His fiancee, sir.
-哈迪的未婚妻? -他一直不让大家知道
-Hardy’s? -He kept it a bit dark.
基普
kip?
基普 是我呀
kip, it’s me.
我对这件意外感到很难过
I’m so sorry about what happened.
可以和你谈谈吗? 基普?
Can I talk to you? kip?
你干嘛不说话?
kip, why won’t you talk to me?
噢 基普
Oh, kip.
让我进来啊!
Oh, let me come in!
汉娜告诉我你要走了
Hana tells me you’re leaving.
法庭要开审
There’s going to be trials.
他们要我当传译员
They want me to interpret.
他们不知我最怕上法庭的吗?
Don’t they know I’m allergic to courtrooms?
所以嘛…
So…
我遇上了医院的护理人员
I come across the hospital convoy.
他们找这件东西
They’re looking for this stuff.
这位护士 玛丽
This nurse, Mary,
告诉我你和汉娜的事
tells me about you and Hana…
你们躲藏在修道院找避难所
hiding in some monastery in…
你们怎么称呼来着?
What do you call it? Retreat?
还告诉我你怎样逃出沙漠
How you came out of the desert…
怎样被火灼伤 怎样连自己的姓名也忘掉
and you were burned and you didn’t remember your name,
可是你对每句歌♥词都很熟悉
but you knew the words to every song that ever was…
而且还有希罗多德写的书
and you had one possession: A copy of Herodotus.
书内藏有…
And it was filled…
信件和剪报
with letters and cuttings.
于是我知道就是你了
Then I knew it was you.
我?
Me?
我曾经在开罗大使♥馆♥…
I saw you…
见过你在那本书上写东西
writing in that book at the embassy in Cairo…
当年我的手指还在 你也有一张脸
when I had thumbs and you had a face…
有名有姓
and a name.
那我明白了
I see.
那时你还没投效德国 还未替隆美尔的间谍
Before you went over to the Germans, before you found a way to get Rommel’s spy
想到办法横越沙漠
across the desert and
打到英军总部
inside British headquarters.
他倒拍了些挺不错的照片
He took some pretty good photographs.
我在酷刑室里见到我的照片
I saw mine in that torture room in Tobruk.
这件事令我难以忘怀
So, it made an impression.
我遵守诺言 重返沙漠
I had to get back to the desert. I’d made a promise.
其他的事都无关紧要
The rest meant nothing to me.
你说什么?
What did you say?
其他的事都无关紧要了
That the rest… meant nothing to me.
你所作所为留下了后遗症
There was a result to what you did.
并非探察敌情那么简单 留下了这个后遗症
It wasn’t just another expedition. It did this.
若非英军查出那个偷♥拍♥的人
If the British hadn’t unearthed that photographer,
恐怕会生灵涂炭 玉石俱焚
thousands of people could have died.
早已生灵涂炭 只是不同国籍而已
Thousands of people did die. Just different people.
-是的 就像马铎 -你说什么?
-Yes, like Madox. -What?
他吞枪自尽了 你的拍挡
You know he shot himself, your partner,
他发现你是间谍时就自杀了
-when he found out you were a spy. -What?
马铎以为我是间谍? 不
Madox thought I was a spy? No.
我从未做过间谍
No, I was never a spy.
真教人震惊 政局动荡 峰回路转
It’s ghastly. It’s like a witch hunt.
任何外籍人士都可能是间谍
Anybody remotely foreign is suddenly a spy.
-你得小心 -对
-So watch out. -Right.
我们没关注过国籍 是吗?
We didn’t care about countries, did we?
管他是英国人 阿♥拉♥伯人 德国人
Brits, Arabs, Hungarians, Germans…
都无所谓 对吗? 其实危机四伏 不得不防
None of that mattered, did it? It was something finer than that.
言之有理
Yes, it was.
我会把飞机留在沙漠中的绿州
I’ll leave the plane in kufra oasis.
-随时给你应急之用 -好
-So, if you need it… -Right.
时间方面很难说
Hard to know how long one’s talking about.
我们可能要过一两个月才回来
We might all be back in a month or two.

Hmm.
我不能再事事操心了
I have to teach myself not to read too much into everything.
不然就只会费时失事
It comes of too long having to read so much into hardly anything at all.
再见了 朋友
Good-bye, my friend.
我不相信有上帝
There is no God.
但倒希望会有人照顾你
But I hope someone looks after you.
你还想知道 那个部位的名称吗?
In case you’re still wondering,
它叫做脊上凹口
this is called a suprasternal notch.
战后到多塞特探望我们吧
Come and visit us in Dorset when all this nonsense is over.
恐怕你是不会来的了
You’ll never come to Dorset.
你不知道马铎吞枪自尽?
So, you didn’t know Madox shot himself.

No.
你也没有杀害基夫顿夫妇?
And you didn’t kill the Cliftons?

Sh…

She…
她确实死了
She die…
她我无能为力
She… I can’t.
也许是我害了她
maybe I did.
是我害了她
Maybe I did.
我当时在洞里的军营
I was packing up our base camp…
收拾行李
at the Cave of Swimmers.
基夫顿说从开罗驾机来接我
Clifton had offered to fly down from Cairo to collect me.
他驾机的技术是一流的
He flew like a madman always,
所以我没太注意
so I… I took no notice.
啊!
Aaah!
凯瑟琳
-katharine?
老天 你怎么也在?
Dear God, katharine, what are you doing here?
我没法出来 动弹不得
I can’t get out. I can’t move.
他还说意想不到
“Surprise,” he said.
可怜确杰弗里
Poor Geoffrey.
他早知会有此下场的
He knew. He must’ve known all the time.
他刚才还突然说好爱我
He was shouting, “I love you, katharine. I love you so much.”
他伤得严重吗?
Is he badly hurt?
我得把你弄出来
I have to get you out.
-请你不要动的 -我要救你出来
-Please don’t move me. -I have to get you out.
-我痛得要命 -我知道 真对不起
-It hurts too much. -I know, darling, I know. I’m sorry.

Come on.

Now!
你干嘛痛恨我?
Why did you hate me?
什么?
What?
你不知你把大家都逼疯了吗?
Don’t you know you drove everybody mad?
别说话了
Shh. Don’t talk.
你精通多国语言
You speak so many bloody languages…
却话也不想说
and you never want to talk.
-你还戴着它 -当然了
-You’re wearing the thimble. -Of course.
你这个傻瓜
You idiot.
我从没取下过
I always wear it. I’ve always worn it.
我一直都深深的爱着你
I’ve always loved you.
好冷
It’s so cold.
我知道 对不起
I know. I’m sorry.
我去生火
I’ll make a fire.
你把杰弗时 从飞机上弄出来了吗?
Did you get Geoffrey out of the plane?
-是的 -好 谢谢你
-Yes, I did. -Good. That’s good. Thank you.
听我说 凯瑟琳
Listen to me, katharine.
你的足踝断了
You’ve broken your ankle…
我要替你包扎
and I’m going to have to try and bind it.
手腕断了
I thinkyou’ve also broken your wrist…
肋骨也可能碎了 所以疼痛使你呼吸困难
and maybe some ribs, which is why it’s hurting you to breathe.
我得步行到城里去
I’m going to have to walk to El Taj.
近日沙漠里川流不息
Although, given all the traffic in the desert these days,
我一定会遇上一两支军队的
I’m bound to bump into one army or another.
我一定速去速回 你不会有事的
And then I’ll come back and you’ll be fine.
你答应我好吗?
You promise?
我不想死在这里
I wouldn’t want to die here.
我不想葬身沙漠
I don’t want to die in the desert.
我一直希望能风光大葬的
I’ve always had a rather elaborate funeral in mind.
尤其希望被人歌♥功颂德

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!