– And the lease would be under… – Greenwood Secretarial Services.
– 阁下是… – 多丽丝·格林伍德…我喜欢你的套装
– And you are… – Doris Greenwood. I like your suit.
– 谢谢你 – 明天会有个影印机送来
– Well, thank you. – A copier’s being delivered tomorrow.
– 我会确保办公室开着 – 好的
– I’ll make sure the office is open. – All right.
“我会行使确实而尊荣的途径”
“l will employ such means only as are consistent with truth and honour.”
“我会行使确实而尊荣的途径”
“l will employ such means only as are consistent with truth and honour.”
“我会保障我当事人的私隐权”
“l will preserve inviolate the secrets of my client.”
“我会保障我当事人的私隐权”
“l will preserve inviolate the secrets of my client. ”
“我会以坦诚的态度执行我的专业”
“l will honestly conduct myself in the practice of my profession”…
“达致我最好的技术和能力,求主保佑”
“to the best of my skill and ability, so help me God.”
“我会保障我当事人的私隐”
“l will preserve inviolate the secrets of my client.”
我要做的第一件事就是侵犯我当事人的私隐权
First thing I’m gonna do is violate the secrets of my clients.
你看还有别的方法吗?
Do you see any other way?
好的,那么我们尽了力没有?
OK, then. Aren’t we doing the best we can?
没有
No.
什么意思?
What do you mean?
我不可以
I can’t.
什么?
What?
好吧
OK.
那个晚上… 你打电♥话♥到开曼的那一晚
That night… That night in the Caymans when you telephoned…
你去了沙滩
You were on the beach.
什么?
What?
你做了什么?
What did you do?
不会的…
No.
你没有吧
You didn’t.
– 她是谁? – 我不知道
– Who was she? – I don’t know.
– 你不知道? – 我根本不知道她的名字
– You don’t know? – I don’t even know her name.
– 我不是有意的 – 才不是,它是件大事
– It didn’t mean anything. – Like hell, it didn’t. It means a lot.
你做了什么?
What did you do?
干嘛你离开我一晚 就跟陌生人在沙滩上做♥爱♥?
Why did you fuck some stranger on a beach one night away from me?
– 是谁做的? – 艾比,我答应你…
– Who does that? – Abby, I promise you–
什么?
What?
你什么都不能答应了,以后都不可以
You can’t promise anything. Not ever. Not anymore.
为何你要告诉我
Why did you tell me?
因为我不能忍♥受不说出来
Because I couldn’t stand not to.
我不能忍♥受你不知道
I couldn’t stand your not knowing.
现在我知道了
Now I know.
– 把钥匙给我 – 对不起,我…
– Give me the keys. – Sorry, I . . .
把钥匙给我
Just give me the keys.
– 不是只有两个吉姆兄弟吗? – 埃弗里,坐下
– Aren’t there just two Brothers Grimm? – Sit down, Avery.
安东尼和乔伊下周会来
Anthony and Joey are coming down next week.
– 干嘛? – 你的门生有一个哥哥
– What for? – Your protege’s got a brother.
– 那又如何? – 他在面试时没有提过
– So… – No mention of him at his interview.
– 我有个哥哥可能也不会提及 – 他的哥哥在狱中
– I got a brother I might not speak of… – His brother’s doing time.
– 你怎么知道? – 你以为我是什么?
– How do you know that? – What do you think I am?
– 一个他妈的看更吗? – 有时我混淆了
– A fuckin’ night watchman? – I get confused sometimes.
– 不要! – 好了,埃弗里
– Well, don’t. All right, Avery.
我们在阿肯色州有一个狱警,他是帮会里的人
We got a prison guard in Arkansas. He’s on the arm.
他告诉我们有一个叫雷·麦克迪尔的人,犯了杀人罪,正在服刑
He tells us about a Ray McDeere doing time for manslaughter.
自从科津斯基和霍奇斯之后,莫鲁图家族一直都很紧张
The Moroltos have been edgy since Kozinski and Hodges.
他们担心我们看错了麦克迪尔
They’re concerned that we’re misreading McDeere.
莫鲁图家族要来亲自接手?
The Moroltos are coming to personally take over?
– 我们是否看错了他? – 我认为没有
– Are we misreading him? – I don’t think so.
如果你有个家人是罪犯,你可会说谎?
Wouldn’t you lie if you had a felon in the family?
我还是觉得我们应该把他扯紧一点
I still think we should keep him on a tight leash.
为什么?你又没有惹人怀疑的事
Why? You’ve got nothing to be suspicious about.
我没有惹人怀疑的事时,我的职责是怀疑别人
I get paid to be suspicious when I got nothing to be suspicious about.
– 麦克迪尔先生,你没有听着 – 抱歉,你在说钟数吗?
– You’re not listening, Mr. McDeere. – Sorry. You were talking about hours?
我明白我不是你们的大客
I know I’m not Bendini Lambert’s most valuable client
但我有一个合理的投诉
but I’ve got a legitimate complaint.
你们在上个月并没有为我的户口花上三十三个小时
You never spent 33 hours last month on my account.
– 你被追讨那个数目? – 你没有看你们的帐单吗?
– Is that what you were billed? – You don’t see your own bills?
– 我只是提交我的时间记录 – 它在哪里?
– No, I just submit my timesheet. – Where is it?
在公♥司♥经理的档案里
On file with the office manager.
滥收费用变得很普遍,没有人会理会
You know,this overbilling’s gotten so common nobody gives it another thought.
– 就好像给小费 – 马尔霍兰先生,这不是公♥司♥的政策
– It’s kind of like tipping. – It’s not policy, Mr. Mulholland.
简直像政策一样,多年来都是那样的
It sure seems like policy. It’s been going on for years.
人们还忘记了一点
People forget something else, too.
当那边的人在这上面贴上邮票寄出去时
When somebody over there put a stamp on this and mailed it.
可知道会有何后果?触犯联邦法例
You know what happened? It became a federal offence.
你说得没错
You’re damn right.
– 每次违法♥会♥被罚… – 一万元
– Each instance punishable by… – …a $10,000 fine.
每项要坐监三至五年
Three to five years each instance.
(时间收费记录: 米奇·麦克迪尔)
妮娜,我过去马尔霍兰那里半小时
Nina, I’m going over to Mulholland’s for a half hour.
好的
Alrightie.
– 等一会 – 我收到传呼
– Wait a minute. – I got a beeper.
有个办法可以避免被吊销资格和犯法的
There’s a way of doing this without getting disbarred or breaking the law.
那是否我们的首要事项?
Is that our chief concern here?
撕掉那些,我可能不需要用它们
Tear those up. I might not have to use ’em.
但我要得到在开曼的那些东西
But I gotta get to that stuff in the Caymans.
– 什么?为了联邦调查局? – 不,为了我
– What? For the FBI? – No, for me.
你说过他们不会放过你的
They won’t let you go, you said.
要找个人用别的方法拿到它,还要尽快
Somebody’s gonna have to get to it another way. It has to happen fast.
– 我要想办法怎样安置雷 – 什么?
– I gotta figure out what to do about Ray. – What?
埃迪的东西里,可有一个无线录音装置?
In Eddie’s stuff, is there a wireless recording device?
– 有的 – 你懂得使用它吗?
– Yes. Yes. – Do you know how to use it?
埃迪说我是最佳拍档
Whenever Eddie said “my associate”, yours truly.
– 可有高速摄影机? – 当然有
– Were there any high-speed cameras? – Sure.
我想你去找一辆小型货车
I want you to get hold of a van, Tammy.
埃尔维斯有没有发现埃迪?
Did Elvis ever find out about Eddie?
他爱埃迪,你说笑吧?
Man, he loved Eddie. You kidding?
当我十八岁时,我和埃尔维斯已经没有感情
That stuff was over between me and Elvis when I was 18.
我们结了婚两年,有一天早上他觉得我太老了
We’d been married two years. One morning I turned too old for him.
每个人都爱埃尔维斯,他是个好人,会为我做任何事
Everybody loves Elvis. He’s a panda. He’d do anything for me.
– 狗试过追到那骨头吗? – 听说间中会发生
– Doesn’t a dog ever get the bone? – I hear it happens once in a while.
那是个灾难,他们不能令那头狗再出赛
It’s a disaster. They can never get that dog to run again.
沃利斯先生叫我告诉你,局方十分感激…
Mr. Voyles wants me to tell you how much the Bureau appreciates–
一百万元… 存入瑞士一个保密户口
A million dollars… In a numbered account in Switzerland.
在苏黎世的IBG国际银行
IBG Bank, International, in Zurich.
– 你一夜间变得贪婪起来 – 还要立即释放我哥哥
– You sure turned greedy over night. – And my brother out. Now!
– 你哥哥是个被定罪的犯人 – 那么你去找别人做卧底好了
– Your brother’s a convicted felon. – Then get yourself another snitch.
– 他因杀人入狱的 – 那是在酒吧打架
– He’s in for manslaughter. – It was a brawl in a bar.
如果他没有玩过拳击,就只会是自卫
If he hadn’t done any boxing, it would have been self-defence.
– 那仍然是一项罪行 – 你听到了,立即释放我哥哥
– It’s still a felony. – You heard me. My brother out now.
还要加至一百五十万
And make it a million and a half.
不如你跪地求饶
How about you get down on your knees and kiss my ass
别要我控告你做同谋吧
for not indicting you as a co-conspirator right now,
– 你这个哈佛混♥蛋♥! – 你知道我什么也没做过!
– You Harvard cocksucker! – You know I haven’t done anything.
谁会理会?我是联邦密探
Who gives a fuck? I’m a federal agent…
– 你这个下流混♥蛋♥! – 你的生命是属于我的
– You lowlife motherfucker. – Your life is mine.
我不用侵犯你的公民权利也可以踢掉你的牙齿
I can kick your teeth out your asshole without violating your civil rights.
– 你是韦恩·塔兰斯探员 – 不错,就是我
– You are Agent Wayne Tarrance. – You’re goddamn right I am.
– 是? – 你是韦恩·塔兰斯吗?
– Yeah. – Is this Wayne Tarrance?
– 你是谁? – 你是韦恩·塔兰斯吗?
– Who is this? – Is this Wayne Tarrance?
– 是的,我是韦恩·塔兰斯 – 这个也是
– Yeah, this is Wayne Tarrance. – So is this.
– 混♥蛋♥! – 你知道我什么也没做过!
– …sucker. – You know I haven’t done anything!
谁会理会?我是联邦密探
Who gives a fuck? I’m a federal agent-
– 你这个下流混♥蛋♥! – 你的生命是属于我的
– You lowlife motherfucker. – Your life is mine.
我不用侵犯你的公民权利,也可以踢掉你的牙齿
I can kick your teeth out your asshole without violating your civil rights.
我相信你该重新考虑了
Now, I think you ought to reconsider.
我可能找到一个脱身的方法
I think I may have found a way out.
不是完全脱身,是一个折冲办法
Not out exactly. It’s more like a way through.
是一个大胆尝试,不过是合法的
It’s a long shot, but it’s. . . Well , it’s legal.
我明白这样做很怪,但若我们遵守法律就可能得救
I know it’s weird, but if we follow the law, it just might save us.
– 你不想听一下那个计划 – 它可会改变我们之间的事?
– You don’t want to hear the plan. – Does it change anything between us?
它只是一个计划
It’s just a plan.
我不能再这样做了
I can’t do this anymore.
我帮不到你,也帮不到我自己
I can’t help you here. I can’t help myself.
我已经通知了学生我在星期三离开
I’ve given notice at the school. I leave Wednesday.
你说得对,你走了还好,比较安全
You’re right. It’s better if you go. It’s safer.