真的?我一直很喜欢你弟弟
Connie? Really? I always liked your brother.
总之呢
Anyway…
我只是担心你不好受
I just thought this might be difficult for you.
只不过是生日
Just another birthday.
因为你父亲的缘故
Because of your father.
对,他正是四十八岁去世的 其实我现在才想到这点
That’s right, he was 48, wasn’t he? I hadn’t thought about it until now.
我♥干♥么打这个电♥话♥
Why do I call?
我也不知道
I honestly don’t know.
请代我问候你先生跟你女儿
Please send Dr Mel and Rachel my best.
她快有弟弟了,我做过超音波
She has a little brother on the way. We did the ultrasound.
标准的核心家庭
Official nuclear family.
你很高兴吧
You must be very pleased.
对,我们都很高兴
We are. We are very pleased.
跟你谈话很愉快
Well, it’s good to talk with you…
你去忙吧
自己多保重
– I guess I should let you go. – Take care of yourself.
你也是,尼克,千万保重自已
You too, Nicholas. I mean that, I really do.
嗯,再见
Be well. Bye.
这个提案 鼓励小企业为员工投保健康险
A proposal to encourage small businesses to provide their employees
引起华盛顿立委诸公的争议
with health insurance is now being debated by Washington legislators.
此法案将中小企业健康险合并
The bill, which attaches small-business health plans to those of larger corporations,
初步得到许多共和党员的支持
is receiving initial support from a number of key Republican leaders.
However, Democratic lawmakers are voicing serious concerns about the bill,
claiming that it would undermine local…
我们把话说明白
I just wanted to make sure that we understand each other.
等你把它写成白纸黑字 我一定全力支持
Once you get it down on paper, then you can count on my full support.
– 我们了解 – 谢谢
– We understand. – Thank you.
我们再谈
We’ll talk soon.
消费者娱乐服务会,十四楼
请不要有负面的感觉
You shouldn’t feel this reflects negatively on you.
我只是感觉…
I do feel this reflects…
– 我收到这张… – 请稍等
– I received this… – Just a moment.
– 我有信心通过 – 很遗憾你有这种感受,我了解
– I took these tests in good faith. – I’m sorry you feel that way.
希望没有造成你的不便
We hope we haven’t caused you any inconvenience.
谢谢你选择 消服会
Thank you for choosing CRS.
范高德先生,请招呼这位先生好吗?
Mr Feingold, could you assist this gentleman?
好,没问题
Oh, yeah, sure.
吉姆·范高德,资料分♥析♥工程部副总
Jim Feingold, VP Engineering, Data Analysis.
我不了解贵公♥司♥的性质 这张卡是我弟弟送我的
I don’t know exactly how this works. My brother sent me this card as a gift.
太好了,我们开始吧
All right, excellent. Let’s get started.
很抱歉办公室这么乱
I’m sorry about all this hullabaloo here.
我们刚搬过来
We’re… Well, we’re still moving.
我在附近有个办公室
I got an office around here somewhere.
麻烦帮我拿一下好吗?
Do you mind holding that?
谢谢你
Thank you very much.
谢谢
Thank you.
– 你饿不饿,新月小馆的料理 – 不饿,谢谢你
– Are you hungry? New Moon Cafe. – No, thank you.
中国城里最棒的餐厅
Best in Chinatown.
康拉德·范沃顿给你的礼物?
A gift from Conrad Van Orton.
– 有意思 – 什么事有意思?
– Interesting. – What is?
令弟是我们伦敦分公♥司♥的客户
Your brother was a client with our London branch.
我们做过非正式的计分
We do a sort of informal scoring.
他的分数很高
His numbers are outstanding.
真的
Really?
– 你真的不饿吗? – 不饿
– You sure you’re not hungry? – No.
请你填一下这张入会申请表
Now, you need to fill out these forms.
并完成这两份心理测验
There’s an application and a couple of psych tests.
The MMPI and the TAT.
至于财务问卷,想答的再答
For the financial questionnaire, don’t answer anything you don’t feel like.
我们会去做信用调查
We’ll run a TRW.
问我有时会伤害小动物,对或错
“I sometimes hurt small animals. True or false?”
问我手♥淫♥时会有罪恶感?
“I feel guilty when I masturbate.”
问题不是我出的 我只负责看答案
Well, I don’t write the questions. I just review the answers.
– 这是做什么的? – 让我们了解你的能力
– What is this for? – A sense of your capabilities…
不,我是问,贵公♥司♥是卖♥♥什么?
No, what is this for? What are you selling?
– 这是一套游戏 – 游戏
– It’s a game. – A game?
为每位会员量身订做的游戏
Specifically tailored for each participant.
就像假期 但不是你去,而是它来找你
Think of it as a great vacation. Except you don’t go to it, it comes to you.
什么样的假期?
What kind of vacation?
– 每次都不同 – 说一说细节吧
– It’s different every time. – Humour me with specifics.
我们提供
We provide…
客户所缺乏的
…whatever’s lacking.
– 万一他什么都不缺呢 – 我给你两点建议好吗?
– What if nothing is lacking? – May I make two suggestions?
你当我会糊里糊涂地加入吗?
You think I’ll participate without knowing…
首先,请承认这听来很吸引人
First, admit to yourself that it sounds intriguing.
其次,你不必今天做决定
Second, you don’t have to decide today.
把测验做一做,表填一填 哪天你的游戏开始了
Take the silly test, fill out the forms. One day, your game begins.
看你喜不喜欢,到时再决定
You either love it or hate it. Decide then.
这就像参加每月一书试阅会员
You know, we’re like an experiential Book-of-the-Month Club.
你随时可以无条件退出
You can drop out at any time with no further obligation.
这是我的推销术语
That was my sales pitch.
– 这要花多少时间 – 心理测验一小时
– How long will this take? – An hour for those,
– 体能测验一小时 – 体能测验
– an hour for the physical. – Physical?
只是个粗略的检查,很简单的
It’s a cursory examination. Turn your head and cough.
你很快就可以离开
You’ll be out of here in no time.
困惑
Confused.
危险
Risky.
血腥
Bloody.
大事不妙
Whoops.
– 萨瑟兰先生来电问贝尔葛兰特公♥司♥的会议 – 挪到星期三
– Mr Sutherland called. – Make it Wednesday.
– 安森·贝尔问你明天有没有空 – 明天?
– Anson Baer called about tomorrow. – Tomorrow?
– 还要检查多久 – 不会太久,就快好了
– How much longer will this take? – Not long, you’re almost done.
你两小时前就这么讲了
You said that two hours ago. Put it back until tomorrow.
男子气概
… following emotional responses.
屈服
You have 0.9 seconds to enter your emotional response.
高♥潮♥
Reaction time is a factor.
死亡
Please make a selection for the following emotional responses.
You have 0.9 seconds to enter your emotional response.
到底结束了没有
Does this thing end?
– 抱歉,让你久等了 – 没关系
– I’m sorry to keep you waiting. – Don’t worry.
没关系,很高兴在这耗一整天
It’s been terrific spending my entire day with your crack team.
最后这张表是保险公♥司♥要求的
It’s all down to this, an insurance company requirement.
证明你知道本游戏的存在
It states you’re aware that The Game exists,
并且愿意参与这游戏
that you’re willing to participate in it.
费用保证由令弟自行斟酌 依照你的满意度给付
Payment is at your brother’s discretion, dependent on your satisfaction.
我若不满意,他就不用付钱罗
If I’m not happy, he doesn’t have to pay?
我们从不曾遇到非满意的顾客
We’ve never had an unsatisfied customer.
应该说是「不满意」的顾客吧
I think you mean “dissatisfied”.
对,你是个左脑发达的文字狂
That’s right. You’re a left-brain word fetishist.
请签姓名的缩写,用血
Initials. And sign there. In blood.
开玩笑的
Just kidding.
你的副本我会留在柜台
All right, your copy will be at the front desk in this folder.
笔你留着
And keep the pen.
我们再通知你
We’ll let you know.
– 星期一或二怎么样 – 不行,我没空
– Monday or Tuesday? – Both bad.
– 今天晚上呢? – 今晚我得工作整个晚上
– How about tonight? – I’m working all this evening.
目前只有星期三有可能
Wednesday’s the only possibility right now.
– 要不要一起吃饭 – 好啊
– You wanna do dinner? – Okay.
对了,我到 消服会 去了
By the way, I went to CRS.
真的?你觉得怎样
Really? What’d you think?
他们好像有点缺乏组织
Well, they seemed just a little bit disorganised.
我参加前,他们就成立很久了
When I did it in London, they’d been around a while.
– 你会参加这个游戏吗? – 我还没决定
– Are you gonna do this? – I haven’t decided yet.
这就像走进另一个迪士尼世界
It’s like getting in on the ground floor of the next Disneyland.
「消服会」不上市,它是家族企业
CRS won’t go public. They’re family owned.
更奇怪的事也有过
Stranger things have happened.
不,那些都不足为奇
No, they haven’t, actually.
– 他们是在这里开张的 – 旧金山的「游戏」?
– They opened here. – The Game in San Francisco?
看吧,没有我们他们照常生存
See? They’re doing fine without any of us.
– 尼可拉斯 你好 – 吉姆,晚安 晚安
– Nicholas, how are you? – James, good evening.
有新会员吗?
Got new members here?
– 想是的 – 下一轮酒我请客
– I believe so, sir. – Put their next round on me.
知道了,先生
Gotcha, sir.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!