The best of them are just over here. Let me show you.
我不知道他是否适合她,埃德加
I don’t know that he’s suitable for her, Edgar
– 哦,他看起来够好的了 – 他有好多可说的
– Oh, he seems nice enough. – He has far too much to say.
我们还有很多水仙花,它们刚刚发芽
We also have many daffodils. They’ve just come up.
看到美丽的东西生长给了我很多快乐,你同意吗?
It gives me such pleasure to see beautiful things spring forth. Don’t you agree?
对,我的确同意,不过请告诉我…
Yes, I do agree. But tell me…
嗯,他有他的魅力
He has his charm.
你不在意她嫁给谁,对吧?
You don’t care who she marries, do you?
她真的相貌平平吗?
Is she really plain?
是的
That she is.
– 而且你发现她单调乏味? – 难以忍♥受的乏味
– And you find her tedious? – Unbearably tedious.
– 她怎么弄头发? – 顶在头上
– How does she wear her hair? – On her head.
真的,我完全没注意
Really, I never noticed.
你在赶时间
You’re in a hurry.
我是个不屈不挠的求婚者
I am a relentless suitor.
再说,她还没告诉我我想知道的
Besides, she still hasn’t told me what I need to know.
你什么时候学会骑马的?
Where did you learn to ride?
淑女从不问绅士这种问题
A lady never asks gentleman such a question.
我是认真的
I’m serious.
法国
France.
在法国一座庄园里
On an estate in France.
不是在美国?
Not in America?
我从没去过美国
I’ve never been to America.
你是什么时候在法国的?
When were you in France?
离现在有一段时间了
It’s been some time now.
你有没有跟谁说过实话?
Do you ever tell anyone the truth?
实话?
The truth?
实话?
The truth?
没有
No.
我很担心他
I worry about him so.
他今早是最为紧张不安的
He was most fearfully nervous this morning.
真的吗?
Really?
父亲送黄金去克里米亚的时候总是紧张
Father’s always nervous when he sends the gold to Crimea.
那些日子里他变了一个人
He’s a different man on those days.
哦,他背负着沉重的责任
He bears a heavy responsibility.
他行为如此怪异
He acts so strangely!
你知道他彻底反对 在夜晚来临前饮用任何酒精饮品
You know that he’s entirely opposed to the consumption of any alcohol before nightfall.
– 非常明智 – 这个嘛…
– Very sensible. – Well…
我怀疑他打破了他自己的规定
I suspect he breaks his own regulation.
因为每次运送的早上 他都独自去酒窖
For each morning of the shipments he goes alone to the wine cellars.
没有仆人给他拿提灯,他坚持自己去
With no servants to hold the lanterns. He insists on going alone.
哦,也许他只是去检查酒窖的存货
Perhaps he’s just checking the contents of the wine cellar.
哦,真的不是,他依靠我的继母来储存和照料地窖
Oh no, indeed, he relies upon my stepmother to stock and care for the cellar.
– 每个男人都有自己的怪癖 – 我想是吧
– Every man has his eccentricities. – I suppose.
你的怪癖是什么,亲爱的爱德华?
What are your eccentricities, dear Edward?
我的?我完全没有
Mine? I have none at all.
哦,有一个
Well, one.
我过分地沉迷于某个可爱的年轻女士
I am excessively preoccupied with a certain lovely young lady.
先生
Sir!
你这个鲁莽的无赖,这么直接
You’re a bold rogue to be so forward.
我甚至可能会怀疑你的求爱有什么动机
I might even begin to suspect you of some motive in your advances.
永远不要,我亲爱的
Never, my darling.
哦,亲爱的爱德华
Oh, dear Edward.
我真高兴
I’m so happy.
我也很高兴
And I am happy too.
他把钥匙保存在该死的酒窖里
He keeps the key in the bloody wine cellar.
晚上好,夫人,我能为您效劳吗?
Good evening, madam. May I be of service?
这里是杰佛斯先生的家吗?
Is this the household of Mr. Jeffers?
不,夫人,杰佛斯先生的房♥子…
No, madam. Mr. Jeffers’ house…
谢谢,我的好人
Thank you, my good man.
– 嘘 – 只不过是风
– Shh! – It’s only the wind.
你认为它会在哪里?
Where do you think it could be?
收声
Shut up!
抱歉
Sorry.
约翰,你去查一下酒窖,好吗?
John, would you check the cellar, please?
是,夫人
Yes, madam.
约翰?
John?
– 约翰?约翰在哪里? – 我在下面,先生
– John? Where’s John? – I’m down here, sir.
你在下面地窖里干什么?
What are you doing down there in cellar?
夫人觉得她听见一个声音…
Madam felt she heard a noise…
夫人总是觉得她听到了一个声音
Madam always feels she’s heard a noise.
快上来,我要你帮我找我最好的烟斗
Come along now. I need you to find my best pipe.
– 又放错地方了 – 一定,主人
– It’s misplaced again. – Certainly, sir.
好险
That was a close one.
对我的心脏可不好,我敢说
Didn’t do my heart any good, I’ll say that.
拿好灯
Mind the light!
这里
Here.
那不是那该死的钥匙,看见铁锈了吗?
That’s not the bloody key. See the rust?
好多年没人碰过了
Nobody’s touched that betty in years.
不过挺奇怪,我从未见过像那样的,这么小
It’s odd, though. I’ve never seen the likes of that before, small as it is.
非常精致
Very delicate.
可能是一把女士钥匙,为女人的琐事所用,如果你问我的话
It could be a lady’s twirl for some feminine trifle, if you aske me.
小心灯
Watch the light!
你碰上麻烦也不是我的错,对不对?
It’s not my fault you’re having trouble, is it?
我靠,这可是你的主意,不是吗?
Bloody head it’s your bloody idea, isn’t it?
– 有了 – 那是一把丘柏保险柜钥匙
– Here. – That’s a key for a Chubb safe.
我们看看你多快能蜡印模
Let’s see how fast you can wax.
小心灯
Mind the light.
杂种
Bastard.
漂亮,是不是?
Beautiful, isn’t it?
高超
Brilliant.
这个条款是什么意思?
What does this clause mean?
别管个条款,那边那个怎么样?
Never mind that clause. What about that one over there?
穿粉色的?
In pink?
不会介意穿那一身存钱的,我敢说
Wouldn’t mind making a deposit in that one, I dare say.
如果她没有引起一场匆忙提款的话
If she didn’t provoke a hasty withdrawal.
不是我的账户,我想
Not on my account, I fancy.
再说,她是约翰·巴辛顿爵士的情妇,惯于匆忙提款
Besides, she is Sir John Basington’s minx and quite accustomed to hasty withdrawals!
完全没有原则,你不觉得吗?
Quite without principle, don’t you think?
但是这个啊…我的天
But here now… I say!
先生,请原谅
Monsieur, avez… Excuse-moi.
请问你们有我的存款簿吗?
Have you got my deposit account?
那就是我所说的得体的女人
That’s what I call a proper woman.
也就是说,完全不得体
Which is to say, not proper at all!
她让你钱花得值,不管时间长短
She gives good value, long term or short.
呃?
Eh?
– 你认识她? – 嗯
– You know her? – Mm.
你一直把她藏在哪里,爱德华,你这流氓
Where have you been keeping her, Edward, you rogue?
她是个尤物
She’s a vision.
以外国女人来说,一点都不坏
Not at all bad for a foreign woman.
我认为她不是你的类型
I don’t think she’s your type.
不是我的类型?她恰恰是我的类型
Not my type? She’s precisely my type.
– 你要不要做个介绍… – 福勒?
– Will you make an introduction? – Fowler.
特伦特
Trent.
你要不要做个介绍?
Will you make an introduction?
当然不是在这里,你今晚做什么?
Not here, of course. What are you doing tonight?
哦,我已经安排好去戏院…
Well, I had arranged to go to the theatre…
好了好了,我的亲伙计,我们不是朋友吗?
Come, come, my dear fellow. Are we not friends?
不止如此,亨利
More than that, Henry.
远远不止
Much more.
– 计划就是这样,对吗? – 对,计划就是这样
– That’s the plan, is it? – Yes, that’s the plan.
你要说的就是这些?
That’s all you have to say?
就是这个工作,不是吗?
It’s the job, innit?
我想你是期望我愿意钓上那个肥腻、令人厌恶的…
I suppose you expect me to dab it up with that fat, repulsive…
我猜你是期望我能一直忍♥受
I suppose you expect me to go through with it!
全在于你,不是吗?
It’s up to you, innit?
真该死
Bloody hell!
我们可以走了吗,亲?
Shall we go, darling?
太好了 太好了
Very nice. Very nice.
她在这里,是不是?
She’s here, is she?
是的,她在这里

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!