– Well, this is… – No, listen.
让他说
In France…
在法国
In France, we dug trenches ten miles long.
我们挖的战壕,有10英里长
We took earth from here and built hills there.
我们从这挖土,在那堆成山
We moved fields. You wouldn’t believe what we did.
我们移走了田地,这很难让人相信
It’s possible. It’s just hard work.
这能行,只是很辛苦
I’ll help.
我会帮忙
And that’s how it all started.
就这样开始了
The Reverend had an idea, but Morgan had a better one, which the Reverend altered…
牧师有了个主意,Morgan有个更好的,牧师又改了下…
and Johnny believed possible.
随后Johnny相信能成
Of course, it didn’t change the fact that Morgan the Goat…
当然,这并不改变有些现状
wouldn’t talk to Reverend Jones…
Morgan依然不跟Jones牧师讲话
and Reverend Jones wouldn’t talk to Morgan the Goat.
Jones牧师也不会理睬Morgan
And Johnny could rarely talk to anyone.
还有Johnny依然很少说话
Sergeant.
警官
– Gentlemen. – Mr. Anson.
– 先生们。 – Anson先生
On behalf of the village, we would like to convince you to persuade Mr. Garrad…
我们代表整个村子,希望你能劝说Garrad先生
to stay longer and measure the mountain again.
多呆几天,然后再测量一下山峰
Again? Well, I-I’m sorry, but I think today’s reading was accurate.
再测量?很抱歉,我觉得今天的测量很精确了
We’re going to add 20 feet.
我们打算增高20英尺
– [Anson] What do you mean add 20 feet? – ‘Tis legal, isn’t it?
– 什么叫增高20英尺? – 合法吧?
Heights of other mountains sometimes include burial mounds.
其它山的高度,有时会包括土堆吧?
– Even coal tips. – Aye! – Uh, well, now that is true…
– 甚至是煤窑。 – 是这样的
that permanent features are sometimes allowed, but, uh…
固定的东西有时是可以的…
Good. Twenty feet it is then.
好!那就20英尺了
We can’t possibly wait while you, uh,
可能来不及等你们
add 20… 20 feet.
增高20英尺了
– I mean, how are you going to do this? – Never you mind.
– 我是说,怎么增高? – 这个你不用操心
We’ll manage. You just convince Mr. Garrad.
我们有办法。你只管说服Garrad先生
Uh, n-no, I know I’d be wasting my breath.
我知道这是白费口舌
We have a very tight schedule, and, um, Mr. Garrad’s very eager to get on.
我们日程很紧,Garrad先生想早日启程
– All we’re asking… – No, it’s very late, so if you don’t mind,
– 我们只是请求 – 不,太晚了,不介意的话
we will be leaving first thing in the morning.
我们一早就出发
Thank you.
谢谢
– Aye, it’s a damn shame, man. – Don’t worry. They’re not goin’ anywhere.
– 太可惜了。 – 别担心,他们走不了
Sorry, Morgan? I missed that.
什么。Morgan?我没有听见
I must be goin’ deaf in this ear, man.
我这只耳朵肯定是不好使了
– I said good night, Sergeant. – Aye, aye.
– 我说,晚安,警官。 – 好
Good night now.
晚安
– Morgan? – I need two pounds of sugar.
我需要2磅糖
– Two pounds! – Shh!
– 2磅?!
– It’s rationed. – I know it’s rationed.
– 那是定量供应的。 – 我知道
Come on, Ivor. This is a national emergency.
求你了,Ivor,这是国家要事
Yes, but… two pounds?
是,但是,2磅?
I don’t want to have to tell people that it failed because of you, Ivor.
我不想跟人家说,是你坏了大事,Ivor
So, are they stayin’?
他们留下吗?
Oh, I, uh, I think I won them over, my love.
我想是的,亲爱的
I think I won them over.
我想是的
For God’s sake, Anson, crank harder.
上帝啊,Anson,使劲转
I am doing my very best. Perhaps you’d like to have a try.
我已经使劲了,要么你来试试
I’d hate for you to have to exert yourself a little bit.
你自己要是多做一点就好了
– What did you say?
说啥?
Trouble, gentlemen?
有麻烦了,先生们?
Uh, yes. I’m afraid so.
是啊,恐怕是的
Oh. Dear, oh, dear, oh, dear.
天啊
Uh, Mr. Morgan. By the way,
Morgan先生,顺便问一下
I was wondering: What happened to the, uh, the flagpole?
我很好奇,那根旗杆怎么了?
Dry rot.
干腐掉了
Dry rot? In Wales?
干腐?在威尔士?
– That looks more than 20 foot, man. – Oh, it’s 20.
– 看起来不止20英尺啊。 – 就是20。
– Bloody hell. We’re gonna need a lot of earth to cover that.
该死的,我们要很多泥土来填埋了。
– It is not 9:00…
还不到9点呢
– Good morning. – Reverend Jones.
– 早。 – Jones牧师
Uh, am I disturbing you?
打扰了吗?
I thought you were one of the children.
我还以为是孩子呢
Oh.
Ah.
Just what we need to talk about.
我们来谈一谈
Today is an historic day.
今天是历史性的一天
Historic!
历史性的
A day which generations will talk about…
后代将纪念的一天
for years to come!
千载难逢
– Is there news from the front? – No.
– 是前线有消息了吗? – 不是
The news is here.
事情就在这里
The news is up there.
就在那上面
Today…
今天
we are building a mountain!
我们要造一座山
And I want your pupils to help.
我要你的学生们一起来帮忙
My pupils. To labor.
我的学生,当苦力
To help you falsify the height of a…
去帮你伪造高度
To falsify? Oh, Mr. Davies,
伪造?Davies先生
both your sense of community and your vocabulary…
你的集体意识,比起你的知识
leave much to be desired.
差得太远了
– So?
怎么样?
Well what?
怎样?
Well, difficult to tell.
不好说
And by now, you’ve probably flooded it.
可能是进水了
We’d best leave it for ten minutes.
等10分钟看看
Fancy a drink?
喝一杯?
Forgive me, Lord.
主啊,原谅我
No, they know not what they do, as you said.
正如您所说,我们不知道自己都干了啥
There you are. I’ve been standin’ at that bar like a lemon.
你在这里啊,我在酒吧杵了好久了
I’m busy. Refreshments.
我正忙着呢,吃的
– Hey, get that.
拿过来
– What shall I say to them? – Don’t say anything.
– 跟他们怎么说? – 什么也别说
Just push it to the garage and take the engine apart.
推到车♥库♥,拆开引擎
Yeah, but I’ve never taken one of these apart. It isn’t a two-stroke.
这些个我一个都没有看到过,不是二冲程的
– Now’s your chance to learn. – What if I can’t put it back together again?
– 这是个学习的机会 – 如果我装不回去了怎么办?
You’ll have done a great service.
你会做得很好的
All right, let’s get this down to the garage, eh?
好了,我们把车推到车♥库♥去吧?
Ah, bloody hell.
该死的
– Quite. – When it rains it pours, eh?
– 是啊。 – 雪上加霜,呃?
So, do you know who’s behind this?
你知道是谁干的吗?
I don’t know what you’re suggesting.
我不知道你在说啥
What I am suggesting, Mr. Williams,
我是说,Williams先生
is that our problems seem highly coincidental…
我们的麻烦,看起来跟我把你们的山,鉴定成了丘
with my qualification of your mountain as a hill.
有很大的关系
I am beginning to suspect childish revenge, bad sportsmanship…
我开始怀疑这是幼稚的报复,糟糕的道德风范
Stop! Now stop before you say something that you will regret.
停!再说下去你会后悔的
Yes, it’s true a lot of people are upset,
是的,大家都很不高兴
but to think that anyone would…
但想想有人会…
Mr. Garrad, sir, we are an honorable people.
Garrad先生,我们可是体面人
I’m sorry.
我很抱歉
It just seems very, very odd.
只是看起来很奇怪,非常奇怪
Well, let’s forget that for now, get this down to the garage.
好了,忘了这些吧,把车推到车♥库♥
And, um, how long do you think the repairs will take exactly?
嗯,究竟需要多久才能修好?
Oh, I’ll, uh… I’ll have you on your way in no time.
我会让你尽快上路
Good. Because otherwise, we shall have to make alternative arrangements.
好的,否则,我们要做另外安排了
No need for that, gentlemen.
不需要,先生们
Now if you’d kindly remove your luggage…
现在最好能把行李搬走
and push me.
然后推我
Push?

Push.

– Tommy in? – He’s sleepin’. Night shift.
– Tommy在吗? – 他在睡觉,昨天夜班
– I have to see him. – He’s not going anywhere for you.
– 我要找他。 – 他不会离开的
Wake him, woman! This is a matter of life and death!
叫醒他,婆娘,生死攸关的事情
Oh, very good, very good. Excellent.
很好,太好了
– Three buckets. Excellent, excellent. – Hello, hello.
3桶。太好了
– We’ve chosen a hot day for it. – Oh, better than rain.
– 挑了个大热天。 – 总比下雨好
But it’s going to rain later.
不过要下雨了
Well, all the better to refresh us, you see.
那更能激励我们

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!