I feel should change into something darker.
时间太紧了,你六点就约了皮特
It’ll be tight.You’re meeting Peter at 6.
我和雪莉一起走,我们到了见?
I’ll go with Cherie.I’ll see you there. Okay?
没问题吧?- Okay?
没问题。 – Okay.
我知道现在就想这个不太好
I know how awful it is to be thinking about this so soon.
我支持你
The answer’s yes.
你真的这么想
Really?
我一生都没这么确定过
I’ve never been more sure of anything in my life.
那戈登呢?
What about Gordon?
他有过机会,但他选择了沉默
He had his chance, and he bottled.
机不再来
Your time may never come again.
你知道这对你和孩子们意味着什么吗
You know what it’ll mean for you, for the kids?
这个家里能发生的最糟的事就是
The worst thing that could happen to our family
要和一个事后懊悔自己没有参加竞选的男人共同生活
would be sharing a house with a man who couldn’t forgive himself for not running.
好吧
Okay.
最重要的是,约翰具备特殊的能力
Above all, John was uniquely equipped,
凭借他的天性、经验和决心
by his nature, his experience and commitment,
将这个国家凝聚起来
to bind this nation together.
你记下来了吗?
Do you have that?
此刻我们带着思念和祈祷,与他的家人们同在
Our thoughts and prayers at this time are with his family,
我们是如此地想念他
and he will be terribly missed.
好了
Okay.
谢谢
Thank you.
戈登在忙 Gordon’s phone.
不可置信
Unbelievable.
人还尸骨未凉
Man’s not even cold in the ground,
你就在想谁将取代他了
and you want to know who’s taking his place.
我听到的风声都是关于托尼的
Everything I’m hearing suggests that it’s Tony.
你好查理
Hello, Charlie.
和莫·摩兰姆谈过了?
Been talking to Mo Mowlam?
你怎么不去问问那些真的工党成员支持谁
Why don’t you canvas some real Labour support?
兴许还能离真♥相♥近点
Get a bit closer to the truth.
戈登·布朗将在葬礼后宣布竞选
Gordon Brown will annouance his intentions after the funeral.
你要是不知道该做什么
If you want to know what to do until then…
就买♥♥点鲜花
You could buy some flowers
送去给约翰的遗孀
and send them to John Smith’s widow.
你好,我是查理惠兰
Hello. Charlie Whelan.
多谢你能来
Thanks for coming.
当然会来
Of course.
你可能已经知道我为什么要约你见一面了
You’ve probably worked out why I’ve asked to see you.
希望我能给你出个主意
Think I have an idea.
我只是.. I just…
我只是不想被排除在外
I just don’t want to be ruled out.
当然
Right.
不少关键的影子内阁成员
Several key members of the Shadow Cabinet
都已经明确向我表明支持
have already called to offer me their support.
你看了今天的标准晚报吗
Have you seen today’s Evening Standard?
还没有
Not yet, no.
他们给我提供了一整个版面
I’m told they’re running a piece for me.
现在知道了
Right.
你知道戈登还以为版面会是他的吗
You know Gordon still assumes it will be him?
或许…他的那些猜想
Well, maybe those… assumptions
已经持续太久了
have been going on too long.
你问问你自己
You have to ask yourself
他真的还是党内最有力的候选者吗?
is he still our strongest candidate?
黑色星期三事件对他没有任何帮助
I mean, you know,Black Wednesday did him no favors.
他反而让保守党摆脱了困境
He let the Tories off the hook.
另外,他总是情绪化
Plus, he can be moody,
让人捉摸不定、不好相处
difficult.
他就是.. He’s just…
太自我 Gordon.
真♥他♥妈♥的丢脸
It’s a fucking disgrace.
反对党的领袖
The leader of the Opposition,
一个最杰出最被人爱戴的英国政♥治♥明星去世了
one of the most distinguised and best-loved figures in British postwar politics, dies,
而人们却在讨论什么?
and who’s everybody’s talking about?
一些穿着性感裙子的浪货
Some posh totty in a dress with safety pins.
你好,哦,是麦克啊
Hello. Oh, yes, Michael.
不,是有人给了我那个名单
No, somebody gave me that list.
我很抱歉没有给你回电♥话♥
I’m sorry I’ve not got back to you.
天呐,你怎么还在办公室?
For God’s sake, man,are you still at it?
放下那些电♥话♥,休息一会吧
Give yourself a break.Take those off the hook.
希娜,快劝劝他
Go on, tell him, Sheena.
不予回复
No, there’s no comment on that.
你还记得约翰第一次心脏病出院后的情形吗
Do you remember when John came back after the first heart attack?
什么时候的事了?
When was it?
88年
’88.
我记得他就坐在吧台
I remember him sitting in the bar,
吸两口烟,喝一口水
2 stones lighter,sipping mineral water.
我采纳了医生的建议
“I’ve taken the advice of my doctor,
“从现在开始,这些东西要从你的生活里挪走
“And from now on,the following things are out…
“高热量的饮食、酒精
“rich food, alcohol,
“超负荷的工作、过度的情绪起伏,还有性
“overwork,over-excitement, and sex.
“我♥干♥脆就此申请
“I’ve therefore made an application
加入自♥由♥党,立即生效”
to join the Liberals with immediate effect!”
敬约翰 To John.
敬约翰 To John.
我要起草一份文件,今天传真过去
I’ll draft something up and fax it over today.
五分钟后开始,曼德尔森先生
Five minutes, Mr. Mandelson.
知道了
Yes.
皮特,众所周知
Peter, everyone knows
你和托尼布莱尔以及戈登布朗关系都很亲近
that you’re very close to both Tony Blair and Gordon Brown.
这次他们有会竞争吗?
Will they run against each other?
不,我不认为他们会成为对手
No, I don’t believe they will run against each other.
而且我认为
I think, moreover,
他们甚至都还没考虑过这个问题
that they haven’t come to any conclusions
因为他们和所有工党成员们一样
because they, like every other member of the Labour Party,
现在并没有心情去讨论继任者
has no appetite to talk of successions
和谁去抗衡,以及诸如此类的事
or challenges or whatever.
为什么他们不去试试竞争上岗呢
Why shouldn’t they both run and let the best man win?
参不参加还是取决于他们自己
They may or may not. That’s up to them, isn’t it?
当然,但是你还是认为他们中会有一个让步,
Sure, but you think one of them will step aside,
就像你之前说的那样
as you said earlier.
我看了些报导
I read the reports
就和所有人想的一样
and have the same understanding as everyone else
大家都很好奇
that they agree on so much
谁才是那个最佳人选
that they would want to consider who is best fitted
来领导工党
to lead the Labour Party.
谁能让工党在国内获得更多的支持
I mean, who would maximize support for the party in the country…
谁能在竞选中获得更多票数
who’ll play best at the box office…
谁能不是…
who is not…
谁能不只是简单地吸引
who will not simply appeal
那些传统的工党支持者、
to the traditional supporters
赞助者
and customers of the Labour Party,
而是要能吸引
but who will bring in those
额外的投票者们
additional voters that we need
谁才是确保下次的大选胜利我们所需要的人选
in order to to win convincingly at the next election.
这也是每个竞争者必须问自己的问题
That is what each contender has to ask themselves
在他们决定走向台前之前
before they put themselves forward.
妈的混♥蛋♥
You fucker.
这是真的吗?
Well, is it true?
我们一会再谈。你问什么?
We’ll finish this later. What?
现在所有的报纸都在谈论说你会竞选
Is it true what every paper now appears to be saying,that you are going to stand?
真♥相♥就是在过去24小时里
What is true is that in the last 24 hours,
许多人都站出来告诉我,他们希望我能参加竞选
a number of people have come up and told me they’d like me to stand.
包括曼德尔森?
Including Mandelson?
他没有
Uh, no.
那你的立场呢?
Well, what is your position?
我还在考虑中
I’m still thinking.
那在你思考这个的时候
While you were thinking,
你有没有一刻想到过我们曾经的约定?
did it occur to you that we have an understanding?
什么约定?
What understanding?
我才是唯一的那个人选
That if it ever came to this, it would be me!
什么?
What?
别否认了,我们当时明确地讨论过这个问题

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!