– what were you thinking – I’m sorry, Mother.
罗伯特是过来提醒我 我答应过他的一件事
Uh, Robert came to remind me of a promise that I made.
我说过要带他用望远镜看星星的
I said I’d show him the stars through my telescope.
对吧?
Didn’t I
所以你会回来吗?
Then you’re returning
是的
I am. Yes.
谢谢你
Thank you.
早安
Morning!
早安
Morning.
葛莱姆斯先生 我一直都有做笔记
Mr. Grimes. I’ve been, uh… taking notes.
也许你能用得上
If they be of any use.
这会帮我省下好几天的时间
Why, they’d save me days.
-你一定早就料到这里埋着什么 -你的进展也不错
– You must have suspected what was here. – Well, you’ve made good progress.
彼此彼此
As did you.
多谢
Thank you kindly.
做得相当出色 布朗先生
It’s fine work, Mr. Brown.
也算是个开始吧
Yeah. Well, we made a start.
-菲利普斯 -我们的挖掘专家回来了
– Phillips. – Our excavator has returned.
早安
Morning.
有迹象表明 船底可能有一座完整的墓室
There’s a sign in the bottom of the ship that there could be an intact chamber.
太令人兴奋了
Tremendously exciting.
外面的世界正在发生的事呢 小查?
What about events in the wider world, C.W.
你觉得会对我们有什么影响?
How do you think it will affect us
从昨晚的新闻来看
Judging by last night’s news…
我觉得战争可能会在几周内爆发
I think we could be at war in a matter of weeks,
而国内所有挖掘工程都会被迫停止
and every excavation in the land will stop.
所以得看我们的了
So, it’s up to us.
-我的天哪 -天啊
– Oh, good lord. – Gosh.
吉姆!比利葛莱姆斯!
– Jim! Billy Grimes! – Stuart!
-斯图尔特! -近来可好啊?
– How the devil are you – Very well.
好极了 这是我妻子 玛格丽特
This is my wife, Margaret.
-是佩吉 -幸会 皮戈特太太
– Peggy. -Mrs. Piggott, a pleasure to meet you.
菲利普斯先生 我只是想说
Mr. Phillips, I… um, I wanted to say how pleased I was
你特别指定要我过来 我感到万分荣幸
that you specifically asked for me to come.
我知道斯图尔特给你寄了 我写的波斯尼亚湖村民论文
I know Stuart sent you my paper on Bosnian Lake villagers.
你肯赏脸过目真是太好了
It was awfully good of you to read it.
哦 对 非常引人入胜
Ah, yes. Um, very stimulating.
-我希望我不会让你失望 -对此我毫不怀疑
– I hope I’ll be able to repay your faith in me. – I have no doubt.
只是我并没参与过 很多实地的考古工作
It’s just that I haven’t done much actual fieldwork yet.
所以我不想让你认为 我比实际上更有经验
Uh, so I wouldn’t want you to think I’m more experienced than Ireally am.
你具备所有的关键条件
Ah, you have all the key attributes.
真的吗?
Do I
这艘船非常脆弱
This ship is very delicate.
甚至可以说是几乎不存在
One could say, it, um, scarcely exists at all.
施加太多的重量 它会崩解
Too much weight, it disintegrates.
你体重应该不到六十公斤 所以呢
You’re probably less than nine stone, so
你们这些身子轻盈的就负责挖掘 而我在这里监督就好
I’ll supervise from here while you light things get on with the digging.
所以你要求我过来 纯粹是因为我的体型吗?
Am I to understand you only asked for me because of my size
还真被你猜中了
Uh, lucky guess, actually.
没错 谢天谢地 皮戈特娶的不是个胖妞
Yeah, thank God Piggott didn’t marry a piglet.
继续吧
Carry on!
-布雷斯福德 -是 大人
– How does it look to you – Sir
你觉得怎么样?
How did you like it?
你这里有什么发现?
What have you got there
好吧
All right, then.
-第一轮我请客 伙子们 -那就谢谢你了
– First round’s on me, chaps! – Very nice of you.
他们没有双人床吗?
Do they not have a… a double
没有 亲爱的 不过这也不错 对吧?
Sorry, darling, no. This is fine, though, isn’t it
我们可不想一来就抱怨
We don’t… We don’t want to start by making a fuss.
不 当然不了
Oh, no. Of course not.
能参与这项工程 我们是何等幸运
We’re so lucky to be part of this.
对
Yes.
对 一定会超棒的
Yes, it’s going to be amazing.
你想要这张床
Would you prefer this bed…
还是那张床?
Or… or… or that one
我就睡那张床吧
I’ll… I’ll take this one, shall I
你必须找到一颗星星 并辨别其行进方向
You need to find a star and identify its direction of travel.
-晚上好 绅士们 -晚上好 普莱提太太
– Good evening, gentlemen. – Good evening, Mrs. Pretty.
你好 母亲
Hello, Mother.
你好 亲爱的
Hello, darling.
太空飞行员也利用星星导航吗?
Do space pilots navigate using the stars
这是当然的
Oh, most certainly, they do.
再给你十分钟 指挥官 然后去睡觉
Ten more minutes, Commander. Then, bed.
我看见星星了
I see a star.
-天哪! -发生什么事?
– Oh, God! – What’s going on
-别动 -突然塌下去了
– hold it – It just gave way.
快把她弄上来!
Get her off there!
皮戈特 快把她弄上来!
Piggott, get her off!
非常抱歉 我不是故意要破坏任何东西的
Oh, I’m so sorry! I didn’t mean to damage anything.
-有什么发现 布雷斯福德? -你没事吧?
– What you got, Brailesford – You all right
一堆生锈的东西
Sort of rusted lumps.
天哪 你受过的训练呢?
Come on, man. Where’s your training
一堆已腐蚀的无定形块状物 大人
Uh, an amorphous mass of corroded objects, sir.
你 拿着相机下去把它拍下来
You, get your camera down there. Photograph it.
这么大的太阳 你一定很热吧
That’s… That’s very hot in the full sun.
我没事 谢谢你
Oh, I’m fine. Thank you.
小心脚下 这很可能就是我们的墓室
Watch your step there. This could well be our chamber.
喝点大麦茶吧 皮戈特太太
Some barley water, Mrs. Piggott
-谢谢 我真是笨手笨脚 -不会 没这回事
– Thank you. So clumsy. – Oh, not at all.
你的裙子真漂亮
That’s a very lovely skirt.
根本毫无用处 我没有更合适的衣服了
Completely useless. I don’t have anything more suitable.
-我们度完假直接过来的 -真的吗?
– We came straight from our holiday. – Did you really
-真的 -过来我家吧
– Yes. – Well, come to the house.
给你找些合适的衣服
Let’s see what we can find.
普莱提太太还生着病吗?
Is Mrs. Pretty still poorly
她说她完全没事 但…
She says she’s perfectly fine, but…
那是她的典型作风
…that’s typical of her.
这该死的天气
Damn this weather.
一整天就这样没了
Losing a whole day.
战争很快就会爆发 让国家陷入混乱
So little time before world events…
我们已时日无多
Confound us.
这绝对是一场和时间的赛跑
It’s a race, an absolute race.
那你就是在浪费布朗先生的才华
Then you are wasting the talents of Mr. Brown.
那是个非常好的主意
Well, that’s an excellent idea.
斯图尔特对他的工作无可挑剔 就不能让他挖掘船尾吗?
Stuart couldn’t fault his work. Could he not be unearthing the stern
布朗先生不够格
Mr. Brown isn’t qualified.
你这只是势利眼吧 菲利普斯先生?
Well, that’s just snobbery, isn’t it, Mr. Phillips
布朗!
Brown!
布朗!
Brown!
布朗 过来!
Brown, come here, man!
我的天哪 玛格丽特!
Oh my God, Margaret.
抱歉 我忘了锁门
Sorry. I forgot to lock the door.
你必须明白 我们和其他四间房♥共用一个浴室
No, you see, we… we…we share that bathroom with… with four other rooms,
刚才开门的可以是任何人
and, you know, I could have been anyone.
可以是葛莱姆斯 或者菲利普斯
Um, I could’ve been Grimes or Phillips.
但开门的是你 我的丈夫
But you’re not. You’re my husband.
是 但如果被他们看到你那副样子 你觉得我会有何感受?
Yes, but how… how do you think I’d feel if… if one of them saw you in that state
什么样子?
Oh! In what state
这副样子吗?
In this state
天哪 别闹了 你应该更小心点才是
Christ, I… Stop.You should be more careful. It’s…
等了那么久 我现在终于可以去洗个澡了
You know, now, after… after waiting eons, I shall… I shall go and have my bath.
-斯普纳先生 -是
– Mr. Spooner. – Right.
-早安啊 皮戈特先生 -早 小查
– Morning, Mr. Piggott. – C.W.
你应该叫醒我的
You might have woken me. –
我不想吵醒你
I didn’t like to.
你让我迟到了
You made me appear late.
小心点 斯图尔特 那是很脆弱的缆索
Careful, Stuart. You’ve got a delicate line now, man.
-准备好了吗? -稍等
– Just a moment. – You ready
要小心翼翼 不准马虎
You have to be very careful now. No cavalier lifting.
-轻轻地 -是 大人
– Very gently. – Yes, sir.
听我口令 一 二 三