是的。
Yeah.
她在车灯下跳舞的最后一晚,
That last night when she danced in the headlights,
那太好了。
that’d be great.
明天再做,好吗?
Get to it tomorrow, okay?
明天我们就要开拍了。
Um, tomorrow’s when we start shooting.
无处可逃。
Escape to Nowhere.
我们整个周末都在拍摄,爸爸。
We’re shooting all weekend, Dad.
-我不能。-下周末拍摄。
– I can’t. – Shoot it next weekend.
我们大概有40个人要来演这部电影。
We’ve got like 40 guys coming to be in the movie.
我周一会把露营的事都做完的。
I’ll-I’ll w-work on all the camping trip stuff on Monday.
我求你现在这么做是为了你妈妈。她的……
I’m asking you to do this now for your mom. She’s…
我说了我会的,但不是明天,求你了。
Yeah, and I said that I will, just not tomorrow, please.
不要太自私。她刚刚失去了母亲。
Don’t be selfish. She just lost her mother.
这比你的爱好更重要。
That’s more important than your hobby.
爸,你能不能别把它叫做♥爱♥好?
Dad, can you stop calling it a hobby?
看这个会让她高兴起来的。
It’ll cheer her up, watching this.
-这是我们可以做的…-她妈妈刚去世。
– It’s something we can do to… – Her mom just died.
这怎么能让她高兴起来?
How is that gonna cheer her up?
因为这是你为她做的。
Because you made it for her.
有点不太对劲。
Uh, something’s not right.
我不知道还能做什么。
I don’t know what else to do.
你能帮我吗?
Can you help me?
你好。
Hello.
米琪米琪
Mitzi. Mitzi.
妈妈?
Mama?
有人要来了。
Somebody’s coming.
妈妈?
Mama?
M-Mama。什么……
M-Mama. What…
——妈妈。老妈……-你不能让他进来。
– Mama. Mam… – You mustn’t let him in.
-你不能让他进来。-妈妈,我听不见
– You mustn’t let him in. – Mama, I-I can’t hear you.
我很害怕。
I am scared.
你不能让他进屋。
You mustn’t let him in the house.
妈妈,请。我…
Mama, please. I…
别让他进来。
Do not let him in.
-别让他进屋。——什么?不,我不能——
– Do not let him in the house. – What? No, I can’t–
Wh-Who来了吗?
Wh-Who’s coming?
不要开门。
Don’t open the door.
妈妈。
Mama.
妈妈,别走。
Mommy, don’t go.
先别走。
Don’t go yet.
-你做噩梦了。-
-You’re having a bad dream. –
-妈妈,这是很多食物。
– This is a lot of food, Mom.
嗯,我很沮丧。
Well, I’m upset.
我的天啊。那个疯狂的梦。
Oh, my God. That crazy dream.
我无法把它从脑海中抹去。
I can’t get it out of my head.
昨晚,我梦见我妈妈给我打电♥话♥。
Uh, last night, I dreamed I got a call from my mama.
她想警告我。
And she wanted to warn me.
-太蠢了。奶奶去世了。-关于什么?
– That’s silly. Grandma died. – About what?
好吧,有东西要来了。
Well, something’s coming.
她想让我把舱口封住。
She wants me to batten down the hatches.
我们不可能吃完所有这些。
We’re never going to be able to eat all of this.
那是谁?
Who is that?
是鲍里斯叔叔。
It’s Uncle Boris.
嗯?
Hmm?
叔叔是谁?
Uncle who?
妈妈?
Mom?
她说的就是这个人!
That’s who she meant!
那是我妈妈的弟弟!
My– That’s my-my mama’s brother!
他们小的时候,他把她吓得屁滚尿流!
Oh, he scared the crap out of her when they were kids!
-别让他进来!
– Don’t let him in!
你在马戏团?
You were in the circus?
妈妈说你是驯兽师。
Mama said you were the lion tamer.
不,一开始没有。
No, not at first.
一开始,是“波德戈尔尼,把帐篷的钉子敲进去。
At first, it was, “Podgorny, pound in the tent pegs.
波德戈尔尼,把这些厚皮动物清理干净。”
Podgorny, muck out the pachyderms.”
然后,有一天晚上,大猫表演,
And then, one night, the big cat act,
他得了流感,所以…
he comes down with the flu bug, so it was, uh,
“鲍里斯·波德戈尔尼,跟狮子在一起。”
“Boris Podgorny, in with the lions.”
-他在撒谎,对吧?
– He’s lying, right?
-不,他在给你讲故事-知道那是什么感觉吗?
– No, he’s telling you a story. – Know what it’s like, huh?
讨厌鬼,姐♥妹♥们♥。
Pain in the ass, sisters.
-太粗鲁了。-他说了”混♥蛋♥”!
– That’s rude. – He said “ass”!
我知道。
I know.
你什么时候开始拍电影的?
But when did you start working in the movies?
1927.
1927.
1927年的《爵士歌♥手》
1927– that was The Jazz Singer.
那一年有声电影开始了。
That’s the year that talkies started.
是的,当然,有声电影。但我没有。
Yeah, sure, talkies. But me, no.
我从《汤姆叔叔的小屋》开始。
I started with, um, Uncle Tom’s Cabin.
不会说话。
Not a talkie.
是哈里·波拉德。
It was Harry Pollard.
他是Selig Polyscope的演员。
He acted for Selig Polyscope.
他娶了玛姬,叫什么来着。
He, uh, married Maggie what’s-her-name.
——嗯。-他指导汤姆叔叔。
– Mm-hmm. – He directed Uncle Tom.
举起你的盘子。
Lift up your plate.
波拉德需要人帮他对付警犬。
So, Pollard needed help with the bloodhounds.
我的朋友弗莱舍克是狗狗表演界的大人物。
So, my pal Fleischaker was a big name in dog acts.
-主要是贵宾犬。
– Poodles, mainly.
但是,“当然,”弗莱舍克对波拉德说。
But, “Sure,” Fleischaker says to Pollard.
“是的。猎犬,贵宾犬,有什么区别?”
“Yeah. Bloodhounds, poodles, what’s the difference?”
哦。
Ooh.
于是,他去了。
So, he went.
但是,这个时候,弗莱舍克,
But, uh, by this time, uh, Fleischaker,
他受够了仇恨犹太人的人
he had it up to here with the Jew-haters.
马戏团里有很多这样的人。
There was a lot of that kind in the circuses.
不是很多犹太人,而是很多仇恨犹太人的人。
Not many Jews, lots of Jew-haters.
——正确的。-但是电影…
– Right. – But the movies…
Oy vavoy !
Oy vavoy!
弗莱舍克写信给我,“鲍里斯,”他写道。
Fleischaker writes to me, “Boris,” he writes.
“鲍里斯,”他写道,
“Boris,” he writes,
“好莱坞就是海米什,海米什。
“Hollywood is heimish, heimishe.
我和道格拉斯·费尔班克斯和里卡多·科尔特斯在一起
I’m in a minyan with Douglas Fairbanks and Ricardo Cortez.”
——哇。-“来好莱坞吧。”
– Whoa. -“Come to Hollywood.”
所以,我去了。
So, I went.
你妻子不喜欢洗碗吗?
Your wife, she don’t like doing the dishes?
呃,钢琴手。
Uh, piano hands.
啊,fershteyn。
Ah, fershteyn.
你喜欢看电影吗,皮特尔沙先生?
So, you like the movies, huh, Mr. Pitselshas?
好吧,中士,他从山上过来,
Okay, so the sergeant, he comes over the hill here,
我要走到他下面,这样我们就能看到他和天空。
and I’m gonna go below him, so we see him and the sky.
所以我们看不到他所看到的,
And so we don’t see what he sees,
但我们确实看到他真的
but we do see that he’s really–
好吧,他都快疯了,对吧?
Okay, so he’s, like, almost losing his mind, right?
——嗯。-因为他看到的太可怕了
– Mm-hmm. -‘Cause what he is seeing is totally terrible.
然后,我要转动摄像机,让我们看到它。
And then, I’m gonna turn the camera so that we see it.
只是在另一个笔记本上。坚持下去。
It’s just in another notebook. Hang on.
如果那是电影的话,嗯…
If that’s the movie, uh…
你可以展示给我看,而不是把我描述死。
you could show me instead of describing me to death.
不,那只是我们愚蠢的露营之旅。
No, that’s just our stupid camping trip.
我爸爸的…
My dad’s…
他想让我把这段露营影片剪辑起来
He wants me to put this camping film together
这样妈妈就会高兴起来。
so it’ll cheer up Mom.
因为她心碎了。
Because her heart is broken.
因为她妈妈是个玩具。
Because her mama iz toyt.
但是你,导演先生,你不想这么做,
But you, Mr. Director, you don’t want to do this,
你♥爸♥爸告诉你的
what your daddy tells you,
因为你想拍你的战争片?
because you want to make your war picture, huh?
是的,是的。
Yeah, yeah.
相信我,小山姆,我明白。
Believe me, Sammy boy, I get it.
家庭,艺术。
Family, art.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!