您公开谴责这次爆♥炸♥袭击事件
you’ve publicly condemned the bombings.
您是前新芬党领导人
Yet, as a former leader of Sinn Fein
曾经也是IRA的一员
and a member of the IRA,
很多年前也参与过类似的袭击活动
you took part in similar events years ago.
那么 请问您当年参与的行动与最近在伦敦发生的这起恐袭
What’s the essential difference between those acts you were involved in then
本质上有什么不同
and what’s happened in London recently?
那时我们完全没有希望 只想着复仇
Hope. We had none, just years of vengeance.
我们要打破这个恶性循环
We needed to break the cycle,
我们要坚持通过政♥治♥途径解决…
so we committed to a political path which lead to…
我给你泡了杯茶
I’ve made you tea.
既然您说现在你们有了希望
So, if you say “hope,”
那为什么IRA组织的人
why are these IRA men, who come from your own ranks,
又走上了爆♥炸♥袭击的老路呢
returning to the bombings?
我敢肯定的说 IRA绝对不是幕后真凶
I can say with reasonable certainty that the IRA are not behind this.
他们严格遵守协议 信守诺言
They stand firmly behind the agreement and the promises…
你不能再这样
You can’t be like this anymore.
你要吃点东西
You should eat something.
我去给你煮碗面
I’m getting you some noodles.
所以你的意思是 此次袭击暴露出的是金融方面的问题
So, you’re saying possibly it’s a financial problem
与政♥治♥无关
rather than a political one.
有人在通过此次事件 转移注意力
People look for scapegoats, for a way out.
有些人乐于使用暴♥力♥手段
And for some, they are more than happy
破坏当前形势
to resort to violence, to upset the status quo.
您在这儿签个字 这些都得签字
Prepared for your signature. They absolutely must be signed now.
公众在社交媒体上最近反应如何
What’s the latest reaction on social media?
跟之前一样 惶恐 愤怒
Same as before. Fear and anger.
对谁感到愤怒
Anger directed at whom?
上至首相 下到每一个工作人员
From the Prime Minister on down.
美国有线电视新闻网和爱尔兰时报都想采访您
CNN and The Irish Times want interviews with you.
您今晚或者明早八点都有空接受采访
You can do tonight or tomorrow morning at 8:00.
明早电♥话♥访问吧 还有别的事吗
Tomorrow morning by phone. What else?
二号♥线有您的电♥话♥ 请您接听
You’ve a call waitin’ on Line Two.
呼叫人等了多久 – 等了三十分钟了
Waiting? – For 30 minutes now.
关先生 来自伦敦 态度非常坚决
A Mr. Quan from London, very insistent.
他想问什么 – 他女儿在爆♥炸♥袭击中身亡
What does he want? – His daughter was killed in the bombing.
我竭尽全力安抚他 但他坚持要跟您通话
I tried my best to console him, but he really just wants to speak to you.
他在电视上见过您 – 唉 贝丝
He saw ya on TV. – Oh, Christ, Beth.
这是您公职的义务 快接吧
Civic duty. Take it and be done.
我是莱姆·汉尼斯 请问有什么事
This is Liam Hennessy. How may I help you?
汉尼斯先生 告诉我谁杀害了我的女儿
Mr. Hennessy, tell me who killed my daughter?
您为何如此确定 我就一定知道谁杀害了您的女儿?
What on Earth makes you think I know who killed your daughter?
因为您是第一副部长
Because, you are the First Deputy Minister
而且是爱尔兰昆协党的顾问 是前IRA的成员
and advisor to Sinn Fein, and a former IRA member.
关先生 对您的遭遇我深表同情 我自己也有女儿
I am truly sad for your loss, Mr. Quan. I have a daughter myself.
我也谴责这些暴♥力♥行径 但对您的遭遇 我无能为力
And I condemn these acts of violence, but I can’t help you.
那请告诉我谁有可能知道恐袭分子的名字
Then please tell me someone
我要跟他们谈谈
who might know the names of the bombers, someone I can talk to.
我跟这些家伙没有联♥系♥ 很抱歉
I don’t have any connections to those sorts of people. I’m sorry.
我不信 汉尼斯先生
I don’t believe you, Mr. Hennessy.
您位高权重
You are very powerful man.
我为政♥府♥及民选官员服务
Well, I work for the government and our elected officials.
我不为恐怖组织服务
I do not work for terrorists.
政客和恐怖组织就像一条蛇的首尾两端
IRA politics and terrorism are different ends of the same snake.
不管你抓哪一端 都能把蛇抓到
Whichever end you grab, you still grab a snake.
这区别太大了
It makes a great deal of difference which end you grab,
因为其中一端会咬人
because one end will bite.
我重申一遍 关先生 我对您的遭遇深表遗憾
Again, I’m sorry for your loss, Mr. Quan.
再见
Good day.
你这是干什么
What are you doing?
你不能再这样继续下去了
You have to stop this.
这不是你的错
This wasn’t your fault.
我没有好好保护他们
I failed them.
这是什么
What’s this?
以后这个餐厅就是你的啦
The restaurant is now yours.
林 你是我最好的朋友
You’ve been a good friend to me, Lam.
别再跟我说这个
No more of this talk.
看着我
Look at me.
今天晚上我不回去 我去睡外面的沙发
I’m not going home. I’m staying the night. I will sleep on the couch.
星期一我会带你去能帮上你的人
And on Monday, I’m taking you to see someone.
但是你要答应我 别再提刚才那些话了
Someone to help you. But no more of this talk. OK?
关
Quan!
我给你打了一晚上电♥话♥ 你去哪了
I’ve been calling you all night. Where were you?
你要去干什么
What are you going to do?
你什么时候回来
When will you come back?
有房♥间吗
You have a room?
我们今天必须拿到这些重要文件
These are important documents that we must have today.
是啊 我只能再三问寄件人
Yes, I will keep trying the sender because,
很明显 我没有其他办法了
apparently there’s nothing else I can do, which I find strange
我觉得很奇怪 我没想过那边应对的如此不周
and certainly not the service I’ve come to expect.
是的 329174N
Yes, 329174-N for November.
请转告你上司 我一会儿打回来
You tell your supervisor I’ll be calling back.
再见
Good day.
您好 有什么需要帮助的吗
Yes? May I help you?
请问 汉尼斯先生在吗
Please, I would like to speak to Mr. Hennessy.
请问您是哪位 – 关玉明
And your name? – Ngoc Minh Quan.
您就是一直打电♥话♥过来的那位
You’re the one who’s been phoning.
是的 我打过很多次电♥话♥了
Yes. I phoned many times.
副部长很忙 恐怕无法来见您
I’m afraid the Deputy Minister is busy and won’t be able to see you.
我等着 – 不 您得离开这
I will wait. – No, you must leave.
最好乖乖听这位女士的 走人
Best do as the lady says.
他一直给莱姆打电♥话♥
He’s been phoning up at all hours asking for Liam.
他不会接受”不”这个答案的
He won’t take no for an answer.
一些杂货而已
Just groceries.
请您离开 否则我们就强行送你走了
Go now, before we make ya.
不 我就等着 – 那行
No. I’m wait. – Right.
就是从伦敦一直打电♥话♥来的那个人
It’s the man who’s been phoning you from London.
他身上带了一把刀 一把瑞士军刀
He’s got a knife on him. One of those Swiss Army types.
把刀拿走
Well, take it off him.
天哪 你们俩都在 他能搞出多大乱子
Jesus, how much damage can he do with you two around?
让他进来
Let him be.
我跟您说过了
As I explained before…
我对恐袭分子一无所知
…I don’t know who the bombers are.
我知道您很愤怒 但我也无能为力
I realize you’re angry, but there’s not much I can do.
您在这待着很危险
It’s also very dangerous for you to be here.
关于你的指控 贝尔法斯特人♥民♥会有意见
People in Belfast won’t take kindly to your accusations.
如果您不知道他们的身份
If you do not know who they are,
那请您尽力去查
I would like you to please find out.
我有30年没跟他们联♥系♥了
I haven’t been affiliated with the IRA for 30 years.
当年 我全力反对暴♥力♥活动
When I was, I fought hard against the violence.
后来 我为自己的行为负责 蹲了监狱
I went to prison for what I did and paid my debt.
现在 我致力于在政♥府♥和IRA之间调停
Now I serve the politics of both sides,
试图抚平伤痛 遏制分♥裂♥势力
trying to heal the wounds and bridge the divide.
我重申一遍 对您的遭遇我深表同情 但我真的无能为力
Again, my sincere condolences, but there’s nothing I can do.
如果您的妻女被炸死 您怎么办
What if your wife and daughter were killed by bomb?
我们竭尽所能 将犯罪分子绳之以法
I’d do everything in my power to get justice.
对 所以我来找您 汉尼斯先生
So, I’ve chosen you, Mr. Hennessy.
请您告诉我 是谁杀害了我的孩子
You will tell me who killed my child.
我再说一遍 我不知道
Again, I don’t know.
你会改变主意的
You will change your mind.
第一部长汉尼斯先生 感谢您接见我
Thank you for seeing me, First Minister Hennessy.
莱姆 我很抱歉 他突然出现
I’m sorry, Liam. He took me by surprise.
贝丝 你没事吧 没事就好
You’re OK, Beth. OK, you’re OK.
带她走 带她走
Take her, take her.
墨菲 让他们检查这栋楼 – 好的
Murphy, have the boys check the building. – Right.
我的天
Jesus.
督查先生 要喝杯威士忌么
Would you like a whiskey, Inspector?
不 谢谢
No, thank you.
我想我问你谁是凶手 也是白问吧
I suppose it would be a waste of time asking who might’ve done this.
我确实不知道
No one comes to mind.
看起来这次爆♥炸♥只是一个警告
Well, it appears to have been nothing more than a warning.