The paper cup guy.
你是那个卖♥♥纸杯的
Yeah. That was a long time ago.
是 那是很久以前的事了
That was a long time ago.
很久之前了
What do you think?
你觉得怎么样
I don’t know.
说不好
There’s…
还有…
Look…
听着…
I’m gonna level with ya.
跟你说实话
I need this one.
我需要这笔钱
You think ahh…
你觉得…
Is there anything you can do to help me out?
你能帮上我什么忙吗
I’ll tell you what, let me refer you to one of my colleagues.
这样吧 我把你介绍给我同事
Somebody who may be better suited to meet your needs.
他也许更能满足你的需要
Thank you.
谢谢
Ray Kroc.
雷·克洛克
Address…
地址…
143 Juniper road,
杜松路143号♥
Arlington heights, Illinois.
伊利诺伊州 阿灵顿海茨
Home telephone number?
家庭电♥话♥号♥码
Ahh, use my office telephone number,
用我办公室的电♥话♥吧
that’s the best place to reach me.
更方便联♥系♥到我
Alright.
好
Of course we’ll need an appraisal on your home
当然了 在我们批下资金之前
before we can issue funds.
需要对你的房♥子进行估价
Be right.
一定要成
Just be right one time.
一次成功就好
One time.
就一次
June, did you schedule the stakeout with the engineer?
朱恩 你和工程师安排好视察了吗
All set. What about the fire department?
都办妥了 那消防部门呢
Did you get the approval for the driveway design?
拿到汽车道设计的许可了吗
Left a message with them yesterday.
昨天给他们留言了
Excavation permits?
挖掘许可证呢
I’m meeting with them today.
我今天跟他们见面
Alright.
好
Hey, what’s going on with San Bernardino, by the way?
对了 圣贝纳迪诺那边情况怎么样
I just spoke to Dick, he says they’re working on it.
我刚跟迪克通过电♥话♥ 他说他们正在处理
They’re working on it?
他们正在处理
That’s what he said.
他的原话
Ray Kroc on the line.
雷·克洛克来电
Hiya, Ray. Boy, you boys are killing me.
嗨 雷 天啊 你们真是急死我了
What’s the hold up?
为什么这么拖拉
I break ground in two weeks.
我两个礼拜前就破土了
These things take time.
这些事情需要时间
You’re proposing substantial alterations.
你的提议是彻头彻尾的改造
I’m adding a basement and a furnace, that’s all.
我就只是加了个地下室和火炉而已
We need our architect to thoroughly review it
我们需要建筑师详细审查
and make sure everything is safe and up to code.
确保一切都安全无误 符合标准
Fine. Has he seen it yet, has he taken a look at it?
好吧 那他看了吗 去看了吗
I’m not sure to be honest.
说实话 我不清楚
I’ve got bulldozers rolling up on the 23rd.
我的推土机二十三号♥要开工
I’m not the one who scheduled that, Ray.
这又不是我安排的 雷
I need you to take a breath. Take a breath?
你得缓缓了 缓缓
Do you realize what it’s going to cost me if I have to push?
你知道如果延期的话 我要付出多大代价吗
Hopefully, it won’t come to that.
希望不会到那一步
Every restaurant in the Midwest has a basement and a furnace.
中西部的所有餐馆都有地下室和火炉
This is standard stuff. I understand.
这是标准配备 我明白
But it’s our name on that building.
但是餐馆上写的是我们的名字
God forbid the floor caves in and people get hurt or worse
不能因为我们没发现设计纰漏 结果地板塌陷
because of some design flaw we missed.
使人受伤或者发生更糟糕的事
Let’s just slow down a minute and make sure it’s done right.
我们把进度放慢点 确保一切都没问题
So much for the speedee system, huh?
高速系统就到此为止了 是吧
Did he just hang up on you? Yes.
他刚挂你电♥话♥了吗 是的
Unless we got violently disconnected.
除非是突然断线了
Okay.
好吧
It’ll be fine.
没事的
Where’s the… Where’s the front of the apron?
操作台正面在哪里
Show me. Alright.
指给我看 好
Just make sure the windows are big enough so the customers
一定要把窗户做得足够大
can look into the restaurant. All the way to the kitchen.
这样顾客就可以看到餐厅 直接看见厨房♥
Doesn’t look right. Let me see this.
好像不太对 我看看
Ray. What?
雷 什么事
We got a letter from San Bernardino.
圣贝纳迪诺来了封信
Read it to me.
念给我听
Dear Ray. Thank you for your letter sharing your idea
亲爱的雷 谢谢你写信分享你的想法
to strike a deal with Coca-Cola to sponsor menu boards
你想和可口可乐达成协议 让他们来赞助
at the new Des Plaines location.
德斯普兰斯新分店的菜单板
An intriguing notion, indeed.
确实是个很有趣的想法
As you rightly point out, such an arrangement would provide
你说得对 这样的安排
a steady source of revenue to the store
会给店里带来稳定的收入源
at no additional labor cost.
并且没有额外的劳工费
However… However? However, what?
但是… 但是 但是什么
However, this is a concept that goes beyond our core beliefs.
但是 这个设想不在我们的核心理念内
McDonald’s was founded with the idea of families
麦当劳是以家庭为理念成立的
and not strict commerce.
而不是严格的商业经营
Sons of bitches, they don’t know what the hell…
混♥蛋♥ 他们什么都不懂…
And so on and so on…
等等 诸如此类
Here you go, gentlemen. Back to work.
拿着 先生们 接着工作吧
Let me explain. It’ll be small,
我解释一下 它会做得很小
along the bottom. Very discreet.
放在底部 非常隐秘
We’re just not comfortable with the notion of turning our menu
我们只是觉得把菜单变成广♥告♥这种想法
into an advertisement.
让人很不适
See it’s not an ad, it’s sponsorship.
这不是广♥告♥ 是赞助
It’s distasteful. It’s free money!
但让人讨厌 这是白赚的
There are plenty of things we could do to make a quick buck,
有很多事情都来钱很快
that doesn’t mean we should.
但并不意味着我们就该去做
Loads of restaurants do it!
很多餐馆都这么做
Well, we don’t. Why not?
我们不做 为什么不
Cause I have no interest in indulging
因为我不想让自己
in that sort of crass commercialism.
唯利是图 不可自拔
It’s not McDonald’s.
这不是麦当劳精神
I didn’t realize I was partnering with a beatnik.
没看出来我居然是在和披头族合作
I’ll have you know I’m a card-carrying republican.
告诉你 我是正式的共和党员
Yeah, well you coulda fooled me.
是是是 你也就骗骗我
He hung up again.
他又挂了
He’s just… he’s just a little excitable, that’s all.
他只是… 他只是有点激动而已
A hot head like that, you don’t know what he’s capable of.
这种性急的人 你不知道他有什么本事
It’s all bluster, Dick. His bark is worse than his bite.
只是吓唬人罢了 迪克 他嘴坏心不坏
That’s what Neville Chamberlain said.
内维尔·张伯伦也是这么说的
He’ll relax.
他会冷静下来的
Give him some time.
给他点时间
What are you doing? Come on.
你在干什么 拜托
There’s time to lean, there’s time to clean. Let’s go.
有空偷懒 就有空忙活 准备好
Put the hat on straight.
把帽子戴正
Four hundred degrees, right?
四百度 对吧
That’a boy, way to work.
这就对了 就这么做
Nice.
很好
Hey, hey, hey. There’s one pickle on there.
这里只有一片腌菜
Two pickles on all the buns. Two pickles on all of them.
每片面包上要有两片腌菜 每一片都是
Don’t… don’t… look, watch. Flip ’em like that.
别… 别… 看好了 这样翻
You already turned them over and press them one time.
你已经翻过一次了 也压过了
And that one’s too pink. Alright.
这块太生了 好吧
And you…
你…
Get… these…
把… 这些…
That’s pretty damn good.
做得不错啊
What’s your name? Fred Turner, sir.
你叫什么 弗雷德·特纳 先生
Nice work. Fred Turner.
做得好 弗雷德·特纳
Fred Turner.
弗雷德·特纳
I’m sorry.
抱歉
I know I’ve been neglecting you.
我知道最近忽视你了
What do you say tomorrow we go to supper at the club?
我们明晚去会所吃饭怎么样