它会把你撕成两半。
It’ll tear you in two.
你听到了吗?
You hear that?
哦,是的。我妈妈在练习。她总是……
Oh, yeah. My mom’s practicing. She’s always…
沙。你话太多了。听。
Sha. You talk too much. Listen.
当她还是个孩子的时候,她就已经这样玩了。
When she was a kid, already she played like that.
她本应该成为一名音乐会钢琴演奏家。
She should have been a concert piano player.
小鲁宾斯坦,她是。
Little Rubinstein, she was.
她本可以演奏……
She could have played…
只要你能说出来,她都可以在那玩。
You name it, she could have played there.
和她……
And she…
有一次,我去辛辛那提看望她、蒂娜和梅纳什,
Once, I visited her and Tina and Menashe in Cincinnati,
她对我说她想成为一个伟大的钢琴艺术家。
and she says to me she wants to be a great piano artist.
但她没有这么做。
But she didn’t do it.
是的,她真的很棒。你知道,她在电视上表演。
Yeah, she’s really good. You know, she played on TV.
电视吗?切!
TV? Feh!
她本可以在维也纳的金色大厅演奏。
She could have played at Musikverein in Vienna.
你看,她心里有什么
You see, what she got in her heart
这就是你我所拥有的
is what you got, what I got.
艺术。
Art.
喜欢我。就像你,我想。
Like me. Like you, I think.
我们是瘾君子,艺术就是我们的毒品。
We’re junkies, and art is our drug.
家人,我们爱。
Family, we love.
但是艺术,我们是为艺术而生。
But art, we’re meshuga for art.
你以为我想离开我的姐妹,我的爸爸妈妈,
You think I wanted to leave my sisters, my mama and my papa,
然后把我的蠢脑袋塞进狮子嘴里?
and go stick my stupid head in the mouth of lions?
把你的头放进狮子嘴里是艺术吗?
Put-Putting your head in-in a lion’s mouth is art?
不。把你的头塞进狮子的嘴里是球。
No. Sticking your head in the mouths of lions was balls.
确保狮子不吃掉我的头,这就是艺术。
Making sure the lion don’t eat my head, that is art.
蒂尼,她没对米齐说,
You see, Tini, she didn’t say to Mitzi,
“去做你该做的吧。”
“Go do what you gotta.”
我姐姐是个好人,但她很害怕。
I mean, she was a good person, my sister, but she was scared.
为你妈妈担心。
Scared for your mother.
-她在家里应该有安全感。-嗯……
– She should have safety in the family. -Uh…
所以米茨,她放弃了一切。
So Mitzi, she gave it all up.
噢!Wh……
Ow! Wh…
我要你记住那有多疼。
I want you should remember how that hurt.
因为当他们说这些的时候,当他们说,“你是做什么的?
Because when they say all this, when they say, “What you do?
“哦,太可爱了。这是一种爱好。
“Oh, that’s cute. It’s a hobby.
就像集邮或收集蝴蝶一样。”
It’s like stamps or butterfly collecting,”
你感觉你的脸,现在的感觉。
you feel your face, how it feels now.
是的,你差点就成功了。
Yeah, you almost pulled it off.
你还记得鲍里斯叔叔吗
So you remember your Uncle Boris
还有他告诉你的。
and what he’s telling you.
因为你要加入马戏团了,我看得出来。
Because you’re going to join the circus, I can tell.
你等不及了。
You can’t hardly wait.
你想在大的顶部。
You want to be in the big top.
你会铲大象屎直到他们说,
You’ll shovel elephant shit until they say,
“好吧,萨米,现在骑这头该死的大象。”
“Okay, Sammy, now ride the goddamn elephant.”
哦,你喜欢那些人,是吗?
Oh, you love those people, huh?
你的姐妹,你的妈妈,你的爸爸。除了……
Your sisters, your mama, your papa. Except…
除了这个。
Except this.
这个,我觉得你更爱一点。
This, I think you love a little more.
不,我不喜欢。
No, I don’t.
是的。
Yeah.
哦,嘿。随你怎么跑,小子
Oh, hey. Run all you want, boychick,
但你知道我不是在吹牛
but you know I ain’t whistling Dixie here.
你会拍你的电影,你会做你的艺术。
You’ll make your movies, and you will do your art.
你会记得它有多疼。
And you’ll remember how it hurt.
你懂我的意思吗?
So you know what I’m saying?
艺术会给你天上的冠冕,地上的桂冠。
Art will give you crowns in heaven and laurels on earth.
但是…
But…
它会让你心碎,让你孤独。
it’ll tear your heart out and leave you lonely.
你会成为你所爱之人的狂欢。
You’ll be a shanda for your loved ones.
沙漠中的流亡者
An exile in the desert.
一个吉普赛。
A gypsy.
艺术不是游戏。
Art is no game.
艺术像狮子的嘴一样危险。
Art is dangerous as a lion’s mouth.
它会咬掉你的头。
It’ll bite your head off.
看着我。
Look at me.
看着我。
Look at me.
蒂尼不想跟我有任何瓜葛,这是不是很奇怪?
Is it a wonder that Tini, she wanted nothing to do with me?
和我一起,和——
With me, with–
哦,Tini。
Oh, Tini.
哦,Tini !哦,Tini。
Oh, Tini! Oh, Tini.
我…
I…
停,停!停止它!
Stop, stop! Stop it!
怎么,你从没见过有人悲伤吗?
What, you never saw nobody grieving before?
我们睡觉吧,小宝贝。
Let’s go to sleep, bubbala.
你可以睡在床上。我有我的睡袋。
Uh, you can sleep in the bed. I have my sleeping bag.
我在为我妹妹当湿婆。
I’m sitting shiva for my sister.
我睡在地板上。
I sleep on the floor.
你也想睡在地板上吗?
Y-You want to sleep on the floor, too?
-她是你奶奶。
– She was your grandma.
撕破你的衣服。睡在地板上。
Tear your clothes. Sleep on the floor.
晚安,各位。
Good night.
-说“拜拜”。——再见。
– Say “bye-bye.” – Bye-bye.
再见。
Bye-bye.
我不知道妈妈在担心什么。
I don’t know what Mama was so worried about.
这次访问很愉快。
It was a nice visit.
讨厌的东西。
Yuck.
——哇!
– Whoa!
——哦!
– Oh!
哦。
Aw.
这就是生活。
This is the life.
只有你才能防止森林火灾。
Only you can prevent forest fires.
毫米。
Mm.
哦。
Oh.
你做的真漂亮,宝贝。
It’s so beautiful, what you made, dolly.
你真的看到我了。
You really see me.
嘿,男人。怎么样,嗯?
Hey, man. How about that, huh?
嘿,萨米,你干得真漂亮。
Hey, Sammy, that was real neat.
死,Amerikaner !
Die, Amerikaner!
动!动!往后倒!
Move! Move! Fall backwards!
哇!
Whoa!
Attacke !
Attacke!
——啊!封面!
– Ah! Cover!
德国佬,到处都是!
Krauts, they’re everywhere!
他们人太多了!
There’s too many of them!
转弯。
Turn.
减少!
Cut!
太好了。现在,嗯…
Great. Now, um…
好的,过来。到这里来。
Okay, come here. Come here.
你在这里站一分钟
Um, you’re standing here a minute,
看看刚刚发生的事。
looking down at what just happened.
-整整一分钟?-我会给你信♥号♥♥的
– A whole minute? – I’ll give you a signal
我想让你开始行动,好吗?所以你只是…
when I want you to start to move, okay? So you’re just…
你是说我应该数到60吗?
Like, you mean I should count to 60?
——什么?不。不,不,不。-就像一个密西西比
– What? No. No, no, no, no. – Like, one Mississippi,
两个密西西比,然后搬走?
two Mississippi, and then move?
不要数到60。
Don’t-don’t count to 60.
你只要…
You just got to…
S-S-So……所以你们都喜欢喜欢喜欢
S-S-So… So you’re all like-like-like,
“哦,天哪。”
“Oh, my God.”
比如,“我所有的男人,他们都…
Like, “All my men, they’re all…
他们都死了。我所有的人,他们都——他们都……”
they’re all dead. All my men, they’re-they’re…”
所以你想让我演戏什么的。
So you want me to, like, act and stuff.
嗯…是的。
Well… yeah.
-就像我有点伤心之类的?-对。
– Like I’m-I’m sort of sad or something? -Right.
-嗯,这才是重点。-因为我的整个排…
– Um, that’s the whole point. -‘Cause my whole platoon…
好吧,对吧。你的排。
R-Right, right. Your platoon.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!