Mr. McDonald, Ray Kroc’s on the line.
麦当劳先生 雷·克洛克打来电♥话♥
Good to see you.
很高兴见到你
Hi, Ray. I want to renegotiate.
你好 雷 我想重新谈判
Renegotiate what?
重新谈判什么
My deal. My lousy deal.
我的条款 我的破条款
1.4 doesn’t even cover my monthly nut,
1.4连我每月的固定花销都不够
let alone drive expansion.
更不用说扩展业务了
Ray, those are the terms.
雷 那些是固定条款
It’s not good enough. It’s almost triple our cut.
不够好 那几乎是我们分得的三倍了
You should be getting more too then, shouldn’t you?
那你们也应该拿更多 对不对
We are not greedy men.
我们不贪心
Greed has nothing to do with it.
这和贪心无关
If I had more money to work with,
如果我有更多资♥金♥周♥转♥
I could be growing this thing at twice the pace.
店铺加盟的速度会是现在的两倍
We have no beef with the current rate of expansion.
我们对目前的扩张速度并无不满
I’ve got nothing, not one location in Pennsylvania.
我什么都没做成 在宾夕法尼亚都没有店
Nothing in New York. All in good time.
在纽约也没有 将来会有的
Nothing in Texas. I have no doubt it will come.
德州也是空白 我坚信那天会到来的
I’m out here breaking my neck for you guys.
我在外边为你们兄弟俩累死累活
And you’re doing a bang-up job.
你做得十分出色
Well, then I should be doing a heck of a lot better than just
那我就应该不仅仅保持个
breaking even. I don’t know what to say.
不赚不赔 我不知道说什么了
Say you’ll renegotiate. I can’t.
说你会重新谈判 我不能
Can’t or won’t?
不能还是不想
Upping your cut would be unfair to the franchisees.
提高你的分红对加盟商不公平
The franchisees are doing just fine!
加盟商们的情况好着呢
I’m the one that’s drowning here.
我是那个快撑不下去的
You freely and willingly agreed to the terms of your deal, Ray.
当初你是自♥由♥自愿签订协议的 雷
Nobody put a gun to your head.
没人拿枪逼着你
Four percent? No.
百分之四 不行
Three and a half percent? Ray…
百分之三点五 雷…
What? No!
行不行 不行
Goddamn it!
该死的
Dick.
迪克
Is he a pain in the rear? Yes.
他是一个麻烦鬼吗 是的
Does he have a few screws loose? You bet.
他有些不受控制吗 没错
But that doesn’t mean he’s going to do us any harm.
但这不代表他会做出损害我们的事情
How long are you going to keep this up, Mac?
你还要继续这样多久 麦克
Keep up what?
继续什么
The whole “Everything is fine” act.
那副假装天下太平的样子
There’s a wolf in the henhouse.
鸡圈里进了一条狼
We let him in!
我们放他进去的
I never should have listened.
我就不该听你的
We have a contract for just this sort of thing, Dick!
我们的合同就是为了防止这样的事情 迪克
I should have trusted my gut.
我应该相信我的直觉的
So it’s my fault, huh?
所以这是我的错吗
Just like the movie theater?
就像那个电影院一样
Well, I’m sorry I wanted you to have your dream.
真抱歉我想让你实现梦想
Ninety-four dollars.
九十四美元
It’s unbelievable what these suckers cost to run.
这些破东西的开销高得离谱
My pop used to own an ice cream parlor.
我老爸以前开了一家冰淇淋店
He went belly-up from the refrigeration costs.
他因制冷成本过高破产了
Really?
真的吗
A man called today.
今天有个人来电♥话♥了
Illinois First Federal.
伊利诺伊第一联邦银行
Did he say what he wanted?
他说什么事了吗
Why don’t you tell me?
不如你来告诉我
What did he want?
他有什么事
Ray…
雷
What?
怎么了
Did you mortgage our home?
你抵押了我们的房♥子
We could lose everything.
我们有可能会一无所有的
I specifically said the office is the best place to reach me!
我明确说过 有事请打我办公室电♥话♥
I tried there, Mr. Kroc. Numerous times.
克洛克先生 我们打过好多次
You have no right to call me at my home.
你们没有权利打我家里的电♥话♥
It is a blatant invasion of my privacy!
这是公然侵犯我的隐私
With all due respect, sir, when you’re three months behind on
恕我直言 先生 你已经有三个月不还贷款了
your payments you don’t get to pick and choose
你现在无权要求我们
where we contact you.
怎么联♥系♥你
Ray?
雷
Surprise inspection.
突击检查
What are you doing here?
你在这里干什么
I just came up to see how things are going?
我碰巧路过 就顺便过来看看
$12,400.
一万两千四百美元
That’s pretty good haul for month one.
一个月做到这些很不错了
Could be bigger.
能赚更多的
I hate to mix business with pleasure.
我不喜欢在娱乐时谈工作
I don’t.
我也是
But my expenses.
不过我的开销
What about them?
怎么了
Well, they’re a bit higher than anticipated.
要比预期的高一点
One thing in particular, that dang walk-in.
尤其有一点 那个该死的大储存间
That bill is a real whopper.
那笔钱就是骗人的把戏
It’s a problem, all that ice cream.
但那些冰淇淋存放是个问题
I don’t want to overstep my bounds here.
我可不希望这成为一个阻碍
But, we may have found a solution.
不过 我们可能找到解决方案了
Or Joan did, actually.
或者说 实际上是琼找到的
You don’t say?
不是吧
What if I told you there was a way all of your owner-operators
如果我告诉你我有办法让各位店主
can save literally hundreds of dollars a year
每年省下几百美金的电费
in electrical costs?
会怎么样
And reduce the time that it takes to make a milkshake,
同时也能使做奶昔的时间
by half.
减少一半
I’ll bite.
我猜不出
It’s a powdered milkshake.
是奶昔粉
Costs a fraction of ice cream
价格是冰激凌的零头
and there’s no refrigeration necessary.
而且也不需要冷藏
It contains powdered milk.
它包含了奶粉
Thickening agents and emulsifiers
增稠剂和乳化剂
simulate the texture of ice cream.
可以营造出冰激凌的口感
Tastes just like the real thing.
尝起来跟真的一样
It’s easy as pie to make.
像做馅饼一样简单
You put a packet into a glass of water and stir it.
在一杯水里放一包 然后搅拌
I know maybe a tad blasphemous,
我明白 这对你们做过乳制品的人来说
what with your dairy background and all.
算是有点亵渎神明
Personally, I think it’s a marvelous idea.
私心来说 我觉得这是个不错的主意
Chocolate or vanilla?
要巧克力味还是香草味
Vanilla.
香草味
Good things come to those who wait.
好物只留给愿意等待的人
What do you think?
你觉得如何
I think I’m drinking a delicious vanilla milkshake.
我应该正在喝一杯美味的香草奶昔
May I?
我能尝尝吗
I can’t resist.
美味无法抵抗
So what do you say?
你怎么看
We try it out at our place and then if it goes well…
先在我们店试营一下 如果效果好的话…
You roll it out nationally.
你就全国推广
I could. Yeah. Let me think about it.
可以 让我好好想想
You’re the boss.
你说了算
McDonald’s.
麦当劳
I just found a way to save you, me,
我找到了可以帮你我
and all the owner-operators literally hundreds of dollars
和所有的店主省下每年几百元电费的
a year in electrical costs.
方法
And what would that be? Two words, powdered milkshake.
是什么呢 三个字 奶昔粉
I’m telling you I came across
告诉你 我发现了
a remarkable product called inst-a-mix.
一个很了不起的产品 叫速溶粉
Like I said, it’s a powdered milkshake.
如我所说 这是种奶昔粉
It’s a fraction of the cost of ice cream
价格是冰激凌的零头
and requires no refrigeration.
而且也不需要冷藏
Ray…
雷…
I tell ya, I tried it myself, it tastes just like the real thing.
我亲自实验了 尝起来跟真的一样