巴克利山?烂活计
Berkeley Hills? Shit job.
烂活计?
A shit job?
他们可是扫走了2千基尼
Well, they’re clean with 2,000 guineas gone.

No.
我想的是更大的事
I’m thinking of something bigger.
– 蜡印模,即时处理? – 嗯哼
– This wax. On the fly? – Mm-hm.
那我正是你要找的人
Then I’m your man.
– 我会是你见过最快的撬锁人 – 我听说是
– I’m the bloody fastest screwsman you’ll ever see. – So I heard.
那么情形如何?
What’s it to be, then?
首先我们得踩点一位方正绅士
First we have to case a square-rigged gent.
晚安
Good night.
埃德加·特伦特先生
Mr. Edgar Trent,…
哈德斯顿&布拉福德伦敦银行杰出的董事长
the distinguish president of the Huddleston and Bradford Bank,…
遵循一个固定不变的惯例
follows an inflexible routine,…
每天结束后晚7点准时离开银行
departing the bank at the end of each day promptly at 7 pm.
(贝尔格雷夫广场)
特伦特先生居住在贝尔格雷夫广场七号♥
Mr. Trent resides at number seven Belgrave Square.
这是一座有23个房♥间的豪♥宅♥,不包括仆人宿舍。
It’s a mansion of 23 rooms, not including servants’ quarters.
他的第二任妻子,艾米丽,比他小 30 岁……
His second wife, Emily, is 30 years his junior…
在她未婚继女的帮助下,她治家极为严格
and with the help of her unmarried stepdaughter she runs the household very strictly.
全算在一起有十个仆人受雇
All together there are ten servants employed.
一个马车夫,一个花匠,一个门房♥,一个管家…
A coachman, a gardener, a doorman, a butler
…一个厨子,还有两个楼上女仆
a cook and two upstairs maids.
所有仆人都很知足,不可能贿赂
All the servants are content and can’t be bribed.
– 狗呢? – 两只
– Dogs? – Two.
梗犬,一天溜两次
Terriers. Walks ’em twice a day.
早上七点,还有晚上八点十五
Seven in the morning and 8.15 at night.
– 孩子? – 五个
– Children? – Five.
三个住在家里,最小的是四岁男孩,他会梦游所以有人陪伴
Three live at home. The youngest is a boy of four who has atendant for he has sleepwalks.
这会创造一场骚乱
Which creates a commotion.
闯入一座23房♥间的房♥子没有意义,除非我们找出钥匙所在
No point in cracking a 23-room house until we find out where the key is.
知道钥匙在哪里的人是特伦特先生
The person who knows where that key is is Mr. Trent.
真的?
Really?
他一定有弱点
He must have a weakness.
赌博,喝酒…女人?
Gambling, drink… Women?
喂,你好
Well, hello!
不不不
No, no, no.

No!
没有哪个可敬的绅士会有那么可敬
No respectable gentleman is that respectable.
– 他是个捕鼠绅士 – 的确是
– He’s a ratting gent. – Indeed he is.
谢谢,先生们,务必小心身后,先生
Thank you, gentlemen, please! Mind your back there, sir!
谢谢,请原谅,先生
Thank you! Excuse me, sir!
要就要最好的,先生们
Nothing but the finest, gentlemen.
每一只都是乡下土生土长,一条水沟都没有
Every one country-born and bred, not a water ditch among ’em.
谁想试一只老鼠?
Who wants to try a rat?
来啊,各位,谁想试一只老鼠?
Come on, gents. Who wants to try a rat?
来15只你最好的老鼠给我的好狗
15 of your best for my fancy.
给T先生的能手称重,一位玩得起的绅士
Weigh the fancy of Mr. T. A very sporting gentleman.
让T先生的好狗过去,先生们,来了
Let Mr. T’s fancy dog through, gentlemen. There you are.
14磅
14 pounds.
T先生的好狗14磅重
14 pounds is Mr. T’s fancy dog.
而且他刚才叫一次15只老鼠
And he’s called for a try at 15 rats.
– 来三分钟好不好,T先生? – 好
– Shall it be three minutes, Mr. T? – Yes.
那就三分钟,先生们,你们觉得合适就可以下注
Three minutes it is, gentlemen. You may wager as you feel fit.
给他15只,汤姆
Get him his 15, Tom.
有赢的,有输的
You win some, you lose some.
你准备好了吗?
Are you ready?
好了!
Ready!
预备…上
And… go!
时间到,各位,三分钟!把狗带出去
Time, gentlemen. Three minutes! Get the dog out.
让它们停下,把狗带出去,谢谢,先生们
Stop them. Get the dog out. Thank you, gentlemen.
赶快,你们赢了的,你们输了的
Come on, you win of you, you lose of you.
付清你们的赌债,先生们,谁是下一个?
Pay your debts, gentlemen. Who’s next?
快来啊,随便谁,觉得自己的好狗可以的?
Come on! Any man fancy his fancy?
来个玩得起的小伙,你赢上一两个,你输上一两个
A sporting chap. You win one or two, you lose one or two.
谁下一个试试钱能买♥♥到的最佳乡下土生老鼠?
Who’s going to be next to try the finest country-bred rats that money can buy?
我能坐你旁边吗?
May I join you?
你愿意就坐
If you like.
“情人”今晚不在最佳状态,他缺乏跑动
Lover wasn’t at his best this evening. He lacked bustle.
但他表现够好了
But he came up well enough.
– 我的“情人”会再战的 – 的确
– My Lover will fight again. – Indeed.
等他再战的时候我要再在他身上下注
And I shall wager upon him again when he does.
– 你输得多吗? – 哦,十个基尼,一点点
– Did you lose much? – Ten guineas. A trifle.
十个基尼
Ten guineas!
哇,我很高兴你这么轻描淡写地接受了
Well, I’m pleased you take it so lightly.
我钦佩可以养好狗并训练他的人
I admire a man who may keep a fancy and sport him.
如果我不是经常出国出差,我自己也应该这样做
I should do so myself were I not so often abroad on business.
每当我离开时,我的妻子都会照顾动物
Whenever I’m gone, my wife looks after the animals.
我怕我这几年太专注于商业了
I fear I’ve been too devoted to business these past few years.
我从未结过婚
I’ve never married.
当然,我应该乐意结婚的
Of course, I should like to.
当然
Of course.
遇到合适的姑娘太难了
It’s so hard to meet a suitable girl.
你们在建造什么?
What exactly are you constructing?
我们建造一架水车,会非常赏心悦目的
We found a water wheel. It will be so delightful.
尤其是等到了水车本身锈迹斑斑的时候
Especially when there will be the rusted curve of the water wheel itself.
你同意吗?
Don’t you agree?
我们正在以相当大的花费建造生锈的轮子
We are building the rusted wheel at considerable expense.
它是由以前生锈的金属制成的
It is constructed of previously rusted metal.
工匠们最有创意了
The craftsmen are most ingenious.
但当然我们必须等待杂草在周围生长
But of course we must wait for the weeds to grow up around the sides
它才能呈现正确的外貌
before it takes on the proper appearance.
哦,我肯定那将是一幅美观的废墟景象
Oh, I’m sure it’ll be a handsome ruin.
伊丽莎白在哪里?
Where is Elizabeth?
我已经在这里愉快地度过了很多个小时
I have passed many pleasant hours here…
看着工人把每个零件放进精确的槽里
watching the workmen fit each piece into its precise slot.
如此精巧
Such skill.
他们把它拧在一起的,对吗?
They screw it together, do they?
不,其实是栓起来的,用长螺栓
No, bolt it, actually, with long bolts.
紧紧贴合
Fitted tightly.
对,长螺栓,紧紧贴合
Yes. Long bolts, fitted tightly.
我刚从美国回来
I’ve just returned from America
那个国家有很多高耸的突出建筑
a country of many prominent erections.
看见东西配合在一起的确让人兴奋
It is exciting to see things come together.
只要质量不受影响
So long as the quality does not suffer.
接头要紧密,这就是秘诀
Tight-fitting joints. That’s the secret.
如今可太少见了
It is so rare these days.
当然,取决于工人的技巧
It depends on the skill of the workman, of course.
而且他一定要有合适的工具
And he must have the proper tools.
啊,我亲爱的女儿
Ah, my darling daughter!
现在,允许我引见爱德华·皮尔斯先生
Now may I present Mr. Edward Pierce?
我的女儿,伊丽莎白
My daughter Elizabeth.
特伦特小姐,你让我大吃一惊
Miss Trent, you’ve taken me completely by surprise.
我说不好这话是不是恭维我
I cannot tell if that’s to my advantage or not.
哦,我跟你保证,全是对你的恭维
I can assure you it is, wholly, your advantage.
– 你要不要尝一块这个,皮尔斯先生? – 感激不尽
– Would you try one of these, Mr. Pierce? – With gratitude.

Er…
我们刚才在谈那个废墟景观,伊丽莎白
We are just discussing the ruins, Elizabeth.
– 它进展得很顺利 – 那可怕的废墟,我忍♥受不了
– It’s coming along so nicely. – That dreadful ruin. I can’t bear it.
他们已经移走了好多可爱的花
They’ve taken away so many lovely flowers.
你喜好花?
You’re fond of flowers?
– 再来些茶,皮尔斯先生? – 啊,好
– More tea, Mr. Pierce? – Ah, yes.
是的,我监督了花♥园♥里所有的花的种植
Yes, I supervise the planting of all the flowers in the garden.
剩下的那些
What there is left of it.
我特别喜好报春花
I’m especially fond of the primroses.
啊,对
Ah, yes!
也许你会喜欢看看它们
Perhaps you’d like to see them?
我很高兴
I’d be delighted!
请恕我们失陪
Will you excuse us?
相当少见一个男人对花有兴趣
It’s quite rare for a man to take an interest in flowers.
最好的那些在这边,我来给你看

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!