Burial ground.
一个品种 分开 毫无意义
“Breed apart. We make no sense?”
我加注 你是特例
In your particular case, miss, I’d make allowance.
非常感谢
Thank you so much.
你原本的家人呢
Where is your real family?
我的父母 姐妹全被杀害了
They buried my ma and pa and my sisters.
金卡加从法国猎人手中带我回来
Chingachgook found me with two French trappers,
待我如同亲生
raised me up as his own.
我很遗憾
I’m sorry.
我记不起他们了 不过一 二岁的事
I do not remember. I wasn’t but one or two.
你在哪里学的英语
How did you learn English?
十岁时我父亲送我和安卡斯到镇上教会学校学的
My father sent Uncas and l to Reverend Wheelock’s school when I was 10.
为何你的朋友要住在这偏远又毫无防卫的地方呢
Why were those people living in this defenseless place?
他们在七年工期满后
After seven years indentured service
就来此维吉尼亚安居了
in Virginia, they headed out here
穷♥人♥也只能住得起边疆
’cause the frontier’s the only land available to poor people.
在这里他们没有负债
Out here, they’re beholden to none.
也不必处处受人管束
Not living by another’s leave.
他们姓柯麦隆
The name was Cameron.
约翰和亚力山卓·柯麦隆
John and Alexandra Cameron.
我父亲的族人曾说 当太阳月亮两兄弟诞生的时候
My father’s people say that at the birth of the sun,
它们的母亲死了
and of his brother, the moon, their mother died.
于是太阳就把她的遗体给了大地
So the sun gave to the earth her body,
让大地生长万物生命
from which was to spring all life.
又从他的胸部抽出星星
And he drew forth from her breast the stars.
将星星抛上夜空 以纪念她的灵魂
The stars, he threw into the night sky to remind him of her soul.
所以那些也是纪念柯麦隆家的星星
So there’s the Camerons’ monument.
我想也是纪念着我的亲人
My folks’ too, l guess.
你说得对
You are right, Mr. Poe.
对这里的状况我们并不了解
We do not understand what is happening here.
跟在伦敦或波士顿
And it’s not as I imagined it would be,
所想像的完全不同
thinking of it in Boston and London.
抱歉让你失望了
Sorry to disappoint you.
不 正好相反
No, on the contrary.
这样更能沸腾我的血液
It is more deeply stirring to my blood
超出我以前的任何想像
than any imagining could possibly have been.
威堡就在下一个山脊那里
Top of the next ridge. The fort’s downhill of it.
团里的弟兄们会去那里的湖边取水
The men of the regiment will fetch water from the lake,
生火取暖 供应一切所需
build fires, and provide every comfort and desire.
我迫不及待的想见父亲了
I cannot wait to see Papa.
开火
Fire!
准备 瞄准 开火
Prepare! Point! Fire!
开门
Open up.
少校邓肯海华报到
I’m Major Duncan Heyward.
杰弗里队长
Captain Jeffrey Beams.
我是平斯 我以为你活不到此地
Didn’t expect you to make it through.
我们去见蒙罗
Let’s go to Munro.
兄弟们 好吗
Hello, boys!
娜珊约
Nathaniel!
在这里真是受罪
I need to talk to you, Jack.
安卡斯 我以为你们不参战
Uncas! Thought you and Nathaniel weren’t joining up.
我们是没有
We didn’t.
爸爸 爸爸
Papa! Papa!
爱丽丝 可娜 你们来做什么
Alice! Cora! Why are you here?
我的援军呢
And where the hell are my reinforcements?
去请费普斯先生
Get Mr. Phelps.
我叫你们离远一点 怎么不听话呢
Told you to stay away. Why did you disobey me, girls?
几时说的 怎么说的
When? How? I…
在我信里说的啊
My letter.
没有信啊
There was none.
什么 没有收到信
What? There was no letter.
我派了三个信差突围去找伟柏
I sent three couriers to Webb.
其中一个叫做”马瓜”对吧
One called Magua arrived.
他没有叫我们别过来
He delivered no such message.
伟柏知道我们被包围吗
Does Webb not even know we are besieged?
伟柏不知情
Sir, Webb has no idea.
当然不会派援军
And he certainly does not know to send reinforcements.
发生了什么事
What happened to you?
在往乔治城的途中遇袭了
On the George Road. Attacked.
我们没事
We’re fine.
你还好吗 还好
Are you all right? Yes.
这里会变成怎么样 爸爸
What will happen here, Papa?
我们会没事的
We’ll be all right, girl.
这个叫马瓜的陷害我们中埋伏 死了十八个人
This Magua led us into it. Eighteen killed.
这几位带我们来到这里
These men came to our aid. They guided us here.
谢谢你们 你们需要什么吗
Thank you. Do you need anything?
要几桶火♥药♥
Help ourselves to a few horns from your powder stores.
还有干粮
Some food.
承蒙你们这次恩情
Indebted to you.
可娜小姐 你好吗
Miss Cora, how are you?
费先生你好
Hello, Mr. Phelps.
麦肯太太会拿干净的衣服给你们换
Mrs. McCann will get some dry clothes for you.
谢谢
Thank you.
跟你姐姐去吧
Go with your sister, Alice.
没事的孩子
It’ll be all right, girl.
去吧 没事的
It’ll be all right.
可以了解一下战况吗长官
Might I inquire after the situation, sir,
我在山脊上看到法军的工事
given that I’ve seen the French engineering from the ridge above?
情况就是对方的炮口径大过我们 数量多过我们
The situation is, his guns are bigger than mine and he has more of them.
我们只能挨轰 它们的战壕每天推进30码
We keep our heads down while his troops dig 30 yards of trench a day.
等进入两百码的的距离时
When those trenches are 200 yards from the fort and within range,
它们会装填炸♥药♥轰垮城墙
he’ll bring in his 15inch mortars,
把我们炸得尸骨无存
lob explosive rounds over our walls and pound us to dust.
它们现在距离大约300码 如果每天推进30码
They look to be 300 yards out.
那我们仅剩三天了 可恶
If they’re digging 30 yards a day, you have three days. Damn. Damn.
有一个人可以突围去见韦伯
This man here can make a run straight through to Webb.
三天时间不够往返亚班尼
Three days is not enough time to get to Albany and back with reinforcements.
不是去亚堡 两天前韦伯已经开往爱德华堡
Webb’s not in Albany. He marched the 60th to Fort Edward two days ago.
韦伯在爱德华堡
Webb is at Edward?
是的长官
Yes, sir.
那只有十二里路
That’s only 12 miles away.
他的援军明天就可以到达
He could have reinforcements here the day after tomorrow.
你挑选人让敌军♥转♥移注意力
You, sir, pick your man. Major Heyward will provide a diversion.
我现在写信
I’ll draft out a dispatch.
待会把告急信交给你
Captain Beams will seek you out and give it to you later.
还有件事 昨天我们经过 边疆的柯麦隆一家
Something else. Cameron’s cabin. Frontier cabin.
看见房♥子被烧毁 全家也被杀死
Came upon it yesterday. lt was burnt out, everyone murdered.
是法军盟友渥太华族干的
It was Ottawa, allied to the French.
知道了
Aye.
那又怎样呢
So?
那是一支战斗队伍
It was a war party.
表示它们会攻击整个边境
That means they’re gonna be attacking up and down the frontier.
谢谢你 先生
Thank you, sir.
在这里的磨和克族 屯垦者 都有家眷在边境
People here, Mohawks, settlers, have family out there.
你说够了先生
That’ll be all, sir!
家毁人亡 无一幸免
Things were done. Nobody was spared.
个人生死事小 国家大事重要
Those considerationsare subordinate to the interests of the Crown.
将家人生死置之度外
A terrible feature of war here in the Americas, Major Heyward.
以尽责打败法国人为优先
Best keep your eye fixed on our duty, to defeat France.
成与败全靠这名信差了
That hangs on a courier to Webb.
我用三头公牛跟你交换一顿宴席
For my children are the children of the true faith.
明天在营火会议前
My friendship and esteem is boundless. Tomorrow,
我将与你共唱战歌♥
I will sing the war song with you at the great council fire.
马瓜 你的”英国朋友”们好吗
Magua, how are things with your English friends?
我们是一起的 加入我们 一起听听他的消息
We’re at one. Join us. Hear what Le Subtil has to tell us.
英国将军韦伯跟爱德华堡的60兵团会合了
The English war chief, Webb, goes to Fort Edward with 60th Regiment.
他还不知法国主子正在攻打威堡
He does not know that my father’s army attacks Fort William Henry.
你的任务完成了吗
Magua was successful?
另外两名信差死在树林里
The other two couriers died in the forest.
现在蒙罗应该知道 他的信并没有送到韦伯那里
By now, Munro would know his dispatch did not get through.
他会再派信差去 灰头佬会再试的