Don’t let go! It’s only a baby.
你想叫就叫吧 薇拉 听到我的话了吗
You scream if you want to, Vera. You hear me?
“请写信给我”
“Please write to me.”
“他们教我们怎么写信
“They tell us what to write to our boys,
“以鼓舞你们的士气
“so we keep your morale up.
“这是我们的责任 该死的责任 我说我不是女英雄
“It’s our duty. Damn duty, I say. I’m no heroine, you see.
“我受够了独自一人的日子
“I’m fed up to the back teeth of being on my own.
“这不是我嫁给你的原因
“It’s not what I married you for.
“回家来
“Come home.
“我还有话要跟你说 记得吗
“I’ve got something I might want to say to you. Remember?
“你还记得 是不是
“You do remember, don’t you?
“回家来 我想触摸你
“Come home. I want to touch you.
“你被雨淋湿的地方
“Where the rain fell on your skin.
“你让我有这种感觉 真该死
“Damn you for making me feel this way.
“咒你下地狱 快回来
“Damn you to hell and back.
“快回来 威廉姆
” And back, William.
“回来”
“And back.”
趴下 趴下
Down. Down!
大家趴下
Man down!
不 长官
No, sir.
原谅我们
Forgive us
为了你的死原谅我们 我们是坚信者
Forgive us your death that myselves the believers
在大洪水中坚守的
May hold it in a great flood
直到鲜血喷出
Till the blood shall spurt
灰尘会像鸟儿一样歌♥唱
And the dust shall sing like a bird
随着万物生长 随着你的死去 我们的心里
As the grains blow, as your death grows, through our heart
在哭泣
Crying
你的逝去
Your dying
哭泣
Cry
战火中黎明下的孩子
Child beyond cockcrow by the fire-dwarfed
我们在街上颂唱飞扬的海
Street we chant the flying sea
在丧失亲人的身体中
In the body bereft
来 快睡觉
Come on. Sleep tight.
我饿了 嘘
I’m hungry. Shh.
宝宝睡觉了
Baby is sleeping.
真♥他♥妈♥的冷 该死的威尔士
It’s bloody freezing! Bloody Wales!
小时候 我爸爸这样给我取暖
When I was little, my da always used to warm me like this.
你爱他吗 爱死他了
You loved him? Adored him.
我讨厌我爸爸 你不讨厌他 不讨厌
I hated mine. You didn’t hate him. Not hate.
他让我作呕
He was loathsome.
真可惜你不是个男人
Pity you’re not a man.
别以为我不知道你来了
Don’t think I didn’t know you were there.
我不知道 我能闻到他
I didn’t. I could smell him.
过来 狄伦 让薇拉闻你
Come here, Dylan. Let Vera smell you,
闻闻你身上的腥臊味
smell the woman on you.
停下 她认为我会玩拇指 在…
Stop it. She thinks I should twiddle my thumbs while…
什么 什么 别把孩子吵醒了 狄伦
What? What? Don’t wake the kids, Dylan.
他们在哪儿 凯特琳 你的小朋友们在哪儿
So where are they, Caitlin, hm? Where are your little friends?
来吧 孩子们 快出来 该吃饭了
Come on, boys. Out you come. Feeding time.
她要杀了我 薇拉
Ow! She’s killing me! Vera!
我要杀了你 我会的
I will kill you! I will!
如果我再抓到你一次 我会的
If I catch you at it again, I will!
为什么不去看看孩子们 凯特琳 去吧
Why don’t you see to the kids, Caitlin? Go on.
你为什么要那么做 我什么也没做
Why do you do it? I don’t do anything.
我是跟其他的女人睡觉
I do it, sleep with other women…
你好 早安
Hello. Morning.
因为我是个诗人 诗人要体验生活
because I’m a poet, and a poet feeds off life.
怎么
What?
你是个自大的混♥蛋♥ 对不对
Pompous sod, aren’t you?
我这么做是因为她也这么做
I do it because she does it.
她一直都是 无法自♥制♥
She always has. She can’t help herself.
那对她没有任何意义
It doesn’t mean anything to her.
你不需要威廉姆 你有我了
You don’t need William. You’ve got me.
我们手中只有彼此
Nothing but you and me with time on our hands
以及一起相伴的时光
and each other to spend it with.
你好 戴茜
Hello, Daisy.
到我这儿来 过来
Come back with me. Come on.
我能将你带回安全的时光
I’ll take you back to a time when we were safe.
再也没有从天而降的炸♥弹♥ 再也没有死亡
Where no bombs fell from the sky and no one died, ever.
你回不去的
You can’t go back.
我们可以
We can.
你和我
You and me.
那不是真的
It’s not real.
如果我们愿意 那就是真的
It is if we want it to be.
那可怜的丈夫真倒霉
Pity about the poor bloody husband.
为祖国流血牺牲 还要把军饷寄回家
Off bleeding for his country and paying for the fun back home.
不介意我加入你们吧
Don’t mind if I join you, do you?
一个小房♥间?
Room for a small one?
哦 战时的奢侈
Ooh, wartime luxury.
我可以在这儿下车
You can drop me here.
凯特 摔得挺严重的
Cat? That looks nasty.
凯特 凯特 凯特
Catty, Catty. Cat, Cat, Cat.
凯特! 凯特!
cat! catty!
老天 你醉了还骑车
God, you’re drunk in charge of a bike.
那你醉了会干什么呢
And what are you drunk in charge of?
我伤到你了吗? 你不可能伤到她
Am I hurting you? You can’t hurt her.
她皮厚得跟犀牛有的一拼
She’s got skin like a rhinoceros hide.
狄伦跟我只是朋友 你知道的 不是吗
We’re only friends, Dylan and me, you know that, don’t you?
别骗我 我永远不会
Don’t ever lie to me. I won’t. Not ever.
朋友之间从不互相欺瞒
Friends don’t lie to each other.
不过你现在还可以这么做
Still as you can now.
让他回来 瑞瓦特
Tell him to come back, Rowatt.
让你♥爸♥爸回到我的身边
Tell your daddy to come back to me.
你觉得他看到了吗 亲爱的
Think he sees it, lovely?
你♥爸♥爸?
Your daddy?
你觉得他看到这雨了?
You think he sees the rain?
嗯?
Hmm?
妈妈 爸爸 凯特琳 让他闭嘴!
Mama, Dada. Caitlin, shut it up!
你是他爸爸! 你得跟他玩! 这才是他要的
You’re its father! Play with him! That’s what he wants.
我在写东西! 去死吧!
I’m writing! Damn it!
爸爸! 妈妈!
Daddy! Mummy!
这是我唯一的…
That’s my only…
爸爸 那是我唯一的草稿!
Dada. That’s my only draft!
去粪坑里找吧
You’ll find it in the cesspit,
我唯一的生活也一同丢在那里了!
then, along with my only life!
凯特 凯特
Cat! Cat!
凯特
Cat!
当我还是个风一般的小男孩
When I was a windy boy and a bit
黑人们唾弃基♥督♥信徒
And the black spit of the chapel fold
对死在女人们棒下的老山羊叹息
Sighed the old ram rod dying of women
我踮脚在醋栗丛中行走
I tiptoed shy in the gooseberry wood
丑陋的猫头鹰如同多嘴的山雀般啼叫
The rude owl cried like a telltale tit
我像女孩子一样红着脸跳跃着
I skipped in a blush as the big girls rolled
在驴圈内玩闹打滚
Ninepin down on the donkeys’ common
在晃荡的周日晚上我用我邪气的眼神
And on seesaw Sunday nights I wooed
向我想要的每一个人求爱
Whoever I would with my wicked eyes
我可以爱整个月亮 也可以离开
The whole of the moon I could love and leave
看在上帝的面子上 别吵醒瑞瓦特
For God’s sake, don’t wake Rowatt.
婚礼上的新娘的生活失去了颜色
All the green leaved little weddings’ wives
在煤炭般黑色的丛林中 让他们悲恸不已
In the coal black bush and let them grieve
帮我擦背?
ash my back for me?
没有比一块海绵更好的了
There is nothing like a proper sponge.
吻我 薇拉·菲利普斯
Give us a kiss, Vera Phillips.
那么 给我一便士 我没有
Give us a penny, then. I haven’t got a penny.
像我们以往一样
Like we used to be.
狗狗说 “跟我玩”
Little dog says, “Play with me.”
你只能得到这么多
That’s all you’ll get.
别弄湿我的毛衣
And don’t you wet my jumper.
我们曾经一起洗澡
We’ve had baths together before.
那时我们还小
We were children then.
我们在沙滩上做♥爱♥

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!