要那件天鹅绒蕾丝连衣裙
The velvet with the lace.
莱恩斯太太希望这不会引起不适
Mrs. Lyons hopes it will agree.
你的脚怎么样了 格莱特利先生?
How’s your leg, Mr.Grateley
好多了 太太 谢谢关心
Oh, much better, ma’am. Thank you for inquiring.
-要打开收音机吗? -好的 谢谢
-Would you like the wireless -Yes, please.
…三十二岁以下的空军国民警卫队
…the Air Guard under the age of 32
被要求随时待命接受进一步培训
are now being asked to stand by
成为皇家空军飞行员或机组人员
for further training as RAF pilots or crew.
她才在这里待了十二年
She’s only been here 12 year.
她从柴郡过来的
Came down from Cheshire.
然后嫁给了上校
Then she married the colonel.
他初遇伊迪丝的时候 她还是个学生
He first met with Edith when she was still at school.
在她十七岁生日那天 他向她求婚了
And on his 17th birthday, he asked her to marry him.
但被她拒绝了
She turned him down.
她说她不能离开自己的父亲
She say she can’t possibly leave her father.
之后的十三年 她一直照顾她的父亲
She cared for her father another 13 year,
直到他去世
until he died.
十三年
After 13 years.
她最终接受了上校的求婚
She finally accepted the colonel’s proposal.
这十三年来 他每年都在她生日那天向她求婚
He been asking every year on her birthday.On her birthday.
罗伯特刚出生后不久
Just after they had Robert…
她的丈夫也去世了
Her husband went and died too.
想象一下
Imagine that.
《惊异传奇》
你们谁想看一下吗?
Do any of you want to look through this
-还以为你是想让我坐下呢 -换你试试
– I thought we’d sit down on that. – You have a go.
对 就这样
That’s right.
我要跟着你回家了
I’m gonna follow you back home.
等等!拜托等一下!
Wait! Wait, for Christ’s sake!
快啊
Come on.
梅纳德!
Maynard! Maynard!
他们在位于斯内普的土墩墓里 找到了一颗铁铆钉 对吧?
They found an iron rivet at the burial mound at Snape, didn’t they
斯内普?巴兹尔 你找到什么了?
Snape Basil, what have you found
我的天哪 巴兹尔
My goodness, Basil.
-进展如何 巴兹尔? -还不错
– Right. Any joy, Basil – Coming along together.
斯普纳先生 能帮我从小屋里拿出卷尺吗?
Mr. Spooner, will you bring my tape measure from the hut
你们谁去把普莱提太太叫过来
One of you best get Mrs. Pretty down here.
-她去伦敦了 -什么?
– She’s gone up to London. – what?
去多久?
She what How long
她和罗伯特一起去了伦敦 去几天
London, with Robert. Couple of days.

Blast.
好吧 孩子们 开工了
Right, boys. Here we go. Come on together.
在普莱提太太回来前 我们最好做出点成绩来
Better have something to show Mrs. Pretty when she get back.
别忘了水晶杯
And the crystal glasses!
不行 你得走侧门
No, no, no. Side door, please.
普莱提太太从伦敦回来了吗?
Mrs. Pretty back from London yet
-普莱提太太正准备用餐 -我说了这是急事
– Mrs. Pretty’s about to dine. -I told you it was urgent.
布朗先生 我相信 你也不想打扰到太太吃晚餐
Mr. Brown, I’m sure you wouldn’t like to interfere with…
没关系 格莱特利先生
It’s all right, Mr. Grateley.
-那是布朗先生吗? -是
– Is it Mr. Brown – Yes,
亲爱的 小心点
darling. Darling
你最好出来看看
I think you’d better come and see.
那是一艘船
That’s a ship.
一艘船是什么意思?
How do you mean, a ship
那是一艘被埋在土墩里的船
Oh, well, that’s a ship that’s been buried in the mound.
怎么会有人想把船埋起来呢?
Why would anyone want to bury a ship
我想那是因为这是个坟墓
Well, I expect because that’s a grave.
谁的坟墓呀?
Whose grave
我想这是一位伟人的坟墓
Well, I’d expect this is a grave of a… a great man.
一名战士
A warrior…
或者一位国王
Or a king.
他们一定是将他的船
They must have pulled his ship
从那条河中拉到这片丘陵上
all the way up that there hill from the river.
首先在船底垫起滚木 再用绳索拖着前進
Now, they’d have put it on ropes, and they’d have hauled it over logs.
肯定动用了上百人力、上百匹马
Men, horses. It must have taken hundreds of ’em.
他们可不会为了某个小人物 如此大费周章
I don’t expect them to go to all this trouble for any little squirt.
你能想象他们为他办了 多么隆重的葬礼吗?
Can you imagine the send-off they’d be giving him
为他唱了多么悲壮的挽歌♥吗?
The songs they’d be singing.
他的白事酒宴 我看连斯普纳先生都会喝趴下
They’d have drunk Mr. Spooner under the table.
是维京人吗?
Vikings
我认为要更古老些
Well, I… I think that’s older.
梅纳德不认同 但我认为是盎格鲁-撒克逊人
Maynard disagrees, but I think it’s Anglo-Saxon.
这都归功于你 约翰雅各布斯 因为你找到了第一颗铆钉
Now, this is your doing, John Jacobs, ’cause you found the first rivet.
没错 普莱提太太 他确实找到了
That’s right, Mrs. Pretty. He did.
恭喜你 布朗先生
Congratulations, Mr. Brown.
-你不也觉得底下有东西了吗? -我的确有预感
-Well, you thought there was something, didn’t you -I had my feeling.
的确啊 普莱提太太 的确
That you did, Mrs. Pretty. That you did.
干得好 约翰
Oh, John.
-恭喜你 斯普纳先生 -谢谢你 太太
– Congratulations, Mr. Spooner. – Thank you, ma’am.
这个年轻人也功不可没啊
We couldn’t have done it without this young man here.
罗伯特 一艘船耶
Psst.Robert, a ship!
谢谢你 布朗先生
Thank you. Mr. Brown.
接下来要挖的土可多了
Well, there’s a lot of earth to… to shift now.
但谁知道呢?
But who knows
我很确定要努力的远不止于此
I’m pretty sure it continues further.
晚上好
Evening.
晚上好
Evening.
你知道这意味着什么吗?
Do you realize what this means
伊普斯威奇博物馆的未来 将会彻底改变
It’s going to change everything for Ipswich.
我们将成为 国内所有博物馆的眼红对象
We’ll be the envy of every museum in the country.
-你会被雨淋湿的 普莱提太太 -我已经湿透了
– You’re gonna get wet, Mrs. Pretty. – I’m afraid I already am.
摩尔先生非常慷慨地表示 愿意接手挖掘工程
Mr. ReidMoir has kindly offered to take charge of the dig.
我拒绝了他慷慨的提议
I turned his generous offer down.
-不是吧? -是的
– You didn’t. – I did.
他说了什么?
What did he say
他说我不能将遗物占为己有 事实确实如此
He said I couldn’t keep it to myself, which is true.
他肯定气炸了
I bet he blew his gasket.
在此期间 我让我表弟罗伊洛马克斯过来了
In the meantime, I’ve asked my cousin, Rory Lomax, to come.
-好 -我看得出来你缺帮手
– Right. – I can see you need another pair of hands.
他只是个门外汉 不过嘛 摩尔先生也是如此
He’s only an amateur, but then, so is Mr. Reid Moir.
-普莱提太太 还是去小屋里避雨吧 -哦 好
– Mrs. Pretty, you better go in the shed. – Oh, yes.
不然会被淋成落汤鸡的
You’re gonna get very wet here.
我想感谢你对罗伯特如此有耐心
I wanted to thank you for your patience with Robert.
他每天早上都等不及想出来见你
He can hardly wait to see you in the mornings.
有他在身边 我也不敢有丝毫懈怠
Well, keeps me on me toes, having him around.
你有小孩吗?
Do you have children
没有 我们…
No, uh, we, uh…
没有
No.
仆人们告诉我 从拉丁语到地质学 你全都研究过
The servants tell me you’ve studied everything,from Latin to geology.
浅学误人嘛
Well, a little education is a dangerous thing.
-听说你还写了一本书 -确实
-Apparently, you’ve written a book. -I have.
是一本天文图指南
A guide to astronomical maps and charts,
以便其内容能为一般民众所理解
to make them accessible to ordinary men.
我十二岁就被迫辍学
I left school when I was 12.
我一直都对知识充满渴望
Always had a hunger to study.
我考上了伦敦大学
I got a place at London University.
但我父亲不让我去
My father wouldn’t hear of it.
可否赏脸一起吃晚饭?
Would you have dinner with me
好的 谢谢你
Well… thank you. Yes.
晚上好 维拉
Evening, Vera.
房♥间有惊喜 巴兹尔
Surprise for you, Basil, in your room.

Right.

May.
我给你带了些新衬衫
I brought you some fresh shirts.
也是时候了
About time, I say.
-见到我你高兴吗? -当然了
– Are you pleased to see me – Of course I am.
-你不知道我要来吧? -不 不知道
– You didn’t know I was coming, did you – No. No, I didn’t.
我跟你说过了
I did tell you.
在上一封信里
In my last letter.
我打算留着周末再看的
I was saving them for the weekend.
我每天夜以继日地工作 你也懂我的

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!