不过把绿色穿在身上是一回事, 漆在墙上又是另一回事
I’m just trying to help. It’s your walls. Do what you want.
我只是想给点意见, 反正你自己作主就好
Remember, it’s only a health-code case.
记住, 这案子只是公共卫生
This is the first time since I was 13, I don’t have a job
自我十三岁以后, 这是我第一次没有工作
or two.
连兼差都没有
I feel like I’m floating around in that place.
我觉得我整天无所事事
You know, just drifting around or something.
浑浑噩噩没有生活目标
You’ll settle in.
你会习惯的
We had this little office in the condo
我们在老家公♥寓♥有间小办公室
Thanks.
谢谢
You know, his side and my side. Real nice.
我们共用办公室, 其实还不错
At night, I’d go to sleep, I’d see that light on
晚上睡觉前, 看着万家灯火
If I want to see Leamon, I make an appointment.
若我要见我老公, 得先预约
You’re kidding, right?
你在开玩笑
God, how do you handle it?
天啊, 你怎么受得了
Take a look around, honey.
小姐, 拜托你好不好
Look, you’ve got three choices.
反正你有三个选择
The Holy Trinity: You can work
你可以工作
you can play
你可以及时行乐
or you can breed.
你也可以生个宝宝
That’s a veal roast, Your Honor.
庭上, 这是小牛肉
USDA approved and stamped.
美国农业局认证许可
Men kill animals and eat their flesh.
人类宰杀动物供食用
Phillipe Moyez killed a goat.
菲利浦·摩伊兹杀了一只羊
He killed a goat.
他杀了一只羊
And he did it at home
而这件事是在他家中发生的
in a manner consistent with his religious beliefs.
与他信仰的宗教仪式一切相符
Now, Mr. Merto may find that bizarre.
莫杜先生可能觉得诡异
It’s certainly not a religious practice performed by everyone.
当然, 这项宗教仪式比较少见
It’s not as common as, say
它不像其他常见的宗教仪式
circumcision.
例如, 割礼
It’s not as common as the belief that
也不像一般的信仰
wine transforms into blood.
例如, 酒可以变成血
Some people handle poisonous snakes to prove their faith.
有人以舞弄毒蛇来证明信仰
Some people walk on fire.
有些人赤足过火
Phillipe Moyez killed a goat.
而菲利浦·摩伊兹则宰杀羔羊
And he did it
他做的这件事
while observing his constitutionally protected
只是行使获得宪法保障的权利
religious beliefs.
宗教信仰自♥由♥
Your Honor, this case is not about keeping goats
庭上, 这案子与饲养羔羊无关
or transporting goats or goat licensing.
也无关乎羊肉运送宰杀许可
The city was less concerned with the care of the animals
大家不去关怀动物保育问题
than the manner in which they were slaughtered.
却在宰杀方式上大作文章
Objection!
抗♥议♥
Enough, enough. I got it.
可以了, 我都了解了
Let’s wrap it up.
做总结吧
Your Honor
庭上
the city timed this police action to catch my client
警方对我客户的逮捕行动
exercising his constitutionally protected right to religious freedom.
而他所行使的, 正是宪法保障的宗教信仰自♥由♥
This is a law protecting kosher butchering.
这是法律保护的犹太教屠礼
Exactly, Your Honor.
完全正确, 庭上
I’d like to move at this time for a verdict of dismissal.
我在此请求对本案撤销控诉
I happen to know a little bit about kashrut law, Mr. Lomax.
我对犹太教仪式也小有研究
I’m aware of that, Your Honor.
我也注意到了, 庭上
That’s why I feel confident in requesting a dismissal.
所以我更有信心申请撤销控诉
Mr. Merto?
莫杜检察官
For God’s sake, man
天啊, 你怎么呢
Congratulations. Great job.
恭喜了, 精采, 谢谢
Bravo! Bravo!
值得喝采, 值得鼓掌
Pamela, you look lovely.
潘蜜拉, 你真漂亮
So, Phillipe, satisfied?
菲利浦, 满意吗
Always, Jean.
非常满意
What can I say?
凯文, 我还能说什么呢
Outstanding.
太漂亮了
Go figure it, a guy like Moyez
你绝对想不到, 伊兹这种人
living in some subterranean shithole
住在贫民区的狗窝里
all the while he’s walking around with $15 million in the bank.
竟有一千五百万美金存款
You’re kidding.
你在开玩笑
What do you think he’s paying us in? Goat’s blood?
你以为他用什么付律师费, 用羔羊的血吗
Tarzan, we’re billing you out at $400 an hour, my friend.
老弟, 你现在的律师费身价, 是一小时四百美金
I don’t see a whole lot of pro-bono work in your immediate future.
我可不会让你去做义工
I figured you came down to make sure I didn’t fuck this up.
你怕我搞砸, 所以出席旁听
Maybe I did.
大概是吧
Don’t get too cocky, my boy. No matter how good you are
不要太自负, 无论你多厉害
don’t let them see you coming. That’s the gaffe, my friend.
也别让人看出来, 骄兵必败
You’ve gotta keep yourself small.
你必须时时保持低姿态
Innocuous.
毫不具威胁性
Be the little guy.
要假装是个无名小卒
You know, the nerd, the leper
要别人当你是蠢才
the shitkicking surfer. Look at me.
扮猪吃老虎, 你看看我
Underestimated from day one.
没有人拿我当一回事
You’d never think I was a master of the universe, would you?
你没想到我曾是宇宙主宰吧
That’s your only weakness, as far as I can see.
这就是你唯一个缺点
What’s that?
什么
It’s the look.
你的外型
That Florida stud thing.
佛罗里达超级大帅哥
What is that?
那是什么
Excuse me, ma’am. Did I leave my boots under your bed?
你想骗谁, 看起来就像不敢花心的好丈夫
Never worked a jury that didn’t have a woman.
我还没碰过清一色男性陪审团
You know what you’re missing?
你知道你缺少什么吗
You’re missing what I have.
你还得向我多学学
There’s this beautiful girl, just fucked me 40 ways from Sunday
礼拜天, 我和一个美艳尤物, 连续换了数十种姿势
we’re done, she’s walking to the bathroom, trying to walk
最后搞完了, 她走到浴室
she turns
还依依不舍地回头望着我
she looks
她看着我
it’s me.
就是我
Not the Trojan army that just fucked her. Little old me.
和她搞的可不是什么牛郎壮汉, 而是我这个小老头
She gets this look on her face like:
她脸上的表情是这样的
How the hell did that happen?
怎么会发生这种事
I’m the hand up Mona Lisa’s skirt.
应付女人我是一流的
I’m a surprise, Kevin.
我才是真人不露相, 凯文
They don’t see me coming.
人们根本不曾注意到我
That’s what you’re missing.
这方面你还不行
Where’s the chicken?
那只斗鸡呢
There’s a chicken, plays tic-tac-toe, never loses. He’s famous.
有只斗鸡, 身经百战从未输过
Never loses, like you.
从未输过, 和你一样
Come on. I’ll show you the fastest way uptown.
我们用最快的方式到住♥宅♥区去
Learn the subways, Kevin.
你要学着坐地下铁, 凯文
Use them.
要多多利用它
Stay in the trenches.
要时时融入人群中
Only way I travel.
这是我唯一的交通工具
What happened to the green?
怎么把绿色换了
I loved the green! Honey, you’re late!
我喜欢绿色, 怎么那么晚
We’re due up at the Barzoon’s palace in 15 minutes.
再十五分钟晚宴就要开始了
What’s all this?
这是干嘛
All what?
什么干嘛
Jackie says the “who’s who” of New York is gonna be there tonight.
洁琪说, 今晚的宴会, 会有纽约名人录的记者采访
All this? Oh, that.
这些东西 哦, 这个呀
It was going to be a nursery
本来我打算当做婴儿房♥
then I remembered you’d have to be home long enough to knock me up.
不过你大概没时间跟我生小孩
So now I’m thinking of building a law library.
所以我想改成法律图书室
Oh, baby.
宝贝
Tell me I can handle this.
给我一点信心
You can handle this.
我给你信心
Say something nice. Something nice.
鼓励我一下 鼓励你
Promise me you won’t leave me alone in there.
你不可以在里面丢下我不管
I promise.
放心, 不会啦
There you are.
你们来了
Diana Barzoon. Eddie’s wife.
我是艾迪的太太, 黛安娜
Nice to meet you.
幸会, 抱歉, 来晚了
Kevin Lomax, Health Code Warrior.