可娜
Cora.
邓肯
Duncan!
你到这里多久了
How long have you been in Albany?
好多天了
For days and days.
你呢
And yourself?
刚到
Just arrived.
天啊 见到你真好
By God, it’s good to see you.
我真不知该怎么跟你说 邓肯
I don’t know what to say, Duncan.
我也很希望可以 但我对你的感觉
I truly wish they did, but my feelings don’t…
无法超越友情
Don’t go beyond friendship.
你难道看不出来吗
Don’t you see?
尊敬以及友情
Respect and friendship.
不正是婚姻的基石吗
Isn’t that a reasonable basis for a man and a woman to be married?
婚后自然会产生感情的
And all else may grow in time?
是有人这么说的
Some say that’s the way of it.
是哪些人
Some?
我表哥尤金 我的父亲
Cousin Eugenie, my father…
好 可娜
Well, then, Cora.
我心里很清楚如果我两结合
In my heart I know, once we’re joined,
一定会是伦敦最美满的一对
we’ll be the most marvelous couple in London.
这点我很肯定
I’m certain of that.
何不试着让你所信赖的人 好比你的父亲
So why not let those whom you trust, your father,
来做安排呢
help settle what’s best for you?
别再犹豫了 你该试着相信他们的看法
In view of your indecision, you should rely on their judgment.
还有我的
And mine.
你可以再考虑一下吗
Will you consider that?
请再考虑一下好吗
Please consider that.
好吧
Yes.
我会再考虑的
Yes, I will.
邓肯
Duncan!
哇 你长高了
By God, you’ve grown up.
我们是明天一早启程吗
We leave in the morning?
是的
Yes, miss.
我晚上要失眠了
I shan’t sleep tonight.
这可是大探险 你有看过红人吗
What an adventure. Have you seen the red men?
曾看过一些
A few.
我迫不及待要告诉家乡的朋友
I absolutely cannot wait to return to Portman Square,
这些蛮荒的历险
having been to the wilderness.
我好兴奋喔 邓肯
It’s so exciting, Duncan.
艾丽丝
Alice?
我们可以休息一下吗
Can we rest soon?
当然可以
Absolutely.
你
You, there.
史考特 我们必须停下休息 女士们累了
Scout, we must stop soon. Women are tired.
这里不行 再往前三里 那里水干净 到那里休息
Not here. Two leagues. Better water. We stop there.
不行 就在这片空地休息
No, stop in the glade just ahead.
小姐们休息完再上路 懂吗
When the ladies are rested, we will proceed. Do you understand?
我懂 白人跟狗一样听女人的
他们饿的时候 就马上放下战斧偷懒吃
你说什么
Excuse me. What did you say?
马瓜说 我很了解英国人 非常清楚
Magua said, understand English very well.
部队不要乱 快
Hold tight! Come on!
注意右翼
Right! To the right!
原地不动 向右方射击
部队 成方正对形 预备
Prepare your firearms! As three ranks!
瞄准 预备 预备
Make ready!
开火和第二排准备
First and second rank, present!
开火
Fire!
不 邓肯
No, Duncan.
以防你的枪法 高过你的判断力
In case your aim’s any better than your judgment.
伤兵得送回去亚班尼
Your wounded should try walking on back to Albany.
北面山路他们没办法走
They’ll never make a passage north.
住手 我们需要坐骑
Stop it! Stop it! We need them to get out!
他为何把马放走
Why’s he loosing the horses?
你问他啊
Why don’t you ask him?
很容易被追踪 几里外就能听见马叫声
Too easy to track. They’ll be heard for miles.
我们要去威廉军堡
We were headed to Fort William Henry.
我们带你们过去
We’ll take you as far as the fort.
我们赶紧离开这里
We’re walking out of here fast.
除非你要等另一支休伦族杀过来
Unless all of you’d rather wait for the next Huron war party to come by.
史考特 我想跟你说声谢谢
Scout, I’d like to thank you for your help.
威廉军堡还有多远
How much further is it?
一天多脚程
Night and a bit.
我们好像已经摆脱他们了
Appears we’re well away from them.
也许 但他们不只一伙人
Maybe. Maybe they ain’t alone.
那个休伦人
That Huron captain back there…
那个向导吗 他是摩和克族人
The guide? He’s a Mohawk.
不 他是休伦族人
No Mohawk. He’s Huron.
他为何要杀那女人
What reason did he have to murder the girl?
什么
What?
黑发那个
The darkhaired one.
可娜蒙罗小姐 杀她
Miss Cora Munro? Murder her?
马瓜从没见过她 她才到此一个星期
He never set eyes on her before today. She’s only been here a week.
有家族仇恨吗 来报仇的
Blood vengeance? A reproach or insult?
当然没有
Of course not!
你们怎么会在附近
How is it you were so nearby?
我们发现一队休伦殖民在跟踪你们
Came across the war party. Tracked them.
你们是要到威廉军堡报到的是吗
Then you’re assigned to Fort William Henry?
不是
No.
那就是到爱德华军堡了
Fort Edward then?
我们往西到肯塔基
Heading west to Cantuckee.
正在打仗你怎么往西走
There is a war on. How is it you are heading west?
我们大致上是往北
Well, we kind of face to the north,
然后在急转向西
and real suddenlike, turn left.
我以为我们殖民地的殖民都加入民兵战斗了
I thought all our colonial scouts were in the militia.
现在正在北方打法国人
The militia is fighting the French in the north!
我不是你们的殖民 我们当然也不会是民兵
I ain’t your scout. And we sure ain’t in no damn militia.
一个渥大华族还有两个法国人
Ottawa, two francais.
你说什么
What did you say?
镜子
Mirrors,
工具衣服
tools, the clothes.
东西都还在屋里
Everything was inside.
他们什么也没拿走
They didn’t take anything.
他们走得很快
And moving fast.
是一支战斗队伍
And a war party.
我们埋葬他们吧
Let us look after them.
别管他们
Leave them.
尽管他们是陌生人
Whoever they are, though they’re strangers,
起码也该埋葬他们
they’re at least entitled to a Christian burial.
不能让他们暴尸体此地
They can’t be left behind.
我们走
Let us go, miss.
我不走 我也见过打仗
I will not! I’ve seen the face of war before, sir,
但就没见过残杀妇女小孩的战争
but I’ve not seen war made upon women and children.
而你的冷血同样这么残忍♥
And almost as cruel is your indifference.
蒙罗小姐
Miss Munro,
他们并不是”陌生人”
they’re not strangers.
我说任他们留在那里
And they stay as they lay.
你为何不埋葬他们
Why didn’t you bury those people?
追踪我们的人会发现掩埋痕迹 就能知道我们的踪迹
Anyone looking for our trail would see it as a sign we passed that way.
你和他们熟识是吗
You knew them well?
不埋葬他们原来是为了我们的安全着想我道歉
You were acting for our benefit, and I apologize.
我误会你了
I misunderstood you.
这是意料中事
Well, that’s to be expected.
我父亲曾警告过我
My father warned me about…
你父亲
Your father?
金卡加 他要我小心白种女人
Chingachgook. He warned me about people like you.
是吗
Oh, he did?
别试着去接近他们
He said,”Do not try to understand them.”
也别让他们了解你
Yes. And,”Do not try to make them understand you.
“那是因为他们是一个品种 分开 毫无意义”
“That is because they are a breed apart and make no sense.”
他们为什么会退回去
Why did they turn back?
这里是印地安墓地