它们速度快,价格便宜,而且百分百准确。
They’re fast, they’re cheap and they’re 100% accurate.
但是电在哪里呢?
But where is the electricity?
路易,我听说你妻子病得很重。
Louis, I hear your wife is very sick.
我知道你一直在支持你的母亲和姐妹,这很令人钦佩,路易,所以…我很抱歉这么说。
I know that you continue to support your mother and sisters, which is admirable, Louis, so I’m… I’m sorry to have to say this.
但是,也许我暂时不能像我希望的那样充分地利用你。
But it may be that I cannot use you quite as much as I would like for the time being.
我得让我们的财务恢复正常,这就意味着要做出艰难而实际的决定。
I have to get our finances in order, and that means making difficult, practical decisions.
但我给你的建议是:
But my advice to you is this:
花点时间和你的妻子在一起,因为当她不在的时候……
Spend the time that you gain with your wife, because when she is gone…
你会很痛苦。
it will hurt.
这是宝贵的几周,路易
These are precious weeks, Louis.
你明白吗?
Do you understand?
-别这样,彼得。-别这样,彼得。
– Come on, Peter. – Come on, Peter.
上楼梯。来吧。
Up the stairs. Come on.
-我想他要来了。——彼得。
– I think he’s coming. – Peter.
彼得?
Peter?
好男孩。
Good boy.
好男孩。
Good boy.
好男孩。
Good boy.
做得好,彼得。
Well done, Peter.
-嗯,彼得。-嗯。
-Well done, Peter. -Well done.
我们去散步吧。是的。
Let’s go for a walk. Yes.
毕竟你。-谢谢。
-After you. -Thank you.
我想彼得喜欢橡树。
I think Peter likes the oak trees.
嗯哼。
Mm-hmm.
-它们很神奇,不是吗?——嗯。
– They’re amazing, aren’t they? – Mmm.
它们能活一千年。
They live for a thousand years.
三百年的成长。
Three hundred years to grow.
还能活三百年。
Three hundred years to live.
三百年后死亡。
Three hundred years to die.
哦,那要做的。
Oh, that’ll do.
它看起来可爱。彼得现在喜欢了。
It looks lovely. Peter likes it now.
你不吗,彼得?
Don’t you, Peter?
电力。
Electricity.
我觉得电。
I feel electricity.
你能感觉到吗?
Can you feel it?
这是我们的地盘。
This is our place.
我就在这里,路易
This is where I’ll be, Louis.
当你需要我的时候。
When you need me.
午餐吃填充老鼠吗,韦恩太太?
Stuffed mouse for lunch, Mrs Wain?
不,谢谢你,彼得。
No, thank you, Peter.
我个人并不偏爱鼠标。
I’m not partial to mouse, personally.
麻雀派?
Sparrow pie?
说实话,我也不喜欢麻雀。
I don’t care for sparrow either, truth be told.
-有点脆。-哦。
-It’s a bit gristly. -Oh.
-也许一块……-你能别说了吗?
-Perhaps a slice of… -Oh, could you stop it, please?
我今天没有胃口。我有点累了。
I don’t have an appetite today. I’m a bit tired.
有什么事吗?
What’s the matter?
我得了癌症,路易。
I have cancer, Louis.
我现在很疼。
I’m in quite a lot of pain.
准备好了吗?
Ready?
那要看你要给我看什么了。
That depends on what you’re about to show me.
哈!
Ta-da!
哦,路易。
Oh, Louis.
你什么时候做的这些?威廉爵士见过这些吗?
When did you do all this? Has Sir William seen these?
威廉爵士没见过这些。这是给你的艾米丽
Sir William hasn’t seen these. These are for you, Emily.
-那你一定要给他看看。-为什么?
-Well, you must show him. -Why?
威廉爵士不喜欢彼得,是吧?
Sir William doesn’t care for Peter, does he, now?
而且,你还在的时候我会多陪陪你…我才是生病的那个人,路易。
And besides, I shall be… I shall be spending more time with you while you’re still… I’m the one who’s ill, Louis.
别再沉迷其中了。
Don’t you start wallowing in it too.
威廉爵士!
Sir William!
威廉爵士!Whoo-oo !
Sir William! Whoo-oo!
威廉爵士!
Sir William!
Whoo-oo !威廉爵士!
Whoo-oo! Sir William!
Whoo-oo !威廉爵士!
Whoo-oo! Sir William!
原谅我。
Excuse me.
对不起,先生。
Excuse me, sir.
oi !-哇!
-Oi! -Whoo!
Oi !停!
Oi! Stop!
Oi !
Oi!
这个俱乐部只招待绅士!
This club’s for gentlemen only!
很抱歉她不能进来,老伙计。我试一试。
I’m sorry she wasn’t allowed in, old boy. I did try.
这不是很有说服力的伪装,不是吗?
It wasn’t a very convincing disguise, was it?
她应该在家休息。
She should be at home resting.
这是她的主意。
It was her idea.
斤马厩嗯。
CATTY MEWS Hmm.
牛奶
MILK
很抱歉浪费了您的时间,威廉爵士。
Very sorry if we’ve wasted your time, Sir William.
是的。
Yes.
我在圣诞版上标出了两页。
I have two pages earmarked in the Christmas edition.
只是为了庆祝一下。
Reserved for a bit of festive frivolity.
能鼓舞读者士气的东西。
Something to raise the spirits of our readers.
我想让你在里面放上猫。
I’d like you to fill them with cats.
与…猫?
With… cats?
是的。与猫。
Yes. With cats.
你不觉得一群傻乎乎的狗会更吸引你的读者吗?
Don’t you think perhaps a spread of silly dogs would be more appealing for your readership?
我以前见过狗。
I’ve seen dogs before.
你捕捉到了猫的一些东西,路易斯。
And you capture something of the cat, Louis.
也许是因为你自己也有点叛逆。
Perhaps because you yourself are a bit of a renegade.
我敢说,他是个弃儿。
An outcast, dare I say.
我不知道你是怎么在这么黑暗的时候,想象出这么快乐的画面的。
How you’ve managed to conjure images of such delight at such a dark time… I don’t know.
圣诞快乐。
Merry Christmas.
伦敦新闻画报!
Illustrated London News!
伦敦新闻画报!
Illustrated London News!
纵观历史,猫一直被当作神秘的神来崇拜,也被诬蔑为巫术和罪恶的邪恶盟友。
Throughout history, cats have been worshipped as mystical gods and maligned as the evil allies of witchery and sin.
但我想你是第一个发现它们其实很荒谬的人。
But I think you’re the first person ever to see that they are in fact ridiculous.
它们又傻又可爱。
They’re silly and cuddly.
和孤独。
And lonely.
既害怕又勇敢。
And frightened and brave.
像我们这样的。
Like us.
总有一天,我想家里养一只猫当宠物也不会那么奇怪了。
One day, I don’t think it’ll be so peculiar to have a cat in the house as a little pet.
你那可笑的小脑袋里到底在想什么?
What’s going on in that funny little head of yours?
有时……
Sometimes…
我会想到你不在的那一天…
I think about the day you won’t be here…

and…
我不得不说,艾米丽,我发现这简直难以想象。
I have to say, Emily, I find it intolerably difficult to imagine.
我将会非常孤独。
I will be so very alone.
你会没事的,路易。
You’ll be all right, Louis.
你会有彼得的。
You’ll have Peter.
这次和你在一起,艾米丽
This time with you, Emily…
晚上和彼得一起玩,坐在火炉旁……
playing with Peter in the evening, sitting by the fire…
这是我一生中最美好的时光。
these have been the best days of my entire life.
我不知道为什么我觉得活在这个世界上很困难,但我可以绝对肯定地说,你让世界变得好多了。
I don’t know why it is that I find it so very difficult just being here on this earth, but… I can say with absolute certainty that you have made it much, much better.
你让世界变得美丽……
You make the world beautiful…
温暖和善良。
and warm and kind.
我只是想谢谢你,趁现在还来得及。
I just wanted to say thank you for that before it’s too late.
不是我让世界变得美好的,路易。
I don’t make the world beautiful, Louis.
世界是美丽的。
The world is beautiful.
你也让我明白了这一点。
And you’ve helped me to see that too.
只要记住……
Just remember…
嗯,无论事情变得多么艰难…
hmm, however hard things get…
无论你感觉自己多么挣扎…
however much you feel like you’re struggling…
这个世界都是美丽的。
the world is full of beauty.
而这一切都取决于你,路易。
And it’s up to you to capture it, Louis.
去找。
To look.
并与尽可能多的人分享。
And to share it with as many people as you can.
你是一个棱镜。
You are a prism.
生命之光透过它折射。
Through which that beam of life refracts.
我们到了。
Here we are.
今天为您准备了一份特别的新年早餐,韦恩夫人。
A special New Year’s breakfast for you today, Mrs Wain.
别担心,彼得。
Don’t worry, Peter.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!