你不想让我戏剧化吗?
Don’t you want me to be dramatic?
-不要看镜头。-我们会清理干净的
– Don’t look into the camera. – Well, we’ll clean it out.
伙计们,别盯着摄像机了。
Guys, stop looking into the camera.
-这些我都不能用-爸爸!
– I can’t use any of this. -Dad!
假的。
Fake.
完全假的。
Totally fake.
-你听到了吗?
– You hear it?
她得剪掉那些该死的指甲
She has got to cut those goddamn fingernails
在她上电视直播之前
before she goes on live television.
-我明天要表演。-
– I have to perform this tomorrow. –
这是一首很难的曲子。
It’s a difficult piece.
这对我来说是件大事。
It’s a very big deal for me.
我只要求你闭上你的大嘴巴
All I asked was for you to keep your big traps shut
听听我的彩排。
and listen to my dress rehearsal.
对不起,Mitz。这是美妙的。
Sorry, Mitz. It’s wonderful.
你听到了上升的琶音
You hear how the rising arpeggios
-举起悲伤的音符?
– lift up the sad notes?
是F小调,但你妈妈把它唱得很生动。
It’s in F minor, but your mom makes it sound so alive.
她说得好像她在玩打字机。
She makes it sound like she’s playing a typewriter.
哦,不。
Oh, no.
别再这样了。
Not this again.
你听到了吗?我点击了吗?
Do you hear it? Am I clicking?
我专注于你的演奏,但是……
I concentrate on your playing, but…
哦,太好了。但是什么?
Bu– Oh, great. But what?
但是图森的人们可以听到。
But people can hear it in Tucson.
-也许我已经习惯了。
– Maybe I’ve gotten used to it.
也许通用电气应该
Maybe GE should make
橡胶指甲头。
rubber tips for fingernails.
好的,米齐·法伯尔曼。
All right, Mitzi Fabelman.
是时候面对现实了。
Time to face the music.
-天啊。
– Oh, boy.
你拿着那些东西离我远点。
You stay away from me with those things.
-这是贝多芬,该死。-不不不!
– It’s Beethoven, damn it. – No, no, no!
-不是摩尔斯电码。来吧。——不!停!停!停止它!
– It is not Morse code. Come on. – No! Stop! Stop! Stop it!
不过他说得有道理,尤其是在
He has a point, though, especially with
多向带状麦克风
the polydirectional ribbon microphones
-他们在电视舞台上…-
– they have on television stage… –
来吧。你娶了她。
Come on. You married her.
爸爸,不要。
Dad, don’t.
这样做。这样做。这样做。这样做。做到!
Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it!
我会抓你的。别以为我不会!
I will scratch you. Don’t think I won’t!
你觉得亚瑟·鲁宾斯坦怎么样
Do you think Arthur Rubinstein
-有指甲?
– had fingernails?
-霍洛维茨?施纳贝尔吗?-别想了。
– Horowitz? Schnabel? – Do not think about it.
——Kempff ?-不不不。
– Kempff? – No, no, no.
——列勃拉斯。-不不不不
– Liberace. – No, no, no, no.
-不是我的指甲。-拜托,法伯尔曼。
– Not my nails. – Come on, Fabelman.
让她看看谁是通用电气的
Show her who’s General Electric’s
-产品设计经理。-不,我漂亮的指甲。
– product design manager. – No, my beautiful nails.
我在美容院花了50美元买♥♥的。
I paid a buck 50 at the beauty parlor for these.
哦,不。
Oh, no.
一,二,三。
– One, two, three.
放开我,黛利拉。
Get off of me, Delilah.
——黛利拉?-好了,好戏结束了。
– Delilah? – Okay, the fun’s over.
剩下的我自己来。
I’ll do the rest myself.
哦。
Oh.
哦,太棒了。
Oh, great.
就好了。好吧,这就决定了。
Just great. Well, that decides it.
我明天会凭记忆播放这个程序。
I’m gonna play the program from memory tomorrow.
没有乐谱,短指甲,像个真正的表演艺术家。
No sheet music, short nails, like a real performing artist.
你的枪掉了吗?
Did you drop your gun?
来吧。
Come on.
那就是我。
That’s me.
真的很可怕,警长。
Real scary, Sheriff.
——哇。
– Whoa.
——哇。
– Whoa.
你怎么做到的?
H-How’d you do that?
你怎么做到的?
How’d you do that?
——哇!
– Whoa!
走,傻瓜!
Go, Sammy!
这有点像我的工作,不是吗,
It’s kind of like what I do, isn’t it,
电影导演是做什么的?
what a movie director does?
-是吗?-我算出来了
– It is? – I figure out
我的部门需要完成的任务,
what my division needs to accomplish,
然后我再想办法让我的人完成
then I work out how my guys are gonna get it done.
是的,它是。是的,算是吧。
Yeah, it is. Yeah, sort of.
你是怎么让枪看起来真的在开火的?
How’d you make it look like the guns were really firing?
我用别针做的。
I did it with pins.
别针。
Pins.
是的,我用别针在胶片上戳了几个洞。
Yeah, I poked holes in the film with pins.
——萨米。-是的。
– Sammy. – Yeah.
像工程师一样思考。
Thinking like an engineer.
看着路,爸爸。
Watch the road, Dad.
萨米,看着路。
Sammy, watch the road.
没有编辑机我没法编辑。
I can’t edit without an editing machine.
我必须会剪切和拼接,而且我…
I have to be able to cut and splice, and I…
我们露营之后再去看看吧。
Let’s revisit it after the camping trip.
去国家森林公园要三个小时。
It’s three hours to the national forest.
如果你拿到驾照,你可以帮忙开车。
If you get your license, you can help with the driving.
好的。
Okay.
“你正在接近铁路道口
“You are approaching a railroad crossing
没有警报装置,能见度有限。
“with no warning devices and limited visibility.
速度限制是……”
The speed limit is…”
问题是,关于我的新电影,
See, the thing is, though, about my new movie,
只是…
is that it’s just…
是关于第二次世界大战,你的战争。
It’s about World War II, your war.
这将会是,世界上最棒的。
It’s gonna be, like, out of this world.
我用Bolex H8拍摄。
I’m shooting on a Bolex H8.
最后,我可以使用双跑胶片。
Finally, I can use double run film.
你知道,那是六分钟
You know, that’s six minutes
不用换卷轴。
without having to change the reel.
你租这台照相机花了多少钱?
How much did you spend to rent this camera?
– 20美元。但我用的是自己的钱。-
– 20 bucks. But I used my own money. –
-你不必…
– You don’t have to…
这个电影编辑器要多少钱?
And this movie editor gizmo costs?
曼斯菲尔德八毫米电影剪辑器。
It’s a Mansfield eight millimeter movie editor.
多少钱?
How much?
– 80美元。-去你的,萨米!
– 80 bucks. – Doggone it, Sammy!
100美元就为了一个爱好?
A hundred dollars for a hobby?
这不是爱好,爸爸。
It’s not a hobby, Dad.
如果你花一半的时间在代数上
If you spent half the time on algebra that you spend on
-这些电影,你可以…——代数吗?我讨厌代数。
– these movies, you could get… – Algebra? I hate algebra.
你为什么…
Why are you…
这完全没有意义。
It’s completely pointless.
如果你想做点什么,这不是没有意义的。
Not if you want to make something, it’s not pointless.
天啊,萨米,当我还是个孩子的时候,我总是想,
Gee, Sammy, when I was a boy, I always used to think,
-“有人知道怎么做这个了。”-是的。
-“Somebody figured out how to make this.” -Yeah.
-这辆车…——嗯。
– This car… – Uh-huh.
...那个后视镜,那个方向信♥号♥♥。
…that rearview mirror, that directional signal.
不过,我想拍电影。
I want to make movies, though.
我指的是真实的东西。
I mean something real.
不是虚构的。
Not imaginary.
有人能用的东西。
Something someone can actually use.
就像驾照一样。
Like a driver’s license.
我要吐了,萨米!我要吐了!
I’m gonna vomit, Sammy! I’m gonna vomit!
萨米,请靠边停车。
Sammy, please pull over.
她会吐我一身的。
She’s gonna puke all over me.
——慢。你是最差的司机。
–Go slower. You are the worst driver.
你会把车弄坏的。
You’re gonna break the car.
我们在一条每小时三英里的小路上。
We’re on a back road going three miles per hour.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!