I was chair of the Devolution Committee of Scotland.
你想想,他那时甚至都不在党内
Ask yourself, was he even a member of the party?
这也可能是他的优势
That might be to his advantage.
你在党内就选不出人了吗
Not being liked by your own party?
选不出
No.
而且,Besides,
我以为我们早就有了共识,我会是你的继任
there’s always been an understanding between us that I’m the one.
那你最好努力让这个共识成真
Well, you’d better make sure it’s still valid.
他的声望越来越高
His popularity is growing.
他也很聪明
He’s smart.
大家都喜欢他
People like him.
在这次影子内阁选举中他也领先于你
He finished ahead of you in the shadow cabinet election.
只有一次,还是因为我努力工作为了让大家能继续
Once. And only because I was doing the hard work keeping everybody alive.
而在这过程中失去了些支持
And losing friends in the process.
你应该在党内选个老人,而不是从伦敦随便选一个人来
In the party, but making them in the city.
“傻瓜,经济才是关键啊!”
“It’s the economy, stupid. ”
当你成为首相后,你会感谢我的
You’ll thank me when you’re in Number 10.
行了,现在太晚了
Come on, it’s late.
等等,约翰,所以你已经决定支持他了吗
No, John, that’s it? He’d get your vote now?
在处理巴尔杰谋杀案上,他的确让人记忆深刻
He certainly impressed during this whole Bulger thing.
严厉打击犯罪,同时严肃对待犯罪原因
Tough on crime,tough on the causes of crime.
你得承认,这就是干净利落
You’ve got to admit, it’s bloody neat.
我承认那是我写过的最好的之一
I consider it one of my finest.
你写的?
It’s yours?
在从华盛顿飞回来的飞机上想出来的
Came up with it on the plane coming back from Washington.
约翰,别告诉我你….
Don’t tell me privately, John, you….
你不会真的把他说的听进去了吧
you’re not concerned about what he’s saying?
他抓住了大众的心理
It’s caught a mood with the people.
只是右翼的那些人
The right-wing people.
我们已经很长一段时间抓不住大众心理了
It’s a while since one of our lot caught a mood with anyone.
我在想特里会让我们中的哪一个先下车呢?
I wonder which one of us is Terry gonna drop off first?
希娜,你能帮我接一下电♥话♥吗
Sheena, listen, could you get that for me?
好,就来
Yeah, hang on.
你好,戈登在忙
Hello, Gordon’s phone.
嗯。好的,当然,我把电♥话♥给他
Yeah. Yeah, sure. I’ll put him on.
是默里埃尔德
Murray Elder.
默里,你这会儿打来是不是太早了
Murray, it’s a bit early for you, eh?
什么?
What?
哦不 Oh, no.
当然,不 No, of course.
好吧,我们一会儿再说
Well, I’ll… We’ll talk later.
怎么了? What’s up?
戈登,发生了什么? Gordon, what’s happened?
你好
Hi.
你现在在哪儿?
Where are you?
还在阿伯丁(苏格兰)
I’m in Aberdeen.
我得到了一些坏消息
I’ve got some bad news, I’m afraid.
非常糟糕 Very bad.
关于约翰的 About John.
不会吧 Oh, no.
还不能把他的死讯公布出去
Can’t announce his death yet.
要先联♥系♥他的女儿们
Not until they’ve located all his daughters.
可怜的伊拉莎白
Poor Elizabeth.
你好,戈登在忙
Hello, Gordon’s phone.
我的电♥话♥响个不停。你接下来有什么打算
My phones are going mad.What are you going to do?
处理完这里的工作我马上回去
I’ll, er, do my business here and get back as soon as I can.
继续保持联络
Let’s keep in touch throughout the day.
当然
Sure.
你好,请说
Hello? Speaking.
他刚刚被告知了
I think he’s just been told.
我会转告他的
I’ll let him know.
好的
Yes.
谢谢
Thank you.
再见
Bye.
BBC苏格兰台打来的
BBC Scotland.
他们想知道你会发表声明吗
They want to know if you’ll make a statement.
帮我联♥系♥办公室
Do me a favor.Give the office a call.
告诉安吉帮我订最早的一架飞机回去
Tell Angie I need to be on the first plane back.
早上好
Good morning.
欢迎你的观看
And a very warm welcome to you.
现在是5月12日,周四,早晨10点半
It’s just after half past 10 on Thursday 12th of May.
或许你也是
I don’t know about you,
我们很遗憾地得到消息
but we’re all very sad to hear
工党领袖约翰史密斯身体不适
that Labour leader John Smith is unwell.
被火速送往医院
He has been rushed to hospital,
在10点的新闻中我们曾播报
as you probably heard on our 10:00 news,
是由于疑似心脏病引起的心绞痛
with chest pains and a suspected heart attack.
官方声明将在随后做出
An official statement will be made when it’s made.
好的
Yeah.
我会的
I will. I’ve got it.
我..我感到很遗憾
I’m… I’m so sorry.
他们还在说是心脏病
They’re still saying it’s a heart attack.
这不是一份官方声明
There’s no official statement.
不是
Right.
我知道,这很糟
Hello. I know, it’s terrible.
听着,我们得马上行动起来
Look, I think this is going to move very quickly.
下一步怎么走
What’s our line to be?
以尊敬的领袖开头…
With regard to the leadership?

Yes.
没了
Nothing.
我们的计划,就是在葬礼之后发表一个严肃悲伤的讣告和悼念
Our line, Peter, is strictly grief,obits, and tributes till after the funeral.
好吧
All right.
我能帮忙写这个
Think I can help with that.
讽刺的是,
The irony
这种情况正是约翰喜欢的
that this is the exactly the type of situation
是啊
Yeah.
他过去常拿即将举♥行♥的补选开这种玩笑
He used to joke about any up and coming by-elections:
哪里有死亡,哪里就有希望
Where there’s death, there’s hope.
戈登,是独♥立♥报打来的
Gordon? It’s the Independent.
他们希望你能提供些信息明天刊登
They want to know if you can you do a piece for tomorrow’s paper?
好的
Yes, yes.
还有镜报
And the Mirror?
这里是彼得·曼德尔森
Peter Mandelson.
我是托尼
It’s me… Tony.
好的
Yes.
我现在在阿伯丁,我们过会儿在下议院见一面?
I’m in Aberdeen now, but I wonder,can we meet at the House later?

Yes, of course.
我的办公室一会儿联♥系♥你确认会面地点
My office will call you later to set up a meeting place.
6点可以嘛?
About 6:00?
可以
6:00 is fine.
皮特
Peter.
戈登 Gordon.
我要先处理这些电♥话♥,一会儿再谈
I really need to get on with this,so let’s talk later.
好吧
Right. Well
保持联络
Let’s keep in constant touch.
妈的 Bloody hell!
有上千个电♥话♥不停地在轰炸我
A thousand hacks are calling me.
他们都在问你什么时候参加竞选
They all want to know when you’ll announce a standing for the leadership.
等他下葬后,查理
After we’ve buried him, Charlie.
好吧
Right.
一个闻起来香草味的男人
That man smells of vanilla.
史密斯先生在经过全力救治后
Despite full medical attention to Mr. Smith,
于9:15.宣布死亡
he was pronounced dead at 9:15.
这是..一个心碎的新闻
It’s just… heart-rending news.
他是个无与伦比的结合体
He had this…extraordinary combination
力量和权力 of strength, authority,
幽默和人性 humor, humanity.
所以了解、熟识他的人
For all of us who knew him personally, closely,
都陷入了沉痛的悲伤中
we will mourn him… greatly.
整个国家都在震颤
I think the whole country will feel the shock.
我们和主与伊丽莎白和她的家人们同在
Our thoughts and prayers are with Elizabeth and the family.
很少有人
There are few people
能在被得知死讯后
the announcement of whose death
让所有认识他的人落泪
would bring tears to the eyes of everyone who knew them.
而约翰史密斯就是这样的人
John Smith was such a man.
我现在能回去了吗?
Have I got time to go home?
我该换一套深色的装扮

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!