They are Augustus and Hazel…
和你通过信的年轻书迷
the young fans with whom you’ve been corresponding.
是美国人?
The Americans?
你邀请他们过来
You invited them.
请进
Please, come in.
你明知我为何离开美国 莉德薇
You know why I left America, Lidewij.
就是不想再见到美国人
To never have to encounter Americans.
你就是美国人
You’re American.
无可挽回的事实
Incurably so.
叫他们走
Get rid of them.
我不会这么做 彼得
I will not do this, Peter.
请你行行好
Please, be nice.
请进
Come in, please.
抱歉 我整理一下
Sorry, let me clear this for you.
谢谢
Thank you.
哪位是奥古斯都沃特?
Which of you is Augustus Waters?
我是
I am.
这位是海瑟
And that’s Hazel.
万豪顿先生 很感谢你的回信
Mr. Van Houten, thank you so much for writing back to us.
显然这是个错误判断
Clearly an error in judgment.
这是我首次回信
Yours are the first missives to which I’ve replied,
结果看我的下场
and look where it got me.
喝威士忌吗?
Scotch?
不用 谢谢
No, thank you.
准备我的就好 莉德薇
Just me, then, Lidewij.
麻烦再一杯威士忌苏打
Another scotch and soda, please.
要不要先来早餐 彼得?
Perhaps some breakfast first, Peter?
她认为我有酗酒问题
She thinks I have a drinking problem.
我也认为地球是圆的
I also think the Earth is round.
你们喜欢我的书
So, you like my book.
– 我们爱你的书 – 对
– We love your book. – Yeah.
我们很爱
We love it.
奥古斯都他…
Augustus…
许愿来见你 我们才能来这里对谈
He made his wish meeting you so that we could talk.
– 别感到压力 – 对
– No pressure. – Yeah.
你故意穿得像安娜吗?
Did you dress like her on purpose?
差不多
Kind of.
我们要感谢你
And, incidentally, sir, we both really
昨晚请我们吃晚餐
wanted to thank you for dinner last night.
还有香槟
And for the champagne.
很棒
It was amazing.
太神奇了
It was magical.
我们昨晚请他们吃晚餐?
We bought them dinner last night?
这是我们的荣幸
It was our pleasure.
你们大老远过来
You’ve come a long way.
我能为你们做什么?
What can I do for you?
我们有几个问题…
We have some questions…
当然是关于你书中的结局
obviously, about what happens at the end of your book.
特别是安娜走后其他人的下场
Uh, specifically to those who Anna leaves behind.
例如她妈 荷兰郁金香男…
Like her mom, the Dutch Tulip Man…
你们对瑞典嘻哈音乐有多熟?
How familiar are you with Swedish hip-hop?
很有限
I would say, limited.
莉德薇 立刻播放一首
Uh, Lidewij, play Bomfalleralla immediately.
好的
Okay.
我们不会说瑞典语
We don’t speak Swedish, sir.
谁会说瑞典语?
Who the hell speaks Swedish?
重点不是那声音在说什么鬼话
The important thing is not what nonsense the voices are saying…
而是那声音的感觉
but what the voices are feeling.
你在开我们玩笑吗?
Are you messing with us?
还是说这是某种表演?
Like, is this some sort of performance?
古斯 坐下
Gus, sit down.
好吧 在书末 安娜的…
All right, so at the end of the book, Anna’s…
想像你们和乌龟赛跑
Let’s imagine you’re racing a tortoise.
乌龟在前方十码处起跑
The tortoise has a ten-yard head start.
当你们前进十码时…
In the time it takes you to run ten yards…
乌龟也许前进一♥码♥ 这般永无休止
the tortoise has moved maybe one yard, and so on, forever.
你们比乌龟还快
You’re faster than the tortoise,
却永远追不上它
but you can never catch him, you see?
只能缩短领先的距离
You can only decrease his lead.
不过现实中你们可以超越乌龟…
Now, certainly, you can run past the tortoise…
如果不考虑其中牵扯的机制
as long as you don’t contemplate the mechanics involved.
但解答却是太过复杂…
But the question of “how?” turns out to be so complicated…
以致无人能解 直到…
that no one really solved it…
康托尔证明
until Cantor’s proof that some infinities
有些无限大于其他无限
are bigger than other infinities.
这应该能回答你的问题
I assume that answers your question.
海瑟 抱歉 我不知道怎么会这样
Hazel, I’m sorry. I have no idea what’s going on.
你在信中似乎比较聪明 沃特先生
Yet you seemed so intelligent in print, Mr. Waters.
难道癌症侵袭你的脑部?
Has the cancer found its way into your brain?
彼得
Peter.
让我们专心讨论安娜好吗?
Can we, for one second, just focus on Anna?
拜托你
Please?
我能了解故事
I understand that the story ends
结束在句子中…
in the middle of a sentence…
因为她死了 或病重到无法继续写…
because she dies, or that she becomes too sick to continue…
我没有兴趣谈论那本书
I am not interested in talking about that book.
但她的家人和朋友还是有未来
But that doesn’t mean that her family and friends don’t have a future, right?
对吧?
Right?
我说我没有兴趣
I said I’m not interested.
你答应过的!
But you promised!
什么事都没有!他们只是虚构人物!
Nothing happens! They’re fiction!
小说结束时他们就停止存在
They cease to exist the moment the novel ends.
不能这样!
But they can’t!
我明白文学意义之类的 但…
I get it in a literary sense or whatever, but…
我做不来 莉德薇
I can’t do this, Lidewij.
你一定想过…
It’s impossible not to imagine what…
我不会纵容你
I will not indulge your childish whims.
我拒绝给予你
I refuse to pity you in the manner
所习惯的怜悯
in which you are accustomed.
– 我不要你的怜悯! – 你当然要!
– I do not want your pity! – Of course you do!
像其他病童 你们的生存仰赖于此
Like all sick kids, your existence depends on it.
– 你注定要停留在… – 彼得!
– You are fated to live out your days… – Peter!
…你被诊断出来的那个年纪
…as the child you were when diagnosed.
相信小说结束生命还能延续的小孩
A child who believes there is a life after a novel ends.
而我们成人 同情这点
And we as adults, we pity this.
所以替你支付医疗费和氧气装置
So, we pay for your treatments, your oxygen machines.
彼得 够了
Peter, that’s enough.
你只是进化过程中忽视个别生命…
You are a side-effect to an evolutionary process…
而产生的副作用
that cares little for individual lives.
是个突变的失败例子
You are a failed experiment in mutation.
听好 王八蛋…
Listen, douchepants…
关于疾病方面的问题…
there is nothing that you’re gonna tell me about my disease…
我比你还清楚
that I don’t already know.
我只为了一件事而来
I came here for one thing and one thing only.
就是要你说出
That is for you to tell me what happens
那本该死的书的后续!
at the end of this goddamn book!
我不能告诉你
I can’t tell you.
– 狗屁! – 办不到
– Bullshit! – I can’t.
那就编出来!
Then make something up!
你们走吧
I want you to leave.
你有没有停下来想过…
Have you ever stopped to ask yourself…
你为何在意这些蠢问题?
why you care so much about your silly questions?
你去死吧
Oh, go fuck yourself.
嘿 没关系
Hey, it’s okay.
没关系
It’s okay.
我帮你写续集
I’ll write you a sequel.
好吗? 我帮你写续集
All right? I’ll write you a sequel.
一定比那酒鬼写的垃圾更好
It’ll be better than any piece of shit that drunk guy could write.
剧情里有鲜血、勇气和牺牲
It’ll have blood, and guts, and sacrifice.
你一定喜欢
You’ll love it.
抱歉把你的愿望用在那混♥蛋♥身上

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!