I’m not employed by you.
我受雇于普莱提太太
I’m employed by Mrs. Pretty,
除非她让我停工 否则我将继续工作
and I’ll keep on working until she tells me different.
这项工程不能交给 一支省博物馆的特设小组负责
An ad hoc team from a provincial museum cannot be left in charge.
普莱提太太必须明白这点
Mrs. Pretty must see that.
约翰 我只需要一分钟 她会想听听这个消息的
John, a minute is all I need. I… I know she’ll want to hear this.
-好啦 在这里等一下 -好
– All right, all right. Wait here. – Right.
-她明早十点半见你 -不 她必须知道我发现了什么
-She’ll see you tomorrow morning at 10:30. -She must know what I found.
-别得寸进尺了 -她必须知道我发现了什么
– Don’t push it, old boy! – She must know!
约翰
John!
他走了吗 格莱特利先生?
Is he gone, Mr. Grateley
我不是格莱特利先生
It’s not Grateley.
很抱歉打扰你 但我相信
I… I’m sorry for disturbing you, but I believe…
我们在船里找到了一个墓室
We may have found a burial chamber in the ship.
-菲利普斯先生知道吗? -我不效力于菲利普斯先生
– Does Mr. Phillips know – I don’t work for Mr. Phillips.
你希望我怎么做?
What are your wishes
他刚刚通知我 根据工程部的命令
I, uh… He just informed me that, by order of the Ministry of Works,
该遗址必须置于他的管制之下
the site must be placed under his control.
那…
Well, uh…
就这样了
…that’s that, then.
如果你想要的话 我能再继续工作一天
Well, I… I can carry on for one more day…If that’s what you’d like.
你病了吗 普莱提太太?
Are… Are you poorly, Mrs. Pretty
麻烦你
Perhaps you might, um…
替我响一下铃
Might ring the bell for me.

Right.
他无权指使你
He’s got no right to dictate to you.
能找到这艘船 都是多亏了你
This ship’s only appearing because of you.
别忘了你当初为什么要让我开始挖掘
Don’t forget why you wanted it begun.
你说你有预感 你的预感是对的
Now, you said that was a feeling.Your feeling is right.
布朗先生溜进屋里了
Mr. Brown seems to have found his way in.
布朗先生
Mr. Brown.
好吧
All right.
太太 你需要些什么吗?
Is there anything I could bring you
麻烦你去把艾伦叫来
Fetch Ellen for me, please.
普莱提太太坚持要留住你们
Mrs. Pretty is keen to keep you on,
所以呢 我们会善加利用你们的
so we’ll make good use of you.
你们的主要任务是保持场地整洁有序
Your primary task will be to keep the site in order.
我要你们将土墩向两侧挖开1.2米
So, I want the tumulus dug back to an area of four feet on either side,
然后再把那些弃土堆清除掉
and I want those spoil heaps removed.
从现在开始 未经我的明示许可
From now on,you’re not to set foot in the body of the ship
不得涉足船体
without my express permission.
继续干活
Carry on.
你打算容忍♥下去吗 巴兹尔?
Are you gonna put up with that, Basil
你好 布朗先生
Hello, Mr. Brown.
我母亲的胃灼热又发作了
My mother’s got her heartburn.
很遗憾听到这消息
Oh, I’m sorry to hear that.
她需要清净
She has to have peace and quiet.
-我给她弄了这个 -这火箭做得还真不错
– I made her this.- Well, that’s a very fine rocket.
你要去哪啊?
Where are you going
我得回家了
Oh, I… Oh, I have to go home now.
那你什么时候回来?
When will you be back
那个…
Well, uh…
抱歉 罗伯特
I’m sorry, Robert. I…
真的很抱歉
I am.
布朗先生 可是…
Uh, but, Mr. Brown…
布朗先生!
Mr. Brown!
布朗先生!
Mr. Brown!
看来我失业了
It seems I’m out of a job.
菲利普斯不让我们碰他的船
Phillips won’t let us in his ship.
他的船?拜托
His ship Really
我想拍些照片留作记录 也许用得上 你介意吗?
I thought I might take some photographs. It could make a useful record.
完全不介意 别拍我就行
Would you mind Not at all.
我得说 我不怪布朗 这么一个好男人
As long as they’re not of me.Can’t say I blame Brown.
不该被菲利普斯糟蹋
Such a decent man doesn’t deserve Phillips.
怪他?
Blame him
他今早离开了 你不知道吗?
Well, he left this morning. Didn’t you know
罗伯特呢?
Where’s Robert
你没有其他工作吗?
You don’t have another job
我会写信给梅纳德 他会给我安排点什么的
I’ll write to Maynard, and he’ll give me something.
你有跟普莱提太太说你要离开吗?
Did you tell Mrs. Pretty you were leaving
让她自己弄明白吧
I thought I’d let her work it out herself.
她当初给了你这个机会 你是这样答谢人家的吗?
And that’s the thanks she gets for giving you the opportunity in the first place
记住我的话 梅 我分不到半点功劳
Mark my words, May, I won’t receive any credit.
甚至连名字都不会被提及
I won’t even be a footnote.
-你接这活儿就是为了功劳? -我总不能留下当苦工啊
– Is that why you took the job For credit – How can I stay on
你一生挖土 赚那么一丁点钱 为的就是功劳?
Is that why you’ve been digging your whole life for barely enough to cover our rent
不 梅 我这么做 是因为我在这方面非常出色
No, May. I do it ’cause I’m good at it.
是因为这是我爷爷传授予我父亲 再由父亲传授于我的
‘Cause that’s what my father taught me, and what his father taught him.
是因为你在萨福克郡随手抓一把土壤
‘Cause you can show me a handful of soil from anywhere in Suffolk,
我都能告诉你那来自谁家的土地
and I can pretty much tell you whose land it’s from.
这就对了
There you go.
请问你认识巴兹尔布朗吗?
Excuse me. Do you know Basil Brown
-你知道他住哪吗? -是 我认识巴兹尔
– Do you know where he lives – Yes, I know Basil.
他住在村外的农场里 往那边走
He lives on a farm outside of the village. Carry on that way.
谢谢你
Thank you so much.
那艘船是我找到的
I found that ship.
我不是什么剑桥大学的研究员 但我琢磨出了底下埋着的是什么
I may not be a fellow at Cambridge, but I worked out what was down there.
雅各布斯和斯普纳也有贡献 但没人会记得这一点
And Jacobs and Spooner, too, and nobody’ll remember that.
那可不一定
You don’t know that.
但你如果不坚持到底 那机会就更渺茫了
And if you’re not around to see it to the end,there’s even less chance.
你总是告诉我 你的工作关乎的不是过去或现在
You always told me your work isn’t about the past or even the present.
而是未来
It’s for the future.
是为了让后世子孙 能够知道自己来自何处
So that the next generations can know where they came from.
是将祖先和后代联♥系♥起来的纽带 你不总是这么说吗?
The line that joins them to their forebears.Isn’t that what you always say
差不多
Yeah, something like that.
否则的话 整个国家都在为战争做准备
Why else would the lot of you be playing in the dirt
你们怎么还会有闲情挖土呢?
while the rest of the country prepares for war
因为那有着重大意义 对吧?
Because that means something, innit
不同于眼前这场该死的战争 那份意义将永世长存
Something that’ll last longer than whatever damn war we’re heading into.
见鬼了
Good hell.
那是罗伯特
That’s Robert.
罗伯特?
Robert
罗伯特!
Robert!
布朗先生
Mr. Brown!
罗伯特 你这样一路骑过来了吗?
Robert, have you cycled all this way
你答应过我的
You promised.

May! May!
你说过要让我看宇宙的 你答应过我的
You said you’d show me the cosmos. You promised.
-天哪 这是谁呢? -这是罗伯特普莱提
– Good heavens! Who have we here – This is Robert Pretty.
罗伯特 我是布朗太太
Robert, I’m Mrs. Brown.
你骑了那么久的车 一定口渴了吧?
I bet you have a rare thirst after that long ride, don’t you
过来吧
Come you here.
-那么大老远骑车过来 -进去喝杯牛奶
– Let’s get you a cup of milk. – That’s a long way.
你母亲知道你在这里吗?
Does your mother know you’re here, Robert
-你怎么找到这里的? -她知道你骑车过来吗?
– How’d you find your way – She know you cycled
-我来帮你扶着自行车吧 -给他弄点火腿 梅
– Should I take your bike for you – Yes, please.
我得去给普莱提太太打个电♥话♥
I better find a telephone, May. Call Mrs. Pretty.
-谢谢你 -他没事 普莱提太太 他在屋里
– Thank you. – He’s all right.He’s inside.
-跟我来 -谢谢你
– Uh, come this way. – Thank you.
-我们显然急坏了 -是
– We were obviously very worried. – Yes. He’s…He’s…
这是我妻子 梅
Uh, this is May, my wife.
-普莱提太太 -非常感谢你
– Mrs. Pretty. – Thank you very much.
他没给我们添麻烦 真是个好孩子
He’s been no trouble. A lovely boy.
布朗太太有个来自惠特比的音乐盒
Mrs. Brown has a music box from Whitby
上面缀满了各种各样的贝壳
covered in all manner of shells.
你想看看吗?
Would you like to see
不 我们给人家添的麻烦已经够多了
Uh, no. We’ve imposed on your kindness enough.
你当时在想什么呢?
What were you thinking
你可能会迷路或被杀死的
You could have been lost or killed.
罗伯特
Robert…
-你当时在想什么呢? -母亲 对不起

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!