I guess… I guess… let’s assume our battle stations.
我觉得… 我觉得… 继续模拟演习吧
Okay. Okay.
好的 开始
Finally, after about six hours of this,
终于 经过了六个小时的修改和演习
we get it just right.
我们大功告成
It’s a symphony of efficiency. Not a wasted motion.
这是一首关于效率的交响曲 并非浪费时间
Good form, Jasper.
做得正确 贾斯珀
You feel good about those pickles!
腌黄瓜的动作很准
Ketchup!
番茄酱
Use your lazy-Susan.
利用旋转台
Put your back into it, Seth!
再加把劲儿 赛斯
And pickle and pickle and mustard!
放腌黄瓜 腌黄瓜 加芥末酱
We take the layout to a builder,
我们把设计图纸拿给了装♥修♥队
custom build the kitchen to our exact specs.
完全按照我们的要求定制了厨房♥
Tada! The speedy system is born.
高速系统就这样诞生了
The world’s first-ever system to deliver food fast.
世界上第一条快餐生产线
It’s totally revolutionary.
这是一场革命性的突破
And a complete disaster. Why?
也完全是场灾难 为什么
Opening day, cars pull up onto the lot
开业当日 汽车都在停车位上等待
and they start honking immediately
因为没有服务员接待
because no carhop comes up.
他们都在按喇叭
You place your order!
请自己过来点菜
We try to explain to them the walk-up window.
我们试图解释下车点单的经营模式
And they are bewildered. No they’re furious.
他们一头雾水 不 他们大发雷霆
What do you mean I gotta get out of my car?
让我下车是什么意思
Most of them just cuss us out and drive off.
大部分人就这样骂骂咧咧地开走了
And the few that stay are mad as heck
少数留下的客人也是气急败坏
because they’re eating off paper
因为他们要吃包在纸里的东西
and they gotta discard their own trash.
还要亲自扔垃圾
Why? You’re doing great.
为什么 你做得没错
Yeah, we won’t be coming out to the car,
对 我们不会下车
but you can come on up.
但你们可以过来点单
Welcome to McDonald’s!
欢迎光临麦当劳
We may have underestimated the learning curve.
我们可能低估了学习曲线
So by five o’clock Dick is calculating how much it’s going
所以五点的时候 迪克已经开始计算
to cost to go back to drive-in.
回归传统汽车餐馆模式的成本了
But I am not ready to throw in the towel.
但是我不想认输
I go back to our old Hollywood days,
回忆起在好莱坞工作的日子
I think to myself, we gotta go big with this.
我对自己说 我们这次一定要做大
We gotta put on a show.
我们要举办演出
So I say, “Dick, I wanna throw a grand re-opening.
所以我说 “迪克 我要花重金重新开业
A gala premiere that would
举办一场让路易·B·梅耶
put Louis B. Mayer to shame.”
都自愧不如的豪华首映式”
So we rent a bunch of spotlights.
所以我们租了一些射灯
Same ones we used to haul around in the Columbia days.
和我们曾经在哥伦比亚片场用的那种一样
We get sparklers, a juggler for the kiddies.
我们准备了烟火 给小朋友变戏法的
It is an event, people show up in droves.
就是一场大型活动 大家成群结队
And then… The flies.
之后… 飞虫全来了
They must’ve been drawn by all the lights.
一定是被灯光吸引来的
Millions of them. It was like a scene outta Exodus.
成千上万 就像《埃及出记》的场景
The Pharaoh would’ve released the Israelites.
法老见了也会放了以色列人
Total disaster.
彻底失败
Now it is towel time.
是时候放弃了
The next day, dick and I meet up
第二天 迪克和我一起
to discuss going back to the old format.
讨论恢复传统经营模式
And as we’re talking there’s a knock at the service window.
讨论期间 有人敲柜台窗户
I tell him we’re closed.
我告诉他我们关门了
We’re closed. But he looks so cute.
我们关门了 但是他太可爱了
Hang on. Hang on. What would you like, son?
等下 等下 小朋友 你需要什么
Can I buy a bag of burgers from you?
我可以买♥♥包汉堡吗
Three? Yes, please.
三个吗 对 谢谢
And I feel bad, so I fire up the grill
我不好意思拒绝 重新开炉
and I make him a batch.
给他做汉堡
There you are.
给你
As he’s walking away from the service window a car pulls up.
当他离开的时候 一辆车停了下来
And then another.
然后又一辆
Dick?
迪克
And then another.
又一辆
Hello, welcome to McDonald’s. Hello there.
你好 欢迎光临麦当劳 你好
Pretty soon there’s a line around the block.
很快就在门口排起了长队
The word has spread. And it’s off to the races.
消息不胫而走 生意走上了正轨
And we are an overnight sensation
我们打拼了三十年
30 years in the making.
一夜之间引起了轰动
So that’s our story.
这就是我们的故事
Franchise!
开加盟店
Beg your pardon? Franchise!
你说什么 开加盟店
Franchise the damn thing!
开麦当劳的加盟店
It’s too damn good for just one location.
一家店太少了
There should be McDonald’s everywhere.
应该到处都是麦当劳
Coast to coast. Sea to shining sea.
越过海岸线 穿过大海
Mr. Kroc… You know I…
克洛克先生 我…
I got a confession I want to make to you boys.
我得向你们兄弟俩坦白
I’m not out here in California
我来加利福尼亚
for any kind of business meetings.
不是来参加商务会议的
I came out here for you.
我为你们而来
A few days ago, I got into St. Louis, Missouri.
几天前 我在密苏里的圣路易斯
And I was doing some business, and I broke out my map.
我当时在做生意 然后打开了地图
And I followed my finger on one single highway west.
手指向了一条向西的高速公路
Route 66.
六十六号♥公路
Mr. Kroc… And something told me.
克洛克先生 冥冥之中
Something told me to get into my car and drive that highway.
第六感告诉我应该开车上路
And you know where it led me? Right here.
知道我去了哪里吗 这里
Right smack damn here.
就是这里
Right to this unbelievable establishment.
就是这家让人难以置信的店铺
And when I saw these lines and your whole operation,
当我看到你们的工作流程 营运模式
and tasted your product, I knew what needed to happen.
品尝了产品后 我明白这就是我们必须要做的
Franchise. Franchise!
加盟 加盟
Franchise! Franchise! Franchise!
加盟 加盟 加盟
We already tried.
我们已经尝试了
Five. Three in Southern California. One in Sacramento.
五家 三家在南加州 一家在萨克拉门托
And one in Phoenix.
一家在菲尼克斯
And that’s all there will ever be.
就这么多 不再发展了
Why? Two words.
为什么 两个词
Quality control.
质量控制
It’s almost impossible to enforce standards from afar.
这么大的范围很难控制产品标准
Places were a mess, filthy kitchens,
那些地方一团糟 厨房♥脏乱差
inconsistent menus.
菜单不统一
Sacramento was selling burritos.
萨克拉门托的门店之前还卖♥♥墨西哥卷
To watch your precious creation be mismanaged like that.
看着自己珍贵的创造被如此糟蹋
Your name… Put Mac in the hospital.
还有你们的名字… 麦克被气到住院
Well…
那…
So you put somebody in charge to supervise them.
你可以派人监督他们
We did. So what happened?
找了 效果如何
He obviously didn’t do a great job.
不尽人意
So you hire somebody else, get somebody better.
那再招聘更优秀的人
Our energies are better spent making this place
我们的精力都很好地放在了
the best it can possibly be.
如何经营好这家店上
It’s better to have one great restaurant
成功经营一家好餐厅
than fifty mediocre ones. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
总比经营五十家普通餐厅强 没错
I still think if you hire the right guy…
但我还是认为 如果你们雇佣了对的人…
Ray, we’re not interested.
雷 我们不感兴趣
I think you boys are missing something here that is…
我觉得你们忽略了一些重点
I tell ya, you got something here.
我告诉你们 这些东西…
What is that?
这是什么
A concept.
概念图
What are those?
这些是什么
It’s a way to make the place stand out
当顾客开车路过时可以注意到的
when you’re driving by.
显眼设计
The “Golden arches”, I call them.
我称为”金色拱门”
The golden arches.
金色拱门
Who thought of that?
谁想出来的

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!