– But the bar exam! – It’ll be here when you get back.
要我留下来吗? 你可想吃三明治?
Shall I stay, Mr. McDeere? Would you like a sandwich?
不用了,妮娜,谢谢。你回家吧,晚安
No, I’m fine, Nina. Thank you. You go on home. Good night.
– 这里有什么好吃? – 我只要了咖啡
– So, what’s good here? – I’m just having coffee.
– 我要一客牛排三明治 – 两客牛排三明治
– I’m going with a steak sandwich. – Two steak sandwiches on rolls.
两客牛排三明治
Two steak sandwiches on a roll.
– 你是本迪尼-兰伯特&洛克律师行的? – 是的,你怎么…
– You with Bendini, Lambert & Locke? – Yeah, how did you–
– 抱歉,我有点… – 他们令你忙得没命?
– Sorry, I’m just a little… – Are they working you to death?
他们是那样对待新的初级律师。我刚加入他们…
They do that with new associates. I’ve just been with them now…
八个星期
…Eight weeks.
对不起,两位,我有点率直
Sorry, guys, I’m just a little punchy.
– 那间公♥司♥看来对健康有害 – 迫你干那么多钟数
– That firm looks like a health hazard. – Hours they make you keep.
– 要你做那种工作 – 科津斯基和霍奇斯
– Kind of work they make you do. – Kozinski and Hodges.
鲍勃·拉姆和爱丽丝·克劳斯
Bob Lamm and Alice Krauss.
不足十年内 四十一个律师中死了四个
That’s four dead lawyers out of 41 in less than ten years.
全都是未够四十五岁
None of them over the age of 45.
是我听闻的最大笔的保险赔偿
Beats the hell out of any life insurance tables I’ve ever heard about.
你们是谁?
Who are you guys?
麻烦你,那些三明治我们拿走
Could we get those sandwiches to go, please?
我们可能会再见的
We’ll probably see each other again.
(爱丽丝·克劳斯,1948-1988)
(鲍勃·拉姆,1939-1982)
(霍奇斯,1951-1992)
(请输入问题: 爱丽丝·克劳斯)
(搜寻中)
(马丁·科津斯基)
(在开曼遇害的孟菲斯市律师)
(在开曼一次不明爆♥炸♥事件的几名遇害人)
(潜水船长拉里·阿班克斯的尸体下落不明)
汽车抛锚了
Car wouldn’t start.
我被困在交通意外中。有十二辆汽车
I got caught in this incredible accident. Twelve cars.
可能是十三辆
Maybe 13.
其中一辆还有个孕妇
And there was a pregnant woman in one of them.
我要帮忙接生。是个女婴
I had to help deliver the baby. It was a girl.
他们说会替她取名艾比
They said they’re gonna name her Abigail.
别生气! 你以为我♥干♥嘛工作得这个样子?
Fuck! Why do you think I’m working like this, huh?
– 因为我想你拥有… – 等一会
– Because I want you to have… – Wait a minute. Wait a minute.
我从来没有要求过什么,除了我们在一起
I never asked for anything, except for us to be together.
但是我想给你,你为了嫁给我而放弃的一切
But I want to give it to you.l want to give you everything you gave up to marry me.
住口!
Stop it!
它很甜蜜,我知道那是了不起的邂逅
It’s sweet. I know. It’s some kind of courtship…
但我不需要那些,只要有时送花给我就可以了
but I don’t need all that. Just bring me flowers sometime.
你整晚在忙什么?
What were you working on all night?
只是…一些事情
Just… stuff…
埃弗里要我负责到开曼的差事。想吃蛋吗?
…Avery’s got me doing for the Cayman trip. Hey, wanna have some eggs?
– 我吃了蛋 – 想做♥爱♥吗?
– I had some eggs. – Want to have some naked?
你根本不明白你打动我的是什么吧?
You don’t even know what moves me about you, do you?
我明白你要什么,但你和我都是身不由己
I know what you want, but it’s not for me. It’s not even for you.
你也知道的
And you know it.
富有人家谈做穷♥人♥很容易
It’s easy for somebody rich to talk about being poor…
好像一头苍蝇烦着你,你只要把它挥走
like it’s some fly bothering you. You just wave it away.
这不关富有或贫穷的事
This isn’t about rich or poor.
是有关弄好十辆梅赛德斯奔驰房♥车也弄不好的事
This is about trying to fix something that won’t get fixed with 10 Mercedes.
艾比,那样不公平!
That’s not fair, Abby. That’s not fair!
这是有关一个在停车场干活的母亲
This is about a mother in a trailer park.
和一个你假装没有的哥哥
And a brother you pretend you don’t have.
一路顺风
Have a nice trip.
– 跟着我,别过度呼吸 – 桑尼·卡普斯又怎样?
– Just follow me. Don’t overbreathe. – What about Sonny Capps?
– 我觉得我们有压力 – 我们有很大的压力
– I thought we’re under pressure. – We’re under tremendous pressure.
如果我们不在见银行前潜一下水,就没机会了
If we don’t get this dive in before the bank, we can’t do it.
你不能在二十四小时内潜水和飞行的
You can’t dive and then fly within 24 hours.
你怎可以在意外发生后这么快就潜水
I don’t see how you can dive so soon after the accident.
我们根本不知道科津斯基和霍奇斯发生什么事
We don’t even know what happened to Kozinski and Hodges.
上周发生了空难。我们也不是坐船来的吧?
There was a plane crash last week. We didn’t take a boat, did we?
(阿班克斯开曼潜水公♥司♥)
桑尼,那样真荒谬,让我们坐下来谈一会
That’s ridiculous, Sonny. Let him sit down with you for five minutes.
谢谢你
Thank you.
那混♥蛋♥付不够百分之五的税,还要开除我们…海特酒店
Son of a bitch pays less than 5%/ tax and wants to fire us. The Hyatt.
这新的计划是很进取的
This new plan is very aggressive, Sonny.
它可以把你的税款推迟数年
And it defers all your tax liability for years.
– 你还可以即时开始 – 对不起,我现在不能谈
– And you could start right away. – I’m sorry, darling. I can’t talk now.
只可以推迟税款?
These taxes are only deferred, right?
税款的未来值会是现值的一半
The future value of the tax dollars will be half their present value.
– 谁说的? – 选举之后
– Who says? – After the election.
你是否在告诉我四年后谁入主白宫?
Are you telling me who’ll be in the White House the next 4 years?
那是很宝贵的资料
That’s valuable information!
– 这个… – 托拉尔先生有一个计划
– Well… – Mr. Tolar has a plan that…
无论是谁入主白宫,都可以符合你的需要
…that meets all your needs. Whoever’s in the White House.
– 让他告诉我吧 – 他在尝试着
– Let him tell me. – He’s been trying to.
他妈的你是谁? 他的律师还是我的律师?
Who the fuck are you? His lawyer or mine?
– 谁都不是 – 他妈的你在干嘛?
– Neither one, sir. – What the fuck are you doing here?
桑尼…
Sonny…
你不是律师行唯一的重点
You’re not the firm’s only concern here.
我们安排你跟别的客户交易
We put you into deals with other clients
他们可能不想把他们的关系向外间的律师透露
who may not wish to expose their relationships to outside attorneys.
顾问,你听到吗? 那是个变相恐吓
You hear that, Counsellor? That’s a veiled threat.
如你是指我们在芝加哥的朋友,我付律师费时他们没有攫利
If you mean our friends in Chicago, they don’t profit when I pay you fees.
你们却问我要钱
You mak e money when I pay you fees.
他们从我的生意中赚钱
They profit from my business.
如果他们赚到钱,他们懒得理会谁替我报税
And as long as they’re making money,they don’t give a flying fuck who does my taxes.
你不认识我,我是个好人
You don’t know me. I’m a nice guy.
你替我削减一百万元,我就不会伤害你
You lose a million bucks for me. I’m not gonna hurt you.
– 我不会打断你的腿 – 桑尼…
– I’m not gonna break your legs. – Sonny…
别扯开话题吧
…let’s not get carried away.
我说了什么?
What did I say?
– 我说了什么? – 也许是你没有说的那句话
– What did I say!? – Maybe it’s what you didn’t say.
“我没有说的” 我没有说什么?
“What I didn’t say”. What didn’t I say?
– 谢谢你 – 托拉尔先生给了你一个计划
– Thank you. – Mr. Tolar gave you a schedule that…
简直保证你既不用交税又没有风险
virtually guarantees you zero tax with zero risk.
你的股票基本就是分期付款的帐面数目
The basis of your stock would be the face amount of the installment.
那股票不会有价值,即使这样,它已被扣除又抵销收入
The stock would have no value. Even so, it’s deducted and offsets income.
即使你有一张银行可承兑的信用状,也可以全数推迟税款
You defer your tax in full even though you have a bankable LC.
– 推迟到几时? – 你在乎什么?
– Deferred ’til when? – What do you care?
无论几时,它仍是你最好的免息贷款
Whenever it is, it’s still the best interest-free loan you’ll ever get.
那么最糟的就是,我很久之后才交税
So, the worst is I pay my taxes much, much later?
不,最糟的是明年,他们快要堵塞那个漏洞
No, the worst thing is next year, they’re gonna close the loophole…
如果你不抓着这份建议书
and if you haven’t grabbed this proposal…
你就会感到有如大祸临头
you’ll feel like you’ve been fucked with an enormous elephant dick.
你这么肯定?
You know that for a fact?
你喜欢“门生” 这个词吗? 我从来没有门生,你做过吗?
You like the word “protege”? I never had one. You ever been one?
我是A,你是B,就在隔壁
I’m “A”, you’re “B”, right next door.
埃弗里,谁在芝加哥?
Avery, who’s in Chicago?
迟一点再说吧
We’ll get to all that.
真麻烦…洗个脸后过来吧
The hell with it. Clean up and come on over.
你应得一顿丰富晚餐和消遣的
You earned a good dinner and a night out.
我的儿子死了
I lost my son.
如果我怀疑过有问题就会大叫是血腥谋杀了
I would’ve screamed bloody murder if I thought something was wrong.
阿班克斯先生,你说得对,对不起
You’re right, Mr. Abanks. I’m sorry.
什么也没得埋藏。只有一块石头
Nothing to bury even. Just a stone.
他们一直找不到他 和另外那两个人
They never did find him or the other two.
– 什么另外两个人? – 租船的另外两个人
– What other two? – The other two who split the charter.
– 你的朋友们和另外两个人 – 律师?
– Your friends and two other guys. – Lawyers?
他们穿了泳衣,付现金
They were in swim suits. They paid cash.
– 他们是美国人吗? – 很难说
– Were they American? – Could have been anything.
一个很魁梧
One was “squat heavy’.
另一个蓄着长金发,几乎是白色的,有古怪的蓝眼睛
The other guy had long blond hair, almost white, with weird blue eyes.
– 米奇? – 什么?
– Mitch? – Yeah.
在冰箱拿一支 “红带” 喝吧。我会有点慢
Grab a Red Stripe out of the fridge. I’m a little slow.
– 你慢慢吧 – 我想装扮得像你一样帅
– Take your time. – I’m trying to look as pretty as you…
肯定我可以的
…which I’m convinced I can.
只是要花多一点时间
Just takes me a little longer.
– 有吃的东西吗? – 冰箱旁边有些东西
– Anything to munch on? – There’s some stuff next to the fridge.
上面有锁的,用我给你的那串钥匙吧
It’s got a lock on it. Use that key from the ring I gave you.
– 看到吗? – 看到
– You see it? – Yeah, sure.
(芝加哥 摩洛哥公♥司♥)
找到东西吗?
You find something?