I cannot work
with large elephants anymore.
就是这个 打开它!
There it is. Open it!
所以我觉得拉古的到来
That is why I feel getting Raghu
是上帝的恩赐
was a gift from God.
我想要尽力照顾好它
I want to do my best for him.
我觉得我就是它妈妈
I feel like I am his mother.
从这里喝水…
Drink from here…
它的方方面面都很像人类
Everything about him is like a human,
除了不能说话之外
其他的事情它都会
except that he cannot talk.
He does everything else.
最近 我女儿去世了
Recently, my daughter died.
失去子女…这种痛苦无可比拟
Losing a child… the pain is incomparable.
我哭泣时 拉古会用它的鼻子
为我擦去泪水
When I cried,
Raghu wiped my tears away with his trunk.
这个小动作安慰了我
And this small gesture comforted me.
我觉得它真的什么都懂
I feel he really understands everything.
我记得我女儿像拉古这么大时的样子
I remember what my daughter
was like at Raghu’s age.
照顾拉古在很多方面
让我想起照顾自己女儿的情景
Taking care of Raghu reminds me of taking
care of my own daughter in so many ways.
就好像她又回到了我身边
It’s like she has come back into my life.
(泰米尔纳德政♥府♥)
(穆杜马莱老虎保护区
大象喂养营)
(拉古)
看看你今天多淘气
Look how naughty you are today.
看看你有多淘气
See how naughty you are.
把所有的甘蔗都拿到这里来
Bring all the sugarcane here.
我觉得它今天不想吃小米饭团
I don’t think he wants
the millet ball today.
但我们必须要先给它小米
But we have to first give him the millet.
如果这样喂它的话 它会吃的
If you give it to him like that,
he will eat it.
它眼睛一直盯着干椰子和棕榈糖
He has his eyes
on that dried coconut and jaggery.
我真的不喜欢
你把鼻子伸进桶里这个习惯!
I really don’t like your habit
of putting your hand in the bucket!
它不要再吃了
因为它只盯着那个椰子
He’s not going to eat any more
because he’s only looking at that coconut.
它小时候就是这样
This is what he was like
when he was young,
我们两个要轮着喂它
只有这样它才会吃
both of us had to take turns to feed him,
only then he’d eat.
过来 试着喂喂它 它不肯吃
Come here, try to feed him,
he isn’t eating.
喂 你为什么不吃 淘气小子?
Aye, why aren’t you eating, naughty boy?
她喂你时 你为什么不好好吃?
Why didn’t you eat properly
when she was feeding you?
下雨了 会有草长出来给你吃
The rains have come.
This will make the grass grow for you.
拉古会有很多草吃
Raghu will get so much grass to eat.
来吧
Come.
拉古 过来到伞下面来
Raghu, come here under the umbrella.
明天我拿到工资后 会去买♥♥点水果
Tomorrow when I receive my salary,
I’ll go buy some fruits.
你喂我吧 我也喂给你
You feed me and I’ll feed you.
如果我喂你时 你咬我手指怎么办?
What if while I am feeding you,
you bite my fingers?
别这样说
Don’t talk like that.
拉古 我的孩子
Raghu, my child.
等等 我给你一些 我就来
Wait, I will give you some, I am coming.
我好饱啊
I am so full.
我们生个火把水烧开吧
Let’s light the fire
and bring the water to boil.
它困了
He is sleepy.
等等 就快好了!
Wait, it is almost ready!
别用力拽管子 会坏掉的
Don’t try to pull the tube, it will break.
你困了吗?
Are you sleepy?
站好别动!你是想要吃花环吗?
Stand still!
Are you trying to eat the garland?
别把花都吃了!
Stop eating all the flowers!
放开这个!
Let go of them!
在特殊的纪念日里
On a special ceremony day,
小象宝宝会被带去祈求
elephant calves are taken
to seek their blessings
象头神的庇佑
from Lord Ganesha.
我是祭司 同时也是象夫
为此我很骄傲
I am proud of being
both a priest and a mahout,
这两个职业都带给我巨大的幸福感
both bring me immense happiness.
我们向象头神祈祷
We pray to Lord Ganesha.
对我们而言 看到大象
就等同于看到神灵
Seeing an elephant, to us,
is equivalent to seeing God.
神与大象对我来说就是一体
God and elephants are one for me.
我侍奉神的方式
与侍奉大象的方式是一样的
The way I serve God
is the same way I serve the elephants.
我们每天照顾拉古
We take care of Raghu every single day,
获得每天的日常所需作为回报
which in turn puts food
on my table every day.
这就是神在我生活中的体现
This is God’s presence in my life.
没有它 我们就什么都没有
Without him, we’d have nothing.
(青翠的绿色不复存在)
(取而代之的是夏季的炎热)
(野象四处游走 寻找食物和水源)
(小象宝宝经常会迷路掉队)
清早5点钟 鲍曼接到一个电♥话♥
Early morning, 5am, Bomman got a call.
林业部让我立刻赶去营地
The Forest Department asked me
to come to the camp immediately.
我到了那里之后
看到了一个拖着鼻涕的小东西
When I went to see it,
it was a tiny thing with a snotty trunk.
(安姆宝宝)
(五个月大)
营地负责人说
我们要负责照管安姆宝宝
The camp managers said
we have to take charge of baby Ammu.
他们说尽管大家非常努力
They said,
despite everyone else’s efforts,
所有其他的大象宝宝还是都死掉了
all the other elephant babies died.
“你们成功养大了拉古”
“You successfully managed to raise Raghu.”
整整一个星期 拉古都很不开心
For a whole week, Raghu was very upset.
如果安姆站在我们身边
拉古就会过来把它推开
If Ammu was standing close to us,
he would come and push her away
然后自己站在我们身边
so that he could stand beside us.
慢慢地 它习惯了安姆的存在
Slowly, he got used to Ammu’s presence.
嘿 等等
Hey, wait.
现在 我们都是一家人了
Now, we are all a family.
和鲍曼一起工作的过程中
By working together with Bomman,
我们两个也变得越来越亲密
the bond between us has grown so much.
看看你们啊 跳舞不带我 我来了
Look at all of you dancing without me.
Here I come.
来啊!宝贝们 跑过来啊!
Come! My dear ones, run and come!
快点跑过来 来啊!
Run a little faster to me. Come!
嘿 别吃花了!
Hey, stop eating the flowers!
桑吉娜是我的外孙女
Sanjana is my granddaughter.
外婆 我要穿这条裙子!
Ama, I’ll wear that dress!
她非常爱我 会帮我做所有事情
She loves me so much
and helps me in everything.
桑吉娜一直非常喜爱大象
Sanjana has always
loved elephants very much.
即使她在不断长大 她还是很爱它们
Even now, as she is growing up,
she loves them.
我带着桑吉娜
让她帮我一起照顾大象
I take Sanjana along with me
to help take care of the elephants.
我想要她跟我学习
I want her to learn from me.
我们就是它们的父母
We are their parents.
我们用尽各种方法
满足它们的所有需求
We do whatever it takes
to provide for them in all their needs.
照顾两头大象意味着给它们喂奶
Looking after two elephants
means giving them milk,
打扫它们的房♥间 给它们洗澡…
cleaning out their room, bathing them…
除了所有的辛勤照料
Alongside all the hard work and care,
大象还需要很多爱与关怀
elephants also require a lot
of love and affection.
就像养育人类宝宝一样
It’s just like raising human babies.
-嘿
-把这个吃了
-Hey.
-Take it.
现在杯子空了!
The cup is empty now!

Water.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!