she was relying on finding the rope on the other side to pull herself back up.
‎五、四、三、二、一、零
Five, four, three, two, one, zero.
‎我们看着阿莱西娅下潜
We watched Alessia go down.
‎我拉着绳索 感觉她是否已经触底
I’m feeling the rope, so I can tell when she reaches the bottom.
‎在感觉到她放开绳索后 ‎我们就给出了OK的手势
After we felt her let go of the rope, we’d give an okay sign
‎告诉其他安全潜水员她已经进入拱门
to tell the other safety divers that she entered the Arch.
‎史蒂芬就应该在这个时候下潜
That should’ve triggered Steve to go down.
‎十秒
Ten seconds.
‎我开始给史蒂芬倒计时
I started to give the countdown to Steve.
‎五、四、三
Five, four, three.
‎他要求我再给他十秒钟
He asked me for ten more seconds.
‎我完全不明白为什么 截止目前
I just didn’t really understand why, because, um…
‎一切都按计划进行
so far, everything had been going according to plan.
‎也许是因为 ‎他的心跳太快了 他不满意
So maybe the heart was going a bit too fast for his liking,
‎所以想多花几秒做准备
so he wanted to take a few more seconds to be really ready.
‎我真的不知道 因为你无法跟他讨论
I really don’t know, because you can’t discuss with him,
‎他正在准备下潜 不能说话
because he’s preparing for his dive, so he’s not gonna talk.
‎他多花了一点时间才给我信♥号♥♥
It took him a little bit extra to give me the signal.
‎(史蒂芬开始下潜时间 ‎比计划晚了20秒)
‎(阿莱西娅比计划时间 ‎早了10秒游过拱门)
‎阿莱西娅从拱门游出来 史蒂芬不在
Alessia is coming out of the Arch, but Steve is not there.
‎她看不到绳索
She doesn’t see the rope.
‎她游错方向了
She is swimming the wrong direction.
‎她没意识到自己已经游出了拱门
She didn’t realize that she was already out.
‎(史蒂芬和阿莱西娅 ‎擦身而过 相隔了30秒)
‎我一只手拿着绳索
I have, uh, one hand on the rope.
‎等着他们拉动绳子 ‎表示他们开始往上游了
I’m waiting for the feel of the pull to say that they’re starting to come up.
‎他们一直没有拉动绳子
The pull is not coming.
‎我开始担心了
I start to worry.
‎也许她游得慢了一点
Maybe she was swimming a little bit slower.
‎我们再等一会儿吧
Let’s wait a little bit longer.
‎他们应该要往上游了
They should’ve been coming up
‎等我们游到另一边
by the time we swam across to the other side.
‎我当时就知道肯定出事了
I knew at that point something was wrong.
‎已经过去太久了
Now it’s too long.
‎不太对劲
Something is not right.
‎阿莱西娅需要立刻出水
Alessia needs to go up immediately.
‎她不知道自己完全游错了地方
She didn’t know that she’s in completely the wrong place.
‎突然 史蒂芬 ‎以很快的速度离开了绳索
In one moment, Steve left the rope super quickly.
‎身为水肺潜水员 我什么都做不了
As a scuba diver, I cannot do shit.
‎我距离他们很远
I was very far.
‎我一直在尖叫
I was just screaming.
‎我能看到绳子的末端
I could see all the way to the end of the line.
‎没有人
There was no one.
‎我们看不到他们
We just can’t see them.
‎加快思考速度 ‎也许他们被水流带走了
Think fast. Maybe the water current took them.
‎我们需要在更大的区域内搜寻
We would need to search a much bigger area.
‎30米外
Thirty meters away, there was loads and loads of tourists snorkeling.
‎有很多游客在浮潜
‎我们要在一堆 不太会游泳的人中间
We’re looking for someone amongst
‎寻找一个人
a mess of people that can’t properly swim.
‎我到处都找遍了 都找不到他们
Everywhere I look, they’re not there.
‎我决定浮出水面 ‎看看能不能在水面上看到他们
I decided to come up and see if I could see them on the surface.
‎没有任何解释
There was no explanation.
‎我游得尽可能快了
I was swimming as fast as I could.
‎我需要看到
I need to see
‎他们是否还活着
if they are alive.
‎刚开始几米 感觉一切都正常
The first meters, everything seemed normal.
‎直到我游到拱门
Until I reached the Arch.
‎我记得我在游的时候 感觉有点费力
I remember while I was swimming, I felt it was a bit strenuous.
‎出了问题
There was a problem.
‎史蒂芬不在 绳索也不在
Steve wasn’t there, but neither was the rope.
‎我试图跟着珊瑚礁游
I just tried to follow the reef,
‎试着找到绳索
trying to see where the rope was.
‎但我发现我根本找不到
But I realized I couldn’t find it.
‎我犯了错误
I’d made a mistake.
‎我突然看到史蒂芬在我面前
I suddenly saw Steve in front of me.
‎我记得他抓住我的手
I remember he took my hands.
‎他游着把我带上了水面
And he swam, bringing me to the surface.
‎我不记得我刚出水的那几秒了
I don’t remember the first seconds when I surfaced.
‎我只记得 过了一会儿之后
I only remember, after a while,
‎我四处张望 什么都不明白
looking around and not understanding a thing.
‎史蒂芬的脸朝向下
Steve’s face was in the water.
‎我开始朝她大喊:“让他脸朝天!”
And I started screaming on her, like, “Turn him face up!”
‎但我没意识到她已经丧失意识了
But I didn’t realize that she had blacked out.
‎我开始拼命大喊 我喊了很多次
And when I started screaming, because I really screamed a lot,
‎她醒了过来 立刻开始行动
she basically woke up, and she started acting immediately.
‎我也许可以做更多的
Maybe I could have done more.
‎如果我更清醒的话 我也不知道
If I had been more conscious, I don’t know.
‎如果你孤身一人开始失去意识
If you are on your own, and you start blacking out,
‎必须要仰面朝上
you have to be on your back.
如果没有仰面朝上 那就完了
If you’re not on your back, you’re done.
‎史蒂芬很可能 ‎用尽了自己最后几秒的意识
Steve probably took his last seconds of consciousness
‎确保她处在可以活下去的位置
to make sure she was in a position that she’d survive in
‎不惜让自己脸朝下 丧失意识
at the expense of ending up face down.
‎最糟糕的是 我们什么都做不了
The worst thing is we couldn’t do anything.
‎我们救不了他
We couldn’t save him.
‎他救了我 但我救不了他
He rescued me, but I couldn’t rescue him.
‎他是个英雄 直到最后一刻
He was a hero, and he showed it till the end.
‎可以在最后一张照片上看到
You can see in the last photo,
‎他为了救她而牺牲了自己
he lost his life to save hers.
‎我在潜水通过灯塔
I was diving the lighthouse.
‎其实就在那边
Like, actually, over there.
‎当我完成潜水后
I finish my dive, I…
‎看了一下手♥机♥
I look at my phone
‎甚至连潜水服都没脱
even, like, with my suit on, like, I…
‎我看着手♥机♥说:“什么?”
My phone, I look at my phone, like, “What?”
‎有50多个未接电♥话♥
Like, there are 50 missed calls.
‎我接到了一个电♥话♥
And I received a phone call.
‎史蒂芬出事了
Something happened to Steve.
‎他…
And…
‎那个…他们没能把他救回来
It… They couldn’t bring him back.
‎我的第一反应是:“该死 我没在场”
My first reaction was, “Shit. I wasn’t there.”
‎“如果我当时在场…我可以救他”
“I could’ve saved him if I would have been there.”
‎他为了救她而牺牲了自己
He was choosing her over himself.
‎我很清楚地知道 ‎他早就知道当天有人会死
I’m very clear that he knew that someone was gonna die that day,
‎他绝不容许她出事
and he wasn’t gonna let it be her.
‎我愿意献上我自己的命
I would give my life.
‎用我的命换他的
Mine instead of his.
‎如果他没去救她
He wouldn’t… he wouldn’t have forgiven himself
‎他是不会原谅自己的
if he wouldn’t have saved her, you know?
‎各位
Everybody
‎我们持续下潜
we’ll just dive until we feel
‎直到我们感觉到想要放下手中的花
we want to release our flowers
‎感谢这个曾经陪伴过我们的美好的人
and give thanks for such a wonderful human in our lives,
‎将史蒂芬给过我们的美好能量
sending all the good energy
‎全部传递散出去
that Stephen gave to all of us.
‎每一个热爱史蒂芬的人 ‎都参加了一次大型的水下守夜活动
Everybody who loved Stephen did a big underwater vigil.
‎他们共同屏住呼吸39秒 ‎每一秒代表他生命中的一年
They all held their breath for 39 seconds to represent each year of his life.
‎没有任何人的死亡
There was never ever a death
‎像他这样感动了所有人
which moved the place the way that this… this one did.
‎有几百个人 所有人都来了
It was hundreds of people. I mean, everybody.
‎怎么会?一个人 ‎是怎么触碰到那么多人的心灵的?
How? How can one person touch so many?
‎他一定是个非常特别的人 对吧?
He must’ve been a pretty special person, right?
‎悲伤的一部分是自私
Part of grief is kind of selfish.
‎而自私的这部分…让我思念着他
And the selfish part of grief… makes me miss him
‎我想念他
I miss him.
‎我想念他不回家的日子
I miss him not coming home
‎我想念他在我的生命里
I miss him in my life.
‎但他生前的生活方式也给了我安慰
But I am much consoled by how he lived.
‎他很勇敢
He was pretty courageous.
‎马赛平原
The Masai plains.
‎这里没有任何其他人

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!