Scott, let’s not talk about that here.
不是时候
It’s not the time for that.
那又怎样 反正有的是钱赚
All the same to you, I guess. A million here, a million there.
真是讽刺
Just ironic, that’s all.
伊丽莎白遭此不测
Elizabeth coming into this misfortune
你却财源滚滚
just as you’re coming into a fortune.
她把一切都奉献给你了 马特
She gave you everything, Matt.
一个和睦幸福的家庭 两个漂亮的女儿
A good, happy home, two beautiful daughters.
斯考特 你想说什么
Scott, what’s your point?
她想有艘自己的船 她应该有的
She wanted her own boat. She should have had her own boat,
一艘她熟悉性能的
one she would have been familiar with.
出事儿的时候驾驶的根本不是她
She wasn’t even driving!
她的船还是别人的船 和这无关
Her boat, someone else’s boat… it wouldn’t matter
你不能因为这个责备我
You’re not going to blame me for this.
你还狡辩
Quibble about the details.
她是个忠实 可靠的妻子 她本该得到更多
She was a faithful, devoted wife. She deserved more.
你说的对 她本该得到更多
You’re right. She deserved more.
看在上帝的份上
For Christ’s sake,
饶了他吧
take it easy on the man.
知道吗 面对种种情况
You know, My father has been
我爸真的尽他所能了
doing a really amazing job under the circumstances.
我们要走了吗
Are we leaving?
不 妈 还不走
No, Mom, not yet.
哥们儿 那老头儿真刻薄
Man, that guy’s a prick.
他总是那样吗
Was he always like that?
是的
Yes.
塞西尔·齐齐拉·金
这片美丽的岛屿正是以他的名字命名
他是旧时夏威夷卓越的律师 银行家 社会名流
好了 毫无悬念
Well, no surprise.
除了那些坚持不卖♥♥的 霍利泽得票遥遥领先
Other than the hold outs who don’t want to sell at all, it’s Don Holitzer.
芝加哥集团第二 得票少得多
Chicago group a distant second.
感觉不错
Feels good.
我们做得对 小马
We’re doing the right thing, Mattie.
至少那不会变成沃尔玛
At least there ain’t going to be any Wal-Mart.
好了
All right.
你决定吧 我们听你的
Now it’s your call, and we’re all behind you,
当然 大多数人
most of us anyway.
来吧 头儿 签字吧
Go ahead, Captain. Make it official.
很奇怪
It’s strange, that’s all.
什么很奇怪
What’s strange?
我们算是不劳而获 这地是委托给我们的
We didn’t do anything to own that land. It was entrusted to us.
而现在我们却要…
And now we’re just…
我不能这么做
I can’t do it.
我不会这么做的
I won’t do it.
-你什么意思 -我不会签字的
– What do you mean? – I’m not going to sign.
马特 你在干什么
What’re you doing, Matt?
我们知道你最近很不容易
I mean, we know you have a lot on your plate right now,
但你不能这么对我们
but you’re not going to fuck this up for us.
该了断了
It’s over.
我不想卖♥♥给霍利泽
I don’t want it to go to Holitzer.
不想卖♥♥给任何人
I don’t want it to go to anyone.
我想留着它
I want to keep it.
你脑子进水了 小马
Your head’s not right, Mattie.
你现在脑子不清醒
Your head’s not right.
需要再考虑几天吗 那就再想想
You want a couple days to think it over? Take a couple days.
不需要了
I don’t need a couple days.
我有权这么做 我就这么想的
I have the authority, and this is what I want.
我们还有其他生意
We have other businesses we’re
我们可以成立公♥司♥ 我们能解决的
converting to corporations. We can figure it out.
你是受托人
You’re the trustee.
你比任何人都清楚 我们只剩七年了
You know better than anyone we only have seven years left.
就是说我还有七年时间去想办法保住这里
Then I have seven years to figure out how to keep it.
我们会给你施加压力的
We’ll come after you.
别以为你是律师
Just because you’re a lawyer doesn’t
我们就不敢给你施加压力
mean the rest of us would be afraid to come after you.
但是 没人愿意这么做
But nobody wants to do that.
因为我们是一家人
We’re family.
人们会安心下来 休 整个州的人
People will be relieved, Hugh, the whole state.
我若签了这份文件
I sign that document,
我们本该守护的东西将一去不返
something we were supposed to protect will be gone forever.
我们将成为狗屁不如的外地人
We’re haole as shit.
在私立学校和酒吧里面
And we’ll go to private schools and clubs
没什么机会说洋泾滨语 更不用说夏威夷语了
and we can barely speak pidgin, let alone Hawaiian.
但我们身上流淌着夏威夷的血液
But we got Hawaiian blood,
我们和这片土地不可分割
We’re tied to this land.
我们的孩子们也是如此
And our children are tied to this land.
150年前这片天堂就归我们所有
It’s a miracle that for whatever bullshit reason 150 years ago,
不管是他妈什么原因 都是个奇迹
we own this much of… paradise, but we do.
而现在 管他妈的什么原因 我成了受托人
And for whatever bullshit reason now, I’m the trustee.
我不会签字
And I’m not signing.
我不会签字的
I’m not signing it.
就算你们起诉 我也不会回心转意
And if you sue me, it’ll only make us closer.
好吧
All right.
各位 听好了
Listen up, everybody.
小马表弟有事宣布
Cousin Mattie has an announcement.
做好心理准备
Get ready.
请进
Come in.
朱丽
Julie?
我知道我们认识不久
I know we just met, but I was
但这几天我一直在想你们
thinking about you guys these past few days,
我知道你妈妈在这里
I knew your mom was here.
不知道为什么 我就是想着该来看看
I don’t know. I just felt I should stop by.
你记得艾里克斯吧
You remember Alex.
这是斯考蒂 席德 这位是斯皮尔夫人
This is Scottie. Sid. This is Mrs. Speer.
叫我朱丽
Julie.
朱丽
Julie.
你是我妈妈的朋友吗
Were you friends with my mom?
不 我们以前没见过面 但我知道她很多事儿
No, we never met. But I know a lot about her.
朱丽 很感激你能过来
Look, Julie, we appreciate your coming by.
花很漂亮
The flowers are lovely.
-斯考蒂 艾里克斯 我们去餐厅吧 -好的
– Scottie, Alex. Let’s go to the cafeteria. – Okay. Yes.
起来吧 斯考蒂
Come get up Scotty.
-来了 -快点 斯考蒂
– I’m coming. – Come on, Scotty.
我还想多躺两秒钟
I wanted two more seconds.
-斯考蒂 -来了
– Scotty. – comeing!
我不知道你对我妻子的现状了解多少
I, uh, I’m not sure how much you know about my wife’s condition,
但她很快就会离开人世
but she’s gonna die very soon.
所以我们都在这儿
Actualy that’s why we were here.
我知道
I know.
所以我才来的 因为我知道
That’s why I came. Because I know.
因为布莱恩不会来 所以我来了
I came because Brian wouldn’t.
虽然有点怪异
And that just didn’t seem right.
但我想我们家总该有个人过来
I thought someone from my family should come.
他都告诉你了吗
So he told you, huh?
那晚你们走后他就变得很奇怪
He was acting really weird that night
我就开始彻底的调查他
after you left. Then I started smelling it all over him.
我早就感觉到了
I’d already smelled it.
最后终于真♥相♥大白 从那以后我们就矛盾不断
I finally got it out of him. We’ve been going crazy ever since.
有孩子在 还不能太过火
Not easy with the kids around.
我从没料到会有这种事
It’s all something I never could have imagined.
接着你们家又决定不卖♥♥这块地
And then your family’s decision with the land.
我觉得你们做得对
I think you’re doing the right thing,
不过布莱恩… 真是焦头烂额
but Brian is… well, it’s all so complicated and confusing.
我明白
I know.
我很生气
I’m angry,
但也很抱歉
but I’m just so sorry.
无法想象你正受着怎样的煎熬
I can’t imagine what you must be going through.
我能和她说几句吗
Do you mind if I say something to her?
好的
Ok.
伊丽莎白 我是朱丽
Elizabeth, I’m Julie.
布莱恩的妻子
Brian’s wife.