Loneliness is a kind of poverty.
我不难过我眼睛疼
I’m not sad. My eyes hurt.
你的公♥寓♥出了点问题
There’s something wrong
”最后一连串灼热的排如鼻涕从鼻孔里涌出
with your apartment “Finally, a barrage of searing pain as snot pours from the nostrils
“喉咙痉挛收缩”
“and the throat spasms and constricts.”
不要呼吸
MR. B.: Don’t breathe.
我没穿衣服克莱门茨太太
I’m naked, Mrs. Krementz.
我看得出来
I can see that.
你为什么哭 -催泪瓦斯
Why are you crying? Tear gas.
也
Also,
我想我很难过
I suppose I’m sad.
请转身离开 我对自己的新肌肉感到害羞
Please turn away. I feel shy about my new muscles.
去告诉你父母你回来了 他们很担心
Go tell your parents you’re home. They’re worried.
我应该回到路障上
I’m expected back on the barricades.
我没看到任何路障
I didn’t see any barricades.
我们还在建造
Well, we’re still constructing them.
嗯哼
Uh-huh.
你在写什么
What are you writing?
宣言
A manifesto.
我告诉他们不要顺便邀请保罗
I told them not to invite Paul, by the way.
也许你很难过但在我看来你并不孤独
Maybe you’re sad, but you don’t seem lonely to me.
没错
Exactly!
我看见你在一个书柜顶上做笔记
I saw you at the protest on top of a bookcase taking notes.
我们之间有故事吗 为了堪萨斯人♥民♥
Is there a story in us? For the people of Kansas.
也许吧
Maybe.
那你应该研究一下我们的决心
Then you should study our resolutions.
或者无论如何你会校对吗 我父母认为你是个好作家
Or, anyway, will you proofread it? My parents think you’re a good writer.
给我就是
Give it to me.
有点潮湿
It’s a little damp.
身体上还是隐喻上
Physically or metaphorically?
两者都有根据海湾和前四句
Both. Based on the cover and the first four sentences.
不要批评我的宣言
Don’t criticize my manifesto.
哦你不想要评论
Oh, you don’t want remarks?
我不需要备注是吗
I don’t need remarks, do I?
我只是让你校对一下
I only asked you to proofread it ’cause I thought you’d be
因为我以为你会对它已经这么好印象深刻
even more impressed by how good it already is.
让我们从错别字开始
Let’s start with the typos.
如果学生失败了教师能成功吗
Can the faculty succeed if the students fail?
还有待观察
It remains to be seen.
保罗·杜瓦尔 -露辛达·克莱门茨
MR. B.: Ah. Paul Duval. Lucinda Krementz.
你好
How do you do?
你的胡子刮到我了
Your beard is scratching me.
意想不到的客人终于来了 看起来像地狱
Unexpected guest finally arrives. Looks like hell.
描述穿越城市的奥德赛
Describes odyssey across city.
停滞的火车停滞的公共汽车
Stalled trains, stalled buses,
破碎的窗户铺路石飞向四面八方
broken windows, paving stones flying in all directions.
不管怎样我们到了
Anyway, we’re here.
著名的露辛达你好
The famous Lucinda. Hello.
我不知道你要来 他们没有告诉我
I did not know you were coming. They did not tell me.
这不是正式会议
This is not an official meeting.
晚上好
Good evening.
没有我就开始
Start without me.
3月10日城市服务暂停一周并开始计数
March 10th. City services at a halt, one week and counting.
公共交通暂停
Public transportation, suspended.
成堆的垃圾没有收集 罢♥工♥的学校
Piles of garbage, uncollected. Schools on strike.
没有邮件没有牛奶
No mail, no milk.
又是我
It’s me again.
正常的现实会是怎样的
What will normal reality be?
下周下个月无论何时如果我们有机会再次体验它
Next week, next month, whenever, if ever, we get the chance to experience it again.
谁都说不准
Anyone’s guess.
这是什么部分
What’s this part?
我加了一个附录
I added an appendix.
你在开玩笑 -不我没有
You’re joking. No, I’m not.
你没等我就完成了我的宣言
You finished my manifesto without me.
我觉得我让它听起来像你
I made it sound like you, I think.
只是更清晰更简洁
Just more clear, more concise,
有点不太诗意
a bit less poetic.
这么说吧这不是我校对的第一份宣言
Put it this way, this isn’t the first manifesto I’ve proofread.
无法想象这些学生
Impossible to imagine these students,
振奋天真勇敢到了极点
exhilarated, naive, brave in the extreme…
回到他们顺从的教室
…returning to their obedient classrooms.
那是谁
Who was that?
你妈妈 -我妈妈
Your mother. My mother.
我妈妈
My mother?
她想要什么 你告诉她我在这里了吗
What did she want? Did you tell her I was here?
是的 -为什么
Yes. Why?
因为她问了我不撒谎
Because she asked. I don’t lie.
她不开心吗
Was she upset?
我不这么认为
I don’t think so.
她说什么了 -她点点头
What did she say? She nodded.
您说什么
What did you say?
我告诉她我正在写一篇关于你和你朋友的文章
I told her I was working on an article about you and your friends.
所以你是
So, you are.
我已经写了1000字了
I’ve already written 1,000 words.
我要求采访她
I asked to interview her.
她同意了吗 当然可以
Did she agree? Yes, of course.
嗯我很难过
Well, I am upset!
我不知道该作何感想
I don’t know how to feel.
我有麻烦了吗 为什么我妈妈会这么冷静
Am I in trouble? Why would my mother be so calm?
这样合适吗
Is this proper?
这都是不公开的一切 我的一生
This is all off-the-record. Everything. My whole life.
我现在该怎么办
What am I supposed to do now?
我应该保持新闻中立
I should maintain journalistic neutrality.
噢
Ooh.
我喜欢你的冷酷无情
I like how ruthless you are.
我认为这是你美丽的一部分
It’s part of your beauty, I think.
你已经有1000个单词了
So, you’ve got 1,000 words already, huh?
是孩子们干的
The kids did this.
在不到两周的时间里消灭了1000年的共和国权威
Obliterated 1,000 years of Republican authority in less than a fortnight.
如何以及为什么
How and why?
在它开始之前它从哪里开始
Before it began, where did it begin?
又是一次这是另一种无聊
It was another time. It was another Ennui.
我猜一定是近六个月前 不管怎样我的姐姐们还是12岁
Must be nearly six months ago, I guess. My sisters were still 12, anyway.
你跟着克拉兹和莱特乔德跳舞
You danced to the Craze and the Lait Chaud.
你的发型是在蓬皮杜面包圈或者水果店里
You wore your hairdo in the Pompidou, the Crouton, or the Fruits-de-Mer.
你的俚语夹杂了一些拉蒂
Your slang mixed bits of Latin
哲学jargo和手动信♥号♥♥
with philosophy jargon and manual signaling.
魔鬼的拥护者没完没了地争吵和辩论令人作呕
Devil’s advocates bickered and debated perpetually, ad nauseam,
只是为了争论
only for the sake of argument.
每个小集团都有对手
Every clique had a rival.
螺母有螺栓 棍子有石头
The Nuts had the Bolts. The Sticks had the Stones.
运动员们有我们书虫们
The Jocks had us, the Bookworms,
直到米奇-米奇高中毕业考试失败
until Mitch-Mitch failed the baccalaureate
被派往国家义务部门
and got sent down to National Duty-obligation.
在芥末区呆了三个月
Three months in the Mustard Region.
他被派往芥子区履行国家义务
He was sent to the Mustard Region for National Duty-obligation.
你说什么 你怎么敢谁允许你玷污我们的朋友
How dare you? Who gave you permission to besmirch our friend?
你有没有想过
Does it occur to you he’s very probably somewhere marching
他现在很可能半夜三更在某个地方游♥行♥
in the middle of the night right now,
拿着一袋50磅的火♥药♥剥着不新鲜的土豆
carrying a 50-pound sack of gunpowder and peeling stale potatoes
当他用锡杯在雨中挖厕所的时候
while he digs a latrine trench in the rain with a tin cup?
他不想参军
He doesn’t want to be in the military.
对你来说逃离桑斯·布劳格的舒适很容易
Easy for you to say from the comfort of the Sans Blague.
米奇米奇你在这里做什么
Mitch-Mitch, what are you doing here?
你应该在穆斯塔法地区再呆两个月
You’re supposed to be in the Mustard Region for another two months.
五年后我自己翻译了
Five years later, I, myself, translated
米奇-米奇·辛卡对他的国家义务服务的诗意诠释
Mitch-Mitch Simca’s poetic interpretation of his National Duty-obligation service.
《再见泽菲雷利》第二幕中的倒叙场景
The flashback scene in Act Two of Goodbye, Zeffirelli.
在北非我被子弹击中了尾巴
In North Africa, I caught a bullet in the tail.
在南美我抓到了一桶高爆♥炸♥药
In South America, I caught a chunk of
在左翼