Jimmy, great to see ya.
吉米 很高兴见到你
Rollie, how are ya. Oh, wonderful.
罗利 近来如何 不错
Rollie Smith, Ray Kroc.
罗利·史密斯 雷·克洛克
Real pleasure.
十分荣幸
Boy, I tell ya, you got one hell of a restaurant here.
老天 我不得不说 你的餐厅真心不错
Well, coming from you that’s quite a compliment.
这话出自你口 我真是受宠若惊
My reputation precedes me.
我名声远扬了
I’m a great admirer. Well umm… sit down.
我很崇拜你 那… 一块儿坐吧
I don’t want to interrupt. Have a seat.
我不想妨碍你们 请坐
Well, maybe just a minute.
那我就坐一会
This is Fred Turner my associate.
这是弗雷德·特纳 我的合伙人
Welcome.
欢迎
Steaks cooked okay? Excellent. Perfect.
牛排煎得还可以吗 棒极了 完美
Our intention is to ahh…
我们的目标是…
Expand pretty far beyond the Midwest.
扩展到中西部以外的众多地区
We’re not going to settle here. We’re not gonna…
我们不打算止步于此 我们不打算…
We’re going to expand far beyond the Midwest.
我们计划扩张到中西部以外的多数地区
You’ve clearly got a warm and loving home here in Minneapolis.
你显然在明尼阿波利斯已经站稳脚跟了
Yeah, so it seems.
是的 貌似是这样
Yeah, this town just can’t get enough of McDonald’s.
没错 这个镇子的人就是吃不够麦当劳
Here you go, sir.
给您 先生
Another Canadian club for my friend.
再给我朋友来一杯加拿大会所[威士忌]
Yes, sir. Coming right up.
好的 先生 马上来
Thank you.
谢谢
In fact, I’d say there’s sufficient enthusiasm
实际上 我看这里还有足够的市场
to support another.
开分店
A second location?
在另外一个地段
You know, come to think of it,
一想到这个
I know the perfect person to own and operate.
我认识一个加盟经营分店的完美人选
You don’t say?
真的吗
Somebody who knows what it takes to build a great restaurant.
一个知道如何建立起一家优秀餐厅的人选
Someone with more than 20 years experience
一个有二十多年涉足餐饮行业
in the food service industry.
经验的人选
Who?
是谁
Me. You!
我 你
Oh! That’s a shock.
还真是意料之外
He’s funny.
他真幽默
I’ve got the know-how, I’ve got the backers
我有专业知识 我有充足的资金
and I’ve got the perfect location.
我还知道一个完美的地段
Are you familiar with Hennepin Avenue?
你知道亨内平大道吗
That’s one of the busiest commercial arteries
那是整个双子城地区最为繁华的
in the whole twin-cities.
商业主干道之一
There’s a prime site that’s recently become available.
那有一个黄金位置的店铺最近正在招商
Full acre on the corner of Hennepin and…
亨内平大道转角的一英亩的店铺 而且…
Mr. Kroc? Yeah?
克洛克先生 什么
Would you like to meet her?
你想认识她吗
Yeah. Sure.
好 当然
So Ray, how long are you here with us for,
雷 你会在双子城
in the twincities. Huh?
待多久 什么
How long are you in town?
你会在这里待多久
I… not sure yet.
我… 还不确定
If you gentlemen could steal a second,
如果二位能够拨出些时间
I would love to personally give you a tour of this site on
我十分愿意亲自带二位到罗利说的那个
Hennepin that Rollie is talking about.
在亨内平大道上的店铺去看看
He knows how to pick ’em.
他很会选址
I mean this place has enough room for the restaurant,
我是说这个地方的面♥积♥足够开一家饭馆
the parking, possibly a playground for the little ones.
还有停车场 甚至是孩子们玩耍的游乐场
Ray Kroc meet Joan Smith.
雷·克洛克 认识下琼·史密斯
My wife.
我太太
Pleasure to meet you. Pleasure to meet you.
很荣幸认识你 很高兴见到你
Well, join us. Have a drink with us.
一块坐 跟我们喝一杯吧
I’d love that.
十分乐意
How are you guys? Good.
各位怎么样 不错
This is Fred Turner, he’s a…
这是弗雷德·特纳 他是…
We did Madison, Milwaukee,
我们在麦迪逊 密尔沃基
Kenosha, Grand Rapids.
基诺沙 大急流城开了店
Ahh, we’ve got the three in the Chicago area.
在芝加哥地区有三家
Oh, Jim’s here in Minneapolis.
吉姆负责明尼阿波利斯的店
St. Paul.
是圣保罗
Got one in Dayton, Ohio.
在俄亥俄州的达顿也有一家
That’s right.
没错
You must be positively dizzy, Mr. Kroc.
你绝对晕头转向了吧 克洛克先生
Please, call me Ray.
拜托 叫我雷
Ray…
雷…
That’s some growth.
增长得很快
Yeah. We’re doing good, right Fred?
是的 我们发展得不错 是吧 弗雷德
Yes, sir.
是的 先生
Yeah, we’re doing good.
对 我们做得很好
When did you start it?
你什么时候开始创业的
Hmm? Sorry?
你说什么
What year did you start McDonald’s?
你哪一年创立麦当劳的
The year?
哪年
I started it in 1954.
我是在1954年创立的
Remarkable.
成绩非凡啊
Yeah.
是的
Well, I should get back. Back?
我该回去了 回哪
To my piano. Oh, of course.
回去弹琴 当然
What’s your favorite song?
你最喜欢的歌♥是什么
All-time favorite.
多年的最爱
Pennies from heaven. Pennies from heaven.
《天堂的便士》 《天堂的便士》
Great gal. I know.
是个好女人 我知道
I sold pianos for a while.
我还卖♥♥过一段时间的钢琴
Sounds pretty good.
唱得不错
Sorry.
没忍♥住
Oh yes, yes.
是的 是的
Will you be expanding beyond this or is this…?
你们会在此之外继续扩张 还是这个…
Oh, no doubt. We’ll be everywhere.
毋庸置疑 我们会开遍各地
Very exciting.
太激动人心了
What is on the menu beyond hamburgers?
除了汉堡以外还供应什么
Well, we’ve got French fries, milkshakes and soft drinks.
我们还供应薯条 奶昔和软饮
Ray? Down here!
雷 在楼下
I think I’ve got some people for you.
我想我有合适的人选给你推荐
I met this young couple. Very committed.
我认识了一对年轻夫妇 很有担当
They’re from Glenview.
来自格伦维尤
High school sweethearts, married for five years and
高中恋情修成正果 结婚五年了
they’re looking for a business they can operate together.
他们正在寻找共同经营的生意机会
And they seem very excited.
他们对加盟也兴奋不已
Yeah, forget that. Everything’s changed.
别管他们了 今时不同往日了
You want a drink? No… changed, how?
你要喝一杯吗 不要… 怎么不同了
Forget the Chicago suburbs. Think bigger.
不要再想芝加哥郊区了 眼光放长远些
Bigger? I’m not chasing them anymore.
长远些 我不必再找他们加盟了
They’re chasing me now.
他们现在来求着我了
What is…? The trip! The trip I just took.
什么… 出差 这次的出差
The trip. How was it? Triumphant.
出差 怎么样 凯♥旋♥而归
They rolled out the red carpet.
他们铺出了红地毯
They’re kissing this ring.
他们亲吻这枚戒指
They’re begging me for McDonald’s now.
他们现在求着我要加盟麦当劳
Here, have a drink.
给 喝一杯
That’s nice. Yeah, sure is.
那真不错 是啊 绝对的
I’m sure.
我相信
Well, then all hail pope Raymond the first.
那么就 大声高呼雷蒙德主教第一
Damn right.
说得对
God damn right.
说得太对了
Ray? Yeah?
雷 怎么了
We have a small problem. Wait a minute.
我们有个小麻烦 等一下
How can we be almost out of capital?
我们怎么会资金不足呢
Well, your revenue, the monthly cut of the stores.
你的收入 也就是每个月店铺收益的提成
1.4% of net.
是净收入的1.4%
1.4? Yeah.
1.4吗 对
1.9 minus Dick and Mac’s half-percent.
1.9减去迪克和麦克的0.5

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!