Be optimistic. Now go on. Dig. Fill that third one, quick.
乐观点。继续挖。快填满第三桶
Ask some house on the way into Cardiff. You can’t miss it.
去叫些Cardiff路上的人来,不会错的
But, Morgan, I’m workin’ nights.
Morgan,我晚上要干活的
There’s some of us workin’ day and night.
有人还昼夜不停地工作呢
I don’t want to be telling people it all failed because of Tommy Twostroke.
我不想跟人家说,事情是坏在Tommy手里的
Capital, capital.
太好了,太好了
Right. Let me just get my tools.
好了,我去拿工具
And when we were talking about Llywelyn the Last, you will remember that…
当我们提起末代 Llywelyn,你们该记住
– Come in.
进来
– We’ve come for the children. – We need them at home.
我们来接孩子。我们要带回家
Well, this is most irregular.
这太不像话了
Refreshments! Anyone in need of refreshments?
吃的!有谁要吃的?
Ahem.
Go on. Go on home.
走吧,回家吧
I can’t say I like this village. It’s altogether far too quiet.
我不喜欢这个村子,太安静了
Yes, I noticed. I rather like it.
我感觉到了,我挺喜欢的
Do you think he has a clue about what he’s doing?
你知道他在做什么吗?
Well, h-h-he’s certainly stripping it with great confidence.
显然是在信心十足地拆装
– I know, but… – I’m afraid I don’t know the first thing about motorcars.
– 我知道,只是… – 我其实不是很懂汽车
Unfortunately, neither do I.
很不幸,我也是
Aha! I think, gentlemen, I’ve found the problem.
啊!先生们,我找到毛病了
Ahem. Yeah.
And what’s that?
那是啥
Well, I don’t know the English word, but in Welsh,
哦,我不知道英文叫啥,不过在威尔士
we call it a… a bethangalw.
我们叫bethangalw
– A what? – A “bairthandgaloo.”
– 什么? – bairthandgaloo?
– Yeah. Close enough. – And, um, where can we get a replacement?
– 是啊,差不多。 – 嗯,哪里能找到替换么?
– Ooh, Cardiff. – Cardiff!
能,Cardiff
We’ll send Tommy Twostroke when he gets back.
我们可以等Tommy回来后叫他去
Right.

– Tommy! – I thought that…
– Tommy!我想…
Never mind what you thought. What the hell are you doin’ here?
别管了。你在这里干啥?
– Morgan sent me. – What does Morgan want? It’s Thursday. I’ve got my work.
– Morgan叫我来。 – Morgan想干啥?今天星期二,我要干活
– He wants you to come right away. – And lose my job?
– 他想要你现在就来。 – 丢下工作?
It’s an emergency. He said, “Tell her I can’t do it without her.”
紧急情况。他说,告诉她没有她不行
– Can’t do without me? – Mmm, something like that.
– 没有我不行? – 嗯,差不多是那样
Ha’penny change. Thank you.
找你零钱。谢谢
– Ah! Mornin’, Reverend. – Don’t you “Good mornin’, Reverend” me.
– 早,牧师。 – 别跟我说『早,牧师』
This is typical.
– 本性难移啊
While the entire village… with the notable exception of Davies the School…
整个村子 —— 除了自命不凡的教书匠Davies
toil in this heroic task,
都在为这个英雄壮举艰苦工作的时候
you have applied your labor to, to, to making a profit…
你竟然拼命搞创收
and to further disseminating the evil of alcohol.
而且散播酒精恶毒
Now, now, Reverend. I think the heat is getting to your good temper.
牧师,我觉得是这热天气,影响了你的好脾气
– I’m supplyin’ a service.
我是在提供服务
A true service would be free.
真正的服务是免费的
Trust me. I’m making no profit.
相信我,我没有赚钱
Oh-ho-ho, dear.
天呐
Trust you? The day has yet to dawn…
相信你?除非太阳从西边出来了
when I will trust you.
我就会相信你
Oh, come on, George. It’s not the end of the world.
好啦,George,这不是世界末日
Just means we’ll have to stay here for another few days.
只是我们要在这里多呆几天
Is there any transport for hire at all?
这里可以租到其它交通工具吗?
No, everything’s being used, um, for the, uh…
没有,都用着呢,嗯…
Yes? For the what?
是吗?为啥?
– The war. – Oh, the war. Yes.
战争。是啊
I thought I heard a train last night.
我昨晚好像听到火车声了
So is there a railway station here?
是不是附近有火车站?
– Well, uh… – It’s a simple question.
一个简单的问题
Is there or is there not a railway station?
附近有火车站吗?
Well, not really.
不算有
Not really?
不算有?
– Ah. Morning.
– 早
Do you have a train timetable?
有火车时刻表吗?
– Trains? – Yes, trains.
火车?
Uh, you’re English, are you?
你们是英国人吧?
Anson?
Uh, yes. Yes, we are, yes. Um,
是啊,我们是
and we… we’d like to catch a train.
我们想坐火车
Ah. No trains.
啊。没有火车
Good God, man, I just heard one.
天啊,我刚听到
They’re coal. There’s coal trains all day, coal trains all night.
那是运煤的车。整天整夜都运煤
But no passenger trains.
但是没有客车
– Don’t see any passengers, do you?
– 你见过旅客吗?有吗?
Meat pies!
肉馅饼
Apples! Pears!
苹果!梨!
Now, now.
此刻
The Good Lord took a day to divide heaven and earth.
上帝花了一天时间分开了天和地
We can’t expect to do better.
我们做得很好了
And, and, and we’ve broken the back of it.
而且我们完成了最艰难的部分
– That’s the important thing. – We haven’t broken the back of it.
– 这是最重要的。 – 我们没有完成最难的。
Yes, we have.
不,我们完成了
We’re almost up to 14 feet.
我们完成了差不多14英尺
We’ll need more as we get higher and the base grows wider.
想要更高的话,底下也要更大
– He’s right.
– 他说得对
Pessimists, all of you. And you!
悲观啊,你们都是,还有你
– You! You said it would rain. – And it will.
– 你!你说会下雨。 – 要下的
God, dear. Ohh.
天啊
Morgan, what the devil’s goin’ on? I have Tommy Twostroke…
Morgan,到底有什么事?我让Tommy
comin’ to the house with a desperate message.
捎去一个让人绝望的消息
Desperate! That’s the word, Betty.
绝望。说得好,Betty
Desperate times, desperate measures, desperate Englishmen.
绝望的时刻,绝望的测量,绝望的英国人
You had better not be suggestin’ what I think you’re suggestin’.
你最好不是我想的那个意思
Oh. Hello.
你好
Um…
Sorry. Could I, um, possibly have a glass of beer?
对不起,能要一杯啤酒吗?
– Do I look like a barmaid? – Barmaid? Never!
– 我像是一个女招待吗? – 绝对不
I’m surprised at you, Mr. Anson, makin’ a mistake like that.
我很惊讶,Anson先生,犯了这么一个错误
This is our honored guest, Miss Elizabeth.
这是我们的贵客,Elizabeth小姐
I’m sorry. I simply assumed because you were behind the bar…
对不起,你在吧台后面,我以为是呢
Well, I like my regulars to feel that this isn’t a pub. It’s a home away from home.
这就像我经常觉得的,这不是一个酒吧,而像一个远方的家
– Home? – Back so soon? Shame.
– 家? – 这么快就回来了?真可惜
Difficulty with the breathing again? Terrible trouble with her chest.
呼吸又困难了?她胸部有问题
I knew you were returnin’ to Cardiff too soon. I told you so.
我知道你刚回的Cardiff,我就知道
She soldiers on under adversity.
她在为困境争斗
What can I get you to drink, huh?
想喝些啥?
– Pint of bitter, please. – Coming up.
– 苦啤,谢谢。 – 马上就好
And put it on my account.
我请客
Your account?
你请客?
To show there’s no hard feelings.
表示一下友善
Oh, really, there’s no need for that.
哦,真的,不用了
Thank you anyway. Um, Reginald Anson.
不过谢谢你,我叫Reginald Anson
Elizabeth. Miss. And it would be my pleasure.
Elizabeth,小姐。我很荣幸
Well, there. Enjoy your drinks. I’m sure you’ve a lot to talk about.
好了,请享用。你们好好聊
Oh…
Uh, I’m afraid Mr. Morgan…
我觉得Morgan先生
does so like to discuss one’s private matters in public.
很喜欢在大庭广众聊私事
Terribly bad taste, I find.
太没有品位了
Quite common.
太俗气了
Well… You can rely on me for complete discretion.
哦,你可以相信我的判断力
I’m sure. Now, would you excuse me?
当然。失陪一下?
I gave up my first real, honest job!
我放弃了我第一份真正的、老实的工作
Mr. Garrad, sir!
Garrad先生!
Ah, excuse me.
对不起
What can I do you for?
要帮忙吗?
Anson. There’s dirty work at the crossroads.
Anson,这里有见不得人的勾当
I just spoke to Morgan about staying another night,
我刚跟Morgan说再呆一晚上
and he wasn’t the least bit surprised.
他竟然一点都不惊讶
Oh, no, no, no. You shouldn’t jump to conclusions.
不,不要这么快下结论
Williams the Garage Man had already told him that the car was inoperable.
修车的Williams早跟他说了,汽车无法修理
He had? Oh, I see.
是吗?明白了
One can’t be too careful in foreign climes.
人在外地应该多加留意的
– Well, it’s only Wales, George. – It’s still foreign, Reginald.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!