Opening your dress, kissing your back.
他们从不会这么做 – 他们会
they never do such things. – yes, they do.
闭上眼睛
Close your eyes.
格雷在你身后 慢慢解开你的衣服
Grey is behind you slowly opening your dress.
不 贝丝 停下 – 闭上眼睛
no, Bess, stop! – close your eyes.
亲吻你的后背
Kissing your back.
这样
There.
明白了吗
See?
失陪一会儿 – 失陪了 先生们
would you excuse me for a minute? – you must excuse me, gentlemen.
夫人 – 格雷先生
your grace. – mr. Grey.
还有六周就是大选了 是吧
The national election is in six weeks, yes?
竞选的情况如何
How is the campaign going?
很糟
Terribly.
我们唯一的希望就是替福克斯把威斯敏斯特保住
Our only hope is to save westminster for Fox.
如你所知 我有很多缺点
I have many faults, as you well know.
其中最大的一项就是我吸引公众注意力的能力
Not least among them is my ability to draw attention.
或许我们能将这转化为优点加以利用
Perhaps we could use that to our advantage.
女士们先生们
Ladies and gentlemen.
女士们先生们 下面这位
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the man
将告诉我们 我们的责任究竟为何
Who will inform us of the work we must do
以及我们必须坚信的政党 有请查理斯·格雷先生
And of the party we so believe in. Mr. Charles Grey.
威斯敏斯特的优秀民众们
Good people of westminster!
世界正处于灾难或是救赎的边缘
The world is on the brink of disaster or salvation!
从法国到美国
From france to america,
无论男女 人们都在为解放自我
Men and women are struggling to free themselves,
寻求生存的价值和意义而奋斗
To find meaning in their existence!
改变就看我们的了
Change is upon us!
我们应该摒弃陈旧的方式
We shall not go back to the old ways.
我们要把英格兰带入一个崭新的世界
We shall take england into this brave new world
做一番惊天动地的大事业
And shake the thunder from the skies!
我讲的怎么样 – 我想那不算是出丑
how did I do? – i think it was not an embarrassment.
精彩绝伦
It was a marvel.
我很紧张 你的出现让人数至少多了三倍
I was nervous. Your presence trebled the numbers at least.
我现在都还紧张
I’m nervous even now.
如果我们赢得选举 如果我们获得权力
If we win this election, if we get the power,
我们不在一起时 你有没有想过我?
Do you think of me when we’re not together?
你知道我想你
You ought to know I do.
你犹豫了 – 不是的
you hesitated before you replied. – no.
我还不习惯被人问得这么直接
I’m unused to being asked so directly.
尤其是被你
And by you, of all people.
我无时无刻地思念你 一直如此
I think of you all the time. I always have.
夫人 马车到了 – 谢谢
your carriage awaits, your grace. – thank you.
你们在伊丽莎白夫人的房♥间外面做什么
What are you doing outside lady Elizabeth’s room?
谁和她在房♥里?
Who’s in there with her?
英格兰有这么多女人 你偏偏和她上♥床♥
Of all the women in england you had to throw yourself on her.
你和别人的私情我从未提出过异议
I have never once objected to any of your affairs.
我同意你做的所有安排
I have accepted whatever arrangement you have proposed.
我把夏洛特当亲生女儿一样抚养
I have raised Charlotte as my own daughter.
但这次…
But this…
我拥有的唯一一样属于自己的东西
I have one single thing of my own.
为什么你就不能放过伊丽莎白?
Why couldn’t you let me keep Elizabeth for myself?
你怎么能这样?
What kind of man are you?
她是我在这场婚姻中唯一的安慰
She is my sole comfort in our marriage.
而你就这么生生把我唯一的朋友夺走
You have robbed me of my only friend.
我到底是怎么了?
What is wrong with me?
我…
I…
我从没说过我是个体贴心细的男人 G
I’ve never claimed to be a man of fine sensibility, g.
但我一直都清楚我想从这场婚姻中得到什么
But I’ve always known what I expect from this marriage
和我要付出什么
And what I’m prepared to give.
作为一个丈夫 我已经尽了我的义务
As a husband, I have fulfilled my obligations.
可作为一个妻子
But, as a wife,
你还没有
You have not.
她必须离开 立刻
She has to go. Now.
她再也不能踏进这个家门一步
She is never to set foot in this house again!
冷静点 G 别忘了自己的身份
Do mind your temper, g. You’re forgetting yourself.
我要她搬出去
I want her out.
我再也不想看见她
I never want to lay eyes on her again.
你马上下楼让她搬走
Go down and tell her to leave at once.
我办不到
I couldn’t ask her that.
我不会那么做的 G
I won’t do it, g.
我打一开始就没喜欢过她 – 你已经讲得很清楚了 妈妈
i never liked her from the first. – you made that quite clear, mama.
我希望她已经离开你们在德文郡的家了
She’s gone from Devonshire house, I hope.
他们一起住在那儿?
They’re living there together?
乔治安娜 你怎么能允许这种事发生呢
Georgiana! What have you permitted to happen?
我不知道 我不知道
I don’t know. I don’t know.
帮帮我 帮帮我 妈妈 告诉我该怎么做
Help me. Help me, please, mama. Tell me what to do.
你必须写信给你丈夫 坚持让他把她送回去
You must write to your husband and insist he send her back
不管她是打什么讨厌的小地方来的
To whatever horrid little place she came from.
他不会那么做的 他说”那决不可能”
He will not. “it is out of the question,” he says.
那你只能回去 继续你应尽的义务
Then you must return and resume your duties.
让他明白他到底爱谁
Make him realize whom he loves.
放弃你的政♥治♥和赌博
You will give up your politics and your gambling.
只这一次 你要全心全意做个可人的妻子
For once, you will devote yourself as a loving wife
专心完成手头的任务 给他生个继承人
And settle down to the task in hand, providing him with an heir.
这样他很快就会厌烦她了
Then he will soon tire of her.
你别无选择
You have no other option.
你好 G
Hello, g.
威廉
William.
也许我没有把你从我家赶出去的权利
I may not have the authority to remove you from my house,
但至少我能让你离开我的房♥间
But I can, at least, order you out of my room.
请让我解释
Won’t you please let me explain?
没什么好解释的
There is nothing to explain.
这是我再见孩子的唯一机会
This is my only chance of ever seeing my children again.
公爵是英格兰最有权势的贵族
The duke is the most powerful peer in england.
他是我唯一的机会
He is my only chance.
为自己的孩子牺牲也要有个限度
There are limits to the sacrifices one makes for one’s children.
不 没有 没任何限制
No, there aren’t. No limits whatsoever.
出去
Get out.
我们没什么好再说的了
We have nothing more to say to one another.
妈妈 妈妈
Mama, mama!
见到你真好呀 妈妈
It’s so nice to see you, mama.
对 这是把鸟枪
Right, this is a shotgun.
你妈妈说你对这很感兴趣是吗
Your mother said you’d be interested, yes?
是的
Yes.
这个是火石 看到了吗
This is a flint. Do you see?
火石打到那儿就会产生火花
When the flint hits there, it causes a spark to happen.
然后 火花点燃火♥药♥
Now, the spark, it lights the gunpowder
子弹就射出去了
And sends the bullet out of the gun
你知道怎么拿着它吗 – 不知道 公爵
do you know how to hold it? – no, sir.
就像这样 把它卡在你的右肩膀上
Well, it’s like that. Tuck it in there, into your right shoulder.
拿稳了 手再伸长些
Hold it firmly, then you can move that hand a little further along.
能感到它很沉吧 你得再靠近点
Can you feel how heavy it is? You have to lean into it a bit.
两眼睁开 顺着枪管看
And keep both eyes open. Look right along the barrel.
顺着枪管 就是这样
Right along there just like that.
砰! 来 看我的
Bang! Here, let me show you.
看
There.
挺沉的 是吧
It’s quite heavy, isn’t it?
渴吗 想喝点儿什么吗
Are you thirsty? Would you like something to drink?
你们渴吗 要喝点什么吗
Are you gentlemen thirsty? Would you like something to drink?
谢谢你
Thank you.
你跟公爵说了要和谁见面吗
Did you tell the duke who you were meeting?
没
No.
他没问吗 – 没有
did he even ask? – no.
他惦记着其它的事
He has other things on his mind.
你也是
As do you.
跟我说说你的心事也许会好些
Would it help to unburden yourself?
没什么事是我能跟你讲的
It’s nothing I can discuss with you.
再说 讲了也让人无聊
Besides, it would only bore.
你不用时时都取悦他人
You don’t have to please others all the time.
我就是这么被养大的 很难不这样
It’s what I’ve been brought up to do. Difficult lesson to unlearn.
我能说说我的看法吗