张开你的口,把基♥督♥的灵带进你里面。
Open your mouth and take the spirit of Christ into you.
莫妮卡,萨米,我做了零食。
Monica, Sammy, I made snacks.
-我们来了!
– We’re coming!
-哦…-明天放学后,
– Oh… – Tomorrow after school,
想在看台后面见面吗?
want to meet out back behind the bleachers?
-是的。——酷。
– Yeah. – Cool.
我们可以继续祈祷。
We can pray some more.
当我还是个小女孩的时候,我感到悲伤,
When I was a girl and I felt sad,
我会去动物园看猴子。
I’d go to the zoo and I’d watch the monkeys.
他们让你笑了?
They made you laugh?
是啊,是啊,猴子闪闪发光。
Yeah, yeah, the monkeyshines.
哦,但事情远不止这些。
Oh, but there was more to it than that.
这是……
It was…
他们知道我们对他们做了什么,
They understand what we’ve done to them,
笼子和人们的指指点点。
with the cages and the people pointing.
我们和他们分享这些,
We share that with them,
人们有多残忍♥的真♥相♥。
the truth of how cruel people are.
但如果你观察时间够长,
But if you watch them for long enough,
你可以看出他们知道一些我们无法想象的事情。
you can tell they know stuff we can’t begin to imagine.
重要的东西。
Important stuff.
他们不会让我们参与的
And they’re not gonna let us in on it
因为它属于他们。
’cause it belongs to them.
这是他们自己的把戏。
It’s their own monkey business.
他们的。不是我们的。这是……
Theirs. It’s not ours. It’s…
哦,我不知道。
Oh, I don’t know.
泰然自若。
Self-possession.
正确的。
Right.
他们属于他们自己。
They belong to themselves.
如果它属于自己,
If it belongs to itself,
让它回到原来的地方去。
let it go back to where it came from.
不管怎样,这就是我得到一只猴子的原因。
Anyway, that’s how come I got a monkey.
还有心理医生。
And a therapist.
他把大便扔出去。
He throws his poop.
治疗师吗?
The therapist?
不,是猴子。
No, the monkey.
所以我才要住酒店。
That’s why I’m staying in a hotel.
你不必这么做。我们有足够的房♥间。
You don’t have to. We have plenty of room.
我在新泽西的拉比说
My rabbi in New Jersey says
家里有猴子是不合适的。
a monkey in the house isn’t kosher.
所以我们才不打算吃他。
That’s why we’re not going to eat him.
你安排他打小儿麻痹疫苗了吗?
Did you schedule him for his polio vaccine?
-他们会得小儿麻痹症?-把豌豆递给我。
– They can get polio? – Pass the peas.
他们几乎什么都容易受影响
Well, they’re susceptible to pretty much everything
-人类是,所以是的。-他讨厌看兽医。
– humans are, so yes. – He hates going to the vet.
莫妮卡,在这个家,
You see, Monica, in this family,
这是科学家和艺术家之间的较量。
it’s the scientists versus the artists.
萨米是我这边的。
Sammy’s on my team.
像我,但他有真正的天赋。
Takes after me, except he’s got real talent.
妈妈。
Mom.
他在科学方面很差劲。
And he’s completely terrible at science.
嗯,还有代数。
Mm. And algebra.
和运动。
And sports.
-你能不能别说了?-他给我看了他的相机。
– Will you please stop? – He showed me his camera.
-他擅长接吻吗?
– Is he good at kissing?
-我一会儿告诉你。-闭嘴!
– I’ll tell you later. – Shut up!
-他睡觉时枕头下有个相机。-不,我没有。
– He sleeps with a camera under his pillow. -No, I don’t.
但他拒绝拍任何东西。
But he refuses to actually shoot anything.
他应该拍《沟渠日》。
He should shoot Ditch Day.
-嗯,嗯。-他们还没有摄影师。
– Mm. Mm-mm. -They still don’t have a photographer.
-你可以做志愿者。-什么是逃课日?
– You could volunteer. – What’s Ditch Day?
没关系。我不去了。
It doesn’t matter. I’m not going.
这是高年级学生在年底要做的事。
Something seniors get to do at the end of the year.
他们让我们假装逃学,
They let us pretend like we’re ditching school,
我们都坐公交车去圣克鲁斯海滩。
and we all take buses to Santa Cruz Main Beach.
你必须离开!每个人都是。
You have to go! Everyone goes.
我爸爸会把他的照相机借给你。
My dad will lend you his camera.
超级豪华。
It’s super fancy.
要花一千美元。
Costs like a thousand dollars.
它叫,就像…一个“空气”之类的东西。我忘了。
It’s called, like, a… an “Air” something. I forget.
-等等,不是阿瑞弗莱克斯。——正确的。
– Wait, not an Arriflex. – Right.
你♥爸♥爸有一把16毫米的阿瑞弗莱克手♥枪♥?
Your dad owns a 16 millimeter Arriflex?
哇。哇,好吧。所以,16毫米的库存…
Wow. Wow, okay. So, 16 millimeter on stock…
看,通常是老师拍的《沟日》电影,
See, usually it’s the teacher who shoots the Ditch Day movie,
-这是个大笑话。-一卷2分45秒。
– and it’s a big joke. -That’s two minutes, 45 seconds a roll.
一卷十块钱,一整天,
At ten bucks a roll, for a whole day, that would be,
-贵得离谱。-我欠你一张毕业支票。
– like, insanely expensive. – I owe you a graduation check.
我爸会让学校出钱的。
My dad will get the school to pay for it.
我还需要租一台16毫米的剪辑机,
And I need to rent a 16 millimeter editing machine,
我不知道这要花多少钱
and I have no idea how much that costs,
-所以这行不通了我爸爸会给你租一辆的。
– so it’s not gonna work. – My dad will rent one for you.
我们可以租,不管花多少钱,对吧?
Uh, we can rent it, whatever it costs, right?
伯特。
Burt.
你的Bolex怎么了?
Uh, what’s wrong with your Bolex?
你可以稍微鼓励一下。
You could afford to be a little encouraging.
关于什么?
About what?
说他又拍电影了。
About him making movies again.
我可没这么说。我只是说说……
Well, I didn’t say that. I’m just talking…
-也许他已经放下了-从什么开始?
– Maybe he’s moved on. – On from what?
我们来后他一次都没拿起相机。
He hasn’t picked up his camera once since we got here.
他今年九月就要上大学了。
He’ll be going to college this September.
也许他的感觉变了。
Maybe his feelings about it have changed.
他长大了。我对此很有热情。
He’s growing up. I’m enthusiastic about that.
拍摄是他的爱好。
Filming is what he loves.
-我不认为他…-我的天啊。我很抱歉。
– I don’t think him… – Oh, Jesus Christ. I’m sorry.
伙计们,能别再提我了吗?
Guys, can we please just stop talking about me?
我觉得你比任何人都要坚强,
I’d think that you, more than anyone,
应该对什么是…
should have some understanding of what a…
我们去你家吧。
Let’s go to your place or something.
也许你♥爸♥爸可以让我看看摄像机。
Maybe your dad can show me the camera.
-…一个职业,一个使命。-好吧。好吧。
– …a vocation, a-a calling is. – All right. All right.
我们将把设备租给他。
We’ll rent him the equipment.
他讨厌海滩。
He hates the beach.
所以他才不想去逃课日。
That’s why he doesn’t want to go to Ditch Day.
但这不是你的使命。
But it’s not your calling.
所以你才不能尊重它吗?
Is that why you can’t, uh, respect it?
我尊重一切
I have respect for everything
-他工作很努力。-他很害怕。
– he works hard doing. – He’s afraid.
他害怕如果他这么做,那些人会再揍他一顿。
He’s scared if he does, those guys will beat him up again.
什么?不,我不是。我从没说过我怕他们。
What? No, I’m not. I never said that I was scared of them.
-但你没有。-你被打了?
– You don’t, though. – You got beat up?
你总是忽略他做的事,其他人做的事,
You always dismiss what he does, what anyone does,
作为消遣或爱好的有趣的或富有想象力的。
that’s playful or imaginative as a pastime or a hobby.
你已经赢了,米茨。
You already won, Mitz.
我投降了。我不会上当的。
I surrendered. I’m not taking the bait.
你们能别吵了吗?
Can you guys please just cut it out?
-谁在骗谁?-你让我很尴尬。
– Oh, who’s baiting who? – You’re embarrassing me.
我说过我会带他去打脊髓灰质炎疫苗的前五次
I said I’d take him for his polio shot the first five times
-你问过我,不是吗?-好吧,你说你会
– you asked me, didn’t I? – Well, you say you will,
但我猜你不是这个意思,所以我再问一遍
but I guess you don’t mean it, so I ask again
一遍又一遍。-他害怕打♥针♥。
– and again and again. – He’s scared of shots.
-他害怕医生。
– He’s scared of the doctor.
我要带这该死的猴子去看兽医,好吗?
I am taking the goddamn monkey to the vet, okay?
可能需要镇定剂
Probably needs a tranquilizer
大家都在大喊大叫。
with all this yelling.
你能问问你♥爸♥爸借照相机吗?
Can you ask your dad about borrowing the camera?
他会答应的。
He’ll say yes.
谢谢你!
Thank you.
我在拍摄《沟渠日》。
I’m filming Ditch Day.
我认为这是个好主意。
I think it’s a great idea.
——好!
– Nice!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!