘If you lose this war don’t blame me.’
强尼从军了吗?
‘Did Johnnie enlist?’
他甚至没去排队
‘He didn’t even get in line.’
对南方而言,他是个耻辱
‘He’s a disgrace to the South.’
你为何没从军?
‘Why didn’t you enlist?’
他们不接受我
‘They wouldn’t take me.’
请别撒谎
‘Please don’t lie —
我不想再跟你说话
I don’t want you to speak to me again
直到你穿上制♥服♥为止
until you are in uniform.’
一年后
A year later.
在恰塔奴加北面的 一个联邦军营理
In a Union encampment just North of Chattanooga.
柴契尔将军
General Thatcher
和他的头号♥间谍,安德森上尉
and his chief spy, Captain Anderson.
我知道马利亚塔 到恰塔奴加的每寸铁路
‘I know every foot of this railroad from Marietta to Chattanooga —
加上十个精选人手 我不会失败
and with ten picked men I cannot fail.’
我们将以中立的肯德基州
‘We will enter the South as civilians coming from the neutral state of Kentucky
老百姓加入南方联盟
to join the Southern cause.’
趁旅客与工作人员晚餐时
‘At Big Shanty we will steal the train
我们在大森地劫走火车
while the passengers and crew are at dinner, and proceeding ‘…
往北走,我们将烧毁每一座桥
North we will burn every bridge,
切断你正面的军队补给
cutting off the supplies of the army now facing you.’
那么你劫火车的那天
‘Then the day you steal the train
我要派克将军前往与你见面
I will have General Parker advance to meet you.’
(马利亚塔)
一旦你到达
‘As soon as I arrive
我会让你知道 父亲受伤有多严重
I will let you know how seriously father is wounded.’
大森地,停二十分钟吃晚餐
‘Big Shanty. Twenty minutes for dinner.’
三个男子偷了我的将军号♥
‘Three men stole my General.
我想他们是逃兵
I think they are deserters.’
何不停下来与他们战斗?
‘Why not stop and fight them?’
恐怕他们人数比我们多太多
‘I’m afraid they have us greatly outnumbered.’
驻守恰塔奴加的南军奉令撤退
The Southern army facing Chattanooga is ordered to retreat.
派克将军之胜利的北军前进
General Parker’s victorious Nothern army advancing.
在敌人土地上,绝望地迷路
‘There is only one man on that engine.’
无助地寒冷及非常地饥饿
In the enemy’s country — hopelessly lost, helplessly cold and horribly hungry.
明早九点
At nine o’clock tomorrow morning
我方补给火车将在
our supply trains will meet and unite with General
石河桥与派克将军部队会合
Parker’s army at the Rock River bridge.’
而部队在补给火车支援下
‘Then the army, backed by our supply trains
将前往突袭叛军的左翼
will advance for a surprise attack on the rebel’s left flank.’
一旦我军♥火♥车和部队越过桥
‘Once our trains and troops cross that bridge
世上没有东西可抵挡我们
nothing on earth can stop us.’
我们劫车时这女孩在行李车上
‘This girl was in the baggage car when we stole the train,
因此我想最好扣留她
so I thought it best to hold her.’
我们最好留在这儿等待天亮
‘We had better stay here until daybreak
才明了我们在哪里
to see where we are.’
你这么勇敢,只为了救我
‘It was so brave of you to risk your life
冒你生命危险来到敌人地区
coming into the enemy’s country, just to save me.’
经过一夜美好宁静的休息后
After a nice, quiet, refreshing night’s rest.
(将军号♥)
不论怎样我们得返回我方阵地
‘We’ve got to get back to our lines somehow
警告他们即将来临的攻击
and warn them of this coming attack.’
在他抵达南军阵地之前 我会抓到那个间谍
‘I will get that spy BEFORE he reaches the Southern lines.
你照计划跟随补给火车走吧
You follow with the supply trains as planned.’
我们必须拾捡更多的柴火
‘We must pick up more firewood.’
石河桥
The Rock River bridge
桥附近的北方师
The Northern division nearing the bridge
要会合补给火车
to meet the supply trains
(总部)
那座桥还没烧毁得
‘That bridge is not burned
足以阻止你们
enough to stop you
我手下将涉水过河
and my men will ford the river.’
当日的英雄们
Heroes of the day.
那是你的制♥服♥吗?
‘Is that your uniform?’
我必须穿着它通过阵线
‘I had to wear it to get through the lines.’
脱掉!
‘Take it off!’
征召这位中尉
‘Enlist the Lieutenant.’
职业?
‘Occupation?’
军人
‘Soldier.’

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!