哪儿都无所谓 反正都睡不着
It doesn’t matter where I sleep. I don’t sleep.
我不知玛莉怎样对你说起我 但我倒不需要有人陪伴
I don’t know what Mary told you about me, but I don’t need company.
我用不着别人照顾我
I don’t need to be looked after.
楼下有一个人
There is a man downstairs.
他带了鸡蛋给我们 会留下来
He brought us eggs. He might stay.
干嘛? 他会生蛋吗?
Why? Can he lay eggs?
他是加拿大人
He’s Canadian.
人类为何老是喜欢他乡遇故知
Why are people always so happy when they collide with one from the same place?
在满地可遇到男人会怎样
What happened in Montreal when you passed a man in the street?
你邀请他跟你同居吗?
Did you invite him to live with you?
他不会打扰你的
He needn’t disturb you.
我已经被打扰了
He can’t. I’m already disturbed.
打仗嘛 从哪儿来倒也很重要
There’s a war. Where you come from becomes important.
干嘛这样说? 我不同意
Why? I hate that idea.
快弄好了
Ah! It’s gonna work.
慢慢来吧
Gently.
可以帮帮你吗?
Can I help?
弄好了
It’s finished.
你就是那个加拿大扒手吗?
So, you’re our Canadian pickpocket?
不如叫我做贼更恰当些
Thief I think is more accurate.
我知你到过非洲 哪一部分?
I understand you were in Africa. Whereabouts?
全都到过
Oh, all over.
全都?
All over?
我想到一隅之地也办不到
I kept trying to cover a very modest portion and still failed.
-你要把我们俩留在这儿? -是的
-Are you leaving us? -Yes.
我们有机会谈谈战争的创伤了
Now’s our opportunity to swap war wounds.
那我更加要走了
Then I’m definitely going.
她在战争时曾受过创伤吗?
Does she have war wounds?
爱她的人
I think anybody she ever loves…
都因她而死
tends to die on her.
-你想例外吗? -我?
-Are you planning to be the exception? -Me?
老兄
I think you’ve got…
你搞错了
the wrong end of the stick, old boy.
而且
So…
加纳
Caravaggio.
汉娜以为这名字是你自己改的
Hana thinks you invented your name.
你忘了你自己的名字
And you’ve forgotten yours.
我认为你不该改 这个滑稽的名字
I said that no one would ever invent such a preposterous name.
我认为你什么都可以忘记
And I said you can forget everything,
但总不能忘记自己的姓名吧?
but you never forget your name.
艾马殊伯爵
Count Almasy.
这名字你听过吗?
That name mean anything to you?
又或者凯瑟琳·基夫顿呢?
Or katharine Clifton?
对不起
Oh, I’m sorry.
-你花了多少钱买♥♥的 -噢 原来是你
-How much did you pay? -Oh, hello.
他们在集市上很少见到 外籍女士 你花了多少钱?
They don’t see foreign women in this market. How much did you pay?
大概七八块吧
Um, &7, &8, I suppose.
-哪家店铺? -干嘛?
-Which store? -Why?
你被骗了 放心 我们可以退回去的
You’ve been cheated. Oh, don’t worry, we’ll take it back.
我想不必了
I don’t want to take it back.
-这不值八块嘛 基夫顿太太 -我觉得物有所值
-This is not worth &8. -It is to me.
-你有讨价还价吗? -我不喜欢讨价还价
-Did you bargain? -I don’t care to bargain.
那就侮辱他们了
That insults them.
我不认为是 我倒觉得你被我侮辱了
I don’t believe that. I think that you’re insulted by me somehow.
我很乐意为你讨回一个公道
I’d be very happy to obtain the correct price for this.
我出言鲁莽 我愿意道歉
I apologize if I appear abrupt.
我倒忘了社交礼节
I’m rusty at social graces.
你觉得开罗怎么样?
How do you find Cairo?
-参观过金字塔吗? -失陪
-Did you visit the pyramids? -Excuse me.
见过狮身人面像吗?
Or the Sphinx?
纬度25 33 经度25 16
Latitude, 25, 33. Longitude, 25, 16.
我们想开车经过高化东北部 把飞机留在沙漠里
We attempt to drive northeast of kofer, we’ll leave our bones in the desert.
-不同意 -你是匈牙利人 老是固执
-I disagree. -You’re Hungarian. You always disagree.
午安
-Good evening, gentlemen. -Good evening.
你那位娇妻呢?
-How is your charming wife? -Marvelous.
她非常迷恋着 酒店的自来水设备
She’s in love with the hotel plumbing.
她在游泳池游了几小时
She’s either in the swimming pool. She swims for hours.
她像一条鱼 这次如鱼得水了 要不然也会泡在浴缸
She’s a fish. It’s quite incredible. Or she’s in the bath.
其实嘛 她就在外边
Actually, she’s just outside.
这间朗文酒吧只招待男士嘛
Chaps only in the Long Bar.
基夫顿太太
Mrs. Clifton.
你得原谅我们 我们不习惯有女士作伴
You’ll have to forgive us. We’re not accustomed to the company of women.
无所谓 反正我读书自得其乐
Not at all. I was thoroughly enjoying my book.
-他们都像闷闷不乐 -真的?
-The team is in mourning, darling. -Oh, really?
为旅途筹资金的事 运气不好
I’m afraid we’re not having much luck obtaining funds for the expedition.
那你打算怎么办?
Oh. Well, what’ll you do?
旅途上省吃俭用或者再等一年
More modest expedition, or even wait a year.
让家人知道 我们没有死掉就行了
-It’s a disaster. -Remind our families we still exist.
老天 马铎 你结了婚吗?
Good heavens, are you married, Madox?
我们全都成家立室了
Very much so. We all are.
-除了我的朋友艾马殊 -我觉得舒畅多了 你呢?
-Save my friend Almasy here. -I feel much better.
我们太过大男子主义了
Don’t you, darling? We were feeling rather self-conscious.
我们为不在场的妻子们干一杯
Let’s toast, then. Absent wives.
-为不在场的妻子们 -也为在场的嘛
– Absent wives. -And present ones.
为你未来的妻子吧
And future ones.
谢谢你
Thank you.
对不起 可以让给我吗?
Excuse me. May I?
-你昨天干嘛跟着我? -你说什么?
-Why did you follow me yesterday? -I’m sorry. What?
那之后你一直跟着我回到酒店
After the market, you followed me to the hotel.
我担心啊 一位女士置身开罗 何况是欧洲女士
I was concerned. A woman in that part of Cairo, a European woman.
-我是身不由己 -身不由己?
-I felt obliged to. -You felt obliged to?
况且是我们盟友的妻子
As the wife of one of our party.
那干嘛跟踪我呢? 你该做护花使者
So why follow me? Escort me, by all means.
跟踪女士 不是登徒子所为吗?
But following me is predatory, isn’t it?
我可以请你移开一下吗?
Could I askyou to move?
很对不起 我可以
I’m sorry, but I…
该道歉的是我
I’m sorry. Of course.
你移♥动♥时我
-It’s just when you move. -How stupid of me.
-受不了身上的压力 -你没事吧?
-I can’t really bear the pressure… -Are you all right?
我刚才做梦 可怕极了
I was dreaming. Awful.
汉娜
Hana.
汉娜 你没事吧?
Hana, are you all right?
别管我
Leave me alone.
你爱上了
You’re in love with him, aren’t you?
你那个可怜的病人吗?
Your poor patient.
你以为他是个圣人 因他被烧成那样
You think he’s a saint because of the way he looks.
我倒认为他绝对不是
I don’t think he is.
我并不是爱上他
I’m not so in love with him.
我爱上的是往事
I’m in love with ghosts.
他也是 他也爱上了追忆往事
So is he. He’s in love with ghosts.
是他把我的手弄成这样的
What if I told you he did this to me?
他怎会呢? 什么时候?
How could he have? When?
我就是他的往事 他浑然不知
I’m one of his ghosts, and he wouldn’t even know it.
-我不明白你的意思 -问你那圣人他究竟是谁
-I don’t know what that means. -Ask your saint who he is.
问问他杀过什么人吧
Ask him who he’s killed.
求你别呆在这里好吗?
Please, don’t creep around this house.
我认为他什么也没有忘掉
See, I don’t think he’s forgotten anything!
他只想抹去往事
I think he wants to forget!
各位 为绘制地图干杯!
Gentlemen, to mapmaking.
为地图干杯
To mapmaking!
尤其要感谢杰佛和凯瑟琳
And a special thankyou to Geoffrey and katharine,
没有他俩筹得基金的壮举 我们早就一筹莫展了
without whose fund-raising heroics, we’d still be kicking our heels.
为压力干杯
-To arm-twisting. – Arm-twisting.
杰佛要飞回开罗了
Did katharine say Geoffrey has to fly back to Cairo?
要投桃报李 我会拍几张♥军♥中的照片拿回去
Return the favor. Take a few photographs for the army.
什么类型的照片?
Oh, um, what kind of photographs?
肖像
Portraits.
准将夫妇的肖像
The brigadier, the brigadier’s wife,
准将的爱犬 金字塔旁的准将 还有准将的愿望
the brigadier’s dog, brigadier by the pyramids, brigadier breathing.
我一定会弄得昏头昏脑
And I shall, of course, be bereft.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!