“对《庄严的痛苦》之友善评论…
“Both for your kind words about An Imperial Affliction…
“还有花时间…
“and for taking the time…
“告诉我这本书 在此引用你的话…
“to tell me that the book, and here I quote you directly…
“对你和你朋友海瑟有很重要的意义”
“‘meant a great deal to you and your friend Hazel Grace.”.
不是吧!不是吧!
You did not! You did not!
不是吧!
You did not, you did not!
当然是
Of course I did.
“回答你的问题 我不再写任何作品
“To answer your question, no, I have not written anything else, nor will I.
“我不认为继续与读者分享我的想法…
“I do not feel like continuing to share my thoughts with readers…
“对双方有好处
“would benefit either them or me.
“不过还是谢谢你…
“However, thank you…
“宝贵的来信
“for your generous email.
“彼得万豪顿敬上”
“Yours most sincerely, Peter Van Houten.”
想不到吧
So, yeah, that just happened.
天啊
Oh, my God.
我试着告诉你我很厉害
I’ve been trying to tell you, I’m kind of awesome.
你觉得我该…
Do you think that I…
去看收件夹
Check your inbox.
老天
Oh, my God.
天啊 奥古斯都
Oh, my God, Augustus.
我好兴奋
I’m freaking out. I’m freaking out.
万豪顿先生钧鉴
Dear Mr. Peter Van Houten,
我是海瑟·葛蕾丝
my name is Hazel Grace Lancaster.
我朋友奥古斯都沃特
My friend Augustus Waters…
在我建议下读了你的书…
who read your book at my recommendation…
从这个信箱收到你的回信
just received an email from you at this address.
希望你不介意他和我分享信件内容
I hope you will not mind that he shared that email with me.
不知你是否能回答我一些…
I was wondering if you wouldn’t mind answering a few questions I have…
关于书结尾的疑问
about what happens after the end of the book.
具体如下
Specifically the following.
安娜妈妈是否与荷兰郁金香男结婚?
Does Anna’s mom marry the Dutch Tulip Man?
荷兰郁金香男是否有所图谋…
And is the Dutch Tulip Man up to something…
或者他彻底被误解了?
or is he just completely misunderstood?
最后 希望你能提提仓鼠薛西弗斯
Lastly, I was hoping you could shed some light on Sisyphus the Hamster.
这些问题纠缠我多年…
These questions have haunted me for years…
我不知自己还有多少时间寻找答案
and I don’t know how long I have left to get answers to them.
我明白这些不是重要文学议题…
I know that these are not important literary questions…
“而你书中充满了重要文学议题…
“and that your book is full of important literary questions…
“但我还是想知道答案
“but I would just really like to know.
“当然 如果你决定写其他作品…
“And, of course, if you ever do decide to write anything else…
“我很乐意拜读
“I would love to read it.
“老实说 我甚至愿意读你写的购物清单
“Frankly, I’d read your grocery lists.
“海瑟·葛蕾丝·兰卡斯特敬上”
“Yours, with great admiration, Hazel Grace Lancaster.”
还不赖
Not bad.
真的?
You think?
对 不过有点做作…
Yeah, I mean, it’s a bit pretentious…
彼得万豪顿大概会回些华丽词藻
but then again, Van Houten uses words like “tendentious”
所以…
and “Bacchanalia, ” so…
我猜他会喜欢的
I think he’ll like it.
快半夜一点了?
Is it really 1:00 AM?
是吗?
Is it?
大概吧
Yeah, I guess it is.
我该睡了
I should probably go to sleep.

Okay.

Okay.

Okay.

Okay.
也许”行”就是我们的”总是”
Perhaps “okay” will be our “always.”

Okay.
天啊
Oh, my God.
“亲爱的兰卡斯特小姐…
“Dear Ms. Lancaster…
“我无法回答你的问题 至少不能通过书面方式…
“I cannot answer your questions, at least not in writing…
“因为这么做就会构成一部续集…
“because to do so would constitute a sequel…
“你可能会出版或在网路上分享
“which you might publish or otherwise share on the internet.
“不是我信不过 但我怎能信任你?
“Not that I don’t trust you, but how could I trust you?
“我几乎不认识你
“I barely know you.
“若你到阿姆斯特丹
“Should ever you find yourself in Amsterdam,
“方便时可来访”
“do pay a visit at your leisure.”
什么?
What?
“谨此 彼得万豪顿”
“Yours most sincerely, Peter Van Houten.”
天啊!
Oh, my God!
这是怎么搞的?
What is this life?
海瑟?
Hazel?
– 妈! – 海瑟 怎么了?
– Mom! – Hazel, what’s wrong?
妈 你看这个
Mom, look at this.
快来 快来
Come here. Come here, come here.
你看
Look.
– 什么? – 对
– What? – Yeah.
彼得万豪顿!
Peter Van Houten!
你看他怎么写!
Look what he said!
“若你到阿姆斯特丹”!
“Should ever you find yourself in Amsterdam”!
我必须去!
I have to go!
不可思议
That’s incredible.
他邀请我们去阿姆斯特丹!
He invited us to Amsterdam.
阿姆斯特丹!
Amsterdam!
哇! 我们能去吗?
Wow! Can We go?
你觉得我们真的能去吗?
I mean, do you think we could actually go?
毕竟那是阿姆斯特丹!
I mean, Amsterdam!
我想要帮你达成一切愿望
I want you to have everything you want in the world.
可是我们钱不够 你知道吧?
But we don’t have the money, you know?
还得把所有器材搬到那里
Just getting all the equipment over there.
怎么办得到?
How do we do that?
也是啦 抱歉
Yeah, duh. I’m sorry.
我真的很抱歉
Hey, you, I am so sorry.
没关系
It’s okay.
你怎么不向精灵基金会许愿?
Why don’t you just ask the Genies? Use your wish.
我在奇迹发生前就用掉愿望
I already used it. Pre-Miracle.
你许了什么愿?
What’d you use it on?
别说是迪士尼
Not Disney.
海瑟·葛蕾丝 你没去迪士尼乐园吧
Hazel Grace, you did not go to Disney World.
– 你把临死愿望… – 我那时才13岁
– You did not use your last dying wish… – I was 13.
…用在去迪士尼乐园
…to go to Disney World.
– 还有艾波卡特中心 – 老天
– And Epcot Center. – Oh, my God.
那趟旅行其实很愉快!
It was actually a really fun trip!
我没听过更惨的事
That’s the saddest thing I’ve ever heard.
我遇见高飞狗!
I met Goofy!
我觉得好丢脸
Now I’m just embarrassed.
为什么丢脸?
Why are you embarrassed?
我居然爱上许了蠢愿望的女孩
I can’t believe I have a crush on a girl with such cliche wishes.
太可怕了
Terrible.
上车吗?
You coming?
做磁振造影最重要的事…
The most important thing in any MRI…
就是保持完全躺平
is to lie completely still.
但在那天 这点几乎办不到
But that day, it was almost impossible.
古斯 你好吗?
Hey, Gus! How are you?
嗨 兰卡斯特小姐太太
Hi, Mrs. Lancaster.
那是里克施密茨的球衣?
Hey. Rik Smits jersey?
– 没错 – 我真爱那家伙
– Yeah, it is indeed. – I loved that guy.
我是奥古斯都沃特
I’m Augustus Waters.
幸会 我叫麦可
Nice to meet you. I’m Michael.
– 幸会 – 兰卡斯特太太
– It’s good to see you. – Hi, Mrs. Lancaster.
幸会幸会
Good to see you.
嗨 海瑟·葛蕾丝
Hi, Hazel Grace.

Hi.
愿意跟我去野餐吗?
How would you like to go on a picnic with me?
我很乐意和你共度野餐
Um, I would love to go on a picnic with you.
走吧?
Shall we?
不 先让我…
No. Let me…
我刚从医院出来 先让我换衣服
I smell like hospital, so I should just change.
所以…
So, uh…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!