and his many accomplishments…
我想首先与大家分享一个消息
I would like first to share some news with you.
正如大部分人所知
Um, as many of you know…
最近马西莫·科特利让内
uh, recently Massimo Corteleoni…
决定为詹姆斯·浩特这个品牌注资
has agreed to finance the expansion of theJames Holt label…
将这位富于创造灵感的艺术家的作品
transforming the work of this visionary artist…
转变成一个全球品牌 一个振奋人心的产业
into a global brand, which is really an exciting enterprise.
《天桥》与詹姆斯·浩特 有着许多的共同之处
Runway and James Holt share many things in common…
最重要的是 都拥有对达到完美卓越的渴望
chief among them, a commitment to excellence.
所以 一旦时机成熟 我们也会不出意料的发现
And so, it should come as no surprise that when the time came…
詹姆斯在为詹姆斯·浩特国际公♥司♥ 挑选主管时
forJames to choose the new president ofJames Holt International…
他选择的是《天桥》中的一员
he chose from within the Runway family.
今天我最大的荣幸是
And it’s my great happiness today…
向诸位宣布 这位新主管是
to announce to you all that that person…
我的朋友 备受尊敬的同事
is my friend and longtime esteemed colleague…
杰奎琳·芙蕾
Jacqueline Follet.
谢谢 谢谢
Thank you. Merci.
言归正传
And now to the main event…
詹姆斯·浩特的庆典
our celebration ofJames Holt.
我们《天桥》都深感骄傲
We at Runway are very proud to have been…
等时机一到 她会为此付出代价的
When the time is right, she’ll pay me back.
你确定吗
You sure about that?

No.
但我会抱希望的
But I hope for the best.
我必须这样
I have to.
你以为我不知道
You thought I didn’t know.
我早先就知道他们在搞什么
I’ve known what was happening for quite some time.
不过是花了我一点时间 帮杰奎琳安排个其它合适的位子
Itjust took me a little while to find a suitable alternative forJacqueline.
而那个詹姆斯·浩特主管位子 绝对是超过了她的期望
And that James Holtjob was so absurdly overpaid…
理所当然 她高兴得不行
that, of course, she jumped at it.
这样我就告诉俄弗杰奎琳另有打算
So I just had to tell Irv that Jacqueline was unavailable.
事实是 没有人能干得像我一样
The truth is, there is no one that can do what I do…
包括她
including her.
任何其他人选都无法胜任这项工作
Any of the other choices would have found that job impossible…
杂♥志♥社自身也会受影响
and the magazine would have suffered.
特别是当我拿出一张名单
Especially because of the list.
拿出来一张设计师 摄影师
The list of designers, photographers…
编辑 作家 模特等等 所有经我发掘 培养
editors, writers, models, all of whom were found by me, nurtured by me…
并答应即使我离开《天桥》
and have promised me they will follow me…
也会和我共同进退的人的名单
whenever and if ever I choose to leave Runway.
于是他重新考虑了
So he reconsidered.
但是 当你想方设法的试图警告我时
But I was very, very impressed…
我还是非常 非常的感动
by how intently you tried to warn me.
我从没想过我会对你说这些 安吉丽雅
I never thought I would say this, Andrea…
我真的
but I really…
在你身上看到很多与我相似的地方
I see a great deal of myself in you.
你能看透别人的想法和需要
You can see beyond what people want and what they need…
你会为自己做出选择
and you can choose for yourself.
我不觉得我像你
I don’t think I’m like that.

I…
我不能像你那样对奈杰尔 马琳达
I couldn’t do what you did to Nigel, Miranda.
我不能做出那样的事
I couldn’t do something like that.
你已经做了
Mm. You already did.
对艾米莉
To Emily.
那不是我想
That’s not what I…
不 那是 那是不一样的 我没得选
No, that was… that was different. I didn’t have a choice.
噢 不 你选了 你选择了超越她
Oh, no, you chose. You chose to get ahead.
你想过这样的生活 这些选择是必须的
You want this life, those choices are necessary.
但如果这不是我想要的呢
But what if this isn’t what I want?
我是说 如果我不想要过 你这样的生活呢
I mean, what if I don’t wanna live the way you live?
别傻了 安吉丽雅 每一个人都想过这种生活
Don’t be ridiculous, Andrea. Everybody wants this.
每一个人都想和我们一样
Everybody wants to be us.
我只有二十分钟的时间
I have to be at work in 20 minutes.
怎么了
What’s up?
这个 我只是
Well, I just…
我想告诉你 你以前说的那些话都是对的
I wanted to say that you were right about everything.
那些
That…
我抛弃了我的朋友 我的家庭
I turned my back on my friends and my family…
我所重视的一切
and everything I believed in…
然后 为了什么
and… and for what?
为了鞋子 衬衫 外套 腰带
For shoes and shirts and jackets and belts.
内特
Nate.
我很抱歉
I’m sorry.

I…
你离开的这段时间我去了趟波士顿
I flew up to Boston while you were gone.
去橡树餐厅面试了
I interviewed at the Oak Room.
然后呢
And?
然后你现在见到的 是他们的新任大厨
And you’re looking at their new sous-chef.
我过段时间就要搬去那边了 太棒了 恭喜你
I’m moving up there in a couple weeks. That’s great. Congratulations.
我不知道没有那些 深夜香烤干酪该怎么过 不过
I don’t know what I’m gonna do without those late-night grilled cheeses, but…
我相信波士顿一定有面包卖♥♥的
I’m pretty sure they have bread in Boston.
也许还有某人最爱的奶酪
May even haveJarlsberg.
我们应该可以解决一些问题
We might be able to figure something out.
是吗
You think?
是的
Yeah.
那你怎么样 你现在打算做什么
So, what about you? I mean, what are you gonna do now?
事实上 我 我今天有个面试
Actually, I, uh… I have a job interview today.
噢 是吗
Oh, yeah? Mm-hmm.
你就穿这些去
That’s what you’re wearing?
闭嘴 我喜欢这么穿
Shut up. I like this.
安迪 格雷格·希尔 你好
Andy, Greg Hill. Hello.
跟我来 这些东西写得很好
Come on. These clips are excellent.
这篇关于学校工友会的报道 正是我们这里的风格
This thing on the janitors’ union, that’s exactly what we do here.
我唯一的问题是 《天桥》
My only question is, Runway?
你在那里干了不到一年
You were there for less than a year.
为什么待那么短的时间就走呢
What the hell kind of a blip is that?
我学到了很多
Learned a lot.
但后来 我搞砸了一些事情
In the end though, I kind of screwed it up.
我打电♥话♥过去 问关于你的推荐 给一个傲慢的女孩留了话
I called over there for a reference, left word with some snooty girl.
后来 我接到马琳达·皮斯里 本人发来的传真
Next thing you know, I got a fax from Miranda Priestly herself…
她说在她所有的助理里
saying that of all the assistants she’s ever had…
你是 到目前为止最让她失望的
you were, by far, her biggest disappointment.
而且 如果我不请你 我就是个傻瓜
And, if I don’t hire you, I am an idiot.
你一定做了些正确的事
You must have done something right.
马琳达·皮斯里办公室
Miranda Priestly’s office.
嘿 艾米莉 我是安迪 别挂 我想请你帮个小忙
Hey, Emily, it’s Andy. Don’t hang up. I have a favor to ask you.
你想请我帮个小忙
You have a favor to ask of me?
是啊 是这样的 我这里有一些巴黎来的衣服
Yeah. The thing is, I have all these clothes from Paris…
我现在根本没机会穿
and I don’t have anyplace to wear them…
所以我在想你可不可以 帮我处理这些衣服
so I was wondering if you could take them off my hands.
这个 我不知道 这真有点强人所难
Well, I don’t know. It’s a huge imposition.
我还得把衣服拿去改小 你那些大号♥衣服能淹死我
And I’ll have to get them taken in. I mean, they’ll drown me.
不过我也许可以帮帮你 我会让罗伊下午过去拿
But I suppose I could help you out. I will have Roy pick them up this afternoon.
谢谢 感激不尽 祝你好运
Thanks, Em. I appreciate it. Good luck.
你有得学了
You have some very large shoes to fill.
希望你能听明白
I hope you know that.
我真是不明白 不过是叫人把车开过来
I don’t understand why it is so challenging…
有那么难吗
to get my car when I ask for it.

Go.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!