芝加哥 著名百老汇歌♥舞剧
这周末有没有安排
You doing anything fun this weekend?
有
Yes.
是啊 内特说很好
Yeah, Nate said it was great.
他其实应聘过这里 但他们需要经验丰富的
He actually… He applied here, but they wanted someone with more experience.
给 嗯 是什么
Here. Huh? What’s this?
我不想你拖房♥租
I don’t want you to get behind on your rent.
爸 你怎么 只是
Dad, how did you… It’s…
我要掐我妈
I’m gonna kill Mom.
谢谢你 爸爸
Dad, thank you.
真高兴见到你 我也是 宝贝
It’s really good to see you. You too, honey.
你想现在就说正题呢
So, you want to start grilling me now…
还是等吃了晚饭后
or should we wait till after dinner?
我想让你吃了早饭再说
I thought I’d let you at least enjoy the bread basket first.
不 不 没关系 现在说吧
No, no, no. It’s okay. Go right ahead.
我们只是很担心你 宝贝
We’re just a little worried, honey.
我们凌晨两点收到你的电子邮件
We get e-mails from you at your office at 2:00 a.m.
工资低 又不参与文笔工作
Your pay is terrible. You don’t get to write anything.
嘿 这么说不公平
Hey, that’s not fair.
我写了那些电子邮件的
I wrote those e-mails.
我试着了解被斯坦福法律系接受的人
I’m just trying to understand why someone who got accepted to Stanford Law…
为什么会想做记者 更何况你现在还不算是记者
turns it down to be a journalist, and now you’re not even doing that.
爸 你要相信我
Dad, you have to trust me.
做马琳达的助理就不用愁将来了
Being Miranda’s assistant opens a lot of doors.
艾米莉要和马琳达去巴黎几个月
Emily is going to Paris with Miranda in a few months…
她会遇到著名杂♥志♥社的编辑和作者
and she’s gonna meet editors and writers from every important magazine.
再过一年 我也能去了
And in a year, that could be me.
好吗 嗯
All right? Mm-hmm.
爸 我发誓 这将是我的转折点
Dad, I swear, this is my break.
这是我的 机遇
This is my… my chance.
是我老板
This is my boss.
爸 对不起 我得接这个电♥话♥ 接吧 接吧
I’m sorry, Dad. I have to take this. Take it. Take it.
你好 马琳达 我的班机取消了
Hello. Miranda? My flight has been canceled.
因为什么荒谬的天气原因
It’s some absurd weather problem.
我要今晚回家 双胞胎明天要在学校表演独奏
I need to get home tonight. The twins have a recital tomorrow morning at school.
什么 在学校
What? At school!
好的 我来想办法 很好
Absolutely. Let me see what I can do. Good.
嗨 我知道事情紧急
Hi. Um, I know this is totally last minute…
但我希望你今晚能帮我老板找架
but I was hoping that you could maybe get a flight for my boss…
从迈阿密飞往纽约的飞机
from Miami to New York tonight?
就这里 谢谢 是 任何一种喷气机都行
It’s right here. Thank you. Yeah, any kind of jet.
从迈阿密飞往纽约 谢谢
From Miami to New York. Thank you.
是的 今晚就要 我要 哦
Yup, I need it tonight. I need it… Ow!
我以为你从那边出来 亲爱的 我没有
I thought you were going out the other… Sweetie! No.
在这里 亲爱的 今晚
It’s over here, honey. Tonight.
嗨 我要今晚的飞机 今晚 迈阿密到纽约
Hi. I’m trying to get a flight tonight… for tonight… from Miami to New York.
是 我知道有暴风
Yes, I know there’s a hurricane.
都飞不出去 什么叫都飞不出去
Nothing is flying out? What do you mean, nothing is flying out?
是马琳达·皮斯利的要求 她是你们的客户
It’s for Miranda Priestly, and I know that she’s a client of yours.
是 是 我要一架迈阿密去纽约的飞机
Yes. Yes, hi. I need a jet tonight from Miami to New York.
是 对不起 等一下 喂 马琳达
Yeah. Sorry. Hold on. Hello? Miranda, hi.
我在尽力给你找飞机 但因天气原因 飞机都飞不了
I’m trying to get you a flight, but no one is flying out because of the weather.
拜托 这只是 我不知道 毛毛雨
Please. It’s just… I don’t know… drizzling.
总有人要出去
Someone must be getting out.
打电♥话♥给多娜特拉 让她找
Call Donatella. Get her jet.
找所有社交圈里有飞机的人 俄弗
Call everybody else that we know that has a jet. Irv?
打给每个人 这是你的职责 你的工作
Call every… This is your responsibi… This is yourjob.
让我回家
Get me home.
哦 天哪 她会杀了我的
Oh, my God! She’s going to murder me.
她要你怎么做 叫国民警卫队去援救她
What does she want you to do, call the National Guard and have her airlifted out of there?
当然不是 我会那么做吗
Of course not. Could I do that?
来
Come on.
我们走
Come on.
芝加哥 歌♥舞剧
她们的独奏太精彩了
The girls’ recital was absolutely wonderful.
选了拉克曼尼诺夫的作品 所有人都说好
They played Rachmaninoff. Everyone loved it.
除了我
Everyone except me…
因为 不幸地 我不在场
because, sadly, I was not there.
马琳达 我很抱歉
Miranda, I’m so sorry.
知道我为什么雇你吗
Do you know why I hired you?
我总是雇类似的女孩
I always hire the same girl…
时髦 苗条 当然还有
stylish, slender, of course…
崇拜这本杂♥志♥
worships the magazine.
但是 她们总变得
But so often, they turn out to be…
我不知道 让人失望
I don’t know… disappointing and, um…
变得愚蠢
stupid.
而你 有漂亮的简历
So you, with that impressive resume…
还有夸夸其谈地说自己是工作狂
and the big speech about your so-called work ethic…
我 我以为你会不一样
I, um… I thought you would be different.
我对自己说 去吧
I said to myself, go ahead.
抓住机会
Take a chance.
雇一个聪明的胖女孩
Hire the smart, fat girl.
我有过希望
I had hope.
天哪 希望是我的动力
My God. I live on it.
总之 你却比其他任何蠢女孩
Anyway, you ended up disappointing me more than, um…
都更让我感到失望
more than any of the other silly girls.
我真的做了我能做的
Um, I really did everything I could think of.
呃 就这样
Uh… That’s all.
站住 你要去哪儿
Excuse me! Where do you think you’re going?
她恨我 奈杰尔
She hates me, Nigel.
这跟我有关
And that’s my problem because…
哦 等等 这跟我没关系
Oh, wait. No, it’s not my problem.
我不知道还能怎么做 事情做对了 好像是应该的
I don’t know what else I can do because if I do something right, it’s unacknowledged.
她连谢谢都不说
She doesn’t even say thank you.
但如果事情做错了 她就是个巫婆
But if I do something wrong, she is vicious.
辞职好了 什么
So quit. What?
辞职 辞职
Quit. Quit?
我可以在五分钟内找到一个 非常想要这份工作的女孩顶替你
I can get another girl to take your job in five minutes… one who really wants it.
不 我不要辞职 这不公平
No, I don’t want to quit. That’s not fair.
我只是说 我想要为自己的努力
But, you know, I’m just saying that I would just like a little credit…
赢得些奖励
for the fact that I’m killing myself trying.
安迪 现实点
Andy, be serious.
你根本没有努力
You are not trying.
你在抱怨 我
You are whining. I…
你希望我对你说什么
What is it that you want me to say to you, huh?
要我说”真可怜 马琳达又欺负你了 可怜的安迪”
Do you want me to say, “Poor you. Miranda’s picking on you. Poor you. Poor Andy”?
是吗 醒醒 六号♥女生
Hmm? Wake up, six.
她只是做她的工作
She’s just doing herjob.
你知道吗 你工作的这个地方
Don’t you know that you are working at the place…
负责出版近百年来顶尖艺术家的作品
that published some of the greatest artists of the century?
豪斯顿 拉格费尔德 德拉伦塔
Halston, Lagerfeld, de la Renta.
他们的作品 创作
And what they did, what they created…
比艺术更伟大 因为你生活在这种艺术之中
was greater than art because you live your life in it.
哦 当然不包括你 但包括不少人
Well, not you, obviously, but some people.
你以为这只是本杂♥志♥ 对吗
You think this is just a magazine, hmm?
这不仅仅是杂♥志♥
This is not just a magazine.
这是希望的灯塔 指路给
This is a shining beacon of hope for…
哦 我不知道
oh, I don’t know…
比方说一个生活在罗得岛上 有六个兄弟的男孩
let’s say a young boy growing up in Rhode Island with six brothers…
在上缝纫课时 模仿足球训练的动作
pretending to go to soccer practice when he was really going to sewing class…
晚上在被窝里用手电筒看《天桥》
and reading Runway under the covers at night with a flashlight.
你不知道这里员工的艰辛
You have no idea how many legends have walked these halls.
更糟糕的是 你根本不在乎
And what’s worse, you don’t care.
在这里 更多人是热爱这份工作
Because this place, where so many people would die to work…
而你是被迫的
you only deign to work.
你还抱怨她为什么不亲吻你的额头
And you want to know why she doesn’t kiss you on the forehead…
每天给你的作业批个金色五角星
and give you a gold star on your homework at the end of the day.
醒醒吧 亲爱的
Wake up, sweetheart.
好吧 我搞砸了 嗯
Okay. So I’m screwing it up. Mmm.
我不想这样的
I don’t want to.
我只希望知道自己该怎么做
I just wish that I knew what I could do to…