很感谢你,布莱尔先生
Thank you very much, Mr. Blair.
说了一堆废话
What a load of bollocks.
晚上好
Good evening.
冲击波席卷威斯敏斯特和伦敦的一天。
A day when shock waves swept through Westminster and the city.
文遗部秘♥书♥长♥梅勒先生说
Mr. Mellor, the heritage secretary,
工作一切照旧
said it would be business as usual,
虽然公众们目前最关注的是
despite the wave of publicity
他与一位女演员的八卦绯闻
about his alleged affair with an actress.
后座议员大卫阿什比
A backbench MP, David Ashby,
分享了一张和男性友人的酒店床照
has shared a hotel bed with a male friend.
观众们晚上好。提姆叶奥今天辞去了环境部长的职务
Good evening. Tim Yeo resigned as Environment Minister today
在被人发现有一个私生女后
after it became known he had an illegitimate daughter.
拉蒙特,被部长解雇后,拒绝了政♥府♥提供的另一个岗位。
Lamont, sacked by Major,refuses another Government job.
我不后悔(法语) Je ne regrette rien.
内阁在马斯特里赫特问题上达成了共识
The cabinet is entirely united on the issue of Maastricht.
你想成为欧盟的公民吗
Do you want to be citizens of a European Union?
不!
No!
丹麦人也不想
The Danes don’t, either.
上百名办公室官员聚集在利物浦
Hundreds of officers combed Liverpool,
但是詹姆斯
but James…
杰米巴尔杰的谋杀案
The murder of Jamie Bulger
就在人们越来越不安的时候发生了
comes at a time of growing disquiet…
严厉打击犯罪很重要
I think it’s important to be tough on crime
去探明犯罪成因同样重要
and tough on the causes of crime, too.
老人们住在自己的房♥子里都感到害怕
Old people are afraid to live within their own homes,
更不要说上街了
never mind go out on the streets.
年轻人经常被其他年轻人吓倒。
Young people often intimidated by other young people.
事情发展成这样是完全不能接受的
These things are totally unacceptable.
犯下这些罪行的人
And people who commit these types of offenses
必须被探查和抓捕
should be detected, caught…
过去一周新的快报
News bulletins of the past week…
如果可以的话
If necessary…
我想用一把锤子
…have been like hammer blows,
敲打这个国家沉睡的良知
struck against the sleeping conscience of the country,
让我们醒来
urging us to wake up
好好地看看我们所面临的问题
and look unflinchingly at what we see.
这项法案
This bill…
是错误意识形态导致的愚蠢行为
is a foolish exercise in mistaken ideology.
在这个政♥府♥里没有人
No one in the present government
有勇气站出来反对它
has had the courage to dump it.
这样做对打击犯罪或保障社区安全都毫无作用
It will do nothing to fight crime or make our communities safe.
这是一个没有外部支持
It is without support outside government
也没有内部逻辑的政♥府♥
and without reason inside it,
不值得给予第二次机会
and it should not be given a second reading.
是啊,是啊
Hear, hearl
不,你不理解
No, you don’t understand.
我现在不会,以后也不会这么做
See, I can’t do it, and I won’t do it.
我不是在请求你停止鲁莽的
I’m not asking you to stop making reckless
在没有我授权的情况下承诺公共开支的行为
public-spending commitments without my authorization.
我是在命令你
I am telling you!
你看到了吗 , 他完全他妈的失控了
Did you see that? Bloody unhinged.
你最好让他尽快冷静下来
You need to sort him out.
所以你就是这么规范化工党的
This is how you’re going to modernize the Labour Party.
我现在没心情和你说这个,约翰
I’m not in the mood, John.
看在上帝的份上,他年纪这么大了
He’s an old man, for God’s sake.
我不关心。就因为你们喜欢他
I don’t care. Because of people like him,
我们就要一直被谴责为只知道增加税收和开支的政党
we’re still condemned as a tax-and-spend party.
你应该走出去看看,你正在失去党内的支持
You’d want to watch it. You’re losing a lot of friends.
我为我的政党赢得了很多票数
I’m winning my party a lot of votes.
我在柏宁酒店办了场欧洲晚宴
I’m doing this European thing at the Park Lane Hotel.
你感兴趣吗
Do you fancy it?
我没空,我在选民里已经落后很多了
I can’t. I’m so behind with my constituents.
来吧,你需要放松一下
Come on. You need a break.
那里的食物都棒极了
The food’s bound to be all right.
而且明显我们都必须要出席
Besides, you and I obviously need to catch up.
今晚,我们将举办一场盛大的欧洲晚宴
Tonight, we are engaged in a gala European dinner.
邀请了众多社会名流
And I welcome the many representatives
来自法国、德国以及斯堪的纳维亚
from France, Germany,and Scandinavia,
来自工业、经济、金融等多个领域
from the worlds of industry,finance and banking.
远超我们过去的规模
Probably more than we’ve ever had at a Labour Party dinner.
但就该如此
And it’s right that this should be so.
多亏了我优秀的同僚们
Because thanks to my good colleagues,
工党现在是最了解
the Labour Party is now the party that best understands
现代工业、现代社会
modern industry, modern society,
现代金融和现代经济学的政党
modern finance,and modern economics.
史密斯先生看这里
Mr. Smith!
约翰·梅纳德·凯恩斯曾说
John Maynard Keynes insisted
他只知道两件关于经济学的事
he only knew two things about economics.
其中一件根本与经济学无关
One of them was not about economics at all.
是关于河马的
It was about a hippopotamus.
那关于经济学他知道的是什么?
What did he know about economics?
永远不要考虑你的长远利益
Never concern yourself with the long term.
因为长♥期♥来看,我们都会死
Because in the long term,we’re all dead.
只是个玩笑
That was a joke.
好了,晚安
Well, good night.
晚安 Good night.
晚安,布朗先生 Good night, Mr. Brown.
晚安 Good night.
笑话从来不是你的专长
Jokes are not your forte, are they?
仅限于该死的比利时人
Not to bloody Belgians.
食物你觉得怎么样
What did you make of the food?
好极了,我几乎都没吃
Inedible. I hardly touched it.
我也没吃,现在快饿死了
Me, neither. I’m famished.
我和你说…
I tell you what.
特里,这里停一下
Terry, there’s somewhere I’d like you to stop.
好了,我买♥♥了两个超级热狗,你要带洋葱的还是不带洋葱的
Right. I have two super dogs with or without onions,
还有个辣堡
or the chili burger.
我们做得怎么样?
So how’re we doing?
你指工党还是你自己
We the party or you the leader?
好吧,我自己
All right, me the leader.
实话实说?
How candid do you want me to be?
直言不讳
Both barrels, if they’re loaded.
非常糟糕。你几乎是在拯救我们的对手
Lousy. You’re letting them off the hook.
你这也太直接了
They are loaded.
你保守了
You’re too defensive.
你就该利用他们的内部隔阂矛盾
You’re relying on their internal divisions
如果你真想大开杀戒的话
when you should be going in for the kill.
只有在大环境好的时候
All in good time.
人们很紧张
People are nervous.
反正我们快赢了
We’re gonna win anyway.
我们1992年时也这么想
We said that in 1992.
今非昔比了
This time it’s different.
也没什么不同
Not different enough.
作为一个迷人又聪明的人
For a charming, intelligent man,
你在让人心烦上真是有不可思议的能力
you’ve developed an uncanny knack of upsetting people.
我不能就看着机会溜走,
I can’t stand seeing it slip away.
现代化改革是必须的。
We need to modernize.
前几天我又被问到谁会是我的接♥班♥人
I was asked who my natural successor was the other day.
直到最近,我说的都是你
Until recently, I would have said you.
那现在是谁?
Who else is there?
托尼。 Tony.
托尼?
Tony?
拜托,你不会真的认为他能做工党领袖吧
Come on. You can’t seriously endorse that man as leader of this party.
为什么不会
Why not?
党内不会承认他的
The party would never accept him.
也别说得这么死
Don’t be too sure.
他初来乍到
He’s a blow-in,
一个本不属于他的地方
someone who comes to an area he doesn’t belong in
却鸠占鹊巢
and makes it his home.
托尼是外来的人
Tony’s a blow-in to this movement.
而且一直都会是
Always has been.
工党上次执政时,你是一名初级部长,
When Labour was last in power and you were a junior minister,
我是苏格兰权力下放委员会的主席

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!