She genuinely enjoyed the smell of turpentine
在后来的几年里我穿在她的马桶上
and in later years actually wore it in the application of her toilet.
她不仅仅是一个缪斯女神
She was more than a muse.
扔开关
Throw the switch.
扔开关你这个混♥蛋♥
Throw the switch, you cocksucker.
你怎么了回去工作
What’s wrong with you? Go back to work.
我不能
I can’t.
我不会的太难了
I won’t. It’s too hard.
这是折磨
It’s torture.
我真的是一个备受折磨的艺术家
I’m literally a tortured artist.
可怜的孩子
Poor baby.
滚出去
Get out.
这是你想要的吗
Is that what you want?
你有什么问题
What’s your problem?
我不知道画什么
I don’t know what to paint.
法国泼溅学校行动组织
The French Splatter-school Action-group.
一个充满活力才华横溢精力充沛不修边幅的酒鬼
A dynamic, talented, lusty, slovenly, alcoholic,
一群充满创造力的野蛮人
violent pack of creative savages.
他们鼓舞人心而且经常
They inspired and very often
20多年来互相攻击
personally attacked each other for two decades and more.
我现在要喝一杯
I’ll have my drink now.
记住在那些日子里你知道
Remember, in those days, as you know,
对于画家或雕塑家来说这更容易被社会接受
it was much more socially acceptable for a painter or a sculptor
用椅子甚至砖头砸另一个人
to hit another fellow with a chair or even a brick
或者带着黑色的牙套或者一颗坏掉的牙齿到处走等等
or walk around with a black eye or a broken tooth and so on.
事实上我正在向前跳跃但是以我自己的经验
Indeed, I’m jumping ahead, but in my own experience,
罗森塔尔可能会因为不可预测的冲动而辞职
Rosenthaler could be quite unpredictably impulsive.
意思是我指的是他工作室下面的颜料锁
Uh, meaning, I refer to the, uh, pigment locker
有一次在普卢比埃大街
beneath his studio in the Boulevard des Plombiers,
他抓住我把我放在那里
on one occasion, he grabbed me and put me in there,
不恰当的是他想操♥我♥ 他抓住我把我放在那里
and inappropriately, sort of, tried to fuck me on one occasion, he grabbed me and put me in there,
不恰当的是他想操♥我♥
and inappropriately, sort of, tried to fuck me
靠在颜料柜角落的墙上
against the wall in the corner of that pigment locker.
他疯了官方认证
He was crazy. Officially certified.
当然卡迪佐人代表了他们所有人
The Cadazios, of course, represented them all.
三年过去了
It’s three years later.
我们使你成为当今最著名的画家
We’ve made you the most famous painter alive
基于一张潦草的被高估的小图片
based on one small, scribbly, overrated picture.
你是艺术学校的课程
You’re an art school course.
你是百科全书的条目
You’re an encyclopedia entry.
就连你的弟♥子♥也浪费了许多财富
Even your disciples have won and squandered multiple fortunes,
然而你拒绝给你看素描或研究
yet you refuse to show us so much as a sketch or a study
在整个漫长的时间里一个新的piec
for a single new piece during this entire, protracted period.
我们应该等多久
How long are we meant to wait?
别回答因为我们没问
Well, don’t answer, because we’re not asking.
我们已经打印了请柬
We already printed the invitations.
我们进来了
We’re coming in.
我们所有人收藏家们批评家们
All of us. The collectors. The critics.
即使是你的二流模仿者我们也代表拍你马屁的人
Even your second-rate imitators we represent who suck up to you
偷偷给你带好东西结果可能比你更好
and smuggle you goodies and probably turn out to be better than you are.
受贿将会是令人发指的
The bribes alone are going to be outrageous,
这些警卫可以向你保证
as these guards can assure you.
但我们会付钱给他们
But we’re gonna pay ’em.
所以完成它不管它是什么
So, finish it, whatever it is.
演出两周后开始
The show is in two weeks.
顺便说一句她认为已经准备好了
She thinks it’s ready, by the way.
准备好了
It’s ready.
我可以再用一年
I could use another year.
我的雇主当时收到了耐人寻味的传票
My employer, at that time, received the intriguing summons
通过快速优先线路
by rapid-priority wire.
当然我指的是厄普舒尔“奶奶”克拉皮特
I refer, of course, to Upshur “Maw” Clampette.
精明的古董收藏家
Astute collector of antiquities.
前卫派的好朋友
Great friend to the avant-garde.
她的收藏即使在早期也是众所周知和重要的
Her collection, even in its infancy, was well-known and important,
她的住所英戈·斯汀的第一个美国委员会也是如此
as was her residence, Ingo Steen’s first American commission
非正式地称为门挡屋
informally known as the Doorstop House.
这是我的职责我可以说我的特权目录
It was my duty, and I may say, my privilege to catalogue,
存档和建议尽管她想做什么就做什么
archive, and advise, although she did whatever the hell she wanted,
不管你跟她说了什么
no matter what you told her, anyway.
就这样我们开始了从自♥由♥到恩尼的漫长旅程
Thus, we began the long journey from Liberty to Ennui.
我亲爱的克拉皮特夫人奶奶如果我可以的话
My dear Mrs. Clampette, Maw, if I may,
请和我们一起欣赏摩西·罗森塔尔先生的首次展览
please join us for the first display
极其激动人心的新作品
of Mr. Moses Rosenthaler’s extremely exciting new work,
我自己还没有被允许看到
which I, myself, have not yet been permitted to see.
为了便于及时查看
In order to facilitate the viewing in a timely fashion,
这对你来说可能是必要的
it may prove necessary for us
偷偷进入该设施
to surreptitiously gain access to the facility
艺术家目前居住的地方
where the artist currently resides.
请相信我的工作人员会组织所有细节
Please rely on my operatives to organize any and all details
为你的来访做准备
and preparations for your visit.
注意请勿携带火柴打火机或任何尖锐物品
Caution, do not bring matches, lighters, or sharp objects of any kind.
我们期待着您的确认
We await your confirmation with cheerful anticipation.
你最真诚的关心卡达奇奥·伯侄关系·盖里
Yours most truly, Cadazio Uncles and Nephew Galerie concern.
经过当晚的最后一轮比赛后囚车直接把我们接走了
The paddy wagon collected us
职业女孩和狂欢者
directly after the night’s final round of working girls and revelers
凌晨3点被送到醉酒的谭处
were delivered to the drunk tank at 00 a.m.
摩西你在吗
Moses, are you here?
嗯 嗯
Mmm-hmm.
有介绍的话吗
Any words of introduction?
或者欢迎你的好客人其中一些人
Or perhaps, a welcome to our wonderful guests, some of whom
我希望我不远万里来看你的作品
have traveled a great distance to come see your work, I hope?
或者或者只是我不知道
Or, alternatively, just, I don’t know.

Hello?
请安静
Quiet, please!
请安静
Quiet, please!
我做到了很好这是历史性的
I did it. It’s good! This is historic.
打开香槟我做到了
Open the champagne! I did it.
音乐
Music!
你为什么像个病人一样坐在轮椅上
Why are you sitting in a wheelchair like an invalid?
你应该在桌子上跳舞 这是一次胜利
You should be dancing on the tables! It’s a triumph!
你喜欢吗
Do you like it?
我喜欢吗
Do I like it?
是的
Yes.
看看奶奶她被迷住了
Look at Maw, she’s mesmerized.
这是一幅壁画不是吗
This here’s a fresco, t’weren’t it?
没错他是文艺复兴时期最高级别的大♥师♥
Precisely. He’s a Renaissance master of the highest order.
他开采的矿脉和皮佩尔诺·皮尔鲁伊格一样 当他发光时
He mines the same vein as Piperno Pierluigi when he illuminated
1565年上帝天堂祭坛前的基♥督♥
The Christ Before God’s Heavenly Altar in 1565.
奶奶没人对没人见过的东西有直觉
Maw, nobody has an eye for things nobody has ever seen
就像堪萨斯州自♥由♥女神奶奶·克莱佩蒂
like Maw Clampette of Liberty, Kansas.
我们应该为当着她的面庆祝而感到羞耻
We should be ashamed to even gather in her presence.
她为什么说壁画
Why the fuck did she say fresco?
它们是画在墙上的吗
Are they painted into the walls?
哦不他做了什么
Oh, no. What has he done?
你这个混♥蛋♥
You fucking asshole.
你看到了吗看看这个
Are you seeing this? Look at this!
嗯我认为这是完全美妙的 -这很关键
Well, I think it’s utterly wonderful. It’s crucial!
这可能是人类象形文字进化的一个转折点
It’s probably a turning point in the evolution of human pictography.
刮擦和抹灰到一个钢筋水泥骨料体育馆
Scratched and plastered into a reinforced cement aggregate gymnasium.
他甚至在暖气片上画画
He even painted onto the radiators!
也许其中一个是你在古典艺术基金会的修复人
Maybe one of them restoration fellers out at the Fondazione dell’Arte Classico
可以想办法把照片偷出来
could figure a way to rustle them pictures loose.
我们在最高戒备监狱奶奶
We’re in a maximum-security prison, Maw.
这是联邦财产
It’s federal property.
即使开始官僚主义的夜袭也需要数年时间
Even to begin the bureaucratic nightmare would require years
与一群高薪傲慢令人讨厌的拥护者谈判
of negotiation with a team of highly-paid, arrogant, obnoxious advocates.
我都不知道你是怎么把它们剥下来的 这是一幅壁画
I don’t even know how you’d peel them off. It’s a fresco.
嘿这是壁画
Hey! It’s a fresco!
那又怎样
So what?
你能开始摸那一大堆钱吗
Can you even begin to fathom the shit-ton of money
我和我的叔叔们已经挥霍到这种不归的地步了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!