南极洲,拉尔森B冰架
你看清楚怎么做了吗?
You see how it’s done?
是啊,我想我找到窍门了
Yeah, I think I got the hang of it.
你最好能行,如果把冰芯搞砸了
老板会把我的脑袋拧下来
You better. The boss will chew my head off if these cores get messed up.
别担心
Don’t worry.
我们钻到二十六英尺深了
We’re at 26 feet.
你让詹森一个人去操作钻探机?
You let Jason operate the drill?
嗯,他能行的
Yeah, he can handle it.
我什么都没做
I didn’t do anything.
把你的手伸给我!
别管钻探机了!
Give me your hand! Let go of the drill!
别管了,杰克! 太晚了!
Forget it, Jack! It’s too late!
你办不到的!
You’re not gonna make it!
杰克!
Jack!
杰克! 把你的手给我!
Jack! Give me your hand!
我抓到你了!
I’ve got you!
你刚才在想什么呢?
What were you thinking?
这是怎么回事?
整个冰架裂开了!
What’s happening? The whole damn shelf is breaking off!
就是这样
That’s what’s happening!
我们发现了一万年前灾难性的气候迁移的证据
We found evidence of a cataclysmic climate shift, which occurred 10,000 years ago.
新德里,联♥合♥国♥全球气候变暖会议
这些温室效应气体在冰芯中的聚集…
The concentration of these natural greenhouse gases in the ice cores…
…显示出气候失控性的变暖
把地球推向冰川时代…
…indicates that runaway warming pushed Earth into an ice age…
…而这一直持续了两个世纪
…which lasted two centuries.
我被你搞糊涂了
I’m confused.
我还以为你是在讨论全球变暖问题
而不是冰川时代
I thought you were talking about global warming, not an ice age.
是,有点自相矛盾,但是全球变暖
能够导致气候冷却的趋势,我来解释一下
Yes, it is a paradox, but global warming can trigger a cooling trend. Let me explain.
北大西洋暖流直接影响北半球气候
The Northern Hemisphere owes its climate to the North Atlantic Current.
来自太阳的热量到达赤道后
再由洋流传送到北方
Heat from the sun arrives at the equator and is carried north by the ocean.
但是全球变暖正在融化极地的冰川
而这干扰了这个洋流
But global warming is melting the polar ice caps and disrupting this flow.
最后它会慢慢停下来
到那时候…
Eventually it will shut down. And when that occurs…
…我们温暖的天气就消失了
…there goes our warm climate.
对不起,你认为这情形什么时候
会发生呢?教授?什么时候?
Excuse me. When do you think this could happen, professor? When?
我不知道,也许一百年
也许一千年,但是我知道…
I don’t know. Maybe in 100 years, maybe in 1,000. But what I do know is…
…如果我们不很快采取行动
我们的子孙后代会为此付出代价
…that if we do not act soon, our children and grandchildren will have to pay the price.
那谁将会为京都协定书付出代价呢?
And who’s going to pay the price of the Kyoto Accord?
世界经济将会为此损失亿万美圆
It would cost the world’s economy hundreds of billions of dollars.
恕我直言,副总统先生,如果我们
不采取行动的话,付出的代价会更高
With all due respect, Mr. Vice President, the cost of doing nothing could be even higher.
我们的气候十分脆弱
Our climate is fragile.
按照我们燃烧原油和污染环境的速度…
At the rate we’re burning fossil fuels and polluting the environment…
…冰川将会很快消失
…the ice caps will soon disappear.
霍尔教授…
Professor Hall…
…我们的经济就象环境一样脆弱
…our economy is every bit as fragile as the environment.
也许在做出这种耸人听闻的声明之前
你应该记住这一点
Perhaps you should keep that in mind before making sensationalist claims.
喔,上次断裂的冰块…
Well, the last chunk of ice that broke off…
…差不多象罗德岛州那么大
…was about the size of Rhode Island.
有些人可能会觉得这相当的耸人听闻
Some people might call that pretty sensational.
阻止全球变暖!
阻止全球变暖!
Stop global warming! Stop global warming!
我现在正在新德里的
全球变暖会议场外…
I’m at the Global Warming Conference in New Delhi…
…这里,难以置信的是,正在下雪
…where, if you can believe it, it’s snowing.
有史以来最寒冷的气候给整个城市
造成了严重的混乱…
The coldest weather on record has thrown the city into chaos…
…大量的无家可归者被冻死
…with numbers of homeless people freezing to death.
出租车!
Taxi!
我非常欣赏你的报告,教授
非常有感染力
I enjoyed your testimony, professor. It was very spirited.
喔,谢谢,那正是我们来这里的目的
不是吗?摆出来让大家看看?
Oh, thank you. That’s what we’re here for, right? Put on a good show?
很对,我在想我能不能和你谈谈
有关暖流迁移中断的理论呢
Quite. I was wondering if I could talk to you about your theory on abrupt climate shift.
我叫瑞博森,特里·瑞博森
The name’s Rapson. Terry Rapson.
瑞博森教授?海德兰中心的?
就是我
Professor Rapson? Of the Hedland Center? That’s me.
我读过您有关洋流的论文
I’ve read your work on ocean currents.
你认为我们找个地方喝杯茶怎么样?
非常好,如果我们能打到车的话
What do you say to a spot of tea? Absolutely. If we can hail a cab.
这里
Over here.
欢迎您回来收看,这里是苏格兰格拉斯哥
曼彻斯特联队…
Welcome back to Glasgow, Scotland, where Manchester United…
…在客场以三比一领先凯尔特人队
…Leads 3 – 1 over hometown Celtic.
赫德兰气候观测中心,苏格兰
现在比赛进行到下半时六十三分钟
曼彻斯特联队…
We return 63 minutes into the second half as Manchester United…
…看起来已经牢牢控制了场上局势
我们来看看我们的评论员…
…looks to put the game out of reach. Let’s get back to our commentator…
…唐纳德·麦克法兰德怎么说?
…Donald MacFarland.
怎么啦?哦
What? Yeah.
我刚刚打了个盹,哥们
是
I just closed my eyes for a sec, man. Yeah.
小孩折腾了我们一宿
The baby kept us awake all night.
进球
好!
And still. Yeah!
丹尼斯?流浪者型浮标四三一一号♥
显示温度降低了十三度
Dennis? NOMAD buoy 4311 is showing a temperature drop of 13 degrees.
嗯?四三一一号♥在哪里?
喔,在…
Yeah? Where is 4311? Well, it’s…
乔治海岸
那里是气候恶劣的海域
Georges Bank. It’s rough seas out there.
一定是出故障了
Must have knocked it about.
踢那该死的球,快!
Kick that bloody ball. Come on!
快,现在踢,踢!
Come on, kick it now. Kick it!
踢!
小伙子们赢球了吗?
Kick it! Are the lads winning?
你好,教授,在印度玩的怎么样?
Hello, professor. How was India?
喔,你们知道那种科学会议是什么样的
Oh, you know what these scientific gatherings are.
舞♥女♥啊,美酒还有派队
All dancing girls, wine and parties.
现在发布警告!重复一次…
东京千代田区
东京都内发布台风,暴雨警告!
请大家尽快避难!
有困难么?
是的
不知道大家都在避难吗?
请快点去避难吧
请走好
谢谢
你在回家的路上吗?
我刚出办公室
你不是说一小时前离开公♥司♥了吗?
你还在喝酒吗?
怎么啦?
这是什么呀!
喂…
怎么了,没事吧?
喂?老公!
没事吧?老公!
昨天,诺娜莉飓风的危害
震惊了天气专家…
The fury of Hurricane Noelani stunned weather experts yesterday…
…以从未见过的风力横扫了群岛
…slamming into the island chain with a cataclysmic force never before witnessed.
气象学家认为这是有史以来
最强大的一次飓风…
Meteorologists already believe this to be the strongest hurricane ever recorded…
你就不能接一下吗?
Are you gonna get that?
这肯定会造成巨大的人员伤亡…
It will surely leave a wake of death…
嗨?
我刚看到萨姆微积分只拿了个F
Hello? I just saw that Sam got an F in calculus.
我注意到了,杰克
我也接到了一份他的成绩单
I’m aware, Jack. I get a copy of his report card too.
萨姆是全A的学生
他从来没有不及格过
Sam is a straight-A student. He doesn’t fail classes.
现在我没空谈这些
I don’t have time to talk about this now.
喔,也许你应该抽点时间
Well, maybe you ought to make time.
对不起,我可不是那位
一会儿就一走几个月的人
Excuse me, I’m not the one who’s away for months and months at a time.
我只是不明白
I just don’t understand.
我会让他解释给你听的
你能明早送他去机场吗?
I’ll let him explain it. Can you take him to the airport in the morning?
萨姆要坐飞机?
他参加了学校百科知识问答队
Sam’s getting on a plane? He joined the Scholastic Decathlon Team.
他们在纽约比赛
萨姆参加了问答队?
They’re competing in New York. Sam joined a team?
是,我想是因为有个女孩参加了
喔
Yeah, I think there’s a girl involved. Oh.
我说,你能不能在早上八点半来接他?
Look, can you pick him up at 8:30?
我要走了,今晚要值班
I gotta go because I’m on call tonight.
你别晚了,我不想让他再去乘出租车了
Don’t be late. I don’t want him taking a taxi again.
好的,行,我会去的
我会到的
All right. Okay. I’ll be there. Okay? I’ll be there.
今早气象部门的会议被安排到