Robbery indeed! The very idea!
逮捕那个人
Arrest that man!
本庭感谢你为我们提供如此清晰的解释
The court thanks you for providing us with so clear an explanation…
你实施此次犯罪的方法,皮尔斯先生
of your manner in committing the crime, Mr. Pierce.
我很高兴能帮上忙,警方好像是糊涂了
I’m glad to be of help. The police seemed to be confused.
给我们省省你那些无聊的俏皮话吧,皮尔斯先生
Do spare us your impoverished witticisms, Mr. Pierce.
你在这里出庭就说明了他们的效率
Your presence in this court attests to their efficiency.
你知道,你是个不寻常的男人
You know, you are a very unusual man.
皮尔斯先生,我直接跟你说了
Mr. Pierce, I put it to you directly.
你从未在任何时候有过…某种不恰当的感觉
Did you never feel at any time some sense of impropriety,…
某种对不端行为的认识
some recognition of misconduct,…
某种对违法活动的领悟,某种道德上的疑虑…
some comprehension of unlawful behaviour, some moral misgivings…
在这些各式各样的犯罪行为当中?
in the performance of these various and sundry criminal acts?
我不理解这个问题
I don’t understand the question.
显然不理解
Evidently not.
先生,法律体系中有一个公认的事实…
Sir, it is a recognised truth of jurisprudence…
即法律是由人制定的
that laws are created by men…
而文明的人们,以超过两千年的传统…
and that civilised men, in a tradition of more than two millennia,…
为了全社会的共同利益,同意遵守这些法律
agree to abide by these laws for the common good of all society.
因为只有通过法律的规定…
For it is only by the rule of law…
任何文明社会才能把握其自身 超越野蛮的混乱肮脏
that any civilisation holds itself above the promiscuous squalor of barbarism.
现在,在动机问题上,我们问你
Now, on the matter of motive, we ask you:
你为什么构思、计划,并且实施了…
why did you conceive, plan and execute…
这桩卑鄙可耻的罪行?
this dastardly and scandalous crime?
我想要那笔钱
I wanted the money.
他会为此获刑20年
He’ll get 20 years for that.
你还等什么鬼?
What the hell are you waiting for?