这甚至不是结束的开始
No, it is not even the beginning of the end.
但这毕竟是开始的结束
But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.
空袭越来越严重
The air raids are getting worse.
英国飞机日夜飞往德国
The British planes come over day and night on their way to Germany.
太多了,太多了
It’s too much. Just too much.
要是他们炸到这所房♥子,我们该怎么办啊?
Suppose they hit this house? What will we do?
我们不能到街上去。我们该怎么办啊?
We can’t go out in the street. What will we do?
要是他们炸到这所房♥子,你的烦恼就解决了
If they hit this house, your worries will be over.
那个噪音——爆♥炸♥声——他们击中英国飞机了
That noise–that big explosion–they hit one of the English planes.
-正好落在这个街区。 -彼得
– It fell right in this block. – Peter!
彼得!
Peter!
-离这儿很远。 -不要紧张
-It’s far away from here. – Don’t be nervous.
看着吧。嗨,范·戴恩太太,对你来说,这就像音乐吧
Just look at them. Why, Mrs. Van Daan, this should be music to your ears.
-音乐? -当然
– Music? – Of course.
英国派来的飞机越多……
The more planes the British send over…
战争就结束的越快,我们也就能越快从这出去回家
the sooner the war will be over, the sooner we’ll be out of here and home.
我都不相信战争会结束
I don’t believe it’ll ever be over.
你知道我现在需要的吗?一杯茶
You know what I’d like right now? A cup of tea.
哦,是的,请
Oh, yes, please.
你不能喝早餐的茶
You can’t have tea then for breakfast.
要是现在喝茶,明天你就没有了
If you have tea now, you won’t have any tomorrow.
-我不在乎。 -我也不在乎
– I don’t care. – Neither do I.
我也是
Me, too, please.
那么你呢,达索尔先生?是现在喝你的茶还是明天早晨?
How about you, Mr. Dussel? Would you like your tea now or tomorrow morning?
-明天早晨。 -肯定吗?
– Tomorrow morning. – Sure?
肯定
Sure.
我现在喝我那份茶
I’ll take mine now.
探照灯!
The skylight!
埃蒂茨,过来!
Edith, come!
彼得!彼得!彼得!彼得!
Peter! Peter! Peter! Peter!
彼得!
Peter!
“赞美你,我主上帝……”
“Praised be Thou, O Lord our God…
“万物之主,用戒律使我们圣洁……”
“ruler of the universe who has sanctified us with Thy commandments…
“吩咐我们点燃光明节之灯。”
“and bidden us kindle the Hanukkah lights.
“赞美你,我主上帝,万物之主……”
“Praise be Thou, O Lord our God, ruler of the universe…
“使我们残年的父亲得到奇异的庇护。”
“who has wrought wondrous deliverances for our fathers in days of old.
“赞美你,我主上帝,万物之主……”
“Praise be Thou, O Lord our God, ruler of the universe…
“赐予我们生命,食物,给我们带来这快乐的季节。”
“that Thou has given us life, sustenance and brought us to this happy season.
-“阿门。” -阿门
– Amen.” – Amen.
1942年12月7日,星期一
Monday, the seventh of December, 1942.
今年光明节来的很早
The Hanukkah holiday came early this year.
“我们点燃光明节之灯……
“We kindle this Hanukkah light…
“赞美伟大美好的事迹……
“to celebrate the great and wonderful deeds…
“用上帝赐予心中的热忱工作……
“wrought through the zeal with which God filled the hearts…
“在2000年前的马卡比书中
“of the heroic Maccabees 2,000 years ago.
“与冷漠,暴虐和压♥迫♥而战……
“They fought against indifference, against tyranny and oppression…
“为我们修复了庙宇
“and they restored our temple to us.
愿这些灯提醒我们要永远遵从上帝…..
“May these lights remind us that we should ever look to God…
“我们得到帮助之地
“whence cometh our help.
“-阿门。” -阿门
– Amen.” -Amen.
“我要向山举目。我的帮助从何而来
“I lift up mine eyes unto the mountains from whence cometh my help.
“我的帮助从造天地的上帝而来
“My help cometh from the Lord who made heaven and Earth.
“他必不叫你的脚摇动
“He will not suffer thy foot to be moved.
保护你的必不打盹
“He that keepeth thee will not slumber.
“保护以色列的,也不打盹,也不睡觉
“He that keepeth Israel doth neither slumber nor sleep.
“保护你的是上帝。上帝在你的右边荫庇你
“The Lord is thy keeper. The Lord is thy shade upon thy right hand.
上帝要保护你,免受一切的灾害。他要保护你的性命
“The Lord shall keep thee from all evil. He shall keep thy soul.
“你出你入上帝要保护你……
“The Lord shall guard thy going out and thy coming in…
“从今时直到永远
“from this time forth and forevermore.
“-阿门。” -阿门
– Amen.” – Amen.
-阿门。 -可以给我帽子吗?
– Amen. – May I have the hats, please?
谢谢
Thank you.
-很好,很好。 -太感动了
– Very nice. Very nice. – That was very moving.
-坐下。 -坐下
– Sit down. – Sit down.
-你要去哪儿? -这里有很多的歌♥声和礼物
– Where are you going? – There’s lots more. Songs and presents.
-礼物? -很不幸,今年可没有
– Presents? – Not this year, unfortunately.
但是光明节每个人都会送礼物。人人都会
But always on Hanukkah everyone gives presents. Everyone.
-是的。 -就像我们的圣尼古拉节一样
– That’s right. – Like our Saint Nicholas day.
-圣尼古拉节。 -和圣尼古拉节不一样
– Saint Nicholas day. – No, not like Saint Nicholas day.
你算是什么犹太人,竟然不知道光明节?
What kind of a Jew are you that you don’t know Hanukkah?
我印象深刻的是蜡烛。先点一支,就像今晚这样
I remember particularly the candles. First one, as we have tonight.
然后第二夜点燃两支。再一夜是三支
Then the second night, you light two candles. The next night, three.
以此类推,一直到八支蜡烛点燃
And so on, until there are eight candles burning.
当点燃八支蜡烛的时候,相当美丽啊
When there are eight candles, it’s truly beautiful.
我记忆最深刻的是我们得到的礼物
What I remember best are the presents we used to get.
得到八天礼物。啊,一天比一天的好
Eight days of presents, and, well, each day they got better and better.
我们都在这里,都活着。这个礼物就足够了
We’re all here… alive. That’s present enough.
-不,不是。我有一些东西。 -是什么?
– No, it isn’t. I’ve got something. – What is it?
-干杯。 -干杯
– L ‘Chaim. – L ‘Chaim.
-礼物。 真正的礼物?
– Presents. – Real presents?
-她自己做的。 -看这个
– She made it herself. – Look at that.
-这不是节日吗?不该多彩一些吗? -噢,真漂亮
– Isn’t it festive? Isn’t it gay? – Oh, that’s beautiful.
-给玛戈特。 -啊
– For Margot. – Ah.
大声读
Read it out loud.
“你从来不发脾气。
“You have never lost your temper.
“我恐怕你永远不会
“You never will, I fear.
你太好了。但是要是可以的话,把你的纵横字谜放在这里。”
You are so good, but if you should, put all your cross words here.”
啊
Aww.
让我们看看是什么
Let’s see what it is.
是一本崭新的字谜书
It’s a new crossword puzzle book.
是你做过的。我把答案擦掉了……
It’s one you’ve done, but I rubbed it all out…
要是你等到忘记了,就可以重做一遍
and if you wait a little and forget, you can do it again.
-聪明,聪明。 -谢谢
– Clever, clever. – Thank you.
-给范·戴恩太太。 -啊哈
– For Mrs. Van Daan. – Ah-hah.
我真难过。我没有东西给大家
I feel terrible. I don’t have a thing for anybody.
是洗发香波
It’s hair shampoo.
我把肥皂的边边角角用我上次的洗漱用水化在一起
I took odds and ends of soap and mixed them with the last of my toilet water.
-噢,谢谢,安妮。 -太好了
– Oh, thank you, Anneke. – That was nice.
我要为所有人写首诗,但是我没有时间
I wanted to write a poem for all of them, but I didn’t have time.
没关系,安妮
That’s all right, Anne.
你的,范·戴恩先生,绝对是有用的东西
Yours, Mr. Van Daan, is really something.
-你最想要的东西。 -嗯
– Something you want more than anything. – Hmm.
-香烟! -看
– Cigarettes! – Look at that.
-香烟。 -两支
– Cigarettes. – Two of them.
爸爸在他的大衣里兜发现了一些旧烟叶……
father found some old pipe tobacco in the pocket lining of his coat…
我们就卷出来了-不如说是爸爸卷的
and we made them– rather, father did.
看啊
Look at that.
点上!快点上!
Light it! Go on and light it!
是烟叶,真的是
It’s tobacco. Really, it is.
里面有一点绒毛,但是不多
There’s a little fluff in it, but not much.
-点着了! -看他!
– It works! -Look at him.
谢谢你,安妮。谢谢
Thank you, Anne. Thank you.
范·戴恩先生!
Mr. Van Daan!
爸爸的。光明节的问候
For Mother. Hanukkah greeting.
这里有个我要支付的借据
“Here’s an I.O.U. that I promise to pay.
“做十个小时你吩咐我做的任何事情
“Ten hours of doing… whatever you say.
签名,安妮·弗兰克。”
Signed, Anne Frank.”
十个小时任何要你做的事情?
Ten hours of doing what you’re told?
-任何要你做的事情? -对
– Anything you’re told? – That’s right.
你不会要把它卖♥♥了吧,弗兰克太太,是吗?
You wouldn’t want to sell that, Mrs. Frank, would you?
绝不会。这是我得到的最珍贵的礼物
Never. This is the most precious gift I’ve ever had.
-给爸爸。 -我没想到还能得到礼物
– For father. – I wasn’t supposed to have a present.
-看。 -是条围巾
– Look at that. – It’s a muffler.
-哦,知道。 -象领带那样围在脖子上
-Oh, I know. -To wear around your neck like an ascot.
我每天晚上在黑暗中织的。我恐怕在黑暗中会更好看
I knitted it in the dark each night. I’m afraid it looks better in the dark.
真漂亮。谢谢,安妮。谢谢
It’s fine. Thank you, Annele. Thank you.
-太漂亮了。 -好可爱,不是吗?谢谢,安妮
– Isn’t it beautiful. – Lovely, huh? Thank you, Anne.
-给毛刺的。 -他一定会喜欢
– For Mouschi. -He’ll like it.
这是给你的。你自己的,来自呱呱小姐
And this is for you. Yourself. From Miss Quack-Quack.
快,打开
Go on. Open it.