and realising it was worth £140,000,
你在英国独♥立♥电视台的新闻上看到了这幅画,意识到它价值14万英镑,
you decide to come down to London to steal it for personal gain,
didn’t you?
你决定为了个人利益来到伦敦偷走它,对吗?
I thought I’d kidnap it for a while, aye.
我想把它绑♥架♥一段时间。
Where did you stay whilst you planned the heist?
你计划盗窃的时候,住在哪里?
I took digs near a bucket shop.
我在一家廉价旅舍租了个小房♥间。
What’s a bucket shop?
哪一家廉价旅社?
A shop that sells buckets.
就是房♥租便宜的那一家。
Was that deliberate?
这是故意的吗?
– No, but it came in useful.- In what way?
-没有,但它很有用。-以什么方式?
Well, this isn’t my city, is it? I don’t know my way around.
这不是我的城市,对吧?我不认识路。
So I’d get to Camden and ask a local,
“Do you know where I can buy a bucket?”
所以我到卡姆登问了个当地人,“你知道我可以在哪里,租一间便宜的房♥间?”
And that way you would get directions?
这样你就能知道方向了?
Everyone knows where you can buy a bucket.
每个人都知道,在哪里可以租到便宜房♥间。
Do you know the address of the shop?
你知道旅社的地址吗?
Why? Do you need a bucket?
为什么?你需要租便宜房♥间吗?
We… No, we need… We…
我们…不,我们需要…我们…
Excuse me. We need the address
原谅我。我们需要地址
because you said that you removed the frame
因为你说你把画框取下来
and hid it under the bed in your lodgings.
藏在了你公♥寓♥的床底下。
So is the bucket shop still there?
那家便宜旅社还在吗?
I’ve no idea. I’ve not been back.I’m not short of buckets me self.
我不知道。我没有回去过。我自己也不缺便宜小房♥间。
Mr Bunton, you are on trial.
伯顿先生,你现在是在受审。
This is not an audition for a music hall.
这可不是什么音乐厅的试镜演出。
Sorry, my lord.
对不起,法官大人。
What am I looking at? Ten years?
我看到了什么?十年监禁?
I’ll make my closing speech,
and then the judge will give his summing-up,
我会做结束语,然后法官会做结案陈词,
which, I warn you,
may sound a bit like the second speech for the prosecution.
我警告你,看来控方也很有可能做他的第二次演讲。
All the benches up there have this Latin phrase on them.
所有的法官席位上都有这个拉丁词。
“Domine dirige nos.”
“主啊,引导我们。”
“Lord, direct us.”
“主啊,引导我们。”
God help us, more like.
上帝保佑我们,更贴切。
Well, I’ll give you two some time.
我给你们俩点时间。
Please.
请随意。
– Well, you’re all over the papers.- Am I?
-报纸上到处都是你的新闻。—是吗?
You could have told me.
你应该告诉我的。
We could have dealt with it together.
我们本可以一起解决的。
Could we?
我们能吗?
I read the rest of your play.
我读了你其余的的剧本。
I’m sorry you felt you were to blame.You’re not.
我很抱歉你的自责内疚。你不必那样。
I went to see her.
我去给她扫墓了。
– Nice spot, isn’t it?- Uh-huh. Lovely.
-不错的地方,不是吗? —嗯。很不错。
– Cleaned it up a bit.- I like the wildness.
-我把那里清理了一下。-我喜欢荒野。
– She died in the country.- Any excuse to do nothing.
-她死在乡下。-不用找借口。
How long will you get?
你会得倒多长刑期?
I don’t know.
我不知道。
Ten years.
十年监禁。
You didn’t take the painting.
你没有拿走画。
Would you rather Jackie was in the dock?
你更希望杰克被囚禁吗?
I’m sorry, Dolly.
对不起,多莉。
It’s a mess.
真是一团糟。
It’s a mess, all right.
既然是一团糟,那就这样吧。
As night follows day,Kempton Bunton stole the Goya.
如同黑夜跟着白昼,肯普顿·伯顿偷走了戈雅的画作。
So say the prosecution.
控方也是这么说的。
Now…
现在…
that puzzled me,
困惑我的是,
because nothing is a crime in this country
因为在这个国家,除非法律明文禁止,
unless it is expressly forbidden by law.
否则没有什么是犯罪。
If your neighbour barrows your lawnmower
and doesn’t return it for months,
如果你的邻居把你的割草机扔进车里,几个月都不还,
it is frustrating, it is annoying,
这是令人沮丧的,令人恼火的,
but it is not theft.
但这不是盗窃。
Because he had no intention of permanently depriving you of it.
因为他没打算永远剥夺你的权利。
Kempton Bunton is your neighbour.
肯普顿·伯顿就是你的邻居。
He is not a thief.
他不是一个贼。
He borrowed your Goya to…
他借你的戈雅油画来…
try and do a bit of good in this world,
试着为这个世界做点好事吧,
in a world where…
在一个…
I am you…
我是你…
and you are me,
而你就是我,
to try and benefit
努力帮助
some of the most vulnerable people in society.
社会上最弱势的人群。
He returned it,delivered it in person, the Goya.
他还了回来,亲自把戈雅的作品送了回来。
Late, yes, yes…
可惜晚了,是的,是的…
yes.
是晚了。
Who amongst us hasn’t been late returning a lawnmower?
我们谁没迟归还过割草机?
When all is said and done…
当一切尘埃落定…
he’s a pretty good neighbour, really.
他依旧是一个很好的邻居,真的。
Isn’t he?
难道,他不是吗?
Thank you.
谢谢诸位。
And in response to Mr Bunton’s confession
对于伯顿先生承认他拿走了
that he took the Goya,
戈雅的作品,
you may consider that as a result of his defence,
你们可能会认为,作为替他辩护的结果,
every gallery in the country will be powerless to prevent anyone
这个国家的每一家美术馆都将无力阻止任何人,
from borrowing a Rubens for the weekend,
在周末借一幅鲁本斯的作品,
to hang in the hallway to impress the chair of the Rotary Club.
挂在走廊上,给扶轮社的主席留下深刻的印象。
Can this country really allow such behaviour
这个国家真的允许这种行为
to be placed outside our criminal law?
被置于刑法之外吗?
Now, that is a question I urge you to focus on now,
现在,我希望你在讨论室里考虑你的判决时,
as you retire to consider your verdicts.
把注意力集中在这个问题上。
This is a good sandwich.
这个三明治很好吃。
It is.
是的。
For cheese.
还有奶酪。
Will the foreman please stand?
请陪审团主席站起发言!
And the defendant.
被告也起立。
Ladies and gentlemen of the jury,
陪审团的女士们,先生们,
have you reached verdicts upon which all 12 of you are agreed?
你们12个人达成一致意见了吗?
We have.
我们达成了。
On the charge of the theft of a picture frame
关于盗窃国家美术馆财产,
to the value of £80,property of the National Gallery,
价值80英镑的画框的指控,
do you find the defendant guilty or not guilty?
你认为被告有罪还是无罪?
Guilty.
有罪。
Establishment fix-up!Establishment fix-up!
改选陪审团!陪审团换人!
There will be silence!
保持安静!
Or I shall order the public gallery cleared.
否则我将旁听席清场。
On the charge of the theft of the Goya portrait
关于盗窃戈雅画像
of the Duke of Wellington,
《惠灵顿公爵》的指控,
do you find the defendant guilty or not guilty?
你们认为被告有罪还是无罪?
Not guilty.
没有罪。
On the charge of demanding money with menaces
关于以威胁方式索要赎金
for the return of the portrait,
换取画像的指控,
do you find the defendant guilty or not guilty?
你认为被告有罪还是无罪?
Not guilty.
没有罪。
Silence!
安静!
Silence in court.
在庭上请保持安静。
On the charge of creating a public nuisance
关于妨害公众利益的指控,
by depriving members of the public of the opportunity
to view the portrait,
剥夺了公众观看画像的机会,
do you find the defendant guilty…
你是否认为被告有罪…
Not guilty.
没有罪。
It’s a hat-trick!
这是一个帽子戏法!
Whoo!
唔!
And did those feet
那双脚
In ancient time…
在古代…
Silence! Silence in court.
安静!在庭上要安静!
Walk up on England’s mountains
走在英格兰的山岗上
I will have silence.
我需要安静。
And did the…
你是…
– Silence in court!- …Holy Lamb of God…
-庭上要安静!-…上帝的圣洁的羔羊,,,
Remove that woman.
把那女人带走。