冷眼旁观
Like a wind-up toy.
看着他大起大落
Like 250 pounds
脑满肠肥
of self-serving greed on wheels.
利欲薰心
The next thousand years is right around the corner.
下个千禧年即将来临
Eddie Barzoon
仔细看看艾迪·巴住吧
take a good look because…
因为像他这副德性…
he’s the poster child for the next millennium.
就是下个世纪人类的代表
These people, it’s no mystery where they come from.
这种人出现毫不足为奇
You sharpen the human appetite
人类的胃口越来越大
to the point where it can split atoms with its desire.
为了私利, 无所不为
You build egos the size of cathedrals.
好大喜功, 教堂越盖越大
Fiber-optically connect the world to every eager impulse.
通讯发达让人类更加自我膨胀
Grease even the dullest dreams with these dollar-green
贪得无厌的结果
gold-plated fantasies until every human becomes an aspiring emperor
人类终将在物欲下沉沦
becomes his own god. Where can you go from there?
妄尊自大, 目中无人
Wrong way!
跑错方向了
Fuck you
去你的
As we’re scrambling from one deal to the next
我们整天庸庸碌碌, 为一件件生意争得你死我活
who’s got his eye on the planet?
有谁关心我们安身立命的地球
As the air thickens, the water sours
空气水源都被严重污染了
even bees’ honey takes on the metallic taste of radioactivity
连蜂蜜都有放射线的金属味
and it just keeps coming, faster and faster.
而情况只会愈演愈烈
Help! Stop it!
救命, 别跟着我
There’s no chance to think, to prepare.
一切来得让你措手不及
It’s buy futures, sell futures
这种人只会透♥支♥未来
when there is no future.
总有一天世界会被这种人毁灭
We got a runaway train, boy.
小子, 世界已陷入一片混乱
We got a billion Eddie Barzoons all jogging into the future.
到处充斥着艾迪这种跳梁小丑
Every one of them is getting ready to fistfuck God’s ex-planet
随时准备把地球搞成一片废墟
lick their fingers clean…
他们再心满意足地…
as they reach out toward their pristine cybernetic keyboards
走到他们电脑前面
to tote up their fucking billable hours.
在帐单上再记上几笔
And then it hits home.
谁才是罪魁祸首
You got to pay your own way, Eddie.
艾迪, 一切是你自作自受
It’s a little late in the game to buy out now.
现在才后悔就太迟了
Give me your watch.
表给我
I like this watch! Do you think you’re just going to take it?
这是我最喜欢的表, 抢我表, 想都别想
Your belly’s too full
你这辈子贪得无厌
your dick is sore
生活淫乱不堪
your eyes are bloodshot and you’re screaming for someone to help.
现在你的报应到了, 你四处求救
But guess what?
怎么会这样
There’s no one there!
竟然没有人帮你
You’re all alone, Eddie.
完全孤立无援
You’re God’s special little creature.
你是上帝的子民
Maybe it’s true.
这或许是真的
Maybe God threw the dice once too often.
或许上帝爱拿人类未来当赌注
Maybe He let us all down.
或许上帝让大家失望了
You testified the defendant called you at 4:30
你说被告四点半时打电♥话♥给你
to ask you to come to his office gym for the purposes of sex.
叫你到他办公室去做♥爱♥
Yes.
是的
Mr. Cullen, though, he’s not just your lover, is he? He’s the boss.
库伦先生, 是你情人兼老板
Yes.
是的
So two hours go by before you act on his request?
两小时后, 你进去找他
Yes, I went up at 6:10.
是的, 我上楼时是六点十分
It was 6:10 because I heard the weather coming on the news.
因为我刚好听到气象报告
Okay, stop.
好, 暂停
This prosecutor is no fool.
检察官不是笨蛋
He’s going to change tempo, attitude, tone of voice.
他会用不同的语调, 速度问你
He’s going to come out with questions you never thought of just to screw you up.
他会问奇奇怪怪的问题扰乱你
So what do we do?
我们要怎么办
Yes and no answers. Stay calm.
回答是或不是, 保持冷静
Exactly.
完全正确
Is it your testimony, Mrs. Black, that between the hours of 6:10 and 9:40
你说在六点十分到九点四十分
you were engaged in sexual congress with the defendant?
你和被告在这段时间发♥生♥关♥系♥
Yes.
是的
At any point during this three-hour marathon did you lose sight of the defendant?
这三小时内被告是否离开过
No. Did he use the bathroom?
不 他有到浴室去吗
Yes. Is he circumcised?
有 他割过包皮吗
You understand the question?
你听到我的问题了
Yeah.
是的
So is he cut or not?
他割过包皮吗
Yes.
是的
Which is it?
你在回答哪个问题
You’ve polished his knob three times a week for six months.
你半年来和他每周搞三次
You don’t know if he has foreskin?
却不知道他有没有包皮
I’ve had enough of your fucking game!
我受够了
Why don’t you take your questions and shove them up your ass!
我不玩了
What’s happening?
怎么回事
It’s Eddie Barzoon.
艾迪出事了
What about him?
他怎么了
He’s dead. He was killed.
他死了, 被人谋杀的
When? Last night.
什么时候的事 昨天晚上
In the park. He was running, if you can believe it.
在公园里 他当时在慢跑
What is wrong with people?
这个社会到底怎么了
At least they got the scumbags who did it.
杀人凶手抓到了
Who?
谁干的
Two old homeless crazies.
无家可归的流浪汉
You’re due in court in 30 minutes.
你再半小时内要出庭
Get your things together. Are we finished in here or what?
把东西准备好 问完了吗
I’ll bring Melissa down to the car. You better get going.
我带玛莉莎去坐车
I want you to put Eddie aside. Let me worry about it.
艾迪的事我来搞定, 你别操心
You’ve got to deal with Cullen.
放心去管库伦案子吧
You’ve got to marshal your strength. Prioritize. Conserve your energy.
你要全力集中在这件事上
I can’t put her on the stand.
我不能让她出庭作证
What choice do you have? I know she’s lying!
你别无任何选择 我知道她在说谎
She’s lying because she didn’t answer you fast enough? She lied to you? No.
你认为她在说谎, 就因为她回答得不够快, 她有说谎, 不
She said nothing.
她什么都没说
Fact is, you’ll never know anyway.
反正你也不会知道事情真♥相♥
He killed those people.
人是他杀的
You really believe that?
你真的相信
He set me up.
他在设计我
Cullen fucking set me up. Melissa the whole thing.
库伦他妈的设计我, 玛莉莎, 整件事都是他设计的
I know it.
我就知道
Got to go with your gut.
凭你直觉去判断吧
That’s your advice?
你的建议只有这样
I’ll back you either way.
无论如何我都会支持你
Maybe it’s your time to lose.
或许你也该输一次了
Think I haven’t lost before?
你以为我打官司没输过
We talked about this, remember?
我们讨论过, 记得吗
Pressure.
压力
Take a big whiff.
现在这正是个压力的关卡
All rise!
起立
The Honorable Armand Poe presiding.
法官请就位
Please be seated.
大家请坐
All right, Mr. Lomax
罗麦斯先生
you may present your case.
可以开始了
Mr. Lomax
罗麦斯先生
I call Melissa Black.
要求传唤证人玛莉莎·布莱克
Raise your right hand.
请举手
Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth nothing but the truth, so help you God?
你发誓所有证词绝无虚假
I do.
我发誓
Feeney, it’s him.
她老公来了
She didn’t look well. Felix tried to talk to her.
她情绪不稳, 我们在试着劝她
Where is she? Church of the Heavenly Hope.
她人呢 在教堂里
Honey.
老婆
It’s me.
我来了
What happened?
怎么回事
Are you okay?
你还好吗
He let himself in. You need to know that.
他开了门进来, 你一定要知道
Who let himself in?