Well, that’s what I figured. I mean, what kind of drive-in
是啊 我也是那么想的 什么样的汽车餐馆
can make 30 milkshakes at a time.
会同时需要做三十杯奶昔啊
Better make it eight. What’s that, Al?
还是来八个吧 怎么了 阿尔
There’s a brand new box… Look, now isn’t the best time.
有个新盒子… 现在真的很忙
Yeah, I’m sorry. I understand. I’m still a little bit…
是啊 我很抱歉 我理解 我还有个小问…
You know where to send them? San Bernardino, California.
你知道送到哪吧 加利福尼亚州圣贝纳迪诺市
Yeah. Corner of 14th and E.
好的 十四街与E街拐角处
Hold on a minute. To anyone in particular?
稍等一下 有详细收♥货♥人吗
Just the store is fine. McDonald’s. Okay. Thanks a lot.
写店名就好了 麦当劳 好了吗 非常感谢
Yeah.
好的
Don’t worry, it moves fast.
别担心 排队很快的
Really?
真的吗
You guys have a great day.
祝你们有愉快的一天
Hi, welcome to McDonald’s. May I take your order?
你好 欢迎光临麦当劳 您要点什么
Yeah, give me a hamburger,
好的 给我来一个汉堡
French fries and a Coca-Cola.
一份薯条和一杯可口可乐
That’ll be .35 cents, please. Alright.
总共35美分 谢谢 好的
Fifteen cents is your change.
找您15美分零钱
Here you are.
给您
What’s this? Your food.
这是什么 您点的食物啊
No, no, no. I just ordered.
不不不 我才刚点
And now it’s here.
现在已经好了
You sure?
你确定吗
Alright.
好吧
Where are the umm…
那个…
You know, the silverware and plates and everything?
餐具和盘子之类的在哪里
You just eat it straight out of the wrapper,
从包装袋里面直接拿出来吃掉
then you throw it all out.
然后一起扔掉就好了
Alright.
好吧
Really?
真的吗
Okay.
好的
Where do I eat it?
我该在哪吃呢
In your car.
在您的车里啊
At the park.
公园啊
At home. Wherever you’d like.
回家啊 您想在哪吃都行
Okay. Okay. Okay, thanks.
好的 好的 好的 谢谢你
May we join you? Huh? Yeah. Sure.
我们可以和您一起吃吗 好 没问题
Thank you.
谢谢
Just throw it right there and I’ll sweep it up.
扔在这里就行 我来把它扫走
How is everything?
一切都满意吗
This might be the best hamburger I’ve ever had in my life.
这可能是我这辈子吃过的最好吃的汉堡了
Well, we aim to please.
让您满意就是我们的目标
Mac McDonald.
我是麦当劳里面的那个”麦”
Oh! Well, look at this… Ray Kroc.
这么回事啊 你看这个 我是雷·克洛克
The multi-mixer fella. You spoke with my brother, Dick.
卖♥♥多轴搅拌机的人 你和我弟弟迪克通过电♥话♥
I did yeah, yeah.
正是我
What are you doing way out here?
你在这外面做什么
I’m in Los Angeles, business meetings.
我之前正在洛杉矶谈生意
I thought I’m in the neighborhood,
我就想既然我都来这里了
I should just swing by and say hello.
何不如过来打个招呼呢
Well, I’m sure glad you did.
我很高兴你来了
This whole thing. This is some operation.
这一切 经营得真是棒极了
Care for a little tour?
想来参观参观吗
Of the…? Yeah.
参观… 对啊
Yeah, I would.
好啊 我很乐意
Well, then finish up, I’ll come back for you.
那等你吃完 我再来找你吧
Alrighty. Thanks.
好嘞 谢谢
May I take your order?
您要点什么
Two soft drinks and two fries.
两杯软饮料和两份薯条
Anything else for you, sir?
您还要其它的吗 先生
Speed, that’s the name of the game.
最重要的就是速度
The first stop for every McDonald’s hamburger
每一个麦当劳汉堡的第一站
is the grill. Manned by two cooks
是在烤架上 由两名厨师负责烤肉
whose sole job
他们唯一的工作
is to grill those all-beef beauties to perfection.
就是把那些鲜美的牛肉烤到完美
Meanwhile, as the patty cooks,
与此同时 肉饼被烘烤着
our dressers get the buns ready.
我们的备餐员会把小圆面包准备好
Watch out. Burger crossing.
看好了 交换汉堡
Burger crossing! Burger crossing!
交换汉堡 交换汉堡
Every McDonald’s burger has two pickles.
每一个麦当劳汉堡里都有两种腌菜
A pinch of onions and a precise shot of ketchup and mustard.
一小撮洋葱和精确的两点番茄酱和芥末酱
Now where’d you get those? We made them.
那些工具是哪来的 我们自己做的
Made them! Yeah, custom built.
做的 对 定制的
The whole kitchen is. Next is the finishing station
整个厨房♥都是 下一站是完成制♥作♥的平台
where we put the whole thing together.
在那里我们把一切都整合在一起
And…
然后
Voila, a fresh delicious burger
瞧 一个新鲜美味的汉堡
from grill to counter
从开始烤制到摆放上柜台
in 30 seconds.
只需三十秒
How the heck did you come up with this?
你究竟是怎么想出这些来的
Oh I didn’t. We did.
不是我想出来的 是我们一起
Dick McDonald, my brother.
迪克·麦当劳 我弟弟
Hi. I gotta tell you, this is the most…
嗨 我得告诉你 这真是最壮…
Well, it’s nice to meet you.
好吧 很高兴见到你
The fries. What about them?
薯条 薯条怎么了
They’re five percent too crisp.
它们脆了五个百分点
No, they’re perfect.
没有啊 很完美啊
I think we should drop to two minutes, fifty seconds.
我们应该把油炸时间减少至两分五十秒
Wasn’t that what we were at before?
我们之前不就是这么长时间吗
400, not 375.
那就把油温从375度变成400度
Higher temp, shorter cook.
更高的油温 更少的时间
I think they’re spot on. Excuse me, may I?
我觉得炸得恰到好处 可以打扰一下吗
None of my beeswax, but I’m with the big fella here.
虽然和我无关 但我同意大个子的观点
I loved them. Golden brown on the outside.
我爱死薯条了 外面色泽金黄
Fluffy white inside.
里面松软雪白
And they’re not too oily, salty, crunchy.
不太油不太咸也不会太脆
Who are you?
你谁啊
Oh, this is Ray Kroc.
他是雷·克洛克
The multi-mixer fella you spoke to.
和你通过话的那个卖♥♥多轴搅拌机的
When do you figure we can expect them?
你觉得我们什么时候能收到货
Umm, sent them blue-label air, so I’m…
我们是空邮过来的 所以我说…
Goodgood. Hey, wait, wait.
那就好 等一下 等一下
Wait.
等等
Wait a minute. I’m going to take you out to dinner.
等一下 我想请你吃晚餐
You’re really not my type.
可惜你真不是我的菜
You and your brother.
请你和你哥哥
What for?
为什么呢
This is the most remarkable restaurant I’ve seen in all my
在我这些年见过的食品服务行业中
years in the food service industry.
你们家是最了不起的
And I’ve seen it all.
我可是全都见识过的
I wanna hear your story.
我想听听你们的故事
Well, we were young and hungry.
我们当年还很年幼 饱受饥饿之苦
There wasn’t a job to be had in all of New Hampshire.
在整个新罕布♥什♥尔州都找不到工作
So we decided to pack our bags and head west.
所以我们决定收拾行囊去西部
To Hollywood. I wanted to be in the movie business.
去好莱坞 我想进入电影行业
And Dick, well, he wanted to be…
而迪克呢 他就是想要
Employed.
一份工作
So we landed jobs at Columbia Pictures driving trucks.
所以我们在哥伦比亚影业找到了开卡车的工作
And after a few years, we had enough saved
几年后 我们有了足够的积蓄
to buy our own little piece of showbiz.
去买♥♥一处属于我们自己的娱乐场所
A beautiful little movie theater in Glendora.
位于格伦多拉的一家美丽的小♥电♥影♥院
Which would have been swell. Except for the timing.
本应该是极成功的 但只可惜时机不对
It was September of ’29.
那是1929年的9月
One minute we’re screening the Gold Diggers of Broadway,
前一分钟我们还在放映着《百老汇掘金女郎》
and next it’s, “Brother can you spare a dime?”
下一分钟就开始唱”兄弟 能施舍我一角钱吗”
I couldn’t.
不能
Nobody in town was making any money,
镇上没人能赚到钱
except for one fella, Wylie Reid.
除了一个家伙 怀利·里德
Had a hot dog and root beer stand.
他有一家卖♥♥热狗和根汁汽水的小店
Hey, people still gotta eat, right?
无论怎样 人们还是要吃饭的吧