How much better do you know than me?
普莱提太太 我促请你支持我们的罗马别♥墅♥工程
I must urge you, Mrs. Pretty, to support our Roman villa.
战争迫在眉睫 在敌对行动爆发之前 我们需要全员出动进行挖掘
War is looming.All hands are on deck to excavate before hostilities begin.
因此我们得要求你归还布朗先生
And so, we must ask you to return Mr. Brown.
我想让他完成他所开始的工程
I’d like him to finish what he’s started.
我们可能找到了 费利克斯托北部最大的罗马别♥墅♥
We may have found the largest Roman villa north of Felixstowe.
恕我直言 这可比你的小工程要重要得多
It’s of far greater import, if… if you’ll forgive me, than this…Minor venture.
选择权在于布朗先生
Then the choice is Mr. Brown’s.
不好意思 随着时间的推移 那块木头变成了一堆压实的沙子
Excuse me.Time had altered that piece of wood to compacted sand.
我猜错其年龄了
I didn’t guess its age correctly.
我之前推测是维京时期 但我认为那还要更古老些
I speculated Viking, but I think that’s older.
-盎格鲁-撒克逊时期 -不可能 布朗
– Anglo-Saxon. – That’s most unlikely, Brown.
别♥墅♥那里需要你 我过来就是想说这个 而且…
We should… We need you back at the villa. That’s what I’m here to say, and…
普莱提太太也说你可以走了
And Mrs. Pretty has released you.
我说选择权在于你
I have said it is your choice.
那我选择留下
Well, then I’ll stay.
谢谢你 太太
Thank you kindly, ma’am.
失陪一下
Excuse me.
布朗 听着 你的意思我们明白了
Now, look here, Brown.
每周付你2英镑就是了
You’ve made your point. You can have two pounds a week.
我们会给你几天时间善后 然后呢 鉴于我们是这地区唯一的博物馆
We’ll give you a few days to finish off here,and then, as we’re the only museum in the area,
我劝你还是为自己的未来着想
I’d carefully consider where your future lies.
明白
Understood.
布朗先生跟我们说了种种事情
Mr. Brown’s been telling us all sorts of things.
例如 作为一名考古学家 身上哪个部位最重要?
For instance, what’s the most important part of an archaeologist’s body
不知道
I don’t know.
是鼻子
His nose.
如果有遗物的话 他能靠鼻子闻出来
If there’s something there, he’ll know it by the smell.
今天下午去探望你父亲
You’re going to see your father this afternoon
我恐怕走不开 这里需要我
I… I’m afraid I’m needed here.
我可以离席了吗?
Um, please, may I get down
吃饱了就去吧
If you’re quite sure you’ve finished.
弗朗克普莱提
大热天吃水煮牛肉 任谁都受不了 莱恩斯太太
Boiled beef…On a hot day like this is unlikely to agree with anyone, Mrs. Lyons.
上次也是这样
It was exactly like last time.
普莱提太太 你的胃酸过多是操心太多所致
Mrs. Pretty, you produce all this acid because you’re a worrier.
这个问题我们之前讨论过了
We’ve spoken on this subject before.
你必须学会少操心
You must learn to stop worrying.
否则的话 会患上胃溃疡的
Otherwise, you’ll give yourself an ulcer.
是这样吗?
Well… if that’s what you think.
普莱提太太 别站在那里 那里不安全
Oh, you don’t wanna be down there, Mrs. Pretty. That ain’t safe.
斯普纳和约翰正在搭建支护结构 在那完成之前 我们无法继续
Spooner and John Jacobs are making supports.We can’t continue without them now.
我读了霍华德卡特 对挖掘图坦卡蒙陵墓的叙述
I was reading Howard Carter’s account of his excavation of the tomb of Tutankhamun.
站在墓室的门槛上
He stood at the threshold of the burial chamber,
这个三千年以来首个踏入陵墓的人
the first man to do so for 3,000 years,
看到油漆表面上还残留着手指印
and he saw finger marks still on the paint.
他说“时间失去了意义”
He say, “Time lost its meaning.”
我突然想到 你可能会挖掘出人类的遗骸
It occurs to me that you might unearth human remains.
有这个可能
Yeah, that’s possible.
我们掘地三尺 与亡者会面
We’re digging down to meet the dead.
事实上 是掘出他们的尸体
Disinterring them, in fact.
每当发现遗骸 都必须交由验尸官进行勘验
There’s always coroner’s inquests when remains are found.
无论入土了多少个世纪 亡者仍享有这个基本权利
The dead still get that courtesy, no matter how many centuries they’ve lain.
如果要往地底下挖 就必须考虑到…
We can’t dig down into the earth without considering that…
布朗先生?
Brown
布朗先生?
Mr. Brown
斯普纳!雅各布斯!快去找人帮忙!
Spooner! Jacob! Get help!
这里!
There! There! There!
撑着 巴兹尔
Come on, Basil!
小心他的头
Careful with his head.
布朗先生!
Mr. Brown!Mr. Brown!
布朗先生?
Mr. Brown
-醒过来了 -醒过来了
– That’s it. – That’s it.
布朗先生
Mr. Brown.Mr. Brown.
你没事了 没事了
You’re all right now. You’re all right. You’re all right.
你没事了
You’re all right.
把他带到书房♥ 格莱特利 让他躺在沙发上
Into the library, Grateley. Lay him on the sofa.
你看见什么了吗?
Did you see something
什么意思?
See something
你昏迷的时候
When you were gone.
我脑海中确实浮现了某个画面
Something did come into my head.
什么画面?
What was it
我爷爷
My, uh… my grandfather.
我有着跟他相同的名字
I have his name.
巴兹尔布朗
Basil Brown.
他是个农民
Farming man.
所有关于萨福克土壤的知识 都是他传授给我的
Taught me everything I know about Suffolk soil.
你看见他了?
And you saw him
我什么都没看见 我只是…
Oh, I saw nothing at all. I was just…
我只是想起他了
I just thought of him.
也许他看见你了
Well… perhaps he saw you.
不好意思
Excuse me.
布朗先生 你没事吧?
Mr. Brown, are you all right
布朗先生!
Mr. Brown!
布朗先生 你必须休息
Mr. Brown, you have to rest!
你看 普莱提太太
See, Mrs. Pretty…
这个你喜欢 并且想让我先着手的土墩
this one is the one you like.It’s the one you wanted
它呈椭圆形
me to start on. It’s oval.
就像猪背岭一样
Like a hog’s back.
其它的都是圆形的
See All the others, circular.
-是 -这片土地经历过长达千年的翻耕
– Yes. -Now, this land’s been plowed for 1,000 year.
假设在这里进行翻耕的农民
Now, supposing whoever plowed here…
一点一点地将土墩削低
Gradually knocked a bit off.
等到盗墓贼来时
So, by the time robbers come along,
他们将竖井挖在 他们以为是土墩中心的位置
they’d have sunk the flute into what they thought was the center.
-但可能并不是 -没错
– But it might not have been. – That’s right.
直觉告诉我 从东往西进行挖掘
East to west, that’s my feeling.
只要你一声令下
You say the word…
我就开挖
…and I’ll dig.
我的飞机坠毁在北极荒原上
My plane crashed into the Arctic waste, you see.
当我醒来的时候 五百年已经过去了
And when I woke up, 500 years had passed.
所以现在我被困在了二十五世纪
So, now I’m stuck in the 25th century.
那里什么情况啊?
What’s that like, then
地球被杀手凯恩掌控着 他是个极其邪恶的男人
Well, the Earth is controlled by Killer Kane,who’s an extremely evil man.
就像希♥特♥勒♥吗?
Like Hitler
对 不过他留了更丑的胡子
Yes, with an even worse mustache.
建造这些土墩墓的那些人 也留胡子吗?
Did the people who made these burial mounds have mustaches
还留了络腮胡呢
And beards.
他们特喜欢留络腮胡
They were a very beardy lot.
罗马人就不同了 他们喜欢把脸刮得干干净净
Not like them there Romans. Now, they liked the close shave.
那么维京人和太空飞行员 其实是一样的呀
The Vikings and the space pilots are the same, really, aren’t they
他们都喜欢探索新土地 以及在舰上战斗
They explore new lands and have battles in ships.
是啊 你这么一说
Yeah, when you put it like that,
他们好像确实是一样的
I suppose they might be the same.
他们经常飞过这里 这附近有个皇家空军基地
They come over all the time. There’s an RAF base nearby.
你想在空中飞行吗 布朗先生?
Would you like to fly, Mr. Brown
我确实飞起来了
Oh, but I do.
我的望远镜
All over the cosmos,
带我飞遍了整个宇宙
every time I look through my telescope.
你有望远镜哦?
You… You have a telescope
-是啊 -你带来了吗?
– I do. – Did you bring it with you
带了啊
I did.
能让我看看吗?
Well, will you show me
也许哦
I might.
天啊 那孩子还真是罗嗦
Cor! He likes to natter, he does.
瞎说什么太空旅行呢?
What was all that about space travel
布朗先生有好多书
Mr. Brown had an awful lot of books.
他带着一大包裹的书 骑着自行车过来
Came on his bike with a great parcel of them.
莱恩斯太太说一些还是挪威语书
Sloan says some are in Norwegian.
绿色丝绸连衣裙怎么样?
Shall we try the green silk
-那是你的最爱 对吧? -不
– It’s an old favorite, isn’t it – No.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!