Particular hymns.
我很清楚自己会葬身何处
And I know exactly where I want to be buried.
我会葬在童年成长时的花♥园♥里
In our garden, where I grew up…
眺望碧海 波光闪闪
with a view of the sea.
答应我你会回来接我
So promise me you’ll come back for me.
我答应你…
I promise…
我一定回来接你
I’ll come back for you.
我答应你…
I promise…
我绝不会舍你而去
I’ll never leave you.
你有很多淡水
You have plenty of water…
还有干粮
and, um, food.
我替你打开
I’ll open them for you.
你还有好书可以读
A good read.
别浪费电力
Don’t waste this.
你埋了杰弗里好吗?
Will you bury Geoffrey?
我知道他死了
I know he’s dead.
我也很难过
I’m sorry, katharine.
我知道
I know.
每个晚上
Every night…
我都心如刀割
I cut out my heart.
但到了早上我又重拾心情了
But in the morning it was full again.
亲爱的
Darling.
我亲爱的
My darling.
你最好八点半准备好
You’d better be ready about half past 800
事不宜迟了
Now, honey Don’t you be late
我要在乐队奏乐前及时赶到
I’m going to be there when the band starts playing
还记得当日情景吗?
Remember When we get there, honey
我们都被邀请参加盛大舞会
An invitation to the strutter’s ball
真是气派豪华 极一时之盛
A very swell affair
云集着的都是高尚人士
All the highbrows will be there
我曾召一辆计程车来接你
I’ll be down to get you in a taxi, honey
我分别在中午和黎明时睡觉
I stopped at noon and at twilight.
我对她说步行要三天
Three days there on foot, I told her,
然后乘车只要三小时就赶回去
and three hours back by car.
切勿走开
Don’t go anywhere.
我一定会赶回去的
I’ll be back.
我一定会赶回去的
I’ll be back.
他是刚从沙漠里走出来的
Just walked in from the desert, sir.
早安
Morning.
老天 你从哪里来的?
Dear golly, where have you come from then?
有人出事了
There’s been an accident.
我需要找个医生
I need a doctor…
要个医生跟我去一趟 我要借这辆车
to come with me, and I need to borrow this car.
当然 我会付钱的
I’ll pay, of course.
-我需要吗♥啡♥ -我可以看看你的证件吗?
-And I need… I need morphine. -May I see your papers, sir?
什么?
What?
我们想看看你的证明文件
If I could just see some form of identification.
我说话糊里糊涂 对不起
I’m sorry, I’m not making sense. Forgive me, I… I’m not…
请原谅 我走了几天的路
I’ve been walking and…
有个女人在山洞里伤势严重 就是那个泳者洞穴
A woman is badly injured at the Gilf kabir, the Cave of Swimmers.
我是皇家地理学会的会员
I’m a member of the Royal Geographical Society.
好
Right.
我想记下你的姓名
Now, if I could… just take your name.
艾马殊伯爵
Count Laszlo de Almasy.
艾马殊 你把名字拼给我听吧
“Almasy.” Would you mind spelling that for me?
-你仔细听我讲 -你是什么国籍的人呀?
-Look, listen to me, will you? -What nationality would that be?
有个女人快要死了 我妻子快要死了
A woman is dying. My wife is dying.
我一直步行
I have been… walking…
我一直步行了三天三夜
I have been walking for three days.
我没有心情拼写我的姓名
I do not want to spell my name.
-我要你把这辆车给我 -我明白你心急如焚
-I want you to give me this car. -I understand you’re agitated.
坐下吧 我们要先拍无线电给总部
Perhaps if you’d like to sit down, I can radio back to H.Q.
不 别这样 不必拍电报了
No. No, don’t… Don’t radio anybody!
快把那辆他妈的车子给我!
Just give me the fucking car!
把车停下 有个女人快死了!
Stop the car, please. A woman is dying!
听着 德国鬼子 你再开口
Listen, Fritz, if I have to listen to another word from you,
我就打到你跪地求饶!
I’m going to give you a fucking good hiding!
德国鬼子? 你在说什么?
Fritz? What are you talking about, Fritz?
那不是你的名字吗?
Well, that’s your name, isn’t it?
还自称什么鬼伯爵
Count Fuckin’ Asshole Von Bismarck!
-难道你是爱尔兰人不成? -求求你!
-What’s that supposed to be, Irish? -Please!
你们听我说啊! 凯瑟琳!
You have to listen! katharine!
凯瑟琳!
katharine!
对不起
Excuse me.
-我要上厕所 -你得等一下
-I also need to use the lavatory. -You’ll have to wait.
-我急得要命 -军士!
-It’s urgent. -Sarge!
德国鬼子要上厕所
Sarge, Jerry wants to use the lav.
他说他急得要命
Says it’s urgent.
-请问我们上哪儿去? -北上
-Where are we going, please? -Oh, up north to the coast.
班加西海岸 快要到了
Benghazi. Soon be there.
那你可以乘船回家了
You can get your boat back home then.
好 去吧 你带他去
All right, go on then. Here, you take him.
这辆火车把戏弄得筋疲力尽了
I’ve been up and down this bloody train all day.
门打不开
It doesn’t open.
你说得对
So yes,
她是因我而死的
she died because of me.
因为我爱她
Because I loved her.
因为我
Because I…
我的名字有问题
Because I had the wrong name.
-你没有再回到那个洞里去吗? -我回去了
-And you never got back to the cave? -I did get back.
我没有违背诺言
I kept my promise.
德军帮助了我
I was assisted by the Germans.
我们互相交换
There was a… a trade.
我有测绘用的地图
I had our expedition maps.
英军既然视我为敌
And after the British made me their enemy,
我就把地图给了他们的敌军
I gave their enemy our maps.
于是我回一沙漠…
So I got back to the desert…
找凯瑟琳…
and to katharine…
用的是马铎的英国飞机…
in Madox’s English plane…
加的却是德国汽油
with German gasoline.
抵达意大利后
When I arrived in Italy,
在我的病历表上他们写着
on my medical chart they wrote,
“英国病人”
“English Patient.”
真是滑稽 是吗?
Isn’t that funny?
波折重重后 我竟然变成了英国人
After all that, I became English.
你熬到早上 而毒药被化解了吧?
You get to the morning and the poison leaks away, doesn’t it?
那种毒药叫龙葵
Black nights.
-我还以为会把你毒死 -你不行的
-I thought I would kill you. -You can’t kill me.
因为我的心早就死了
I died years ago.
不 我现在还不能杀你
No, I can’t kill you now.
我们被派进驻佛罗伦萨北部
We’ve been posted. North of Florence.
我昨天不断在想
I was thinking yesterday…
昨天…
yesterday…
那个病人与哈迪
The patient and Hardy.
他们代表了英国优秀的一面
They’re everything that’s good about England.
我却说不出所以然
I couldn’t even say what that was.
我和哈迪谈不上两句话
We didn’t exchange two personal words,
而我们倒一起历过灾劫
and we’ve been together through some terrible things.
可怕的灾劫
Some terrible things.
他曾经和一个乡村姑娘订婚
He was engaged to a girl in the village.
我是说…
I mean…
他从来…
And us, he never once…
没问过我是否懂得 英国板球和印度爱经…
He didn’t ask me if I could spin the ball at cricket or kamasutra or…
我都不晓得自己在说些什么
I don’t even know what I’m talking about.
你爱上了他
You loved him.
凯瑟琳
katharine.
我还活着吗?
I’m still here.
你最好这样
You’d better be.
别期望过高
Don’t depend on it, will you?
存在我肺里的那一点气
That little bit of air in my lungs,
一天比一天稀薄了