All right, you take a needle…
在丝上摩擦一下
… rub it on silk…
磁化它
… magnetize it…
然后
…and…
把它放在树页上 这里
… place it on a leaf. Here.
你就有一个指南针了
You have a compass.
一个针? 有谁旅行会带着针?
A needle?. Who travels with a needle?.
这里
Here.
哦,妈的!
Shit!
看到了, 真是有效
See, it works.
真有效
It works.
那个山峰就是南面
That peak is south.
如果那不是怎样?
What if it isn’t?.
那就是,没别的可能 那是地球引力导致的
It is. It’s drawn by the earth’s magnetism.
我知道指南针的工作原理,查尔斯
I know how a compass works.
很好, 那你知道
Good, then you know…
那面是南
…that’s south.
到了那个山峰我们能做什么呢?
What do we do when we get to that peak?.
我们再次确定方向
We take another sighting.
那面不象是南,查尔斯
That doesn’t feel south, Charles.
只是因为你迷路了而并不意味你的指南针坏了 那就是南面
Just because you’re lost doesn’t mean your compass is broken. It’s south.
走了,快点
Come on.
你知道北欧海盗通过一根绳子 就可以驾驶他们的船
You know the Vikings would steer their ship with a rope.
他们怎么做到的,查尔斯?
How did they do that?
他们先在陆地上设两个点 他们从那儿返航的点或起航的点
They’d have two set points on the land they’d left behind or sailed from.
然后他们把两个点连起来 那就成了他们方位
And they’d line them up and that would be their bearing.
接着他们拉着在他们船后的这根长绳
And then they’d trail this long rope behind their ship…
在两个点之间巡航来回
…pointing it at those two points there….
你还是省着点呼吸吧 -说什么?
Might want to conserve your breath. -Say what?.
我们在黄昏前得到那儿
We must get through by nightfall.
让一下
Come on.
他们看到火焰的可能性有多大?
What are the odds that they’ll see the flares?.
一定他妈的机会很大,机会很大
Damn fine. Damn fine.
你认为也这样吗?
You think so?.
我不知道我是否该这样认为, 但我不得不说是的
I don’t know if I think so or not, but I have to say so.
城市男孩
City boy.
查尔斯,是我的病态的幻想 还是你确实说过:
Is it my diseased imagination or did you say..
“你计划怎样杀死我?””
“”How were you planning to kill me?. “”
你说过这话吗?
Did you say that?
是的
Yeah.
那是什么意思?为什么我会想去杀了你呢, 查尔斯? 我为什么要这么做?
What did that mean?. Why would I want to kill you, Charles?.
为了我的妻子
For my wife.
为了米琪吗?
For Mickey?
是的
Yeah.
那真是奇怪了, 我想杀了你是为了做你老婆的下一任老公
That’s bizarre. I want to kill you to get next to your wife.
我看到你跟她一起
I’ve seen you with her.
查尔斯宝贝,我们一起工作而已
We work together.
我看到了你工作的方式
I’ve seen the way you are.
平静地说, 查尔斯,我有我自己的女人
No offense, but I get my own girl…
假如你注意到的话,在我们互相认识的时候
…if you noticed, while we’ve known each other.
而且你是一个有权势的家伙 我为什么跟你过不去呢?
You’ re a powerful guy. Why would I antagonize you?.
为什么我想去做那种事情呢?
Why would I want to do that?.
为了得到我的钱
T o get the money.
哦,金钱
The money.
现在这里是荒郊野外, 就我们一组人,一切都不会安全了
Now it’s the broad, now it’s the boodle and nothing is safe.
富翁
Rich man.
所有人想得都是从你那儿得到一些什么 足够为此去杀了你
All they want is to take something from you. Badly enough to kill you.
你该知道一些事情,查尔斯?
You know something, Charles?.
富有会使人变得不一样
The rich are different.
查尔斯, 你认为离哪儿还有多远?
Charles, how far do you think it is?.
应该不超过10英里
It can’t be more than about 1 0 miles.
妈的 -怎么了?
Shit. -What?.
我身侧面有跟针
Got a stitch in my side.
找一块圆石
Find a round stone.
找一块圆石 用它来拔出针来
Find a round stone. Spit under it.
一种古印度疗法吗?
An old lndian remedy?.
是的,没错
Yeah, that’s right.
你认为我是个傻瓜,是不是?
You think I’m a fool, don’t you?.
认为你是个傻瓜? 是的 那个古印度疗法让你看起来是傻瓜一点
A fool?. No. Old lndian remedy makes sense.
那家伙已经被针扎了, 让他慢慢冷静下来,用他的意志拔掉它
Fellow’s got a stitch, make him slow down, take his mind off it.
让他伸长身体,又俯下身
Make him stretch, bend over.
不是这个事, 是因为以前我讲的事情
No, because of what I said.
关于什么的? -关于我妻子
About what?. -About my wife.
你说的关于你妻子的事情 好吧
What you said about your wife. Well….
我想到的是, 我想你有一大堆太多的钱
What I think, I think you got a whole stew of too much money…
潜在的同性恋
…Iatent homosexuality…
很多的其他的好东西 偏执妄想狂
…Iots of other good stuff. Paranoia.
我们会去做的是,当我们回去后 我们又可以在一起,你和我
We’ll all get together when we get back, you and me…
和你的妻子, 我们进到同一个热的浴盆然后
…and your wife, and we’ll get into a hot tub and…
赤♥裸♥裸地交流我们的感受而且
… bare our feelings and….
听着,即使我想杀了你, 我也需要你回到家
Even if I wanted to kill you, I need you to get home.
你这个蠢货
You fucking idiot.
不幸的人们 她是个婊♥子♥,不是吗?
Needing people. Isn’t it a bitch?.
你在说谁呢? -芬尼法莫
Who’re we talking about?. -Fanny Farmer.
海拔测量之母
The Mother of Level Measurement.
真高心知道你有了个心中英雄
It’s good to know you have a hero.
欢呼吧,我们要不要? 恢复我们活跃的风范吧?
Cheering up, are we?. Regaining our feisty demeanor?.
你能注意到,真好
It’s good of you to notice.
我知道一切,说出一切,我们可不可以?
IKnows all, tells all. Shall we?.
等等!
Wait!
听,听
Listen, listen.
走了
Come on.
快走!
Come on!
这样我们永远应付不了的
We’ll never make it.
拉这棵树
Pull this tree.
拉!
Pull!
斯蒂芬, 快去!
Steve, go!
拉! 数到3!
Pull! Count of 3!
快点! 1
Come on! One…
2, 3, 起!
…two, three, go!
快点!
Come on!
轻松
Easy.
查尔斯, 快走!
Charles, go!
放轻松, 查尔斯!
T ake it easy, Charles!
当心!
Look out!
没事的
It’s okay.
你能行的! 快点!
You got it! Come on!
往前啊!
IKeep coming!
快, 查尔斯, 加油! -继续往前!
Come on, Charles, come on! -Just keep coming!
继续往前!
IKeep coming!
天呐! 查尔斯,坚持住!
Jesus! Charles, hang on!
挺住!
Hold on!
你还行吗?
You okay?.
快! 我们走!
Come on! Let’s go!
哦,上帝!
Oh, God!
我把火焰弹弄丢了
I lost the flares.
没那玩意,我们也会熬过去的
We’ll get by without them.
怎么样?
How?
我还有
I’ve got…
六根火柴
…six matches left.
我们会生一堆信♥号♥♥火
We’ll make a signal fire.
我们会生一堆信♥号♥♥火 我们会用一根火柴 飞机可以看到我们的,查尔斯
We’ll make a signal fire. We’ll use a match. The plane will see us.
查尔斯,振作起来,查尔斯! -查尔斯,会好起来的
Snap out of it! -It’s going to be fine.
会好起来的,查尔斯 该往哪儿走?
It’s going to be fine. Which way is it?.
就在那边
It’s up there.
起来 -我们走,查尔斯
Come on. -Let’s go, Charles.
你还行吗?
You okay?.
你救了我
You saved me.
忘掉这些吧,我需要你导航 -你救了我的命
I need you to navigate. -You saved my life.
那时我不能杀了你 我要把斯蒂芬也杀掉才行
I couldn’t kill you then. I’d have to kill Stephen too.
他知道我是多么喜欢我的咖啡