– Aye. True. – True enough.
是啊
Come on.
走吧
Well… I-It will be measured again. I mean, eh…
哦,应该再测量一下的。我是说
Perhaps we’ll even come back through here on our return, and…
或许我们回来路过…
You won’t be back.
你们不会回来的了
This isn’t a place that people like you come back to.
这不是你们那样的人回来的地方
Well, I’ll try. I’ll really try.
我会的,我真的会试试
“I’ll try”? Is that the best you can do?
试试,这就是你能尽力做的吗?
After all they’ve done.
他们已经做了
All this work.
所有的工作
How would you like them to say it failed because of you?
如果他们说,这都是因为你失败了,你怎么想?
But what am I supposed to do? Measure it in the dark?
但是怎么办呢?在黑暗中测量?
Wait up here ’til the first light of dawn, and th-then race down…
等到天亮,然后跑下去?
The sun’s up at 5:00.
五点钟太阳就出来了
That’s only a few hours away.
就几个小时的路程
I’d keep you company.
我陪你
W-Well, i-if it is that late, and, uh,
如果真那么晚了
a-and the sun will be up soon, I, uh…
太阳马上就出来的话
I mean, I may as well stay here and, uh, wait for dawn.
我是说,我可以呆在这里等待天亮
Uh, after all, we’ve come this far.
毕竟我们已经做了那么多
– Good night.
– 晚安
Drink, Blod?
喝一杯?Blod
Good night, Morgan.
晚安,Morgan
They’re in chapel. It’s Sunday. What’s yours?
他们在教堂。今天是礼拜天。你要些啥?
And so it was that Betty and Anson stayed a night on Ffynnon Garw.
就这样 Betty 和 Anson 在富农山顶上呆了一晚
Now you know what the Welsh say about people…
现在你知道威尔士人怎么说那些
who stay on mountain peaks at night, don’t you?
在山顶上过夜的人了吧?
They become poets, madmen, very, very wise, or…
他们成了诗人,狂人,非常聪明,或者…
And when they descended, it was to announce…
当他们下山时,宣布了
that Ffynnon Garw was indeed a mountain… of 1,002 feet…
富农山确实是一座大山,有1002英尺高
and that they were engaged to be married.
他们还订婚了
Yes, it was an odd courtship,
是啊,这是一次不寻常的求婚
but one befitting a man who went up a hill…
但对这个人很合适,上去时是一座土丘
but came down a mountain.
但下来时就是一座大山了
And should you think this is just a shaggy-dog story…
你也许会觉得这个故事很杂乱
told by a senile man to his young, impressionable grandson,
是一个年迈老人讲给年少无知的小孙孙的
I’d ask you to come to South Wales,
那我请你来逛一下威尔士南部
to the village where I was born.
那个我出生的村庄
And as you drive north from Cardiff,
当你从Cardiff驾车向北
look for the first big hill…
寻找那座最大的山
not just a hill, but a mountain…
不只是一个丘,而是一座山
and the children of the people who built it.
是这些人的后代建造的
However, just before this film was made, the mountain was remeasured…
然而,就在这部影片制♥作♥完成的时候,又重新测量了一下山峰
and found to be 997 feet.
发现只有997英尺了
Thus the mound had settled back into a hill.
这就是说,山又变丘了
A hill?
丘?!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!